PDA

View Full Version : Moderate This too

DarrellOCguy
06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Why the hell cant we talk about anything negative?? seriously?

Little_Miss_1565
06-07-2012, 05:20 PM
There's a big gulf between saying you don't like something the band has done, which is totally fine, and saying they lack any sort of artistic or creative integrity, which is not fine, which got your thread closed.

Manic subsidal
06-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I just read Darrell's thread and thought it was actually a really interesting thing to talk about. His thread was a little harsh, but he didn't come across to me as this "I'm just here to say offspring suck" type of person. I feel that he was right on it with noting how Offspring's music has changed maybe because Dexter is focusing on more "hit song" material. It's a lot different when you see how Smash and even Americana were written without any huge expectations.

But yeah, it's probably better to have this conversation somewhere else. Even if the moderation wasn't strict, the negative threads won't work out here. This new young fan base will tear you apart :P

Little_Miss_1565
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
It's all in how you word it.

Americana had some pretty serious expectations of success around it, FYI.

Defender
06-08-2012, 02:08 AM
I am with LM1565 on this. For someone non-Offspring fan this thread looks like a defamation and not an opinion-thread. The change of their style has come into their present style gradually,step to step,year by year and that keeps them still active. It's positive for us.

By the way...Little Miss, I noticed that Camila's account doesn't exist anymore after your last argument about the Ignition show. Her facebook account doesn't exist,too. She is really annoyed.

Tijs
06-08-2012, 05:57 AM
I deleted Camilamazed's account. She wanted it to be deleted, and after giving her some time to think about it she still wanted it.

Manic subsidal
06-08-2012, 07:03 AM
It's all in how you word it.

Americana had some pretty serious expectations of success around it, FYI.

I thought that first too, but then I heard an interview where Dexter said how fast they wrote Americana and they didn't really know how well it would do. I can't remember which interview it was but I thought it was something recent. Oh well

RIP camilamazed.

Blitz!
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
I deleted Camilamazed's account. She wanted it to be deleted, and after giving her some time to think about it she still wanted it.

I didn't know this could be done. I was under the impression that a person kept their account for life or at least until the bbs was decommissioned.

Little_Miss_1565
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I didn't know this could be done. I was under the impression that a person kept their account for life or at least until the bbs was decommissioned.

It's not something we make a habit of doing (and one member who has made a habit of having the old web guy nuke her account *multiple* times has been cut off), but thankfully it's not a request we get very often.

cool 2 hate 681
06-08-2012, 03:15 PM

that's too bad:(

Blitz!
06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
that's too bad:(

Agreed, I'm gonna miss her

cool 2 hate 681
06-08-2012, 03:34 PM
same here hopefully she goes back on facebook at least

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I wonder if she is having second thoughts. Maybe she'll be resurrected under a new name.

jacknife737
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Nobody's forcing you to like 100% of what the band does but it's incredibly poor form and asinine to bitch about them on their own website.

As for camilamazed this break from the site is probably for the best, she seems like she's got some issues. (no pun intended) to work out.

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 03:18 AM
There's a line a fan has not to cross...and this is not referred in particular to Camilla, but when you abuse of the band's kindness you're on the wrong side. I pointed this out elsewhere, but for example Pete is such a great guy who adds almost anyone on facebook, but that doesn't mean we're allowed to stress him, because soon or later he'll just delete his account and go on a hidden one.

On a side note. it's funny how "the brazilian community" bashed the band yelling for sellouts with press-like announcements on their account for cruisin california and now are begging for an ignition show...

Llamas
06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I read that whole thread and tried to stay out of it because I didn't wanna add more fuel to the fire, where there was already too much being thrown on the flame... but now that it's over, I can definitely say Camila was out of line, and I think it's best that she's away from the forums for a while. It wasn't the initial feelings of, "I'm jealous that they didn't play those songs at the shows I've been to :(" but rather the huge rant comments that went off in a million different directions and were just kind of insane. It should've been left alone and people should not have been egging her on, and some of the crap said in response to her was also uncalled for... but I'm still surprised she went off like that.

About Darrell's thread, I don't think the thread itself was bad - his comments were not out of line, imo... but that thread would've gone nuts. It undoubtedly would've erupted into another huge fight. So it's for the best that it was closed.

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
There's a line a fan has not to cross...and this is not referred in particular to Camilla, but when you abuse of the band's kindness you're on the wrong side. I pointed this out elsewhere, but for example Pete is such a great guy who adds almost anyone on facebook, but that doesn't mean we're allowed to stress him, because soon or later he'll just delete his account and go on a hidden one.

On a side note. it's funny how "the brazilian community" bashed the band yelling for sellouts with press-like announcements on their account for cruisin california and now are begging for an ignition show...

brazilian fans are the worst. i know that 'cause i am one. we bitch and bitch and bitch ad nauseum.

Degstur Lolland
06-10-2012, 02:32 PM
lal, Camila, such a self-abortion at 32. :d

As for Darrellguy, he wasn't constructive at all. Only some esoteric generic whatever...

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 03:30 PM
lal, Camila, such a self-abortion at 32. :d

As for Darrellguy, he wasn't constructive at all. Only some esoteric generic whatever...

I don't see why insult someone who's not able to reply now....

"brazilian fans are the worst. i know that 'cause i am one. we bitch and bitch and bitch ad nauseum. "

I don't think they are the worst, I just think that who stands for that community crossed the line a bit..

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM

"brazilian fans are the worst. i know that 'cause i am one. we bitch and bitch and bitch ad nauseum. "

I don't think they are the worst, I just think that who stands for that community crossed the line a bit..

oh no, we are. specially offspring fans.

Degstur Lolland
06-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Don't be retarded.

Lord Phidias
06-11-2012, 11:04 AM

I went out of the city for a while, no internet, which threads are you talking about? I'm curious.

I also wanted to say, Censor Sarah strikes again.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I went out of the city for a while, no internet, which threads are you talking about? I'm curious.

It was all on the "best show ever" thread. I don't know if it's still there. You know, Little miss didn't censon anything this time really. :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2012, 11:54 AM

It's generally recommended that you know what you're talking about before you start running your mouth. But I know that's never stopped you before, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Llamas
06-11-2012, 02:12 PM
which threads are you talking about? I'm curious ... I also wanted to say, Censor Sarah strikes again.

You haven't read the thread. You acknowledge that you have no idea what happened. And yet you jump to crazy conclusions so you can kind of attack someone? Sarah didn't censor anyone, so cool your freaking jets.

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I think that we should delete LA blog negative review. :D I mean Findout is laughing that you can stop some fans, but you can't stop media. Well, actually you can, on the band's website, so go ahead and get rid of it somehow.

It's out, done, we don't need another 1000 posts platinum thread, the band can already learn something from it, so it's time to at least lock it.

If we agree to the positive aura thinking, let's do it 100%. Or does Dexter really love the review? I think it was tendentious, but still a campaign for the band.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
What we've said about posting negative things about the band: "You can post about how you didn't like something the band did, but you can't shit on the band as people and go on and on about how their career is over / you hate them now / etc."

What it appears most of you have heard: "OMFG CENSORSHIP THE BAND DOESN'T WANT US TO HAVE FEELINGS, FUCK 1565 SHE IS A BITCH."

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I think my idea of locking it after a certain amount of time would be a little step further, but I like Platinum threads. :d

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Platinum threads. :d
You've said those words together in that order 3 times today. I felt like pointing it out........... that I can count to 3, that is.

Lord Phidias
06-11-2012, 10:24 PM
It's generally recommended that you know what you're talking about before you start running your mouth. But I know that's never stopped you before, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

When has the lack of information been a problem between us? Our differences have never had nothing to do with lack of information.

You haven't read the thread. You acknowledge that you have no idea what happened. And yet you jump to crazy conclusions so you can kind of attack someone? Sarah didn't censor anyone, so cool your freaking jets.

She closed Darrell's other thread, because of his opinions, where he said the band lacked creativity, I wasn't talking about the thread I haven't read yet. So, she closed it because of the information within the thread, if that's not censorship then I'm freaking crazy.

My jets are cool, you all know what happens when it ignites, I rant and rant and rant and rant, this time I just shared a thought, based on the behaviour I see. :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Censorship implies that there is free speech here. There isn't. The rules are posted in each forum. Threads that aren't in keeping with those rules can be closed or deleted.

And no, you're right - the problems between us have stemmed from your inability to leave me alone, so again, I'm not sure why I'm still surprised.

T-6005
06-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Most of this discussion is unnecessary. Mostly because Sarah is seemingly going out of her way to explain the reasoning behind every decision she makes.

Instead of just closing the threads that question the actions she's taken, she closes the ones that break the rules and leaves the discussion ones open until they reach dangerously close to personal abuse.

Unbelievable. This has convinced me.

It suddenly seems so clear! You're so right, this place is horrible. I'm moving to another part of the internet.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm moving to another part of the internet.

Take me with you.

Lord Phidias
06-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Censorship implies that there is free speech here. There isn't. The rules are posted in each forum. Threads that aren't in keeping with those rules can be closed or deleted.

And no, you're right - the problems between us have stemmed from your inability to leave me alone, so again, I'm not sure why I'm still surprised.

Mmm... I believe there is freedom of speech EVERYWHERE, even if some internet site rules say there isn't, anybody can say whatever they want, you can't stop people from doing it, all you can do is delete what people says, or banning members from the BBS, so, yes, it is censorship, and it doesn't imply anything, censorship is censorship, here and in China.

As I said before somewhere else, I was only going to talk to you when I feel you are not being a good moderator, which I didn't, I only threw one harmless comment there, which you responded in your condescending tone, as usual, which doesn't surprise me, but it entitles me to respond and clarify, as I always do, that is the thing about me that shouldn't surprise you.

0r4ng3
06-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Just a heads up, freedom of speech technically only protects you from government persecution for saying things, so as long as they don't intervene, all's still fair.

And the very fact that this thread hasn't been closed yet, to me, is proof that moderation is very lax. When 1565 comments in her "condescending tone", she's still doing it as a forum member unless she edits or deletes your posts. I get that arguments happen, but it seems a bit odd to claim "censorship!" when you're not being censored. You're just being argued with.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Mmm... I believe there is freedom of speech EVERYWHERE, even if some internet site rules say there isn't, anybody can say whatever they want, you can't stop people from doing it, all you can do is delete what people says, or banning members from the BBS, so, yes, it is censorship, and it doesn't imply anything, censorship is censorship, here and in China.

First of all, censorship, as you call it, is everywhere. On Facebook, you can be banned or have stuff deleted if people find it inappropriate, too. Your boss can fire you for saying stuff he doesn't like. Any privately operated place can decide what they will and won't allow people to say.

Second of all, THIS:

Just a heads up, freedom of speech technically only protects you from government persecution for saying things, so as long as they don't intervene, all's still fair.

Jesus christ, it annoys me so much when people do not understand what freedom of speech is. Sorry, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can go on the radio and be super fucking racist and still keep your job. It doesn't mean you can go on a band's website and say whatever the hell you want about the band.

Listen up, those who hate 1565. She's not perfect, no. Nobody is. Does she make mistakes? Of course she does. But to tell the truth, the things I think she messes up are not with actual moderation, but with engaging in arguments with people who are stirring up shit, which isn't a great idea for a moderator to do. The point is, the thing I think she does "wrong" is actually a sign of her NOT being a strict mod. A strict mod would just delete that shit, but she actually debates first. I've had my comments deleted before. I've even gotten a warning once. And guess what? They were probably deserved. I don't remember what they were anymore, but having things deleted sure didn't have any effect on my life. It probably was best for the board at the time, and if it wasn't, so what?? It's. Just. A message. Board. Oh, and by the way, I've recently expressed plenty of disdain for CC on this bbs, but I've done it in a respectful, grown-up way, and I haven't been censored. 5 years ago, I probably would've written it in a way that would've had me censored like hell. It's called trying to be a bit more mature.

Seriously, these threads come up every so often... I really would not want Sarah's job here. She does a really good job of cleaning up all the shit you guys don't even notice... and when she does one thing you don't like, you blow up. It must really suck to have to watch over a forum of angry little manchildren who think they can do whatever they want cause OMG TRUPUNX!!!1111one!!1 It's like babysitting adults whom you don't even know. Damn, Sarah, I hope the band rewards you big for this shit. I know they don't pay you... but there'd better be SOMETHING.

Llama rant out.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Then you're welcome to leave if you don't like the rules and don't want to abide by them.

As I said before somewhere else, I was only going to talk to you when I feel you are not being a good moderator, which I didn't, I only threw one harmless comment there, which you responded in your condescending tone, as usual, which doesn't surprise me, but it entitles me to respond and clarify, as I always do, that is the thing about me that shouldn't surprise you.

Whatever my tone with you, dude, you've earned it. Nut up.

First of all, censorship, as you call it, is everywhere. On Facebook, you can be banned or have stuff deleted if people find it inappropriate, too. Your boss can fire you for saying stuff he doesn't like. Any privately operated place can decide what they will and won't allow people to say.

This this this this this. Phidias, please try telling your boss he's a fucking douche and you have free speech to say so, and come back and let us know what happens.

But to tell the truth, the things I think she messes up are not with actual moderation, but with engaging in arguments with people who are stirring up shit, which isn't a great idea for a moderator to do. The point is, the thing I think she does "wrong" is actually a sign of her NOT being a strict mod.....It must really suck to have to watch over a forum of angry little manchildren who think they can do whatever they want cause OMG TRUPUNX!!!1111one!!1 It's like babysitting adults whom you don't even know. Damn, Sarah, I hope the band rewards you big for this shit. I know they don't pay you... but there'd better be SOMETHING.

You are, of course, correct about my shortcomings as a moderator. But I guess you get what you pay for sometimes, eh? ;) I've been too concerned with the appearance of impropriety, and really, I should just delete a lot of shit on sight. I may start doing this.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I just deleted two shitty posts being douchey to me and the band in this thread! It felt awesome!

Godxilla
06-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I just deleted two shitty posts being douchey to me and the band in this thread! It felt awesome!

Hey, good for you. May I just say one thing? If we sign up for this forum, we have NO EXCUSE to not follow the rules. There are other forums that are out there for those who wish to break rules. Just not here.

PS: why don't you just trash any/all posts that insult you or the band? Not just two, but 102, if that's what it takes to show the fools who's boss.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll certainly be trashing those posts trying to troll me, but right now with Cruisin California etc, trashing every post shitting on the band is going to be a tall fucking order. Right now I'm in "do what we can" mode.

Dexter_italy
06-12-2012, 11:55 AM
is it possible to merge threads about CC? you know like the latest article, so we don't have 10 threads about that song.

Ps: this is just the beginning Miss ;)

Llamas
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
You are, of course, correct about my shortcomings as a moderator. But I guess you get what you pay for sometimes, eh? ;) I've been too concerned with the appearance of impropriety, and really, I should just delete a lot of shit on sight. I may start doing this.

I hope you didn't take that as an insult, though; especially considering it's an unpaid gig - hell, even if you were paid for it - nobody's perfect, and you're never gonna make everybody happy. It'd be a ton of work for you to have to delete EVERY post that shits on others or the band, but the band would never want to visit this place anymore if everyone just said whatever the hell they wanted and just talked about how the band is saying "fuck our fans" and are total sellout assholes. And people making new threads about how pissed they are about the song... my god. Anyway, I'd support shit being deleted on sight. I'm aware that some of my posts might be included in that, but maybe putting the censor cap on this site would really show people what's up.

:D

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Do you guys really not see how freaking rude it is to come on a website that the Offspring pays for to have and run and shit all over them? This site's media backlog and archives are HUGE! So they are paying all this money, only for you to declare that its okay to tell them they suck in rude disrespectful ways? How is that fair?

If your mother made dinner and invited me over to have some and I started going on and on about how terrible it is and how she shouldn't be allowed to cook anymore, you'd punch me in the face and tell me to go fuck myself.

While you may not agree with the music they've been releasing lately, and its OKAY to say you don't like it, its completely unacceptable to say that they've got nothing going for them and that they should stop making music before they dig their hole any deeper. Its just plain rude.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
is it possible to merge threads about CC? you know like the latest article, so we don't have 10 threads about that song.

Ps: this is just the beginning Miss ;)

Yeah...no. Sorry dude.

Do you guys really not see how freaking rude it is to come on a website that the Offspring pays for to have and run and shit all over them? This site's media backlog and archives are HUGE! So they are paying all this money, only for you to declare that its okay to tell them they suck in rude disrespectful ways? How is that fair?

If your mother made dinner and invited me over to have some and I started going on and on about how terrible it is and how she shouldn't be allowed to cook anymore, you'd punch me in the face and tell me to go fuck myself.

While you may not agree with the music they've been releasing lately, and its OKAY to say you don't like it, its completely unacceptable to say that they've got nothing going for them and that they should stop making music before they dig their hole any deeper. Its just plain rude.

+1, yes, this this this this.

If you are someone who thinks that, despite all that is contained in the above post, you still have the "right" to the "free speech" to take a giant shit on the band on THEIR OWN WEBSITE, you should probably re-evaluate your life.

0r4ng3
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I feel like this whole thing is being blown out of proportion by every side. A simple suggestion: if you have a problem with a decision made by "Censor Sarah", report it to the admins. They're the closest thing to the boss here, and they can sort it out accordingly if you feel that someone has been wronged.

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure it is, Orange. It doesn't just come down to what Sarah did or didn't delete/lock. I think this is largely a debate about what is acceptable in general, because if she's not the one responding to people being rude, its another member. There are a butt-ton of threads in GOD that have degenerated into people arguing about whats out of line and what is okay to say. Its the kind of thing that has to be dealt with everytime they release new material or try something new (like the Ignition shows). Sarah wasn't the only one to say that Camila's hateful response to Lightening Rod being played was out of line. She wasn't the only one who thought saying the Offspring lack any kind of new creativity was out of line. The guy knew when he posted that thread that it would just become a big argument and he posted it intentionally trying to incite a strong reaction.

It would be really great if we could have a thoughtful discussion about the direction the Offspring has taken with these new singles, but there are always going to be extreme reactions on either side and its just plain redundant at this point.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 02:50 PM
I would invite anyone who thinks I'm the second coming of Red China to reach out to the admins, with as much vitriol as they might hurl at me personally. Sometimes I'm not sure they fully believe me when I tell them what sort of bullshit I receive.

And let's not forget, y'all, I'm not just taking it upon myself to say "don't shit on the band on their own website and get a blog if you really need to get more shitty and personal than necessary." Those orders come from higher up than me.

Dexter_italy
06-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I would invite anyone who thinks I'm the second coming of Red China to reach out to the admins, with as much vitriol as they might hurl at me personally. Sometimes I'm not sure they fully believe me when I tell them what sort of bullshit I receive.

And let's not forget, y'all, I'm not just taking it upon myself to say "don't shit on the band on their own website and get a blog if you really need to get more shitty and personal than necessary." Those orders come from higher up than me.

they should have the hate section of the forum ;D

Lord Phidias
06-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Sarah keeps deleting my posts.

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Thats an idea :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Sarah keeps deleting my posts.

And now I understand why you have such a problem with the forum rules and the enforcement thereof. I told you I'd be deleting abusive posts towards me personally, or those trying to fuck with me, and then I did it, and now you're asking yourself why I've done this.

Seriously, go away.

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
hahahahaha :D

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Keep the fight alive :D

Llamas
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Whoa, I leave for a few hours and Phidias is banned?? Wow, what did he say? I guess I'm not terribly surprised; that guy had a habit of getting verbose about total BS and turning things into ridiculously long arguments.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 05:39 PM
It's for 24 hours. You should see how many replies I deleted in this thread. Over it.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
It's for 24 hours. You should see how many replies I deleted in this thread. Over it.

Nah I totally support that. I hope this wakes peopel up a bit.

PS: i'm kinda drunk so forgive me if I make no sense.

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'll certainly be trashing those posts trying to troll me, but right now with Cruisin California etc, trashing every post shitting on the band is going to be a tall fucking order. Right now I'm in "do what we can" mode.

Do you have a real job?

Llamas
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Do you have a real job?

Nah, her entire life revolves around watching this bbs. What a silly question... of course she has a real job.

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Nah, her entire life revolves around watching this bbs. What a silly question... of course she has a real job.

How would i know? Even people with no job have internet access smartass.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 06:33 PM
How would i know? Even people with no job have internet access smartass.

your comment above didn't sound like a serious question, but rather like sarcasm. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
If you delete the stupid posts in the CC thread, you just might take it down to less than 1000 replies.

Bad idea. I like the separate threads. I'd be so confused if they were suddenly merged.

It's Cool To Hate.

KennedyDK
06-13-2012, 03:51 AM
your comment above didn't sound like a serious question, but rather like sarcasm. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

I apologize for being rude then. :D

samseby
06-13-2012, 05:42 AM
If your mother made dinner and invited me over to have some and I started going on and on about how terrible it is and how she shouldn't be allowed to cook anymore [...]

I'd most likely have to agree with you if I still lived at home :p

Edit:
BTW I expect & encourage people to tell me that they "don't like my cooking" too ... if it's inedible it's inedible ;) no nice word at all is gonna change that then ;) but to each his own.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 05:53 AM
BTW I expect & encourage people to tell me that they "don't like my cooking" too ... if it's inedible it's inedible ;) no nice word at all is gonna change that then ;) but to each his own.

That's basically the point of all this; it's totally acceptable and fine to say you don't like something. Honesty is not an issue. 1565 and those above her (though I can't say this is true for those few hot-headed members here who keep getting up in arms) are not telling everyone to only post positive things about the Offspring. Plenty of us have shared our negative opinions about CC and such without attacking anyone and without trying to put anyone down or rip them a new one. Telling your friend (though it's different with a friend's mom) that you didn't care for a meal is one thing; telling your friend that their cooking was like saying "Fuck you!" and that you hate them now is another thing.

DMelges
06-13-2012, 05:05 PM
You know, one thing that really doesn't do this BBS good is the complaints about the songs. I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and The Offspring will be my favorite band until the day I die, not because I don't think there is any other better band out there, but because they are the ones who actually influenced my life. So whatever crappy thing somebody says about the songs or the band, it won't change the fact that I love the band.

BUT, of course it makes me feel bad to see people hating on them. I really hate seeing every day now a new article bashing the band because of one damn song. And the bbs users here, who are fans (because if you're not a big fan I really don't get what you're doing here), may like or dislike a song, but I hate seeing people "turning" and admiting the band, to them, is becoming worse.

Now of course the mods can't delete every single negative opinion, that's ridiculous. But I have to admit that I really wouldn't mind coming here and not seeing so much hate.

DarrellOCguy
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Let it burn

DarrellOCguy
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
there isnt enough water to put this fire out. There are WAY too many opinions flying around. Plus its cool to hate.

Lord Phidias
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Whoa, I leave for a few hours and Phidias is banned?? Wow, what did he say? I guess I'm not terribly surprised; that guy had a habit of getting verbose about total BS and turning things into ridiculously long arguments.

I did not say anything harmful or offensive, just the truth and my opinion about Sarah's behavior, she didn't like it, then banned me for 24 hours until I chilled (the one who actually chilled out after my ban was her). I urged her to repost the stuff she deleted, if she was so sure about herself, but she just shut me up.

I am not pleased at this, so I ask you directly, Sarah, if I keep thinking you are following a wrong path being a moderator and keep expressing myself, would you keep deleting my posts? Note: none of those posts were or will be abusive posts towards you personally, or trying to fuck with you, as I mentioned in a post you deleted. I only said the things about the lists because it is the reality, if you follow the facts.

That's basically the point of all this; it's totally acceptable and fine to say you don't like something...

I said I didn't like Sarah's behavior or didn't support her desitions, and got my posts deleted and temporally banned.

...Honesty is not an issue. 1565 and those above her (though I can't say this is true for those few hot-headed members here who keep getting up in arms) are not telling everyone to only post positive things about the Offspring...

My interpretation about the situation of my opinions being disaproved by the moderatrix is that I can't post negative things about the moderation and/or the members of this BBS, especially the one member who is super mod.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
You don't seem to understand the previous 10,000 times I've explained this.

I don't give a fuck whether you think my moderation is "correct" or not.
This is because you are operating under the incorrect assumption that you have an absolute right to "free speech" on a private website.
You become completely obsessed with convincing anyone who disagrees with you about anything that your viewpoint is the only true viewpoint. This includes forum replies, PMs, profile messages, etc.
We have never undeleted someone's posts so that others may judge, and we're not going to start now. People are here to talk about the band, not about you.
In conclusion, just. fucking. stop. You don't know when to stop, so I am telling you in no uncertain terms, in public -- Stop.

Lord Phidias
06-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Now excuse me if you read this and go berserk like "OMFG why this guy keeps posting stuff about this?!?!", but it is completely unfair, you just erased my opinions because I said you are not moderating properly and because you can't let the facts I describe make you look bad, or at least that's what I interpret, but that's what you are doing towards me, you just reply to me, making me look like a total douche, with no opportunity of being agreed with, or recognized I may not be wrong, just because you don't like it, that IS censorship. It would be fine if this was your site, but it isn't, you can't judge the expressions contained in this forum by the topic when those aren't trolls or offenses, those are my opinions, based on the facts and behavior I see on the forum.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Knowing you and your posts, I highly, highly doubt you posted, "I don't like Sarah's behavior and I don't support her decisions." And that post got deleted. And then you posted it 10 more times and it got deleted over and over. Nope, not for a second.

Lord Phidias
06-13-2012, 05:54 PM

In conclusion, just. fucking. stop. You don't know when to stop, so I am telling you in no uncertain terms, in public -- Stop.

Why? I want to know the reason you want me to stop.

EDIT

I thought Sarah replied, and that's the thing, you doubt it, but you it can't be proved because I got censored.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Why? I want to know the reason you want me to stop.

You become completely obsessed with convincing anyone who disagrees with you about anything that your viewpoint is the only true viewpoint. This includes forum replies, PMs, profile messages, etc.

Thanks for proving my point. Now stop already.

Lord Phidias
06-13-2012, 05:59 PM

This is because you are operating under the incorrect assumption that you have an absolute right to "free speech" on a private website.

I missed these, this is not your website, you shouldn't be judging the content that do not break the rules.

I have the right to defend my opinions, and you seem to be the one who thinks your opinion is the only true opinion, hence, you deleted the posts that challenged that principle.

Lord Phidias
06-13-2012, 06:01 PM
I will stop now, since I can't have a real debate/conversation with you because you can't put aside your conceptions about me.

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2012, 06:04 PM
I missed these, this is not your website, you shouldn't be judging the content that do not break the rules.

I have the right to defend my opinions, and you seem to be the one who thinks your opinion is the only true opinion, hence, you deleted the posts that challenged that principle.

No, it's not my website, but I wrote the rules, got them approved by management and the band, and now Tijs and I enforce them, so actually, it is my place to judge the content that breaks the rules. I also get to decide that you don't get to harass me.

You have bizarre notions of the rights you have, and I don't care whether you're intentionally trying to troll me or not, because your obsession with proving whatever point you think you're trying to prove is disruptive. So I will be deleting your shit about moderators from now on, because I don't have to debate being a moderator with you. So, I won't.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I thought Sarah replied, and that's the thing, you doubt it, but you it can't be proved because I got censored.

You posted, "I don't like Sarah's behavior and I don't support her decisions." Then you thought she replied, so you posted "I don't like Sarah's behavior and I don't support her decisions." again? And then you thought she replied again, so you posted, "I don't like Sarah's behavior and I don't support her decisions." again? 10 times? Really? This can't be your argument... I must be misunderstanding, because wtf.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Sarah, if I keep thinking you are following a wrong path being a moderator and keep expressing myself, would you keep deleting my posts?
I sure as fuck hope so. Nobody- not just Sarah- nobody likes reading people whine and bitch about how the BBS is run all the time.

DarrellOCguy
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
It ran straight into this wall of hate, sarcasm and annoying people and I'm lovin it. liking something's just a waste of time :D

Godxilla
06-13-2012, 08:02 PM
It ran straight into this wall of hate, sarcasm and annoying people and I'm lovin it. liking something's just a waste of time :D

Seriously. But before you trash the evolution of the Offspring again, let me just ask this: if you had a popular band, would you, after 20 years or so, continue to churn out uninspired, loser songs like Linkin Park is doing, or would you evolve, mature, and develop like the Offspring are right now? Yeah, that's what I thought. By the way, I think this whole thread is nuthinbutawasteoftime. Got it?

0r4ng3
06-13-2012, 10:32 PM
why do i keep reading all of this

why

DarrellOCguy
06-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Its like one car accident after another. you just keep slowing down to check it out

Llamas
06-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Seriously. But before you trash the evolution of the Offspring again, let me just ask this: if you had a popular band, would you, after 20 years or so, continue to churn out uninspired, loser songs like Linkin Park is doing, or would you evolve, mature, and develop like the Offspring are right now? Yeah, that's what I thought. By the way, I think this whole thread is nuthinbutawasteoftime. Got it?

O_o Have we been listening to the same Linkin Park? You think their old stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmUTBDuUGz8) sounds ANYTHING like their new music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTUAIVMUQ)??? Damn, you have strange ears. As much as the Offspring has changed, Linkin Park has changed MUCH more.

And for the record, I often like when bands evolve. But not when they're not very talented in their new style.

Godxilla
06-14-2012, 07:42 AM
O_o Have we been listening to the same Linkin Park? You think their old stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmUTBDuUGz8) sounds ANYTHING like their new music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftTUAIVMUQ)??? Damn, you have strange ears. As much as the Offspring has changed, Linkin Park has changed MUCH more.

And for the record, I often like when bands evolve. But not when they're not very talented in their new style.

no, no. What I mean is both bands started angsty. Then Lp evolved, turned to ballads, and used typical clichés. The Offspring, however, are still writing meaniful songs, devoid of the worst clichés. Let's face it: Days Go By is gonna be a hell of a lot better than LP's next boredom/clichés fest.

And the Offspring are great at their new style.

Lord Phidias
06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
why do i keep reading all of this

why

Because you're a gossiper!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Is it over? I thought this was entertaining. Whatever. I like the moderators here. I don't think they've ever misused their power.

Godxilla
06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Is it over? I thought this was entertaining. Whatever. I like the moderators here. I don't think they've ever misused their power.

I second the notion. And yeah, I thought it was entertaining too.

RobinoZombie
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Theres plusses and minuses on these boards, gotta love it

Lord Phidias
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Lol, I wasn't attacking anyone and still get my posts deleted. Stop doing it, the members need some entertainment.

Godxilla
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Lol, I wasn't attacking anyone and still get my posts deleted. Stop doing it, the members need some entertainment.

Dude, we're entertained enough without your removable posts. Whatever you keep saying is clearly not appropriate in some way, so cut it out. That being said, here's some advice: just watch this thread and don't get involved (that's what I've been doing, and so far, I haven't been banned nor censored).:D

_Lost_
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
There is plenty of entertainment around here without us having to "listen" to Phideas repeat himself over and over and over...

Does anyone else around here remember how we voted her and Tijs and several others into power? After that, the admins/band/whatever picked those they approved of the most and gave them what we all long for in life... superpowers! Sarah, how does it feel to have superhuman moderating strength that only us lesser beings could long for? I pray that one day, I get bitten by a radioactive keyboard...

Little_Miss_1565
06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Sarah, how does it feel to have superhuman moderating strength that only us lesser beings could long for? I pray that one day, I get bitten by a radioactive keyboard...

Oh girl, any day you want to get the PM and forum replies I get, please let me know. ;)

hshduppsnt
06-22-2012, 12:46 AM
There is plenty of entertainment around here without us having to "listen" to Phideas repeat himself over and over and over...

Does anyone else around here remember how we voted her and Tijs and several others into power? After that, the admins/band/whatever picked those they approved of the most and gave them what we all long for in life... superpowers! Sarah, how does it feel to have superhuman moderating strength that only us lesser beings could long for? I pray that one day, I get bitten by a radioactive keyboard...

haha seriously, these people clearly weren't around during the Dark Ages and the Reign of Terror that was WebDude!