PDA

View Full Version : My "band": Gotengo

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi, all.
I thought that I might just post here for fun even if I can't entertain you with actual sound clips.
My band is called Gotengo (after the flying sub in the film "Atragon". It consists of me and no one else, save for my brother who acts more as a manager, telling me that my songs either suck or rock. I do mostly alt-metal-styled tracks, with touches of heavy metal and lately, more political and personal themes. On June 8, I'll be recording some of my stuff on to a Powerpoint presentation. If you all want, I might upload one or two good tracks on this thread.
However, be warned:
1: I don't actually play guitar, but I'm learning
2: this stuff is on a powerpoint, so it will undoubtedly sound trashy and fuzzy.
3: this is nothing even remotely close to the Offspring, just so you know.
However, if you all show me that you are interested, then I'll post it up!
Cheers,
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
You've caught my attention, I'd like to hear some of your DIY stuff. As long as it is decent and original. Please. Thanks.

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 12:07 PM
You've caught my attention, I'd like to hear some of your DIY stuff. As long as it is decent and original. Please. Thanks.

Sure. It is definitely original, lyrically and sonically. I certainly draw inspiration from some bands, but all the words are my own. As for decency, well, I don't cuss in most of them. I think it's good, but of course, that's my opinion.
You'll have to wait until the 8th, but I'll gladly put in some tracks.
Enjoy, and pardon the lyrics in my songs that are in Japanese and French. Mostly English, though. :)

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Sure. It is definitely original, lyrically and sonically. I certainly draw inspiration from some bands, but all the words are my own. As for decency, well, I don't cuss in most of them. I think it's good, but of course, that's my opinion.
You'll have to wait until the 8th, but I'll gladly put in some tracks.
Enjoy, and pardon the lyrics in my songs that are in Japanese and French. Mostly English, though. :)

I completely understand, thank you, my kind sir :). Yes, I sure will be happy to hear it by the 8th of june of 2012! Well, I write my own stuff such as poetry or lyrics but my shyness gets in the way of my confidence. I can sing almost just about every single song of The Offspring & Young The Giant in my private bedroom :o. Love to do some awesome Kareoke covers at local bars. You are one cool person. Take care.

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I completely understand, thank you, my kind sir :). Yes, I sure will be happy to hear it by the 8th of june of 2012! Well, I write my own stuff such as poetry or lyrics but my shyness gets in the way of my confidence. I can sing almost just about every single song of The Offspring & Young The Giant in my private bedroom :o. Love to do some awesome Kareoke covers at local bars. You are one cool person. Take care.

Thank you very much!
The only issue I might have would be finding a way to get this to you and anyone else. I tried to ask a mod if I can just post this powerpoint even though it's an attachment. We'll see. Until then, I'll be thinking about it.
See you later!
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Thank you very much!
The only issue I might have would be finding a way to get this to you and anyone else. I tried to ask a mod if I can just post this powerpoint even though it's an attachment. We'll see. Until then, I'll be thinking about it.
See you later!
Godxilla

Welcome! Fair enough. I wish you were to do an offspring cover. Of one of your favorite songs.

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Welcome! Fair enough. I wish you were to do an offspring cover. Of one of your favorite songs.

It shall be done!
Pick one:
1. Pretty Fly for a White Guy
2. Days Go By
3. Killboy Powerhead
4. Spare me the Details

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
It shall be done!
Pick one:
1. Pretty Fly for a White Guy
2. Days Go By
3. Killboy Powerhead
4. Spare me the Details

4. spare ME THE details

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
4. spare ME THE details

It shall be done!
Any other requests?

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
It shall be done!
Any other requests?

Groovy! Sure, How about a Young The Giant Song? Cough Syrup or My Body.

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Groovy! Sure, How about a Young The Giant Song? Cough Syrup or My Body.

I'm not so sure about this one. I barely even know Young the Giant, let alone their songs. Sorry. :(

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm not so sure about this one. I barely even know Young the Giant, let alone their songs. Sorry. :(

Ok, how about other bands such as Metallica, Nirvana, Muse, Black Sabbath and or whatever you'd like to contribute. :)

Godxilla
06-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Ok, how about other bands such as Metallica, Nirvana, Muse, Black Sabbath and or whatever you'd like to contribute. :)

Sure. I know Metallica and Nirvana very well. Mind if I do some original stuff, too? ;). Well, you know. After all, I'm here to promote my skill, and not neccessarily Kurt Cobain's. Thanks for the input, though!
In the near future I might put in a potential track listing, just to excite some people. Looking forward to putting this in!

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Sure. I know Metallica and Nirvana very well. Mind if I do some original stuff, too? ;). Well, you know. After all, I'm here to promote my skill, and not neccessarily Kurt Cobain's. Thanks for the input, though!
In the near future I might put in a potential track listing, just to excite some people. Looking forward to putting this in!

Cool, looking forward to your stuff and I know you will totally nailed it! As long as I see the passion and hear the beauty of the sound and without a doubt, embrace it to it's fully potential. It will be a fun time , a good time, and a great way to jam along. Yes, I like jamming to music that soothes the soul/mind/body and heart. The spirit of love and peace brings us all together with happiness & joys. Cheers. :)

Godxilla
06-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Cool, looking forward to your stuff and I know you will totally nailed it! As long as I see the passion and hear the beauty of the sound and without a doubt, embrace it to it's fully potential. It will be a fun time , a good time, and a great way to jam along. Yes, I like jamming to music that soothes the soul/mind/body and heart. The spirit of love and peace brings us all together with happiness & joys. Cheers. :)

Thanks for the confidence! You'll most likely hear my enthusiasm, and also passion. But be warned by the following:
DISCLAIMER: This demo will include plenty of background fuzz, a singer with a deep and not neccessarily good voice, and, potentially, a song about an arson. However, if any of this offends the listener, then just... don't... listen to it.
Did I mention that the guitar is acoustic?

Godxilla
06-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Okay, this isn't perfect, but it's looking better for Gotengo.
Good news: just signed up for Sound Cloud, and it sounds great! Thanks to Little_Miss_1565 for telling me about this! :)
Bad news: The recording session has been moved back :(. Now, it is on the 9th. As you know, life happens sometimes, and things get messed up. Still, it shouldn't be moving any more.
Cheers,
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm a patient person and that was sweet of LM1565 and how did it all started with Gotengo? Any musical influences? The Offspring!!

Godxilla
06-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Well, I'm a patient person and that was sweet of LM1565 and how did it all started with Gotengo? Any musical influences? The Offspring!!

Alright! I can give a little history lesson here! And not only that, but no one can go on to Wikipedia and tell me my facts are wrong!
Okay, here's how it got started. Firstly, a little more than 2 years ago, I got a Zune HD by Microsoft. This opened me up to a world of music, and after a brief love of classic rockers like Yes, I discovered the Clash. Not only did it sound good, but I actually connected with the words. I became a big fan of punk rock, but not the Offspring yet. Then, my dad suggested that I listen to Nirvana's "Come as you are". Wow, I was hooked! Soon enough, I knew all their stuff on Nevermind.
This love of Nirvana introduced me to several alt bands like STP and Pearl Jam. But punk still held a special spot in my heart. Then one night, I listened to a variety of Operation Ivy classics (Op Ivy would later become Rancid) and I thought,"if they can do, surely I can!" That night, the first songs I ever wrote were penned. At that point, I was pretty Republican, so the names were "My Gun", "F the Taliban", and then one called "Black Cat". My dad and brother decided that we should form a band, but my dad's work meant he really never did anything for the group. However, we did get the name from him. You see, we have a black cat named Graviton, so he thought Graviton Cubed would be a cool name. We agreed, and the band was formed.
Fast forward about a year. In this time, I found several bands like the Offspring, Metallica, and Ozzy Osbourne. I didn't really want to write anything sonically similar to them, as we were a punk band with songs like "Line of Fire", "Riot", and "Jehovah's Vitness", a satirical piece on door to door salesmen. One day, in the quest for foolishness, we pretended to be the Offspring, and played a 90-minute set. What fun. But eventually, my brother, whose 'instrument' was the stack of unused songs and two pencils (we called him the drummer for that reason), began to grow unhappy with his work, and quit. I began to write alt-hard rock songs, with those typical themes of fury, suffocation, and guilt. I realized one day that this was stupid, clichéd, and rediculous. I vowed to write real songs with meaning. Eventually, my brother rejoined the group, but only as a manager. I knew that this wasn't Graviton Cubed anymore, so I tried to find a new name. For a few sessions, I played under the name WinterStorm, but I began to dislike that name. We finally settled on Gotengo, after the flying sub in a movie.
Since then, I have recorded about 10 songs on a Powerpoint. Come the 9th, you should hear about 5 of them, freshly recorded.
That is the history of Gotengo. Thank you.

TheJakes84
06-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Alright! I can give a little history lesson here! And not only that, but no one can go on to Wikipedia and tell me my facts are wrong!
Okay, here's how it got started. Firstly, a little more than 2 years ago, I got a Zune HD by Microsoft. This opened me up to a world of music, and after a brief love of classic rockers like Yes, I discovered the Clash. Not only did it sound good, but I actually connected with the words. I became a big fan of punk rock, but not the Offspring yet. Then, my dad suggested that I listen to Nirvana's "Come as you are". Wow, I was hooked! Soon enough, I knew all their stuff on Nevermind.
This love of Nirvana introduced me to several alt bands like STP and Pearl Jam. But punk still held a special spot in my heart. Then one night, I listened to a variety of Operation Ivy classics (Op Ivy would later become Rancid) and I thought,"if they can do, surely I can!" That night, the first songs I ever wrote were penned. At that point, I was pretty Republican, so the names were "My Gun", "F the Taliban", and then one called "Black Cat". My dad and brother decided that we should form a band, but my dad's work meant he really never did anything for the group. However, we did get the name from him. You see, we have a black cat named Graviton, so he thought Graviton Cubed would be a cool name. We agreed, and the band was formed.
Fast forward about a year. In this time, I found several bands like the Offspring, Metallica, and Ozzy Osbourne. I didn't really want to write anything sonically similar to them, as we were a punk band with songs like "Line of Fire", "Riot", and "Jehovah's Vitness", a satirical piece on door to door salesmen. One day, in the quest for foolishness, we pretended to be the Offspring, and played a 90-minute set. What fun. But eventually, my brother, whose 'instrument' was the stack of unused songs and two pencils (we called him the drummer for that reason), began to grow unhappy with his work, and quit. I began to write alt-hard rock songs, with those typical themes of fury, suffocation, and guilt. I realized one day that this was stupid, clichéd, and rediculous. I vowed to write real songs with meaning. Eventually, my brother rejoined the group, but only as a manager. I knew that this wasn't Graviton Cubed anymore, so I tried to find a new name. For a few sessions, I played under the name WinterStorm, but I began to dislike that name. We finally settled on Gotengo, after the flying sub in a movie.
Since then, I have recorded about 10 songs on a Powerpoint. Come the 9th, you should hear about 5 of them, freshly recorded.
That is the history of Gotengo. Thank you.

That was quite the highlight of my day! I must say, very informative yet impressive story. You did great by provinding me wth such specifics and particularly detalized the subject's matter. Enjoyed it as much as you answered my question so well to understand it even more clear. I'd love to see you guys perform live and groove to the tunes and of course jamming allong. Your dad is so cool for introducing ya with NIRVANA's NEVERMIND. One of my all time favorite stuff from them. So, your brother is the manager, is he cool with ya and the rest? Gotengo your band is on the wikimedia? Like accurate stuff? I am tempted to check it out but at the same time I don't know though. Will do then thank you and you are greatly welcome. Stoked. To hear your songs. Yay, makes me an official fan of yours now! Cheers. \\m//\\m//

Godxilla
06-08-2012, 06:27 AM
That was quite the highlight of my day! I must say, very informative yet impressive story. You did great by provinding me wth such specifics and particularly detalized the subject's matter. Enjoyed it as much as you answered my question so well to understand it even more clear. I'd love to see you guys perform live and groove to the tunes and of course jamming allong. Your dad is so cool for introducing ya with NIRVANA's NEVERMIND. One of my all time favorite stuff from them. So, your brother is the manager, is he cool with ya and the rest? Gotengo your band is on the wikimedia? Like accurate stuff? I am tempted to check it out but at the same time I don't know though. Will do then thank you and you are greatly welcome. Stoked. To hear your songs. Yay, makes me an official fan of yours now! Cheers. \\m//\\m//

Ha ha. Glad you enjoyed my history lesson. And yes, my brother enjoys what I do, but he just doesn't like to play along.
No, sorry, the only Gotengo on the Wikipedia would be the flying sub, and not this band. After all, I wouldn't create a page for it, because nobody would have a clue what I'm writing about. Glad you're excited! Now, here's a potential track order for the upcoming demo.
1. The Fall (this is Poe's the "House of Usher" in song form. Pretty cool in my opinion :)).
2. Burned You (a song about vengeance on society)
3. Peace Does Come (a song about a kaiju, but also about making peace with one's enemies)
4. Come to be To Connect (wierd name, I know. The original name was Gamera, but who would even have a clue about what that is?)
5. These are Times (another kaiju song, about betrayal and acceptance. Might not end up in the final demo, but we'll see)
6. Spare Me the Details (a cover of the funniest band on Earth, the Offspring. About a ho, 7 shots of jäger, and depression)
7. Breed (another cover, from Nirvana. A song about apathy, a ghost, and some bigtime confusion)

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Ha ha. Glad you enjoyed my history lesson. And yes, my brother enjoys what I do, but he just doesn't like to play along.
No, sorry, the only Gotengo on the Wikipedia would be the flying sub, and not this band. After all, I wouldn't create a page for it, because nobody would have a clue what I'm writing about. Glad you're excited! Now, here's a potential track order for the upcoming demo.
1. The Fall (this is Poe's the "House of Usher" in song form. Pretty cool in my opinion :)).
2. Burned You (a song about vengeance on society)
3. Peace Does Come (a song about a kaiju, but also about making peace with one's enemies)
4. Come to be To Connect (wierd name, I know. The original name was Gamera, but who would even have a clue about what that is?)
5. These are Times (another kaiju song, about betrayal and acceptance. Might not end up in the final demo, but we'll see)
6. Spare Me the Details (a cover of the funniest band on Earth, the Offspring. About a ho, 7 shots of jäger, and depression)
7. Breed (another cover, from Nirvana. A song about apathy, a ghost, and some bigtime confusion)

Great news update! It keeps getting better! All the demos sound a little bit on the darker side so shed some light, will ya :). I like the way you express 'em and described 'em as well. By the way, thank you for my new current signature! #6. It's offically an exclusive favorite siggy evarrrr!Dang, I wish to be in a band or started one but screw it my kareoke bars covers are the bomb! Drunk or not or maybe uh, um, haha. :o *the walking zombie* Cheers. Now off to my little world of mother nature, thanx, father dinosaur, *hammered* jack & jager shots :D

Godxilla
06-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Great news update! It keeps getting better! All the demos sound a little bit on the darker side so shed some light, will ya :). I like the way you express 'em and described 'em as well. By the way, thank you for my new current signature! #6. It's offically an exclusive favorite siggy evarrrr!Dang, I wish to be in a band or started one but screw it my kareoke bars covers are the bomb! Drunk or not or maybe uh, um, haha. :o *the walking zombie* Cheers. Now off to my little world of mother nature, thanx, father dinosaur, *hammered* jack & jager shots :D

Ha ha! This just keeps getting crazier! And sure, it is dark, but I can add a lighter song or something like that. Maybe I'll add a little ballad I have called "Rebirth of Mothra 3", named after a film. Not sunny, but not sad either.

Happy to help with that signature :).

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Ha ha! This just keeps getting crazier! And sure, it is dark, but I can add a lighter song or something like that. Maybe I'll add a little ballad I have called "Rebirth of Mothra 3", named after a film. Not sunny, but not sad either.

Happy to help with that signature :).

Ha ha, I'm a freak of natural nature! No way! A ballad sounds smooth yet appealing. Don't dissapoint me with a song that can depressed me, as long as it doesn't saddens me. Gone Away always makes me cry and Fix You as well. Pay The Man makes me mellow and Dirty Magic makes me feel mood wise in a happy mode.

:) A toast *cheers*

Godxilla
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Ha ha, I'm a freak of natural nature! No way! A ballad sounds smooth yet appealing. Don't dissapoint me with a song that can depressed me, as long as it doesn't saddens me. Gone Away always makes me cry and Fix You as well. Pay The Man makes me mellow and Dirty Magic makes me feel mood wise in a happy mode.

:) A toast *cheers*

I don't know if "ROM3" is that powerful, but we'll see, right. And I agree, those songs have a lot of impact. I also have one more ballad that might be good, called "Kaeru". Sorry, Japanese. It means to come home.
Well, tomorrow is the big day. I expect to finish this stuff by 3 at the latest, Eastern Time. See you soon!

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know if "ROM3" is that powerful, but we'll see, right. And I agree, those songs have a lot of impact. I also have one more ballad that might be good, called "Kaeru". Sorry, Japanese. It means to come home.
Well, tomorrow is the big day. I expect to finish this stuff by 3 at the latest, Eastern Time. See you soon!

Excuse me, pardon my french but I'm like a little fucken tipsy or tipzy shit, haha,.. been zippin' on beer.. it's hot and sexy weather but well, whatever....nevermind.

OK, everything soundz hella dope to me and anything can be amazing to me. Serious, I am willing to hear it all tomorrow and Japanese language is difficult for me to understand it. Let alone pronouncing it perfectly, but still I think or I know it's a wonderful/precious language. I love Japan. Cyaaaa.

Godxilla
06-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Excuse me, pardon my french but I'm like a little fucken tipsy or tipzy shit, haha,.. been zippin' on beer.. it's hot and sexy weather but well, whatever....nevermind.

OK, everything soundz hella dope to me and anything can be amazing to me. Serious, I am willing to hear it all tomorrow and Japanese language is difficult for me to understand it. Let alone pronouncing it perfectly, but still I think or I know it's a wonderful/precious language. I love Japan. Cyaaaa.

Whoa... lay off the Al Cohol. Good guy sometimes, but like religion, better in moderation. And don't worry, none of the song's words are in Japanese, just the titles.
That's unique. I've never heard Japanese be called precious. But whatever, right.
Well, sometimes you've just got to drink away the day and 'zip on beer'. After all, Willy Wonka said it first: "Candy's dandy, but liquor's quicker."
Cheers,
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Whoa... lay off the Al Cohol. Good guy sometimes, but like religion, better in moderation. And don't worry, none of the song's words are in Japanese, just the titles.
That's unique. I've never heard Japanese be called precious. But whatever, right.
Well, sometimes you've just got to drink away the day and 'zip on beer'. After all, Willy Wonka said it first: "Candy's dandy, but liquor's quicker."
Cheers,
Godxilla

I like your sense of humor. Love that movie because of Johnny Depp. Yeah, I was drinking by myself this time and started shooting some pool, then wen't off to play a nother round of shots. Anyways, oh yeah, Japan is very different from America and hopefully one of these days will visit! Japan in my eyes is as precious as the culture itself and so unique! I'd like to learn the language and the food taste delicious/yummy.

Godxilla
06-09-2012, 06:12 AM
I like your sense of humor. Love that movie because of Johnny Depp. Yeah, I was drinking by myself this time and started shooting some pool, then wen't off to play a nother round of shots. Anyways, oh yeah, Japan is very different from America and hopefully one of these days will visit! Japan in my eyes is as precious as the culture itself and so unique! I'd like to learn the language and the food taste delicious/yummy.

Yes, Japan is a good spot to go, I think. It would be cool to learn the language, even if it was just Romaji (Japanese in Roman letters).
There's been one final adjustment to the plan. I have a baseball practice at 2:30, so all the stuff will definitely be out by 2-ish. I'll be able to get started at 1:15, leaving me 45 minutes to get it done. Not impossible. I'll talk to you later.
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Yes, Japan is a good spot to go, I think. It would be cool to learn the language, even if it was just Romaji (Japanese in Roman letters).
There's been one final adjustment to the plan. I have a baseball practice at 2:30, so all the stuff will definitely be out by 2-ish. I'll be able to get started at 1:15, leaving me 45 minutes to get it done. Not impossible. I'll talk to you later.
Godxilla

Agreed. Indeed. Have a fun time at your baseball pratice! Okkie dookie, we shall talk soon and cool that this came out fantastic! *highfives*

Godxilla
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Here it all is! Finally! All of these are Sound Cloud recordings, so you'll have to go to these links and click play for each (they won't play themselves, right?). THis is the suggested track order:
1. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/come-to-be-to-connect
2. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/burned-you
3. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/the-fall
4. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/peace-does-come
5. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/castaway

Hope you enjoy!

Godxilla
06-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Sorry about the lack of Spare me the Details. I was actually in the process of recording it when it was time to go to practice. Real sorry.

TheJakes84
06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
It's all good, zero worries, stuff happens. SOrry, but I didn't get the honor to hear the songs this pc sucks but I will use my other one. :o

Godxilla
06-09-2012, 05:15 PM
It's all good, zero worries, stuff happens. SOrry, but I didn't get the honor to hear the songs this pc sucks but I will use my other one. :o

Okay. Good or bad, be sure to share your feedback. All the feedback that I take in helps me write better stuff, so it is ALL accepted, whether you love it or hate it.

To all the other Offspring forumsters, please share your thoughts. I would hate to think that only TheJakes cares about my stuff, or even hates it but isn't brave enough to tell me. Trust me: I'm tough, I can handle it.
Thanks,
Godxilla

TheJakes84
06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Okay. Good or bad, be sure to share your feedback. All the feedback that I take in helps me write better stuff, so it is ALL accepted, whether you love it or hate it.

To all the other Offspring forumsters, please share your thoughts. I would hate to think that only TheJakes cares about my stuff, or even hates it but isn't brave enough to tell me. Trust me: I'm tough, I can handle it.
Thanks,
Godxilla

Yo, I'm actually a very opinionated person but I am not blunt about it. By the time I get a chance to use the other PC, I will let ya know if I liked it or not. How can I say that I would hate it or love it? When I hear the songs, I will know if I enjoyed them. Yeah, I don't wanna be the only one that gets to jam allong with your music. You did your part on providing your sharings so it's now for any of us to contribute back! Have a great day! :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I just want to be the third person to post in this thread which already has 34 posts. I checked out your tunes by the way. Good job.

Godxilla
06-12-2012, 04:00 AM
I just want to be the third person to post in this thread which already has 34 posts. I checked out your tunes by the way. Good job.

Sorry, is that too much posting for you?

Glad you enjoyed my stuff! If you don't mind me asking, which was your favorite track? Least favorite? Any other comments? Thanks.

TheJakes84
06-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I like this thread. :cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Sorry, is that too much posting for you?

Glad you enjoyed my stuff! If you don't mind me asking, which was your favorite track? Least favorite? Any other comments? Thanks.

Come To Be To Connect: I thought the vocals were pretty much the best on this one. I liked the lyrics too.
Burned You: "Hey, Hey!" I liked the grungy sound of this one.
The Fall: I liked the consistent rotating between just guitar and guitar and vocals. The last 40 seconds was my favorite.
Peace Does Come: I really liked the vocals in the middle section.
Castaway: I like the acoustic intro. I also like the intensity of the chorus. I also really liked the second verse when it seemed to pick up speed a little.
Burned You was my favorite

Godxilla
06-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Come To Be To Connect: I thought the vocals were pretty much the best on this one. I liked the lyrics too.
Burned You: "Hey, Hey!" I liked the grungy sound of this one.
The Fall: I liked the consistent rotating between just guitar and guitar and vocals. The last 40 seconds was my favorite.
Peace Does Come: I really liked the vocals in the middle section.
Castaway: I like the acoustic intro. I also like the intensity of the chorus. I also really liked the second verse when it seemed to pick up speed a little.
Burned You was my favorite

Awesome! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! If you're interested, tomorrow I'm going to be able to record one or two more tracks. The stuff isn't as good as this session, but you might enjoy it as well. Cheers,
Godxilla

Godxilla
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
This is another collection of songs done by Gotengo. I encourage viewers to just give it a try and tell me what they think. Here are the links:
1. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/supesu-gojira
2. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/these-are-times
3. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/socialist-america

Yeah, that last one IS called Socialist America. Really funny, in my opinion.
Enjoy!

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 04:41 PM
here it all is! Finally! All of these are sound cloud recordings, so you'll have to go to these links and click play for each (they won't play themselves, right?). This is the suggested track order:
1. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/come-to-be-to-connect
2. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/burned-you
3. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/the-fall
4. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/peace-does-come
5. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/castaway

hope you enjoy!

hey, now i can actually have a listen to yo songs without any troubles.

this is another collection of songs done by gotengo. I encourage viewers to just give it a try and tell me what they think. Here are the links:
1. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/supesu-gojira
2. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/these-are-times
3. http://soundcloud.com/gotengo/socialist-america

yeah, that last one is called socialist america. Really funny, in my opinion.
Enjoy!

i will later on tell ya what i think about each individual one okkie dookie.

Godxilla
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
hey, now i can actually have a listen to yo songs without any troubles.

i will later on tell ya what i think about each individual one okkie dookie.

No problem. Glad you're so close to finally ending the struggle to listen the "band" Gotengo! :)

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 06:41 PM
No problem. Glad you're so close to finally ending the struggle to listen the "band" Gotengo! :)

UGH, tell me about it but I shall give a great/positive review though. Tonight in my office/bedroom. :)

Godxilla
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
UGH, tell me about it but I shall give a great/positive review though. Tonight in my office/bedroom. :)

Looking forward to it!:D