PDA

View Full Version : Type O Negative

Eskimo
06-06-2012, 04:42 AM
I found a few threads mentioning them within a broader topic, but no dedicated thread showed up in the search.

Everyone seems to focus on Pete's death, and the usual spike in popularity that seems to happen with things like that afterwards. But they were seriously a great band.

Any fans? Favorite albums, periods of the band etc?

Carnivore were rad too, though obviously completely different.

Really, really miss these guys. Metal, but not in the usual sense, melodic as all hell.

Britpunk
06-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Whoa a dedicated thread!

ToN are my third favorite band (behind AFI/Offspring. Loved them since hearing My Girlfriend's Girlfriend back in '96. Fave song: Wolf Moon fave albums: October Rust, Life is Killing Me, Bloody Kisses.

I used to hang out on the ToN forum quite a bit, but then my job started taking up too much of my time. it no longer is so perhaps I should go back....

I miss Pete

holland25
06-09-2012, 06:44 AM
I know you're fucking someone eeeeeelse (he knows you're fucking someone eeeeeeelse).

Eskimo
06-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Jesus, a few nights ago it was pouring rain and I was drunk and decided to just sit and listen to October Rust start to end.

It's such an atmospheric, creepy piece of awesome. Their stuff after 1996 is cool cool, but they got a little heavier and less with the spooky.

findout5
06-22-2012, 06:44 AM
I like some of their stuff before October Rust too...like Summer Breeze (the long version) and Black Number 1, etc...

Britpunk
06-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Yup. October Rust is a thing of pure awesome.

Only got to see them once, but goddamn it was fantastic.

Eskimo
06-24-2012, 01:02 AM
I've liked 'em since like '96 as a little mini-metalhead dude (maybe '95 I guess, I think I first heard them on the Mortal Kombat flick soundtrack maybe), but never got a chance to see them live. Hear they put on a hell of a show though.