PDA

View Full Version : Cruising California video

Gustavo
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
The Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) video is up on offspring.com!

Tijs
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Boom! Boom! Boom!

cool 2 hate 681
06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
cool video im liking the music videos for this album way better then rafrag

the hitcher
06-07-2012, 09:36 PM
aww man its great, summer times started.awsome:cool:
i like the song even more now.
thanks the offspring

_Lost_
06-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't see it...

Gustavo
06-07-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't see it...

Try refreshing offspring.com, and you'll be able to see it. :)

_Lost_
06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
All i get is the pop up window with the skull logo in it.

Gustavo
06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
All i get is the pop up window with the skull logo in it.

Which browser are you using? Can you post a print screen?

Rafa88offspring
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I expected something more fun :/ I can't wait 'til we get to hear more songs cause I'm just not feeling this album. :(

GamerKT
06-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, it makes me feel good... but I thought it'd be funny or something.

Manic subsidal
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
hey ho lets go

Leoladen
06-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I fucking love it :D!!!!!!

Thomas
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I still can't seem to justify this song... Everything I hate about modern music showed up in this song, and the video didn't help much either. It's a good thing I love the Days Go By video so much, or I'd be terrified for this new album.

Diva
06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I loved it! :)

RedFox
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Aweeeeeeeeesomee..!!! =)...

Manic subsidal
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
hahahahhaha oh my god I'm watching it right now and I find it really funny

Manic subsidal
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
k just finished it..

I think I laughed so hard because throughout the video, I was just sitting there thinking "this is the band that inspired me so much as a kid"

killboybowerhead
06-07-2012, 10:27 PM
was noodles or greg feeling being in that video?

Greekoldfan
06-07-2012, 10:31 PM
a nice anti-stress video :)

Manic subsidal
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
They should of had the same attitude as pete. He was like "I know this song is fruity pop, but fuck it! We're doing a video!!"

rdcouch
06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I like the video, and I definitely show up in the crowd :D It's pretty much as I was expecting based on the video shoot as well as the pics they posted on their facebook. Very fun, light-hearted music video.

rdcouch
06-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Is the audio out of sync of the video for anyone else? For me the video is about 2-3 seconds ahead. I know this will be fixed soon especially once its actually on the Vevo site, but I'm just seeing if I'm the only one or not...

ThunderPX
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I was really distracted by what appeared to be a ventriloquist Dexter. It was creepy. :(

TheJakes84
06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Now I know who rap's the Bumpin' part is she Asian? :D Nonetheless, awesome music video as of yet! :cool: Specially, inside the bus with them and the people rockin' out.

nico33
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
I like it!!!:)

Outerspaceman21
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
The video is alright. I have to agree with Thomas and say that I like the Days Go By video more, it's better directed in my opinion. This video, while it's a really fun video, looks kinda half-assed in terms of direction, whereas the Days Go By video had a little more style. However, I think the video suits the song, which goes on to say that the video, in many aspects, is taking a shot at the pop music industry and it's current approach to music videos.

aNiKoPuNk_77
06-07-2012, 11:14 PM
i like it, it's time to party!!!!! hey ho let's go!!!

Dexter_italy
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I had the same problem of sync! it mad the video less entertaining...hope it's fixed...

MAXTER
06-07-2012, 11:24 PM
THIS VIDEO is DELICIOUS!!!!! FANTASTIC!!! THE PERFECT SUMMER HIT!!!

She's waving her caboose... ohh yeahhh :D

NoGuessing
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
I was going to post a spiel about what a shit video it was before thinking, hey, they're perfectly entitled to make a blatant pop song with a blatant pop video with no humour involved.

I like the song, but I had high hopes for a piss take video.

I'm just worried it will turn into the next Friday. Hurr durr look at these ancient punk rockers selling out with a bland pop tune etc etc

Jesus
06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
It's out of sync with me too

joshgenis
06-07-2012, 11:31 PM
anyone else getting a delay with vid and audio? or maybe its just rly shitty lip synching?

bhg_rulz2
06-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Yep, delay for me too! We´re sure they will fix it...between, I think the video was awesome, fun song to drink and party! =)

Dragnet
06-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Holy shit, that was bad.

hshduppsnt
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
^ False. That was awesome :D hahahahahahahahahahaha

scream
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
It's an Offspring pop song, but I don't like it too much. Maybe it'll grow on me.

KTILLA23
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Where is it? I don't see anything on the home page.

Americana98
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah I thought it'd be funnier too. It's alright but I definitely still think it was a mistake putting it out as a single.

I'm sure the album will be amazing though.

Dexter_italy
06-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah I thought it'd be funnier too. It's alright but I definitely still think it was a mistake putting it out as a single.

I'm sure the album will be amazing though.

Blame it on the lable...it was their choice, we know that now:)

Defender
06-08-2012, 12:11 AM
The video is great. Summer atmosphere, happy tempo, hot girls, the band in a good mood, etc. I enjoyed this one.

NoGuessing
06-08-2012, 12:17 AM

This is why I'm glad their time with Columbia is up. I love the pop stuff, but the flood of pop singles at the expense of the harder stuff is so bloody annoying.

Hopefully they will just release albums off of Nitro and have more control over what gets released.

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 12:21 AM
This is why I'm glad their time with Columbia is up. I love the pop stuff, but the flood of pop singles at the expense of the harder stuff is so bloody annoying.

Hopefully they will just release albums off of Nitro and have more control over what gets released.

they won't ever go on nitro, it's something we all would like, but nitro is almost done these days and wouldn't have the power to release the offspring. but who knows.... going back to epitaph for the end of the carreer could be a smart move. but I see this quite impossible too

TheNooseIsFalling
06-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I love it and it's not even cheesy, but is it just me or is the whole video completely out of sync?
EDIT: Okay I read the previous comments, it's not just me. I really hope they'll fix that soon cause while I think it's a great video most of the "power" would come from seeing Dexter sing all that stuff, especially the chorus, and it's unbelievably annoying right now. And again, just like with the song itself, the video is so much more exciting than Days Go By, it may be pop territory but it's a lot more Offspring for me

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I love it and it's not even cheesy, but is it just me or is the whole video completely out of sync?

this is a problem for many

MODS AND ADMIN can you do something for this? like at least tell about this problem to someone...so they can check?

TheNooseIsFalling
06-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Okay, it's on youtube now, and it's perfectly in sync. Yeah, loving it!

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Okay, it's on youtube now, and it's perfectly in sync. Yeah, loving it!

cool :D 10ch

GamerKT
06-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Actually, upon a second viewing, I like it. I love how Greg K. looks like he wants to kill himself while everyone else is happy as hell.

samseby
06-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Holy shit, that was bad.

Yup, not that bad for a silent movie / vid though :p Still can't bring myself to listen to it again.
Again: What were they all thinking!? :confused:

EDIT
Oops, opinions like that probalby won't fit the general "vibe" ... totally forgot!
So maybe it's better to keep one's mouth shut on this one ;)

danitanev
06-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I love The Offspring! I love this video and I love the girl in the middle dancing in The Offspring's bus - she's hot! :D

Krojd
06-08-2012, 01:44 AM
They should've film my brother running from the lifeguard booth, but failing to run in the sand, falling into it and eating some of it. That'd be highlight of the video.

The Search Button
06-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I didn't miss this TheOffspring on the last album.

I much prefer shool shootings and raped girls.

RonWelty
06-08-2012, 02:10 AM
nahhhhhhh....
This song isn't for me.

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 02:16 AM
nahhhhhhh....
This song isn't for me.

come on dude! bump that trunk!

OffspringDude
06-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Anyone got a Youtube link ?

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Anyone got a Youtube link ?

youtube.com/offspringvevo

OffspringDude
06-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Cheers darlin' :p

jacknife737
06-08-2012, 03:38 AM
The cheese factor was a little high with this one, but it was still fun: fit the song well.

Puschka
06-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Amazing!!!!! Now I can't stop watching Days Go By and Cruising California! :D

NoGuessing
06-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Should be a good flame war with the tru punx in the comments section. Who is keen?

NoGuessing
06-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Just watched it again and I thought the video was dead serious until I noticed the small jokes throughout. The awkwardness of the old asian bloke, the chick pashing the little boy and the grannies jumping up and down in the audience.

RazielSR
06-08-2012, 04:19 AM
jajaja! The video is just amazing!! Pure The Offspring joy!

Leandro
06-08-2012, 04:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlZyajmcIM

Leandro
06-08-2012, 04:48 AM
The first reaction when I listened this song, I really didn't like, but now I like it. It's not one of my favorites from the band, but it's a good fun song. Like Dexter said, sometimes it's punk, sometimes it's not. That's who they are...

Microwave Jellyfish
06-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Song's still the worst thing they ever recorded by far, the video is mostly OK (some of the transitions with shots of the beach, waves etc. look kinda amateurish somehow), but what's up with the aspect ratio? It's like watching the video through a mail slot. And they should really re-upload it to vimeo with fixed sync.

Meh, I really hope it won't do much damage to their reputation.

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 05:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlZyajmcIM

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Eargasmic! My favorite part is on the bus scene so chillen and yet stunning.

NoGuessing
06-08-2012, 05:09 AM
They don't have a reputation with people who don't know them. They're sell outs in the tru punx crowd and a bubble gum pop group in the "never looked too closely" crowd.

I don't care about "reputation" anyway tbh. Objectivity in music is bullshit and the only reason it exists is so fans and pretentious journalists can have a pissing contest over their favourite bands and genres. It's manufactured by so called reviews that are just glorified opinion pieces and it sucks so hard that many people buy into it.

I couldn't give a flying fuck about country music for example, but that doesn't mean it sucks.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-08-2012, 05:18 AM
bubble gum pop group in the "never looked too closely" crowd.
They aren't. They will be, soon.

I don't care about "reputation" anyway tbh
Consider yourself to be lucky, then :)

Defender
06-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Meh, I really hope it won't do much damage to their reputation.

If they keep on surprising us by making shows like the last ones, their reputation will never be damaged.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-08-2012, 05:45 AM
If they keep on surprising us by making shows like the last ones, their reputation will never be damaged.
Wholeheartedly agreeing with that one! ;)

I just wish they would promote this side of them to the non-fan crowd too. If there was no CC, I'd be experiencing my biggest and longest Offspringasms these days. OK, really bad choice of made-up words, but really, ignoring that song, so far this has been such an awesome year to be a fan.

KyleW
06-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Anyone else distracted by how unnecessarily widescreen the video is? I kinda liked it though, it was fun the band are having fun and I'll take a video like this over something like Hammerhead or YGGFK which didn't have the band in at all.

Also Noodles was wearing that shirt one of the nights in London.

tylercosgrove1989
06-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Everyone has issues with everything they produce now, it's a downer. I love the video. It's fun just like the song.

DMelges
06-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Very fun, summer song and video :cool:

Chainsaw
06-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I was also kind of hoping for a funny video. But this is cool too, at least they're in it. The premise of creepy older guys trying to pick up women at the beach would've been fun :D (someone mentioned it in the other CC thread i think).

XYlophonetreeZ
06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
The only thing I didn't like was that there were girls already on the bus at the beginning. I think that could give people a negative impression about the band. Makes it look like they always have their own private strip show when they travel. The rest of it- the premise of picking up assorted California weirdos and inviting them to party on the bus- I liked.

0r4ng3
06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Or maybe those girls were some of the assorted California weirdos, picked up for the party bus before the video started. That's probably less likely though.

Tijs
06-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Video should be in sync now and HQ will be soon available on the main site aswell. You might have to refresh or clear your cache first.

bouncingcoles
06-08-2012, 08:40 AM
i actually like this video.

TheOldMark
06-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I LOVE this video, its PERFECT!

Llamas
06-08-2012, 08:46 AM

Was this confirmed by the band somewhere? Did I miss it?

The only thing I didn't like was that there were girls already on the bus at the beginning. I think that could give people a negative impression about the band. Makes it look like they always have their own private strip show when they travel. The rest of it- the premise of picking up assorted California weirdos and inviting them to party on the bus- I liked.

This is what I came here to complain about. The video kind of bothered me. I never expected the Offspring to stoop to this kind of level - the level often occupied by rappers and R'n'B singers. This really disappointed me... a lot. I kind of hate the song now. Without the stripper shit and all the ass shots and sexualization, I could've potentially liked the premise of the video. I know my opinion will be a minority here, but that's just my view. Kinda feeling grossed out by this entire song now.

Won't be surprised if I get flamed for that, but whatever.

Dexter_italy
06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Video should be in sync now and HQ will be soon available on the main site aswell. You might have to refresh or clear your cache first.

Yes, on the vevo channel is perfect and on the main page too :) thank you and to whoever fixed it :)

jsmak84
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
But what all this is the nineties!

Pop a throttle! Butts full throttle! Americanisms from the hip. Eeeeeeee short ...... The video is suitable for the song, even if a bit banalotto perhaps ..................

have fun

Petar too cocky when it comes down from the buss!
Too good-natured terronazzo Dex throughout the video!

Sadly, there is some explosions and some severed head to make inroads into my heart ....

Simple but is in it ... apart from people who do not poga and clapping at the end, not that the little mother who covers her eyes on the child buss (tremendously sponges sponges).

I want to live CaaaliFoRnIAaaAaAaAAaaAAAA

Maybe we could finish me on the buss!

Offspring RULZZZZ!!!!

SUMMER BEGINS The Bum Bum BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUm

_Lost_
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
I honestly feel like this video makes this song seem more like an offspring song to me. I like it. The stripper types don't bother me and I assumed they were just more california weirdos picked up before the video started. And while this video's humor wasn't as blatant as the video for SIMU, it WAS funny.

Little_Miss_1565
06-08-2012, 09:20 AM
This is what I came here to complain about. The video kind of bothered me. I never expected the Offspring to stoop to this kind of level - the level often occupied by rappers and R'n'B singers. This really disappointed me... a lot. I kind of hate the song now. Without the stripper shit and all the ass shots and sexualization, I could've potentially liked the premise of the video. I know my opinion will be a minority here, but that's just my view. Kinda feeling grossed out by this entire song now.

Did you not see the Original Prankster video?

XYlophonetreeZ
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Was this confirmed by the band somewhere? Did I miss it?

It doesn't really change my opinion of the song, but obviously I agree that the pole dancers were a little disturbing. I don't mind the ass shots of girls they picked up from the beach in skimpy bikinis, because that's legitimately part of the California scene that they're trying to capture. But, I'm just having trouble understanding what the point is of having girls on the bus all along. And they're right in front of the band the whole time. You might even say, directly out in front.

Big difference between having scantily clad women in the natural atmosphere of a crowded pier at the beach, and having a private strip show on their tour bus, IMO. I don't think that the CC video is actually reflective of the band's behavior, obviously, but I think putting that stuff in a video was a poor decision.

But what all this is the nineties!

Pop a throttle! Butts full throttle! Americanisms from the hip. Eeeeeeee short ...... The video is suitable for the song, even if a bit banalotto perhaps ..................

have fun

Petar too cocky when it comes down from the buss!
Too good-natured terronazzo Dex throughout the video!

Sadly, there is some explosions and some severed head to make inroads into my heart ....

Simple but is in it ... apart from people who do not poga and clapping at the end, not that the little mother who covers her eyes on the child buss (tremendously sponges sponges).

I want to live CaaaliFoRnIAaaAaAaAAaaAAAA

Maybe we could finish me on the buss!

Offspring RULZZZZ!!!!

SUMMER BEGINS The Bum Bum BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUm

Serious question: are you MOTA BOY?

If so, no moar hope 4 better days :(:(:(:(

The Search Button
06-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Original Prankster video is better because it has more tities.

Llamas
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Guh, thanks for making me look that up :P I honestly don't think I've watched it in years... I really dislike that song, and the video always annoyed me, so I guess I'd forgotten about it. After looking it up, though, still not as bad - ass shots abound, tons of scantily-dressed girls (still tolerable)... it was mostly the private strip show on their bus with the girls going around and giving the men lollipops and hanging around the stripper pole in front of the band that really bugged me.

It doesn't really change my opinion of the song, but obviously I agree that the pole dancers were a little disturbing. I don't mind the ass shots of girls they picked up from the beach in skimpy bikinis, because that's legitimately part of the California scene that they're trying to capture. But, I'm just having trouble understanding what the point is of having girls on the bus all along. And they're right in front of the band the whole time. You might even say, directly out in front.
yarly. It doesn't change my opinion of the band because I don't really have much of an opinion on them in general, other than loving a lot of their music in my younger years. I'm not terribly surprised, and I'm not going to, like, stop listening to their music because of it... but it's knocked them down a few steps on my "interest" scale.

Big difference between having scantily clad women in the natural atmosphere of a crowded pier at the beach, and having a private strip show on their tour bus, IMO. I don't think that the CC video is actually reflective of the band's behavior, obviously, but I think putting that stuff in a video was a poor decision.
I'd agree with this. I doubt they chose to have the video like that, but they also didn't reject the idea. Poor decision, don't like it... will not be watching the video again, but whatever. I don't think it's reflective of how they view women or anything like that.

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Original Prankster video is better because it has more tities.

And plenty of caboose

GamerKT
06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Fucking Christ, some of you guys are whiners. You gonna complain about their golden dancers that are locked up in their funhouse in the Pretty Fly video now?

killboybowerhead
06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I thought the video was pretty reserved. The asses weren't even that nice and the strippers didn't even show it off. :p
The "party" bus is a very common thing in southern california.. Ive only hung out in Huntington a handful of times, but in Pacific Beach down in San Diego you sorta start to notice them.
Think they were poking fun at that. But really I thought it was pretty tame considering the song is basically about drinking and picking up sexual partners during the summer. I thought it needed more for a "joke" song.

jsmak84
06-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Serious question: are you MOTA BOY?

If so, no moar hope 4 better days :(

Im no mota boy (Do not worry :)) - im italian boy and dont speak english :)

so sudden and using the google translator :D yayayayayaya
But standing here on the forum I'm slowly learning something + or-

Anyway - back on topic

I really like this video, takes me back many years

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I love the video cause dexter and the band appear in it ! I like Original Prankster more, the song is more kickass for me, but this is nice, they had fun, they did it the way they felt it, that's fine for me.

Now I would of preferred more blonde chicks, some dancing from the homeless guy and some driving the bus dexter ! lol

Eskimo
06-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I mean, sure, it's pretty distasteful and low-brow, but you see this type of shit all the time in videos on MTV etc.

Wouldn't that kind of fit with the very "state of pop music 2012" vibe the song gives off? Not to say it's a complete troll/mockery as some people are hoping, I think it's probably a bit of both. But it's not like the video's tasteless and the song's all...classy. They fit together.

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 11:14 AM
The band shall make The Future Is Now or a Dirty Magic music video. How about what you boys/girls think. Yay or Nah?

the hitcher
06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
The band shall make The Future Is Now or a Dirty Magic music video. How about what you boys/girls think. Yay or Nah?

i for one think it would be sweet if they make videos out of
them two songs. espesially dirty magic.

jsmak84
06-08-2012, 12:08 PM

:D yeaaaaaaa

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM

I am still waiting the Half-truism video..

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Hands down for DM.

I am still waiting the Half-truism video..

Interesting.

Puschka
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Those girls with lollipops reminded me of the three girls singing "Give it to me baby" in front of Guy Cohen also with lollipops in Pretty Fly video.
I want a Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell video!

Llamas
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I mean, sure, it's pretty distasteful and low-brow, but you see this type of shit all the time in videos on MTV etc.

Part of why I don't listen to that music :P

cool 2 hate 681
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Song's still the worst thing they ever recorded by far, the video is mostly OK

i agree with this

GamerKT
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Greg does not give one single fuck. He's not even smiling at the end. I love this.

disclaimer_07
06-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Greg does not give one single fuck. He's not even smiling at the end. I love this.

I guess he was thinking "Don't blame me, I just work here..." the whole time. :D

cool 2 hate 681
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
that or i would rather be playing golf

Blitz!
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
I honestly feel like this video makes this song seem more like an offspring song to me. I like it.

I agree, during one scene I had a flashback to the 'Want You Bad' video. It's probably the lighting while they are on stage ... it has the same visual effect.

TheJakes84
06-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Greg K is a golfer? :rolleyes:

Eskimo
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Part of why I don't listen to that music :P

I guess my point is, they're referencing this type of music, right? The kind of cliche autotune-and-mention-California-stuff-a-bazillion-times Top 40 hits. Those videos are like this. It's not exactly a justification, but if they're going to have such a single then this video reflects it pretty much how you'd expect it to.

DarrellOCguy
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
This video is better than days go by. The people in days go by looked like hipsters. I hate hipsters.

The video made me tolerate the music alot more. (god its such a bad song)

Britpunk
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I bloody love the song and I think the video is great.

Frankly I'm even past caring whether it's a joke song or not - I really like it for what it is.

Still not that keen on Days Go By though - but you know what, that's absolutely fine.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I still don't like the song, but I actually liked this video better than Days Go By's. This one was more entertaining. I think Pete made it worth watching.

NoGuessing
06-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Just watched a few Gaga and Katy Perry videos because they may be a secret guilty pleasure of mine (the music guyz, the music), and I never realised just how often they get naked.

Dexter should have done the pose on the cloud that Katy Perry does in California Girls during the Caliifornniaaaaa autotune parts. I would have died laughing.

Eskimo
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Dexterino should have flaunted his man-bewbies and acted all promiscuous-like.

Hawt.

TeddyBear_Army
06-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I liked the new video, but I think it's missing something to amaze me. I fucking love the Days Go By video though, I love its visual effects and I think it's probably Offspring's second best video. (TKAA will ALWAYS be my fav.)

_Lost_
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
(TKAA will ALWAYS be my fav.)

I don't understand all the love for this video. Its kind of neat, but it seems to be a lot of people's favorite. My favorite video has to be the one for Head Around You. Its so painstakingly, anal retentively done. That guy must have spent weeks editing it. I know they were filming it for more than 24 hours straight. Film, film again, move all 125 cameras to new angles without repeating the old ones, film them doing exactly the same thing again, and again, move the cameras again (harder to find no repeats this time), etc.

TeddyBear_Army
06-08-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't understand all the love for this video. Its kind of neat, but it seems to be a lot of people's favorite. My favorite video has to be the one for Head Around You. Its so painstakingly, anal retentively done. That guy must have spent weeks editing it. I know they were filming it for more than 24 hours straight. Film, film again, move all 125 cameras to new angles without repeating the old ones, film them doing exactly the same thing again, and again, move the cameras again (harder to find no repeats this time), etc.

The TKAA video perfectly represents the song's lyrics, that's why. It shows the many faces of the american society and its failures. It always amazes me, specially the white power guy getting bathed in chocolate and the black chick with milk.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Still better than K,AYDO? YGGFK and Hammerhead

TripleDK
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM

I think if they had 125 cameras, they wouldn't need to move them, because all cameras would be on at all times, and they could basically shoot the whole video in one take. However, I think you're right that it would take weeks to edit that stuff:eek:

Anyways, my favorite music video is definitely SIMU. This one has kind of the same feeling to it, but the fun parts are much more subtle (like the mom covering the child's eye because of the pole dancers, and the old people singing along).

_Lost_
06-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I still don't understand why TKAA is so popular.

I think if they had 125 cameras, they wouldn't need to move them, because all cameras would be on at all times, and they could basically shoot the whole video in one take. However, I think you're right that it would take weeks to edit that stuff:eek:

They said it in the music video dvd that came out 7 or 8 years ago and I think they said something about shooting the video on the website. I didn't make that up. There were far more than 125 angles.

And this video is definitely far more subtle in its humor than simu, but its still very funny if you are paying attention.

Gustavo
06-08-2012, 06:28 PM
For those of you that didn't like the video, I strongly recommend ya'll to join me and wave your cabooses.

I really liked the video, I think they could've handled the editing better, specially with the woman voice parts. And also, they should've shot a funny face from Dexter during the "California" autotuned part, that woulda been freaking epic!

cool 2 hate 681
06-08-2012, 07:00 PM
For those of you that didn't like the video, I strongly recommend ya'll to join me and wave your cabooses.

I really liked the video, I think they could've handled the editing better, specially with the woman voice parts. And also, they should've shot a funny face from Dexter during the "California" autotuned part, that woulda been freaking epic!

they should've done your idea and brought back guy cohen:)

TeddyBear_Army
06-08-2012, 07:19 PM
They should've done a pseudo-serious video with Dex wearing a blue wig.

Degstur Lolland
06-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd expect something more exclusive, shiny and perfectionist, something like Pretty Fly, but I think it would not be very punk today. It's kinda modest and subtle. Lollipop thing is bizarre, but that's typical for The Offspring. While I wouldn't give attention to bitches I'm not a purist or a feminist about it, I don't think it should be forbidden, but I don't even mind bitching (pun not intended) about it.

yeti152
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I expected something more fun :/ I can't wait 'til we get to hear more songs cause I'm just not feeling this album. :(

i hear you i just dont like this song i know everyone is excited but at least the other pop songs were sarcastic this feels like a sell out
:confused:

Little_Miss_1565
06-09-2012, 01:38 PM
i hear you i just dont like this song i know everyone is excited but at least the other pop songs were sarcastic this feels like a sell out
:confused:

"Sell out" requires it being done for a cash grab. I think Dexter really just wanted to write a shiny pop song. Whether you're down with that or not is an entirely separate issue. But I agree that the other pop songs had least had an overtone of sarcasm, that this one does not have.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe Dexter got hit in the side of head and "My friends are drinking" became a totally normal and serious thing for a near 50 year old man to put in a song without poking fun at any artist or music genre at all.

I'm sorry guys, maybe I'm just stubborn, but I really think this song has to be poking a teensy weensy little bit of fun at modern pop. I know almost no one holds this opinion any more. I wish Camiliamazed was still around. Her hate and denial made what I said seem more reasonable.

TripleDK
06-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Maybe Dexter got hit in the side of head and "My friends are drinking" became a totally normal and serious thing for a near 50 year old man to put in a song without poking fun at any artist or music genre at all.

I'm sorry guys, maybe I'm just stubborn, but I really think this song has to be poking a teensy weensy little bit of fun at modern pop. I know almost no one holds this opinion any more. I wish Camiliamazed was still around. Her hate and denial made what I said seem more reasonable.

That's exactly one of the lines I've been thinking about. Maybe I analyze it a bit subjectively, but personally I don't drink, and when my friends drink around me I just can't stop point fingers and laugh at them (that came out a bit more mean that it was meant). So to me, this line feels like Dexter, whom I know drinks but I don't think as much as modern pop artists who all go to rehabilitation centers, is pointing out and mocking the modern party lifestyle.
This is something I see again in "I might say "Hey"/ But I never say "Holla"", because "Hey" is something you would chant at a rock concert, while Holla is more associated with the mainstream culture.

I like the song:D

Degstur Lolland
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM

Lol, but then think about Niz, the guy likes beer way too much. Dex is mostly sober...

I agree, it must be, but it's modest and subtle.

Also, the aspect ratio of the video is interesting, I guess it would look too simple or cheap without it.

SåS
06-10-2012, 12:26 AM
They released a summer song in Australia when it's just going into winter and it's so fucking cold.
Which leads to this song being totally irrelevant here, it was just a bad decision.

But apart from that, they're making some of the best decisions they've made in years, seeing them tweet online and get so involved with the fans is a nice change, as well as them doing Ignition shows and playing other rarities live, they're going well.

They're even looking better, dexter's voice is improving, pete's drumming is starting to shine, it's going to be a good few years for d Offsprings.

Oh, and the video is good, these new videos are shit hot compared to RAFRAG's videos.

NoGuessing
06-10-2012, 03:12 AM
This video is copping some considerable hate. It's not often the dislikes make up just over a third of the total votes unless it's bandwagoning on Bieber, Gaga etc.

no_hero,no_saviour
06-10-2012, 07:00 AM
The artwork is very similar to california girls by katy perry.

dorkrockcorkrod
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
I was expecting the video to be more comedic, like Original Prankster and Pretty Fly for a White Guy. I mean, it is obviously meant to be funny, but it's just not nearly as good as PF or OP.

I normally like it when they make fun pop songs, but this one just doesn't hit me the same way the others do.

RazielSR
06-11-2012, 01:47 AM
:confused::confused:

Why are you people ALWAYS overanalizing everything and blaming the band whatever they do? I mean, all these comes more or less from Americana days.

Can somebody please help me to know what's the difference with the band musically comparing WDYGAJ or other fun Offspring songs with CC???

This is just a fun song and that's all. Cmon see the videoclip, it is the same band we always saw having fun one more time. What's the problem? When they decide to say goodbye, then we will all cry.

I understand that there's no reason to like all what your favourite band does, but cmon, I'm sick of reading people blaming about CC being a pop, teen, stupid song. Wait for the album shit, wait and then blame. I'm listening to this song and seeing the video and I really CAN'T understand how an Offspring fan can dislike this, but well, I suppose it is the same here everytime.

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 03:14 AM
I was expecting the video to be more comedic, like Original Prankster and Pretty Fly for a White Guy. I mean, it is obviously meant to be funny, but it's just not nearly as good as PF or OP.

I normally like it when they make fun pop songs, but this one just doesn't hit me the same way the others do.
That's because it wouldn't be punk to do PF or OP again. Times change...

Don't look back too much and give it a time...

Llamas
06-11-2012, 05:32 AM
I think the comment that is the best summary of how people are viewing this song is: "Wow, old men trying to relive the past." That's kinda how I see it, too, sadly...

The Search Button
06-11-2012, 06:13 AM
What's the problem with trying to relive the past? Isn't that why we keep photographs and records?

Why do people care so much about what other people think, do or comment?

I fend for myself. Oh, The Search Button, you pretentious, self-righteous, punkster!

Krojd
06-11-2012, 06:19 AM
The Search Button +1

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 06:52 AM
I think the comment that is the best summary of how people are viewing this song is: "Wow, old men trying to relive the past." That's kinda how I see it, too, sadly...
I'm not sure I understand you. So, it's sad that fans see them like that, right?

Why do people care so much about what other people think, do or comment?
Yeah, people shouldn't care so much about what other people think, but still it's an interesting parameter.