PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to see The Offspring go down in history?

DMelges
06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I think this is an interesting question... They discussed this in the new video interview.

Me, as a huge fan who has been following them for over 10 years, would absolutely love to see them bath in glory, rock n roll hall of fame and what not. Now you may say, no way it's good that they aren't over saturated and over exposed, 'cause then they would sell out or bla bla bla.... but you know what?

Remember the live videos from Rock Am Ring and some shows before, where the entire fuckin' crowd just chanted all together "offspring offspring offspring" ? That gave me a sense of pride that I can't explain.

I love meeting people who love this band, because at least where I live, they're actually not that well known. So when I do meet someone who likes them, they're normally a big fan.

Anyway, I'd love to have my favorite and most life influencing band join the rock and roll hall of fame, even if it is just a title, just a pretty picture on the wall, because you know, it shows recognition. It shows that they left their mark, their influence, not just on the die hard fan but on a bit of everyone.

Forget the rock and roll hall of fame, all I mean is, I want them to be remembered.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
I love it when they're appreciated by the general public, so if Days Go By turned out to be as huge as Smash and Americana, that'd make them icons forever. That would be so awesome.

RonWelty
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
"the band that RonWelty was a major fan"

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm not opposed to the idea of them being in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. That would be neat.

TheJakes84
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
They're gonna go way far! And we're all gonna dancer motherfucken dance! Shit isn't Fucked up. The Offspring are here to stay and loves us all the fans. CHEERS :)

Camilamazed
06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Dude, they don't need Rock n Roll of Shame. They have the title the band with the most selling CD by an indie label and the the most downloaded track of all times... Screw the rest. Nobody's ever going to be able to pull something like that off.

=D

cool 2 hate 681
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
the rock and roll hall of fame is a joke

Camilamazed
06-04-2012, 08:38 PM
the rock and roll hall of fame is a joke

Hell yeah. ABBA being inducted was a freaking insult to bands like Rush for instance that was never even considered. I like ABBA and all, but seriously...

Defender
06-05-2012, 02:00 AM
I believe that they have already made their own history and have already gone in history of Rock. They have nothing more to prove. They are into the music for about 30 years. Their reputation has spread all over the world. At least here in Greece, the Offspring are very popular and I have never met anyone who doesn't know them or dislike them. That have impressed me though.
Hall Of Fame is pointless and unimportant.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Do they really care about these certain things or what's the deal?

Degstur Lolland
06-05-2012, 07:50 AM
The Offspring will go up in history, to the Punk & Roll Hall of Fame.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
ROCK on! Cheers. :cool:

DMelges
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Just to clarify, when I said Hall of Fame what I really was trying to say is rock history in general. I also believe the Rock and Roll hall of fame is retarded and corrupted.

I know they have the most successful album on an indie record and all, but I want more haha. I want the band to be even more successful, 'cause they deserve it.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 08:15 AM
As long as the band keeps it real and not go fully mainstream nor wear manliner and be sellouts.

Llamas
06-05-2012, 12:12 PM
The idea of Dexter wearing eyeliner is ridiculously hilarious.

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I want them to make music for as long as they can. When Dexter's voice starts to go, though, I hope they quit while they're ahead.

samseby
06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
In a blaze of glory ;)

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't care how they end, I care of how good music they make and how those songs make me feel through all my life, while am listening to their cool tunes am having a great time and that's all it matters, I bet that's what every band wants, that their fans have fun with the music they make.

DMelges
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't care how they end, I care of how good music they make and how those songs make me feel through all my life, while am listening to their cool tunes am having a great time and that's all it matters, I bet that's what every band wants, that their fans have fun with the music they make.

That's really is what it's all about. But you see, the more successful they are (this meaning either selling alot of records or just being under the eye of the media), can continue giving them the opportunity to do more shows for a long time to come...

You know I don't really know. Maybe I'm just trying to defend a cause that has no need.

They said in that interview, that they really don't even think about their band's place in society today, that they don't compare their success to anyone else and etc. If this is true, it is very cool of them. But, I guess if it were me and my band, I would definitely be trying to stay up on top. Maybe this is only because I grew up in a different time, a time where money is everything and you can't even start a band these days without alot of it.

I think I'm kinda losing track of a point here. In the end, I just want to hear more people chanting "offspring offspring offspring!"... you know?

Dexter_italy
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
just the fact someone's starting doing questions like this gives me creeps!

DMelges
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
just the fact someone's starting doing questions like this gives me creeps!

What do you mean?

Dexter_italy
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
What do you mean?

I mean that people see them as a band ending its carreer. we all know someday it'll happen. but...the latest the best, and doing this kind of question to me seems like making it all faster,

DMelges
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I mean that people see them as a band ending its carreer. we all know someday it'll happen. but...the latest the best, and doing this kind of question to me seems like making it all faster,

Oh I have a good feeling that they won't be ending their career so soon ;)

In my opinion they've never been better. They're kicking ass on stage more than ever, this new album looks very promising, and I expect them to continue for a looong time.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Their albums will probably start sucking eventually, but for now, they will remain my favorite band.