PDA

View Full Version : Best.Show.EVER

Pages : [1] 2

RonWelty
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
This is amazing. NEW dirty magic rocks. Now internission.

Thanks Dexter and co

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh, come on now, please gives us the videos/pics? Thanks. Do it for the love of Dexter. :) Greatly appreciated. Since yo a nice dude.

Dexter_italy
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I wanna be there! goddamn!

NoGuessing
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
\Now internission.

Intermission with a drunken Noodles voiceover?

I would watch that.

emmylou
06-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Thanks Dexter and co

pllleeeaaassseee let that be repeated tomorrow :D

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I honestly have a boner right now. You suck, RonWelty.

MAXTER
06-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Thanks Dexter and co

Didn't they played the original version of Dirty Magic, the original one from 92?

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-05-2012, 03:30 PM
probably dexter said when they were gona play it that it's the new version of it.. lets wait :cool:

chriiis
06-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I think if it's the ignition anniversary... they should play the old one...

MAXTER
06-05-2012, 04:09 PM
They've played "Beheaded" and "Lightning Rod"!!! -Thanks to Greekoldfan x info!

Krojd
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
they've played "beheaded" and "lightning rod"!!! -thanks to greekoldfan x info!

holy fuck!

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM

wow:eek: that setlist sounds better then long beach

Dexter_italy
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope something like this will happen on next shows too!

MAXTER
06-05-2012, 04:25 PM
SETLIST (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-4bdfd7c6.html)

I THINK THE BEST SETLIST EVER BY THE OFFSPRING!

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 04:28 PM
What the fuck?! We asked them to play Beheaded and we got a big fat of course not. Now they play Beheaded and Lightning Rod in only one day?

I hate favoritism.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Fuck me sideways, that's the best setlist EVER...You lucky bastards!

chriiis
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
SETLIST (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-4bdfd7c6.html)

omfg :eek:

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 04:30 PM
What the fuck?! We asked them to play Beheaded and we got a big fat of course not. Now they play Beheaded and Lightning Rod in only one day?

I hate favoritism.

I think this is a bit much. I've asked bands to play songs at a show and gotten a "OH JEEZ UM I DUNNO" and then at a promotional appearance or something a day or two later, they're like "oh hey so we're going to do (song I asked them to do and they said no)." Sometimes a band has to think about it for a second. That doesn't make it favoritism.

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 04:32 PM

I hate favoritism.

didn't dexter say they would play it at long beach but then they forgot?

i also asked at the fountain valley show for it:o

NoGuessing
06-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Fingers crossed it got recorded.

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I think this is a bit much. I've asked bands to play songs at a show and gotten a "OH JEEZ UM I DUNNO" and then at a promotional appearance or something a day or two later, they're like "oh hey so we're going to do (song I asked them to do and they said no)." Sometimes a band has to think about it for a second. That doesn't make it favoritism.

Oh really?! So it is just a bit of coincidence that both shows that Oxygene attend they play LR? Ok. I'll pretend I believe that just so I don't get more pissed than I already am.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh really?! So it is just a bit of coincidence that both shows that Oxygene attend they play LR? Ok. I'll pretend I believe that just so I don't get more pissed than I already am.

This is definitely a bit much.

Remember that time Dexter called you out from the stage? Come on, dude.

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
so this is the 4th time lightning rod was played live

august 14th 2007 summersonic after
february 23 2008 soundwave
setpember 5th 2009 croatia
june 5th 2012 london

Manic subsidal
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Those two songs may have made the setlist better (even though it was shorter than Long Beach), but how many of offspring's family and friends were at that show? And did Greg's brother stage dive??? my city wins :P

that sounds really fun though, glad they played another awesome show!

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Fingers crossed it got recorded.

lets hope so :)

Little_Miss_1565
so this is the 4th time lightning rod was played live

august 14th 2007 summersonic after
february 23 2008 soundwave
setpember 5th 2009 croatia
june 5th 2012 london

Jealoussssss. Hope I get to see them play it on the US tour for the album. DEAR DEXTER, I HEART THIS SONG, I THINK IT WOULD BE SWEET IF YOU PLAYED IT IN THE US, PARTICULARLY IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. :D

Krojd
Now I'm crying and laughing of happiness... but I feel great, for us, for the fans there, everything's cool and after that I really cant wait for the Brussells show...hmmm.

the hitcher
06-05-2012, 04:37 PM
thats a set list and a half. sounds like a hell of a gig damn

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Jealoussssss. Hope I get to see them play it on the US tour for the album. DEAR DEXTER, I HEART THIS SONG, I THINK IT WOULD BE SWEET IF YOU PLAYED IT IN THE US, PARTICULARLY IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. :D

yeah same here

it's kinda sad i remember all that haha

Krojd
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
So it is just a bit of coincidence that both shows that Oxygene attend they play LR?

Sounds like they play LR especially for Oxy and everyone in the venue, except for him, have to get out and then get back :D

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM
This is definitely a bit much.
Remember that time Dexter called you out from the stage? Come on, dude.

They got LR. TWICE. Yes, I am jealous. Very.

Those two songs may have made the setlist better (even though it was shorter than Long Beach), but how many of offspring's family and friends were at that show? And did Greg's brother stage dive??? my city wins :P
that sounds really fun though, glad they played another awesome show!

You always manage to look on the bright side. When I grow up I want to be like you.

Don't mock me, please. I am hurt and jealous!!!:(

XYlophonetreeZ
06-05-2012, 04:43 PM

I hate favoritism.

Yeah, they clearly hate their fans in their hometown, a place that they have repeatedly stated their fondness for, and actually love the British more than anything.

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Wow! That is SO awesome! :D

I wonder if the Lightning Rod had anything to do with it. I hope this one gets played in the South American tour, whenever that is.

Seems like it was a great show, guys!

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Next time I want to attend an Offspring concert I'm going to make sure it's a day Oxygene is going to be present.

Ok. I'm done crying like a baby. Until tomorrow when they play End of the Line.

Dexter_italy
06-05-2012, 04:53 PM
In bruxelles I might take a sign... "oxy's not here, but could you play lightning rod too?" :D

Krojd
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
In bruxelles I might take a sign... "oxy's not here, but could you play lightning rod too?" :D

Do it, I'll help you holding it :D

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Ha, glad to see the Lightning Rod Campaign is still going on. Are you guys serious about taking a sign? You could use some of the pictures from the first time we asked them. :)

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Next time I want to attend an Offspring concert I'm going to make sure it's a day Oxygene is going to be present.

Look, I'm jealous too, but it's not Oxy's problem that they've played it twice when he was there and you weren't. It's also not the band's problem. Your reaction is only your problem.

And jesus god you got to go to the Ignition show, and I didn't, but I'm not crying about it. And you got a call out from the stage, and no one else did, and no one cried about it.

Y'know, there are people who talk to the band about doing cool shit, and when they do and there's nothing but complaining, bitching, moaning, crying, and more complaining...would that encourage you to do cool shit if that was the response you got?

Tom_Woodcock
06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
That show was the best of theirs I've ever seen. Got a load of pics and videos to look through when I get home. I couldn't help it, I couldn't believe what I was hearing / seeing!

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
That show was the best of theirs I've ever seen. Got a load of pics and videos to look through when I get home. I couldn't help it, I couldn't believe what I was hearing / seeing!

That's pretty awesome. Did you tape Lightning Rod or Forever And A Day? :D Please tell me you did.

Nonetheless, seems like you had a blast! Awesome!

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Look, I'm jealous too, but it's not Oxy's problem that they've played it twice when he was there and you weren't. It's also not the band's problem. Your reaction is only your problem.

You're right, it's only MY problem. My problem is that I think there is favoritism, so let me complain about it and quit trying to argue and defend the band all the time... Jeez..

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 05:20 PM

I couldn't believe what I was seeing just looking at that set list! Hope you'll share those pics and videos with us that couldn't be there.

the hitcher
probley one of the finest set list gigs that have graced
england in a long time. thank you to the offspring.

KyleW
That. Was. Amazing!

The whole of Ignition was immense, new dirty magic is just... wow! And they threw in Beheaded and Lightning Rod!! Oh and to top it all off I caught a second pick for my collection and its a purple Noodles one! I think I was stood about 2 people behind Oxy too.

http://i.imgur.com/muDud.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DuMrA.jpg

Genuinely cant wait for tomorrow now.

A couple of other bits...

1) They did not play Cruisin' California but did play DGB and TFIS and considering CC is meant to be the first single that was a bit odd... perhaps theyre going to anounce DGB is to be released everywhere.

2) Noodles drinks Boddingtons. That in itself is awesome.

3) I'll be there again tomorrow and if they throw out the same setlist I'll try and get as much video as possible since I'll be taking my camera this time :)

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 05:22 PM
You're right, it's only MY problem. My problem is that I think there is favoritism, so let me complain about it and quit trying to argue and defend the band all the time... Jeez..

Even if there is favoritism, do you ignore the things your friends say in favor of people you don't know? And none of us even KNOW if Oxy requested the song. And even if he did, HE'S FRIENDS WITH THE BAND. The band knows who I am but we're not what I'd call friends, and I don't expect them to play "Forever and a Day" or "Lightning Rod" or whatever else just because I want to hear it.

And no, I don't make a habit of letting people shit on the band in their house, so nothin' doin' there. Sorry not sorry.

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
probley one of the finest set list gigs that have graced
england in a long time. thank you to the offspring.

I bet it was, my friend. Lightning Rod and Beheaded, so awesome! Really happy for you guys. :)

That. Was. Amazing!

The whole of Ignition was immense, new dirty magic is just... wow! And they threw in Beheaded and Lightning Rod!! Oh and to top it all off I caught a second pick for my collection and its a purple Noodles one! I think I was stood about 2 people behind Oxy.

Happy for you, man! Tell us more about the new Dirty Magic, I know it's a very hard task to ask someone to describe music with words. But we're all very excited to hear what it sounds like!

the hitcher
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
That. Was. Amazing!

The whole of Ignition was immense, new dirty magic is just... wow! And they threw in Beheaded and Lightning Rod!! Oh and to top it all off I caught a second pick for my collection and its a purple Noodles one! I think I was stood about 2 people behind Oxy.

1) They did not play Cruisin' California but did play DGB and TFIS and considering CC is meant to be the first single that was a bit odd... perhaps theyre going to anounce DGB is to be released everywhere.

3) I'll be there again tomorrow and if they throw out the same setlist I'll try and get as much video as possible since I'll be taking my camera this time :)

noodlels drinks boddingtons thats epic:D

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM

This gave me a chuckle, but then I remembered - isn't DGB the UK single?

the hitcher
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
This gave me a LOL. But seriously, isn't DGB the UK single?

yes its the uk single only herd it on one station though

Krojd
06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Ha, glad to see the Lightning Rod Campaign is still going on. Are you guys serious about taking a sign? You could use some of the pictures from the first time we asked them. :)

Well, we could, couldn't we? :)

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
This gave me a LOL. But seriously, isn't DGB the UK single?

I believe it isn't, the website says Days Go By is the first single in the United States of America, Canada, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and that Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) is the single in the rest of the world, which includes England.

I wonder when the video for that one will be released, and if they will ever play it live, as far as we know, they've played EVERY single live, even She's Got Issues, even though there is no recording of it whatsoever on the internet. But considering CC has a lot of auto tunes and samples, it makes me think if the live song will ever see the light of day.

Manic subsidal
06-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I really hope they do a piano/acoustic version of cc <3

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I really hope they do a piano/acoustic version of cc <3

Interesting idea. Like all those people on YouTube who've done piano versions of pop songs, except it'd be them covering...well, themselves.

KyleW
06-05-2012, 05:34 PM
This gave me a chuckle, but then I remembered - isn't DGB the UK single?

Homepage says USA, CAN, GER, AUT & SUI for DGB so apparently we get CC over here. Not seen any advertising for either yet though so I'll keep an eye out :).

Happy for you, man! Tell us more about the new Dirty Magic, I know it's a very hard task to ask someone to describe music with words. But we're all very excited to hear what it sounds like!

Its hard to explain really. It felt a little slower and rockier, the guitars were definitely a little heavier. Not sure how it'll transcend between live shows and the album but we'll all find out on June 26th :D

jacknife737
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
That's a pretty ballin' setlist!

Though the fact that Noodles drinks Boddingtons is even more rad!

DMelges
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Videos or it didn't happen. For the love of all that is sweet, please post videos!!!!!!!!

This really seems like it was the best Offspring show of all time. What a setlist.... all you lucky fans who were able to go, your still unborn children shall remember this show.

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 05:37 PM
That. Was. Amazing!

The whole of Ignition was immense, new dirty magic is just... wow! And they threw in Beheaded and Lightning Rod!! Oh and to top it all off I caught a second pick for my collection and its a purple Noodles one! I think I was stood about 2 people behind Oxy too.

http://i.imgur.com/muDud.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DuMrA.jpg

That's cool. It looks like they tossed out guitar picks with Offspring-ish artwork on them.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM

I hate favoritism.

No offense, but I think most fans (like myself) aren't anywhere near of being acquainted with the band in any way at all, let alone make requests for them. Yeah, I am jealous that I wasn't at this show, but to think that I would take something like a song that I'd requested not being played at a show that I attended is kind of unimaginable to me.

I really hope there won't be a recording of the new Dirty Magic, because that's the song I want to hear the most

Gustavo
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Well, we could, couldn't we? :)

They're all available here: http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/gallery/LightningRod/

The best ones are:
http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/gallery/cache/LightningRod/USA/Dexter_595.jpg

http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/gallery/cache/LightningRod/Brazil/Orion_595.jpg

How can they possibly resist this dog? The band doesn't speak Portuguese, but they'll understand how much this dog wants them to play it when they see this picture and then they just won't be able to resist.

Zee
06-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow, that's one hell of a setlist! Can't wait for Brussels and Amsterdam where I'm heading for too!

the_real_potomek
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Wow, that was amazing! The whole Ignition, plus Beheaded, plus Lightning Rod, plus Future Is Now, I loved it!:D:D:D

KHWHD
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
AWESOME setlist!!! :cool:

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
The Long Beach show was awesome for its own reasons (hometown, 500 years long), good on them for finding ways to make the other shows special too in their own way.

RonWelty
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I will try to record dirty magic tomorrow.

I have a feeling they will switch lightning for Mota. It's just a feeling!

cool 2 hate 681
06-05-2012, 06:20 PM

oh man the guy with the play mota sign is going to be so jealous

Krojd
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd take Mota instead of YGGFK or Days Go By but thats a new single so not gonna happen, anyway kid and days are the two weakest songs in that magnificent (!!!) setlist.

oh man the guy with the play mota sign is going to be so jealous
If so, poor him.

KyleW
06-05-2012, 06:23 PM

I won't have a voice left if this happens :D

Degstur Lolland
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM
They've played "Beheaded" and "Lightning Rod"!!! -Thanks to Greekoldfan x info!Did he torture them? :ddd

Whatta greed. I have never seen them live.

People, post some videos, I'd like to hear TFIN and more importantly DM! Not really crazy about Beheaded or Lightning Rod, I guess I can't wait for the new album, that's the priority, but we need Amazed campaign!

Britpunk
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Frankly - that was immense. hearing ignition played live was something i'll remember always and i have to thank a few people privately for making it even more amazing.

but look, they have 140ish songs they could play, and they can only ever play a fraction of those in a 20-25 song set. i'm sorry if they didn't play YOUR favourite song the last time they played near you, but fuck they didn't play Gotta Get Away or I'll Be Waiting or Cruisin' California ;) tonight.

Am i bummed? nope! they played probably better than i've ever heard them play live, and they played a bunch of songs i could never have dreamed of seeing live before. if you've been fortunate enough to see those songs too, I'm not sure a lack of LR should be ruining that for you.

DMelges
06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Seriously, no videos yet? A show with THIS setlist, and no videos?

no_hero,no_saviour
06-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Such a good show, only got videos of days go by and pretty fly. Was too busy going crazy during beheaded and Lightning rod to get any footage.

Tijs
06-05-2012, 07:37 PM
That was a great concert, crowd was wild, pain everywhere. But loving it! Can't believe I heard Lightning Rod live, omfg.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 07:48 PM
That was a great concert, crowd was wild, pain everywhere. But loving it! Can't believe I heard Lightning Rod live, omfg.

Haha they only played it because you were there, right? OMFG FUK U! U SUK. U DIE NOW KTHX

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Haha they only played it because you were there, right? OMFG FUK U! U SUK. U DIE NOW KTHX

Sarah, with all my due respect, but it's been stuck in my throat for a very long time: F.U.C.K. Y.O.U and shove your moderator title up your ass. No wonder I heard how much of a bitch you have become just because you have "power" around here.

There. Now you have a reason to ban me.

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 07:56 PM

A bit immature to mock.

tylercosgrove1989
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Can't we all get along? :[

TeddyBear_Army
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST THE DAMN VIDEO OF THE NEW DIRTY MAGIC.

FUCK!
FUCKING SHIT!

They fucking play the new version and all you guys do is argue! Come the fuck on! Lets talk about something that fucking matters for once! Shit, I'm so raging right now.

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST THE DAMN VIDEO OF THE NEW DIRTY MAGIC.

FUCK!
FUCKING SHIT!

They fucking play the new version and all you guys do is argue! Come the fuck on! Lets talk about something that fucking matters for once! Shit, I'm so raging right now.

My reaction since the first post.

Degstur Lolland
06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
a bit immature to mock.
Aha!..Aha!

the hitcher
06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Can't we all get along? :[

damn this is gone to a rocky road thread now.
i agree.

TeddyBear_Army
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
My reaction since the first post.

Thank you! Man, I'm tired of this shit! "oooh, I hate you so Imma be immature and fuck this topic for everyone else"

I'm talking to you both. STOP BEING FUCKING CHILDISH. Camila and 1565, please fucking stop. I don't care who started, all that matters is that you guys keep on continuing it and it's pissing me off.

TeddyBear_Army
06-05-2012, 08:32 PM
You know the topic is fucked up when HAU's posts are the least insane ones (No offense man, I love you).

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
No need to get mad. Just ask the moderator to delete all my posts.

KTILLA23
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Holy sh*t Lightning Rod, Beheaded, the new Dirty Magic, and The Future is Now all on the same night? Wow I can't believe it! Playing Lightning Rod then right after The Future is Now is beast! I'm really hoping somebody recorded it.

TeddyBear_Army
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
No need to get mad. Just ask the moderator to delete all my posts.

Thing is, Sarah complains about you and then does the same shit you did, only worse. We should be celebrating the new song, you know, and not discussing shit that don't matter.

Camilamazed
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Thing is, Sarah complains about you and then does the same shit you did, only worse. We should be celebrating the new song, you know, and not discussing shit that don't matter.

Oh, but she is allowed to do whatever the fuck she wants. If it was the other way around I would have gotten a warning. I miss the times when everybody was on the same level. No wonder so many cool people stopped posting.

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
But I'm cool. Right, guys?

Ahem. I wanna hear the new Dirty Magic! Someone! Please!

offspringiztheshit
06-05-2012, 09:00 PM
why dont we just stop complaining about sarah and other bullshit and come together as offspring fans and just try to get some goddamn video of new dirty magic, and lightning rod. and beheaded, and the rest of the show

the hitcher
06-05-2012, 09:00 PM

it'd be nice wouldent it pal

tylercosgrove1989
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM

You are cool.

I usually listen to all the live versions before the studio versions come out if available first, but I think I'll wait till the album comes out for this one.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM

Definitely!

NoGuessing
06-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I wonder if the band are reading this and going to play a game of count the cameras tomorrow?

They could troll you all and play Green Day covers.:p

killboybowerhead
06-05-2012, 11:06 PM
tomorrows setlist-

when you're in prison
intermission
cruising california
spare me the details
why don't you get a job
pretty fly(mariachi version)
original prankster
self esteem

GamerKT
06-05-2012, 11:21 PM
tomorrows setlist-

when you're in prison
intermission
cruising california
spare me the details
why don't you get a job
pretty fly(mariachi version)
original prankster
self esteem

I'd still enjoy myself....

killboybowerhead
06-05-2012, 11:41 PM
yea i guess i would too

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Sarah, with all my due respect, but it's been stuck in my throat for a very long time: F.U.C.K. Y.O.U and shove your moderator title up your ass. No wonder I heard how much of a bitch you have become just because you have "power" around here.

You're right, I shouldn't have mocked you, and I apologize. But I hope you can understand how completely frustrating it is to deal with incredible negativity even when (or perhaps just whenever) the band does something really cool (or, really, anything. Or nothing). And it's often from the same people. I feel protective of the band because they're great guys and have always been really good to me. They've been really good to all of us. And it makes me want to bash my head into a wall (and often feels like I am) when people willingly refuse to see that. It makes the bitch come out in a big, big way, and it got the better of me this time. I get that you felt frustrated, but i mean, blogs are a good way to vent your frustration that someone who's friends with the band gets to do things that the rest of us don't. But I'm also tired of being nice who shit on me, shit on the band, shit on everyone. And yeah, I have a lot of power when I'm supposed to take shit with a smile.

And FFS, I've never been looking for a reason to ban you. You don't even have a warning, do you?

emmylou
06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
with that set list i am soooooo excited for the show tonight !!!! london bound soon

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
You're right, I shouldn't have mocked you, and I apologize. But I hope you can understand how completely frustrating it is to deal with incredible negativity even when (or perhaps just whenever) the band does something really cool (or, really, anything. Or nothing).
Well, that's convenient. It's easy giving a hard time to everybody around here and then apologizing as though you were such a cool moderator. The same thing with me complaining about Cruisin California; I get all the bullshit and then people act as if nothing happened.

And it's often from the same people.
EXACTLY. Is it always the same people? HELL YEAH. It's the fuckers who come here, waste their time doing a bunch of crap related to the band, people who spend their money (sometimes money they donít fucking have) on the band and then we have to come to the boards and pretend we are fucking happy all the time with every little thing the band does? Please. Let the ďsame peopleĒ be.

I feel protective of the band because they're great guys and have always been really good to me. They've been really good to all of us.
You feel protective of the band? ONLY you? Just Shut up. Everyone who had the chance of meeting them knows they are nice; even those who didnít have the chance to meet them. So stop repeating things all the fucking time. We have been here for quite a while now don't you think we know that?

And it makes me want to bash my head into a wall (and often feels like I am) when people willingly refuse to see that.
Oh really? What about you? You refuse to see that we are entitled to be pissed at the band sometimes. You go on like a freaking broken record saying that youíre tired of negativity, and you and your mates bash the ones who support the band no matter what.

It makes the bitch come out in a big, big way, and it got the better of me this time. I get that you felt frustrated, but i mean, blogs are a good way to vent your frustration that someone who's friends with the band gets to do things that the rest of us don't.
Ohhhh, itís fine for you to complain about negativity all the time with endless posts about how awesome the band is and how protective you are, but other people need ďblogsĒ to vent their frustration? THIS is something I donít get.
You have to understand once and for all that you're dealing with fans dammit. We are allowed to express our frustration here because very much like yourself, WE GIVE A DAMN. So, don't tell me about blogs.

But I'm also tired of being nice who shit on me, shit on the band, shit on everyone. And yeah, I have a lot of power when I'm supposed to take shit with a smile.

And FFS, I've never been looking for a reason to ban you. You don't even have a warning, do you?
1. You do not have to be nice to those who shit on you. Ignore them. If they do shit on you itís because you canít just keep it to yourself. And sometimes you pick on people when there is no need to.
2. You do not need to be nice to those who shit on the band. Ignore them. They are entitled to their opinion the same way you are entitled to defend the band. As long as their shit is under the rules all you have to do is accept it.
3. You do not have to be nice to people who shit on everyone. Itís everyoneís problem, not yours. As moderator you can take actions according to the rules of the boards other than that itís not of your damn business.
4. As a moderator I suppose, you have to take care of the boards not dictate what people should or should think/express about the band.
5. I donít have a warning because I am pretty sure itís convenient because you were the one who - letís put it this way - started it.
And last but least, unless the band tells you that fans cannot express their frustration here, you have to accept it whether you like it or not Ė other moderators deal with the problem just fine without being so annoying and redundant.

Jesus
06-06-2012, 12:36 AM

I hate favoritism.

Reactions like this are probably the reason why they always play the same setlists.

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Reactions like this are probably the reason why they always play the same setlists.

Perhaps. But as far as I know the setlists have been the same since 2004. And the reason I complain is that the one person who started all this thing for us to listen to Lightning Rod live was somebody in Brazil who never got the chance to meet the band or listen to it live. And the four times the band played was not in Brazil.

Anyway, I've gone too far already. I know the band will do whatever they feel like doing, it's just that it could be pretty cool if everybody could get to enjoy the song.

Jesus
06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
next time just wait 5 mins before you hit reply if you feel jealous/angry. It will help in the long run ;).

Anyway, where are the shitty youtube vids?! Dont let us down England, you are better than Japan!

Eskimo
06-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Holy shit, Camila.

Just ban her already, uproar or no. You're going to fly off your tits in a chimpanzee rage because somebody else got to hear a song you like live?

Waaah, waah. Pacifier, change of diaper, Dora The Explorer on the TV. Things better now, aw diddums?

Holy. Fuck.

I've yelled at the top of my voice from the front row for them to play an Ignition song at shows, oh, what, 6 or 7 times over the years? Am I losing my shit over them playing the entire thing in places I can't get to to see?

Le fuck yew, says the Frenchie.

killboybowerhead
06-06-2012, 01:16 AM
I only come around here when a new album is coming out or whatever. And I've stepped on some toes.. sorry bout that. not intentional. But I mean hell if someone is that upset about not seeing those songs you should take it as a compliment. Not waste your day on it.
I appreciate all the vids of new songs you all have posted. Im excited for a new record. Isn't it easier to be nice than be mean? Middle ground can be really nice.

GamerKT
06-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Someone, post the new Dirty Magic, godfuckingdammit.

Defender
06-06-2012, 02:03 AM
What a setlist...!! This band knows how to surprise us. The older they get, the better they are....

nightvision
06-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm really disappointed in myself for not finding a way to attend to any of these awesome Ignition shows. Shame on me!

Rooster
06-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Before (angrily) complaining (or should I rather say "bitching") about not hearing certain songs live, take a moment and think of those who haven't even seen the band live yet. I haven't been to an Offspring show yet, and I'm a long time fan. It was always either due to some other obligations I had on the day of the concert (Uni exams for example) or in the case when they did play in Slovenia I was too young to go or really care about the gigs.

You, on the other hand, have seen them on one of their Ignition 20th anniversary small club shows, been even recognised by the band members themselves, and then you complain about not hearing 2 songs live? I'm sorry, but what the hell?

Rafa88offspring
06-06-2012, 03:05 AM
I get you, Raptor88. Everytime people brag about meeting the band and things like that I get so down cause I haven't even seen them live.

Been a fan since 94 when "Come out and Play" was breaking out, but I was 6 years old at the time (not kidding in the slightest). Whenever they came to Mexico I was too young to get into the shows (or to travel to Mexico City just for a concert). I wish they'd come out and play Mexico soon.

Rooster
06-06-2012, 03:29 AM
I get you, Raptor88. Everytime people brag about meeting the band and things like that I get so down cause I haven't even seen them live.

Been a fan since 94 when "Come out and Play" was breaking out, but I was 6 years old at the time (not kidding in the slightest). Whenever they came to Mexico I was too young to get into the shows (or to travel to Mexico City just for a concert). I wish they'd come out and play Mexico soon.

That's even longer than me, I'm a fan since around Americana, so I must have been around 10 at the time (the first Offspring album I bought was Co1 though). And i'm sure there are people who have been fans even longer than us, no doubt about that.

It really bugs me because I missed the opportunity when they played in Zagreb, was it september '08 or '09? I had an exam next day so going to the gig was no option, I had to revise for the exam. Had I known beforehand that I'll fail the class that year I'd rather go to the gig in a heartbeat, but since I couldn't have known that I saw no other option than to miss them and hope they'll come around somewhere near again in the future and perhaps on a date that I could attend. So here I am, still waiting for that to happen, if it's ever going to (hoping for the best) :(

Krojd
06-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Exactly guys above me. I've seen them 3 times, will see them for the 4 time and I'd LOVE to meet the band sometime. But I probably wont, it's unfortunate but I am not bitching about it every other day here, I just take it how it is. Some people didnt even see the band in their life! I just cant imagine how they must feel like when someone, who met the band-been at Ignition show at least-been called by the band is crying here about that LR or Beheaded was not played in Long Beach and is like super hurt by the band. I'm getting actually tired of this stuff over here.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 03:56 AM
thank god no one has posted the new dirty magic yet. I really, really don't want to ruin the surprise but if it got leaked or if another new song got recorded, I would.

momo91
06-06-2012, 04:49 AM
First videos from youtube:

We are one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOcroWu9aA&feature=channel&list=UL

Self esteem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdSbxNO4-4&feature=channel&list=UL

All I want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91F6FKC3uUs

Pretty fly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INNoPCl4Pfw&feature=channel&list=UL

The band seems to be really into it. I really hope to see them so great next week in Brusselles too.

jsmak84
06-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Beautiful these videos, especially that of we are one!

thanks

Beheaded
06-06-2012, 04:57 AM
next time just wait 5 mins before you hit reply if you feel jealous/angry. It will help in the long run ;).
Quoted for truth.

Sorry Camilamazed, but this shit goes way too long.
I'm jealous about people who got the chance to go to more then 5 concerts from the Offspring in a year. I'm jealous about people who got the chance to meet the band, again and again and again. But that's the way it is!!!

I'm happy for every fucking youtube-video I get from a show like the first gig in London yesterday (btw. WHERE ARE THE FUCKING YOUTUBE-VIDEOS????).
And believe me, I spend a lot of money (money I don't own sometimes) in the band. But that's no reason they have to play songs for me when I'm on a concert. Are you really wanna be recognized by the band in this board as a jealous crying girl?
I know you are jealous, but like Jesus said (he's Jesus, he can't be wrong): "just wait 5 mins before you hit reply"

So. And now: VIDEOS PLEASE!

Bazza
06-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Surprisingly that was the first Offspring gig I've ever been to, and it was AMAZING! Kind of wish I'd bought a ticket for tonight as well now, but yeah it rocked :)

Oxygene
06-06-2012, 05:11 AM
I do not particularly want to engage this, but I want to post a few facts (even shit I normally wouldn't about personal stuff with the band), because the band and Sarah are getting compeletly unjustly drgaged through the mud, and I want everyone to be able to make up their own mind:
AFAIK:
The Alexs bar Ignition gig was for 200 (?) people
The London ignition gig was for 2000(?) people
The Alexs bar gig had about 100ish hardcore fans and the rest of the guest were friends and family who would be considered average (or even perhaps less than average) fans.
The London gig had 2000 people out of which AT LEAST 75% were hardcore fans - the little girl (!) next to me who was in the front row from when the doors opened until the end was 20 and knew the words to the ignition songs.
For the first time ever I caught a tossed out pick (yes offspringish artwork rafrag) that Dexter threw out, and I gave it to the girl next to me
I gave my VIP pass to Greek Old Fan for his collection - I have no extras, so I have none left.
When the band toasted the crowd, and Dexter gave me his cup of jager I gave it to people standing around me, first and fore most the young girl.

The Lightning Rod request 3 years ago was for Gustavo. Not for myself. I would prefere Half Truism, which was cut at the gig in Croatia. I also made sure Lightning Rod was recorded (I never actually saw a whole bunch of people thank Isti for being selfless enough to not jump around and rock out to LR but to recorded for us all). If anyone watches that video there is evidence in there that I was bugging Dexter to play LR because the BBS kids are on a campaign for Gus.

I DID NOT request a song AT ALL, neither before nor since LR.
I did make an enquiry when I heard about these shows about one very specific song. I asked Dexter is they are considering playing other deep cuts such as this. Not sure what he answered exactly, but that song WAS NOT played.

Has anyone even VAGUELY considered the option, that they played these songs for their BIGGEST HARDCORE FAN AUDIENCE OF ALL OF FUCKING TIME?! Fuck me RonWelty was there (who actually seems like a great guy!) Mike 911 flew in from fucking Canada, GreekOldFan from Cyprus, Tijs, Ala... Jesus.

Also anyone who stands here and throws out accusations about the bands intent: Dexter and the other members actually _FACTUALLY_ know why they play certain songs. They KNOW (hell even I know this) that I didnt request them. You know how stupid you look if you try to explain and convince others otherwise?!

Camilia,

Sarah has been one of the most enduring people in helping the band. Telling her off because she is doing her job is just petty, even if you dont appreciate her style.

If you ever wanna come to a gig with me you are more than welcome (still - although keep this up and that will change), but stop this sensless mindless unjust negative tone please.

You were there for the original ignition show with their friends
You were lucky enough to be offered a ticket from a fellow fan
You got a shout out on stage
How can you be discontent because of a setlist choice elsewhere in the world? Shouldnt you focus on the positive?
The last time I saw the Offspring in London it was a 300 person gig in a place called the Garage. If they were playing favorites why opt for a bigger venue? Hell why have 5 shows in all sorts of cities and none in Budapest? I have told them about this great club venue called A38, its a boat on the Danube, would be perfect, yet no show. If one accepts your premise, that is just not logical.

Also: It is possible to choose gigs wisely in terms of rare songs etc... Like last gigs on tours, smaller venues, repeated nights at the same venue, festivals with a more hardcore/metal edge etc.

All,

Please consider and think about the above.*

Thanks

Looking forward to tonight...

-Oxy

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 05:13 AM
that was rad!!! I standed watching the video with a kid smile on my face!! can't wait for brussels!

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 05:16 AM

I think (almost) everyone here agrees with you here, so no need to feel offended :)

Bazza
06-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Here's my one decent image, I didn't take my camera so this from the crappy camera on my phone.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2llbrch.jpg

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 05:19 AM
That's one of the coolest sights I've ever seen.

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
I think we all are a bit jelous of this show, but can't blame really anyone, it's quite the opposite. I cannot be if not happy that the band throws out this kind of suprises! :D The keep showing how much they care.
As for fights... I think just that shit happens, Camilla is a great member and fan, Little_Miss is a great member, fan and a IdowhatIhaveto moderator :) and Oxy is one of the greatest members here, we all know he helped many here, and I say this without having ever met him. We all try to do something for others (I hope) and when others have great shows like this I'm gelous yes, but still happy!

momo91
06-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Beheaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dKtoU0jAE

Oxygene
06-06-2012, 05:30 AM
I think (almost) everyone here agrees with you here, so no need to feel offended :)

This is about being fair and reasonable

NoGuessing
06-06-2012, 05:35 AM
I have never been to an Offspring show. The last time they were here...I don't even know when it was. So the flamewar over this has me cracking up.

NoGuessing
06-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Beheaded:

Yeesssss thank you:)

Krojd
06-06-2012, 05:42 AM
Cool stuff, Beheaded rocks! I'm just happy the band do this and play such a rad songs. I wasn't in London, not gonna be there today and I feel great for everyone who was or will be. Why to complain about something all the time? Also I heard they've played CC yesterday at rehearsal...anyone?

whitelightning
06-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Here's my one decent image, I didn't take my camera so this from the crappy camera on my phone.

Dude you were right behind me thats my head in your shot. I thought it rocked in london last night, and at the end of the day they played offspring songs, no covers.... all gold! Im just thankful to have been in the atmosphere and able to bounce along,

Defender
06-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Also I heard they've played CC yesterday at rehearsal...anyone?

I talked with Greekoldfan(he was at the show last night) and told me that CC is planned to be played live tonight. He was not sure about that though. He also told me that they will maybe play a song from S/T.

Beheaded
06-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Beheaded rocks!
Thanks dude!:D;):rolleyes:

RonWelty
06-06-2012, 05:54 AM
You're right, I shouldn't have mocked you, and I apologize. But I hope you can understand how completely frustrating it is to deal with incredible negativity even when (or perhaps just whenever) the band does something really cool (or, really, anything. Or nothing). And it's often from the same people. I feel protective of the band because they're great guys and have always been really good to me. They've been really good to all of us. And it makes me want to bash my head into a wall (and often feels like I am) when people willingly refuse to see that. It makes the bitch come out in a big, big way, and it got the better of me this time. I get that you felt frustrated, but i mean, blogs are a good way to vent your frustration that someone who's friends with the band gets to do things that the rest of us don't. But I'm also tired of being nice who shit on me, shit on the band, shit on everyone. And yeah, I have a lot of power when I'm supposed to take shit with a smile.

I've received a lot of warnings from you and I love each one of them ;)

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I've received a lot of warnings from you and I love each one of them ;)

after yesterday you're in a fucking great mood right? :D

Krojd
06-06-2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks dude!:D;):rolleyes:
Sure thing!

RonWelty
06-06-2012, 06:00 AM

after yesterday you're in a fucking great mood right? :D

Best show of my life. After 14 times, it was the Best. I cannot say anything bad about the band. Even Dexter after the show and after the meet and greet with tijs, Oxy and some others took pictures with people waiting for them. It was amazing .
And Oxy is Really a Nice guy.
I'm Really hoping for Mota!

Oxygene
06-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Best show of my life. After 14 times, it was the Best. I cannot say anything bad about the band. Even Dexter after the show and after the meet and greet with tijs, Oxy and some others took pictures with people waiting for them. It was amazing .
And Oxy is Really a Nice guy.
I'm Really hoping for Mota!

I was glad we met. I will try to get something for you tonight... Too bad you didnt have a drink with me :)

The Search Button
06-06-2012, 06:11 AM
What!? They didn's play Why Don't You Get a Job!? How dare they!? Play the OLD stuff!!! I want old Offspring back!!! Sellouts!!! Etc., Etc., Etc.....

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
What!? They didn's play Why Don't You Get a Job!? How dare they!? Play the OLD stuff!!! I want old Offspring back!!! Sellouts!!! Etc., Etc., Etc.....

huahauhua that was fun!

Dirty Magic
06-06-2012, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45aDS8_afOA - Pretty Fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOcroWu9aA&feature=relmfu - We Are One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dKtoU0jAE&feature=relmfu - Beheaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdSbxNO4-4&feature=relmfu - Self Esteem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUIrPjiCp0A - YGGFK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOSgJaSG7Eg - COAP

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 07:26 AM
I canít win. I expressed my opinion about Cruisiní California and got bullshit from one; expressed my opinion about the show and get bullshit from the other Ė and on top of that get bashed from everybody else, including an idiot who doesnít even have 50 posts. All of this couldíve easily been avoided if my opinions were simply ignored. They are negative yes, but as it has been pointed out it is MY problem and I am the one who has to get over it. But no, instead I get moral lessons.

And no and donít come to the boards to cry and whine every day, but when I do this is what I get.

Although you all might think this is not the case, the reason behind my anger is being told off for my opinion, the second time in a row in 8 years here. Moreover, being told over and over again that the band is cool and shouldnít take bullshit and bla bla bla. So, itís not enough telling me off, but then I get mocked by someone who is supposed to be the damn example.

So Oxygene, before saying I am ďdragging Sarah through the mudĒ, get your facts straight first. The same thing happened earlier; You go medieval on me, I reply, get shit from moderator for being mad, and later get apologies from everybody. Same thing here; Sarah sets the stage, mocks and now she is the knight-ess in shining armor fighting to keep the band from taking ďshitĒ. Oh, and she apologizes which makes me the bad guy. And damn, canít I ever be wrong without being bashed? I said it couldnít be just coincidence; ok Iím wrong. But again, I donít need to have the moderator tell me she is tired of being nice to people who shits the band. Iíve always been nice around here to everybody including the douchbags and the two times I get a hard time, it comes from you who have known me I should say and from the moderator whom Iíve always respected; and used to admire.

Sarah has been one of the most enduring people in helping the band. Telling her off because she is doing her job is just petty, even if you dont appreciate her style.

Oh she is? Does that give her the right to be on top of everybody talking as if she is the only one right about everything? Doe that give her the right of choosing who can post what? Because I haven't read that anywhere. I have always respected rules and mods around here, but getting bullshit twice - one from the friend, the other for the working hard moderator - this year is just too much. But oh well, what am I? Definitely not the one of the "most enduring people in helping the band".

So, note to myself: When the new cd comes out, if your opinion is positive share to please those who support the band. If it's negative shove it up your ass.

This is about being fair and reasonable

Yeah. Let's all be fair and reasonable. Moderator can step on members that are not part of her social network. If you are not a friend you can't have your damn opinion.

If only people would consider my opinion, and reply a such like Jesus, the opinion would change as well as it did when it comes to Cruisin California. The person who talked to me about the song understood my frustration instead of bashing my thoughts, this person simply talked to me and showed me how to look at it. And this person is the least person to show off around here.

There Sarah! Happy now?!

OffspringDude
06-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Guys, does anyone know what the HB-Charged means on the Offspring t-shirts they were selling at the gig last night??? :confused:

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
My guess is that HB stands for Huntington Beach. I was having this conversation with my girlfriend who ended up buying one of the pink ones.

samseby
06-06-2012, 07:56 AM

Yup!

NEW dirty magic rocks.

Still no vid? I'm really, really disappointed :(;)

Other than that still fact and pretty sad that some people need to show off whenever they get a chance to ("well connected" ones that is) ... sucks. There are people here who just wanna have fun :p

-Ignition-
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm also assuming it stands for Huntington Beach. I bought the black one!

And yes, it was the best show EVER!!

Here are the only two pictures I've got, not very exciting but at least it's something until more videos and pictures are coming.

http://i.imgur.com/hjpnH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y6VMg.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Seriously how many hours has it been? Someone's got to have gotten video of Lightning Rod, or really it'd be rad if someone posted "Forever and a Day" for a girl.

Camila, I feel like I repeat myself constantly about this, but criticisms of thee band are welcome so long as it's constructive. Flaming them for having a friend here is not constructive. There are songs on the new album that I love, and songs I really don't like. But I'm happy to defend their right to make songs I don't like, because what they do is not about me. I might post something about the songs I don't like when the album comes out, bit probs not because, well, I'm a moderator. I'm not sure how else to explain the difference between constructive criticism and just taking a giant shit on the band

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Camilla, people overreact to overreaction unfortunately. Anybody who knows how long you've been around knows that you're not here to bash the band.
At the same time, a lot of cool things are happening, and nothing like this ever happened before, but it seems whatever effort the band does there's someone unhappy in a baaad way, so it's normal for people getting sick of complaints.
I'm not referring to you now, but I wonder if this kind of beheaviour wouldn't let the band give us less importance, they are close to us as never, and it would be a pity if we waste all of this.

This said. there always be fights for opinions, but as long as you can post yours there's nothing wrong. I'm sure there will be tons of this after the release...

tylercosgrove1989
06-06-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm just happy to have been able to see them 4 times and hopefully much more in the future. The set list isn't really that important to me, they sound too awesome live to worry about that. Thats how I feel anyway.

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Seriously how many hours has it been? Someone's got to have gotten video of Lightning Rod, or really it'd be rad if someone posted "Forever and a Day" for a girl.

Greekoldfan said he has LR and will upload as he gets home :)

-Ignition-
06-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe people hasn't come home yet so they can't upload videos:D Since almost everyone seemed to be speaking different European languages, they either stayed in London for both shows, or they're one their way home right now.. I came home to Sweden just a couple hours ago. I also hope there will be more videos...

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm trying to clean up some of my recordings at the moment, but it's taking aaaages. Slow laptop!

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I've been hearing about the constructive criticism bla bla bla bullshit, and yet so far nobody point out when I had an extreme bad criticism or when I said something to depreciate the band other than expressing my personal problem with favorites.

I'll just shut up if what you don't understand is that I'm pissed at the fact that I'm being picked on by those two of those who will always be seen as the righteous ones. So once again, I'll just shove my tail between my legs, excuse myself and go back to my insignificance.

Oxygene
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
I canít win.
Yeah... Not when you are in the wrong usually no..
Two things:
Sarah made an ironic musing not even directed at you, but more generally the whining that can go on here, YOU took it upon yourself and went out of line. She didnt tell you to go fuck yourself or anything of the sort. She was right in doing what she did and it was graceful of her to apologize when you found it hurtful. And I am glad she did. You did no such thing when you were hurtful.

My response was every bit as courteous as Jesus' the only difference is I pointed out why you are wrong. You spew this negativity and this useless and pointless envy at me and your frustration with the band all over here and facebook, yet you are so sensitive when others dont like what you have to say. Yet somehow its your prerogative for some reason to critisize the bands actions and opinions, but others arent allowed to critisize your actions and opinions because of some sort of psychological misplaced hardon you have for them? That's a double standard. Thats unfair.

OffspringDude
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Haha, you took nearly the same picture as me outside heres a few, nothing special but they are pics!!

http://i.imgur.com/aG9Zv.png
http://i.imgur.com/FdTgU.png
http://i.imgur.com/TvAlA.png
http://i.imgur.com/Dr013.png

OffspringDude
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wcPts.png
http://i.imgur.com/5aWkI.png
http://i.imgur.com/RNxi6.png
http://i.imgur.com/bjLyr.png

OffspringDude
06-06-2012, 08:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qFUiC.png
http://i.imgur.com/pOV9y.png

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I really must be retarded. Why did I go and mess with the two? Should've gotten the damp they took on me and swallowed with a smile on my face without saying anything.

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 09:04 AM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/T0M_W00DY/IMG_1803.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/T0M_W00DY/IMG_1796.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/T0M_W00DY/IMG_1828.jpg

Dirty Magic
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_RDrWOUY94

Here's someone who claims to have shot the entire show in HD, and provided an e-mail address with more information on obtaining it. Anyone going to try and get it?

tylercosgrove1989
06-06-2012, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_RDrWOUY94

Here's someone who claims to have shot the entire show in HD, and provided an e-mail address with more information on obtaining it. Anyone going to try and get it?

I sent an email. Can't hurt.

TeddyBear_Army
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah... Not when you are in the wrong usually no..
Two things:
Sarah made an ironic musing not even directed at you, but more generally the whining that can go on here, YOU took it upon yourself and went out of line. She didnt tell you to go fuck yourself or anything of the sort. She was right in doing what she did and it was graceful of her to apologize when you found it hurtful. And I am glad she did. You did no such thing when you were hurtful.

My response was every bit as courteous as Jesus' the only difference is I pointed out why you are wrong. You spew this negativity and this useless and pointless envy at me and your frustration with the band all over here and facebook, yet you are so sensitive when others dont like what you have to say. Yet somehow its your prerogative for some reason to critisize the bands actions and opinions, but others arent allowed to critisize your actions and opinions because of some sort of psychological misplaced hardon you have for them? That's a double standard. Thats unfair.

guys, guys, guys: all your anger, all your hurt doesn't matter in the end. Those days go by, and we all start again!

wise words, huh? i wonder who said them?

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, my laptop has finally rendered the video; now, uploading to YouTube. 37% so far! I've chosen a little known song as my first upload, not sure if you guys have heard of it. Goes by the title of Dirty Magic??

TeddyBear_Army
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Well, my laptop has finally rendered the video; now, uploading to YouTube. 37% so far! I've chosen a little known song as my first upload, not sure if you guys have heard of it. Goes by the title of Dirty Magic??

fucken do eeeeeet!

Krojd
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Oh man, I would like to resist and not watch it. Thats going to be one tough fight :(

PetePirata
06-06-2012, 10:01 AM

I sent an email too

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
How did so many of you get awesome photos of the show? Whenever I try shooting from the crowd, everyone on the stage looks teeny and it just sucks.

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
My gift to the offspring community. Not the best audio quality in the world, but at least it gives everyone a chance to hear it. Just for the sake of making it obvious again to those who don't want to listen, the video is Dirty Magic.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-p_zSOVLpc&feature=youtu.be)

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
How did so many of you get awesome photos of the show? Whenever I try shooting from the crowd, everyone on the stage looks teeny and it just sucks.

Mine are from my iPhone, using an app that lets you choose the exposure point. This really helps to combat the lights! Being in the seated area also has its advantages.

SeanAshmore
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Tom thanks very much for uploading the video! :)

I'm confused though, why all the "new dirty magic is awesome" type comments? It's the same as it's always been or am I missing something?

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
It sounded quite heavy, but I'll be honest, I think it's still the same. Seeing as it was an Ignition gig, I figure they played the regular version.

effreyj
06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
The difference between the two versions is probably the recording quality and studio effects. It's going to be the same song live...

KTILLA23
06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm confused though, why all the "new dirty magic is awesome" type comments? It's the same as it's always been or am I missing something?

I was just thinking this.

Krojd
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree, I don't hear anything new at all too. Has to be the Ignition version or old and new are the same.

the hitcher
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
thanks for the video: pete's druming is different for the song
it sounds great.

hshduppsnt
06-06-2012, 11:19 AM

tell me about it. being short makes it that much worse my pictures are usually just the back of people's heads or some weird shot because i've tried to reach up and over everyone.

Also holy hell that's an awesome setlist

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 11:25 AM
thanks for the video: pete's druming is different for the song
it sounds great.

You're very much welcome.

samseby
06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree, I don't hear anything new at all too. Has to be the Ignition version or old and new are the same.

Same here :p

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
They're playing it in standard tuning, that's weird, they've been playing it half a step down since, ever. I like it. I can't really hear much of a difference either though, apart from the different drums and maybe that the guitars in the chorus aren't distorted but I'm not sure about that. I really hope I didn't just listen to the "new" Dirty Magic and ruin all the fun for me.

hshduppsnt
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
One of these years I will actually consider flying to Europe for a show just because I could (assuming at some point I am in a position where I actually can).

Anyway in the mean time I will continue to rest of my fingers for the next KROQ contest for pit tickets and backstage passes next year ;)...

I'm still holding out hope for a pro-shot dvd from that long beach show...

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
It sounded quite heavy, but I'll be honest, I think it's still the same. Seeing as it was an Ignition gig, I figure they played the regular version.

The difference between the two versions is probably the recording quality and studio effects. It's going to be the same song live...

When they did the rehearsal party thing, there was a little side-discussion between Dexter and Noodles whether to play the old version or the new version, and they ended up playing the new one. It has some vocal harmonies and sounds a fair bit bigger and heavier - it's basically the old version with a little more balls, I guess. So if there are no harmonies (and uuuugh I can't watch the videos while I'm at work), then it was probz the old one.

killboybowerhead
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
yea if the new version is new than this isn't it.

Lord_Gabo
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM

Camilamazed... I Really think that you need a "Strong Boy" that satisfy you.
You're so strange:
When Cruising California come out you throw shit on the band for at least 50 pages ..but..after the entering (with a kick on your ass) @alex bar (only for few people) you totally change your Idea. Why you are so Jealouse? Don't you think that all of us here are a little special for this or those things about offspring?
Maybe you're not on thirty but on the thirteen years old.

ok..sorry littlemiss I know

Krojd
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh yea the drums are different, I can literally see it now. Cant tell if I like it or not, it adds more action to the song... lots od "double snare" there (before chorus, 1:20...) Naah I guess I will be always old Dirty Magic guy :)

mrXniick
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
You're so strange:
When Cruising California come out you throw shit on the band for at least 50 pages ..but..after the entering (with a kick on your ass) @alex bar (only for few people) you totally change your Idea. Why you are so Jealouse? Don't you think that all of us here are a little special for this or those things about offspring?
Maybe you're not on thirty but on the thirteen years old.

ok..sorry littlemiss I know

I have to agree. I can't believe how immature and ungrateful Camilamazed is being. I didn't even get to attend the Alex's Bar Show... am I jealous of those who went? Absolutely. Am I angry or do i feel like the band betrayed me and that they somehow owe me something? Absolutely not. I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from... at all.

You went to a great club show, got a shout out from the band... and are still complaining. That is absolutely unbelievable to me.

sneedo83
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
It's unfortunate this thread about this great show was tainted by the bickering, ladies, I just got a message about a new feature being unveiled here, it's called a Private Messaging System, use it.

This show is amazing, I too am pissed that I will never get to see such a brilliant setlist.

Forever and a Day needs to come out NOW!

Tom_Woodcock
06-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I have that too, but there's someone "singing" over parts of it.

-Ignition-
06-06-2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_m5rntnPU

Days go by!

killboybowerhead
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I really think Pete has helped this band out live. He is very tasteful with his playing.

Degstur Lolland
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Drums seem a bit different. Let's wait for 1565 to confirm/refute it.

killboybowerhead
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
yea true on the drums.. The song never got old for me so I wouldn't mind if its the same.

SeanAshmore
06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Of course the drums are different, it's a different drummer playing the song. Plus its in 4/4 so there's lots of room for playing around, adding in little fills or beats that weren't in the original etc. The drums would be different whether it was the original or the new version. The differences will be in the melody, i.e as littlemiss said extra harmonies.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure the drums are a good way to determine whether or not it's the new version. I mean, it's a different drummer playing now, and stuff can be different live than recorded. The main difference I heard at that party was the harmonies and the overall 'feeling' - but again, that was live, so it's still not an easy call to make.

_Lost_
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM

just as a side note, with my point and shoot sony, i zoom all the way in and leave the flash on, but tape over it so that the shutter speed is still fast, that way they aren't so blurry and then you don't get bright white hands in the foreground. I've gotten some really great pictures at shows that way. The other thing I do is go back and trim them on the computer. Cameras are so high resolution now that you can do that extensively without it being too noticeable. Try cropping them to more ideal framing and see what happens.

as seen here (http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/lost_nvrfound/The%20Offspring%20Charlotte%20NC%20July%2014/)

Camilamazed
06-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Should I thank you for being polite?

When Cruising California come out you throw shit on the band for at least 50 pages ..but..after the entering (with a kick on your ass) @alex bar (only for few people) you totally change your Idea.

No, I've never changed my mind. To prove your point I dare you go all through my posts and you will find that I've said what I think about these things before. One of the reasons I despise Billie Joe today and don't care about green day as much as I did is because of his attitudes towards fans. And yes, I was mad at that thread because somebody used the argument of being "friends with the band" when all I did was say I wasn't happy with CC. So, again, before coming at me like this get your facts straight. GO read the whole damn thing.

I don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from... at all

The only thing I wanted the whole time is to be able to say what I think like everyone else here. If I am not entitled to that without being picked on my the friend or the nice person who works hard to help the band, well fuck me then.

You went to a great club show, got a shout out from the band... and are still complaining. That is absolutely unbelievable to me.

You people talk about the shout out as if I was the one who arranged it. So much so that the person who works hard to help the band thought I was telling a lie. Again, what I am complaining about is the fact that the friend and the hard worker set the stage, I act the drama and now they are both laughing at me because now people are humiliating me and saying things such as I need a dick to calm down.

Now, go and search and find any posts on my behalf offending members here other than trying to defend myself from abuse of power and influence.

But I'll take it like a man so Oxygene and Sarah may preserve their impecable reputation even though they started the whole damn thing.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Point of order: I didn't ask you if it was real because I thought you were lying, I asked you because I couldn't tell if you were joking and I didn't want to get all excited for you just to be told "um i was joking wtf". And I feel like talking about this any more is just going to be an exercise in futility, and I think the other posters have made it pretty obvious that they're sick of hearing about it.

cool 2 hate 681
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM

let us know what he says:)

Beheaded:

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
let us know what he says:)

The band's web guy got some footage -- i mean, since they did that teaser clip thing from the Alex's Bar show. I hope we get to see more of it. Though the video from that show wouldn't include "Lightning Rod." Maybe he's out with them right now for the Ignition shows in Europe?

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-06-2012, 02:29 PM
The band's web guy got some footage -- i mean, since they did that teaser clip thing from the Alex's Bar show. I hope we get to see more of it.

that's great to know, i really liked that teaser from alex's bar ^^ they gotta make a DvD after all this shows not just the alex's bar one.

no_hero,no_saviour
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
There was definitely a camera behind pete.

Mark Rooster
06-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Camila, is your profile info correct? Are you really 32 years old and spend this much time whining and nitpicking about a mainstream band you seem to have mistaken for personal friends of yours? Jesus Christ, get a job or something.

_Lost_
06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Camilla, I just don't understand why you are so upset with the band over Lightening Rod. Disappointment is understandable or jealousy, but I mean... anger? I would think that your reaction to them playing it would be "SWEET! Maybe they will play it the next time they make their rounds in the States!" much like Gustavo's reaction to it. I watched for years as they toured North America and never came to North Carolina and I never got angry about it. I highly doubt it had anything to do with whether or not Oxy was at the show. Maybe they just get what they feel is a better vibe for that song there. Your fanaticism for the band is well known around here (and clearly by The Offspring themselves). I'm just perplexed by all this negativity from you over this. Cruisin' California is annoying. A lot of people don't like it. There is always going to be someone jumping down your throat for voicing that opinion. That's how it goes. 1565 is just trying to keep the hostility to a minimum around here. I like it when you don't know what they are gonna play where. It like the concert lottery. I would give my left ear to hear them play Defy You or End of the Line live, but I'm not gonna be angry if they don't feel its a good fit for the show I'm at, but it is for the one that Sarah is at. Just like what they play in Japan is different than what they play in the states... I just don't think anger is the best way to respond. They see us on these boards and they see the negative reactions they get about this or that from long time members, and you know that discourages them from trying new things at some of the shows 'lest they piss off a bunch of people elsewhere.

Greekoldfan
06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
ok boys and girls..just got back home in cyprus after 14 hours trip... It was the best show ever for me.great venue,great setlist,great perfomance (even when pete and noodles messed up with nothing from something :P) my policy is to write only about the band, but i have to say that if the band supposed to play l.r only when oxy is on their shows then there sould be about 300 live perfomances of that song (maybe more)
I was in the front row in front of dexter and i have recorded full versions of take it like a man,beheaded, lightning rod and almost full version of hypodermic.I also have a lot of great pics.I'll upload the videos tonight or tomorrow because i'm almost dead right now and i have to go to work in a few hours.
I want to tell a huge THANK YOU to Tijs,Ala, Oxy and the band because i can answer the question what was the best night of your life? and of course the answer is 05.06.2012 I will always be grateful to all of you.you are such a great guys and company thank you after being a fan of the band for almost 18 years to live that night

ps: Tijs will always remember my on ebay answer to Dexter when he asked me something else and then he started making fun of me . I can't also move my neck right now after yesterday's headbanging

ps2:new dirty magic is the version that they palyed in alex's bar.some differences on the drum parts that I mentioned

sneedo83
06-06-2012, 02:44 PM
that's great to know, i really liked that teaser from alex's bar ^^ they gotta make a DvD after all this shows not just the alex's bar one.

I doubt they'd have filmed it just to release a 4 minute youtube video all the while doing vocal overdubs, it'll be released in one way or another I'm sure (hope).

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Camila, is your profile info correct? Are you really 32 years old and spend this much time whining and nitpicking about a mainstream band you seem to have mistaken for personal friends of yours? Jesus Christ, get a job or something.

you're here from 2006....30 posts...you can do better then come here and attack other people...especially if this is going over and over.
I disagree with her, but your post is lame.

DMelges
06-06-2012, 02:52 PM
What the hell is going on?

KTILLA23
06-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Days go by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_m5rntnPU

Krojd
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
What the hell is going on?

Dont know, but they could stop it already. Or make it private at least.

martin_theoffspring
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
where the hell are the moderators? end this shit!

all of you guys seem kids of 5 years discussing thing without sense

is regrettable enter the forum and find all this

stop with this shit. and leave comment about offspring. please.

there's another Pretty fly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN4lxWsi7DM

cool 2 hate 681
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
The band's web guy got some footage -- i mean, since they did that teaser clip thing from the Alex's Bar show. I hope we get to see more of it. Though the video from that show wouldn't include "Lightning Rod." Maybe he's out with them right now for the Ignition shows in Europe?

i have a feeling they probably won't do that but i hope they do

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 03:12 PM

We've seen a lot of (I think very positive, or at least refreshingly interesting, like the new skull) change around the guys lately, maybe we'll get to see a live DVD compiled from all the Ignition club shows, kinda like Metallica's Live Shit DVD. That would be sick, and it would only make sense to make their first concert DVD about these very special shows.

Supa
06-06-2012, 03:15 PM
AWESOME set list! Best I've ever seen, honestly.

PLAY HUCK IT CAMPAIGN! We've seen Lightning Rod, I want to hear more awesome songs they've never played live (and I hope they keep LR in the set for more shows, not just one every few years).

offs55
06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Camila, your are crazy!

alias, eu estava certo sobre aquela traduÁ„o de Come out and play, lembra? hahahahahaha

Pay The Man
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted on here since like 08 or something but just wanted to echo everyone else's thoughts on the gig. It was absolutely fantastic!

To hear the whole of Ignition (even though Noodles completely forgot to play Nothing from Something!) is something I'll always remember. The crowd were really up for it and were far more into it than at any Offspring concert I've ever been to.

Dirty Magic - I thought it sounded very similar (if not identical) to the original so will be very interested to hear what the "new" version is like on the album.

The Future is Now and Days go By were both absolutely incredible live, and I cannot wait to hear the studio version of the former.

I could be totally wrong but they did have a considerable break between the end of Ignition and the other songs so I'm not sure if they adjusted to the crowd's mood and played "different" stuff like Beheaded, Lightning Rod, etc. I don't know how these things work so I could be totally wrong! Hopefully they'll continue to mix it up in the upcoming shows!

Either way, a big thanks to the Offspring and the crowd for making it an extra special night! Worth getting absolutely soaked in the rain anytime! Bring on the new album, and hopefully a new tour!

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Awesome recap. :)

So um I just saw on Twitter that they just played Elders? I'm sure we're not going to hear from anyone there right now considering anyone from the forum who's there right now is probably shitting their pants, but someone please confirm or deny!

Dexter_italy
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM

So um I just saw on Twitter that they just played Elders? I'm sure we're not going to hear from anyone there right now considering anyone from the forum who's there right now is probably shitting their pants, but someone please confirm or deny!

oh my god elders!! I wish I could go back in time and buy tickets for london...but I still wouldn't have the money..
it's been some years now that I'd like to ask Dexter what would be for him to play that song now that he is a bit elder, to give some thoughts about it :)

Puschka
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Elders!!! I can't believe it :eek:! That's awesomee!!! The Offspring you are the best :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
And now, it cracks me up with laughter to say I just saw on Twitter that now it's "Mota."

So I guess we're down to which show, tonight or last night, is really the best show ever. I was never really much of a fan of "Mota," as I prefer my songs about smoking weed to be by Municipal Waste (sorry, bro-brahs, much love) but I LOVE that they're playing it right now, especially after last night's discussion.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Holy shit, that's just I was thinking, that Beheaded is one of my favorites from S/T, now if only they played my other favorite, Elders, my life would be just about complete (I would never even dare dream about meeting them), but naaaah, I'm just kidding myself, they would never play that one. Wooohooo!

nico33
06-06-2012, 03:40 PM
awesome videos...pete totally rocks live!!!

KTILLA23
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Holy Elders!! :eek: I hope somebody is recording the show right now.

Greekoldfan
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I forgot to say that yesterday during the rehearsals before the show they did elders,cr. california, l. rod and beheaded

TheNooseIsFalling
06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
cr. california

I don't know if I'm gonna get shit for getting excited about this one when they're playing all these songs but yeah, finally!! I hope it's not just a one time thing

the hitcher
06-06-2012, 03:49 PM
is it yesterday or tonights gig thats gonna be the best,
ether way there both going down in history:)

KTILLA23
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
So um I just saw on Twitter that they just played Elders?

Where did you see this at?

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Where did you see this at?

Oxy's Twitter

KTILLA23
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Oxy's Twitter

Ok thanks!

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
So if it ends up being LIES we can yell at Oxy ;)

Krojd
06-06-2012, 03:59 PM
...considering anyone from the forum who's there right now is probably shitting their pants

Not just who's there.

Edit: I so hope they have surprises left for the rest of the Ignition shows.

Manic subsidal
06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I have a good feeling they're going to play blackball for one of these shows.

chriiis
06-06-2012, 04:52 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AuvSucaCAAQZhcZ.jpg

PetePirata
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM

mota and elders??????????????????????????//

OMFG

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Duuuuuuuuude

Krojd
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I've got nothing to say, maybe I could actually shit myself, wash it up and go to bed.

GamerKT
06-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Crappy? Your phone is HD as fuck.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Bazza WTF phone do you have?!

Blackball_
06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
that was great. elders. great surprise! mota too.

dff_punk
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Holy crap, Elders live??? That is maybe my most favorite song on the record, and I never even dreamed that it would be ever played(allright I kid, I fantasized a bit about it some time ago)! Now only Blackball left and my life is complete. Haha, I feel like a teenager again. I so fucking hope someone recorded it.

GamerKT
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
guys, guys, guys: all your anger, all your hurt doesn't matter in the end. Those days go by, and we all start again!

wise words, huh? i wonder who said them?

Hahah, that was the most perfect and appropriate response I've ever seen.

cool 2 hate 681
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
i heard they played elders at warped tour 2005 in pomona but i was not there so i don't know

DMelges
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM

The future is now standard? Does that mean their are two versions? Dirty magic as well

Chainsaw
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
The future is now standard? Does that mean their are two versions of the dirty magic as well

Might mean standard tuning.

Holy hell, wish I could go to one of these shows.

KyleW
06-06-2012, 05:29 PM
So if last night was amazing then I don't think there is an adjective to describe tonight, a whole new level of Offspring experience. Mota, Elders and Dirty Magic just speaks for itself (for those interested I have front row center videos of all three in high quality that I will upload either tonight or tomorrow, be patient).

I got a bunch of amazing pictures which I'll put up and to top it all off at the end a Roadie comes up to me and says 'I'm giving this to you because you sang every song' and hands me a pick with Greg K-ish artwork on it. I can go curl up and die happy now!

Heres a sneak peek at some of my pictures.

http://i.imgur.com/2qb3d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u0GEg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hfjEC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uF2zX.jpg

As promised I'll link to the videos as soon as I can get them up, they're great!! Big text!

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I got a bunch of amazing pictures which I'll put up and to top it all off at the end a Roadie comes up to me and says 'I'm giving this to you because you sang every song' and hands me a pick with Greg K-ish artwork on it. I can go curl up and die happy now!

That's AWESOME. Looking forward to those videos :)

NoGuessing
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
This is amazing. Really didn't expect them to bust out Elders. I thought I'll Be Waiting would be the next S/T track on the list if they played one.

Mad Tiger
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
YEEEESSSSSS!!!! Thank you! =D

Chestbrah
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
LOL no way u can`t tell you have elders and mota recorded live and then tell us to wait.. thats just nasty!

GamerKT
06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I hate all of you, haha.

DMelges
06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
One thing I dont understand, maybe because I've forgotten a few of the posts in other pages. Why is this show so awesome? Why the special setlist?

Krojd
06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Yea! The situation on the BBS is too much calm at the moment, so now I will start blaming all of you and the band for me not being there and stuff! :D

One thing I dont understand, maybe because I've forgotten a few of the posts in other pages. Why is this show so awesome? Why the special setlist?

I think it's because they know they're playing for hardcore fans so they can pull some aces out of the sleeve.

KyleW
06-06-2012, 05:51 PM
LOL no way u can`t tell you have elders and mota recorded live and then tell us to wait.. thats just nasty!

Sorry man but hotel wifi is expensive and I only have an hour. I'll put them up as soon as possible when I get home tomorrow.

Britpunk
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Just got back. Elders was fucking amazing. Mota was great fun. Ignition was even better than last night. I gotta say thanks to Tijs and Oxy, and of course the entire band and crew for making these two of the best nights I've had in my life.

Also gotta say to Mike911, Istvan, RonWelty, Arnold161, Dana, EmmyLou, GreekOldFan, TheRealPotomek (sp?), and anybody else I may have forgotten (sorry) it was great to meet all of you and I hope you all have a safe journey back to the far flung corners of the globe that you have come from. We should totally do it again soon.

Now I gotta sleep :D

Mark Rooster
06-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Damn, I hope they include some of this stuff from the first two albums when they do their US tour. What an awesome setlist!

Gustavo
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Camila is a very dear friend of mine, known her for quite some time, and Oxy is also a very good friend, Sarah, well, I haven't interacted much with her, really, but I also have no problem with her whatsoever. I hope they don't get mad at me for what I'm about to say, and I hope I get to keep both friends.

Before I had access to this place and the brazilian community which I'm a part of, I had two friends that I knew personally who were into The Offspring, and upon meeting them I was like "Wow! You like 'em? They're my favorite band ever!" and it was nice to talk to them because it wasn't either to have conversations about The Offspring without them being bored about it. This number of friends that I know personally has now grown to three, I think. When I found this place, first thing I thought was "Wow! Some place else and more people for me talk about The Offspring with without them being bored about it!", and so I joined the community, I would come here from now and then and write some posts with my horrible English in an old account that I don't even remember the username for, but I officially joined here September 2007, almost 5 years now, and I'm glad I did, because since then, I have made a lot of friends here, like: Oxy, Randy, Tijs, Vredina, Blitz!, _Lost_, ad8, Bea, RonWelty, Cool 2 Hate and many others. I knew Camila from before I joined this place but she's also on the list. And I have come to know them a lot and it's like they're not just my internet friends, they are my friends, people I really would love to hang out with personally someday. A lot of things have changed in my life since I joined here: made more "real friends", got a girlfriend, moved to two different cities, got a(some) job(s), and now I'm busier, so that means I don't have that much time to come here and talk about the band or talk to said friends online all day. But I think of them very dearly up to this day and I love to talk to them when I get a chance.

When I started the Lightning Rod campain back in 2008, it was because it was my favorite song off of Splinter and they had played it before and it seemed like it was a favorite here as well, and since they had played it before, it seemed like it was slightly likely that they might play it, even though personally that's not my favorite song, some of you know that my favorite song, in fact, is The End Of The Line -- but that's not important, anyway... Since the band wasn't checking Twitter and Facebook at the time, I thought that the best way to get some attention was either through here and theoffspringsite.com/theoffspring.com.br and also through people who would tell them about it, I was hoping they would play it in South America, but if that didn't happen, elsewhere would be fine. And when they played in Zagreb I could not believe it, that my crazy idea finally worked and that the BBS Kids got a shoutout, man, did I thrive that day. I'm really grateful for everyone that sent in pictures and that posted on the boards or elsewhere and that told the band about it, specially Oxygene. And also, I'm very, very, very greateful that Isti recorded it, so, thank you one more time to all of you. And when they played it yesterday it was also unbelievable, I know this may not be related at all, but I like to think that our little campaign had its part in this song being played yesterday and that makes me very happy. :)

People were talking about making other campaigns like for A Lot Like Me, The End Of The Line, Amazed or whatever, I know that The Offspring aren't juke boxes and that they do have a +100 catalogue and it's hard for them to choose songs, it's hard, well, actually, impossible to please everyone and that is a fact. But we could try, for sure. I think a "A Lot Like Me" campaign might work as they have played that song before, even though that's not my favorite. But if people here don't get along, the likeability that this song might get played gets lower and lower, I think we all should just chill the fuck out, no matter who started it. I think we all should get along, I really wish it would be like this around here. We speak different languages, go to different places, but we all have one thing in common (with the expection of the spam bots, maybe): we all like The Offspring, and that itself is quite awesome and that's also enough reason to unite us. I see these BBS Meets and sometimes I think that they are as awesome as a meet and greet with the band, even though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them, and that I haven't had the privilege of attending a BBS Meet either. Still hope that happens one day, though. I actually made a One Fine Day parody a couple of days ago about it. lol

But anyway, Lightning Rod being played is so freaking awesome, and Beheaded, too. Man, I'm not sure which song I would've gone "nutser", and now freaking Elders and Mota! I got to hear Mota the one time I saw the band and that's the song I remember the most from the night, yelling out loud for everyone to hear "MOTA! MOTA! OH MY FREAKING GOD!", and people would just stare at me and think "What a weirdo", but that's a nice memory anyway. I'm really curious about a live debut of Cruising California, really want to know what it sounds like!

I think it's pretty cool that the band is changing the set-lists and adding these surprises. Good work, Greg K. and The Offspring! Keep 'em surprises coming. :)

So many good news with the band, I'm really happy with the surprises in 2012. I think we should record a new BBS Podcast soon to talk about them!

And also, GreekOldFan, you recorded Lightning Rod AND Forever And A Day? So, my favorite Splinter song and my favorite Ignition song? You're my hero! Please upload them as soon as you can, thank you very much in advance. :)

This is seriously fucked up.