PDA

View Full Version : what has the offspring done for you

yeti152
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
i just wanted to see how the offspring has changed lives or made good times with their fans

I had a lot of rough times the last few years like losing my home and my way of life through their music they helped me get the courage and strength to walk through

favorite song for the time was defy you

DMelges
06-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Helped me through some rough 10 years. I can definitely say I wouldn't be the same person I am today if it weren't for The Offspring. Have an offspring tattoo on my arm to prove it :) Their music is in my blood and soul.

joshgenis
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
i weighed 200 pounds and i felt so bad about myself. i never had motivation to workout and make a change. i discovered the offspring and when i was listening to songs like "all i want" "long way home" and "meaning of life" it gave me such an adrenaline rush and it just made me want to move. i hated running but it became such an awesome experience when your sprinting as hard as you can while hearing "ALLL I WAAAANT" blasting in your ears. thanks to there motivation i lost 50 pounds and just finished running my first marathon, listening to a lot of offspring along the way :)

the hitcher
06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
thers so many songs of the offspring thats got me through shity times
and still is getting me through.
but i cant not go without mensioning the good times with the offspring:)

but they are so many diffrent emosions that the songs help with.

Puschka
06-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I became a fan in 2002 (when I was 15) and I've been listening to them every single day, when I'm happy, sad, angry and If I can if I want to preserve a special occasion I put one song so then that song brings me back to that moment. I've grown with them! thanks offspring!:D

TheNooseIsFalling
06-09-2012, 04:06 PM
When I was a lot younger, they helped me drive away girls from me when I tried, and subsequently failed miserably to rip off Dexter's hairstyle :( :D

Britpunk
06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
When I was a lot younger, they helped me drive away girls from me when I tried, and subsequently failed miserably to rip off Dexter's hairstyle :( :D

Hah me too! My braids were just terrible. What was I thinking?

TeddyBear_Army
06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I am who I am (and proud of who I am) because of them. The Meaning Of Life pretty much describes the way I live.

TheJakes84
06-09-2012, 04:19 PM
musically, they've have changed everything from my life to my sucky relationships with men. I am in love with their music and like them for being themselves. :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-09-2012, 04:28 PM
i weighed 200 pounds and i felt so bad about myself. i never had motivation to workout and make a change. i discovered the offspring and when i was listening to songs like "all i want" "long way home" and "meaning of life" it gave me such an adrenaline rush and it just made me want to move. i hated running but it became such an awesome experience when your sprinting as hard as you can while hearing "ALLL I WAAAANT" blasting in your ears. thanks to there motivation i lost 50 pounds and just finished running my first marathon, listening to a lot of offspring along the way :)
Wow! Good job.

(See bottom for the short version)
The Offspring introduced me to more pop-punk bands and thankfully more punk bands which lead me to many other sub-genres of punk (why does everyone hate ska-punk? :)). I used to always listen to a lot of classic rock, some Alt Metal, and some metal. Now I primarily listen to punk (and it's sub-genres) and I love it. I still like the other rock genres, but punk it my new found favorite. If it weren't for The Offspring, I might just be another lame tasteless teenager listening to the poppiest of pop music (probably not, but there's a chance it would have worked out that way).

I also listen to The Offspring if I'm angry, if I'm sad, if I'm happy, or if I'd like to become happy. Their music always suits my mood (depending on which album and songs of course). The majority of punk does that for me, but The Offspring are the best at it.

I should also give some credit to Rise Against for keeping me away from pop. I found them, gained a hatred for pop, listened to less classic rock, got bored of RA, decided to look for a better band, thought to myself "what was that amazing band I heard being played a couple years ago?", found crisp246's YouTube channel and listened to every Offspring song he had (he only had Ixnay, Americana, and Conspiracy of One at the time). I listened to The Offspring like crazy and then found my other favorite punk artists. I still like Rise Against, but I can't listen to them every day like I do The Offspring.

Long story short:
The Offspring has refined my musical preferences into something with a little taste. They lead me to my favorite genre.

jsmak84
06-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I listen to The Offspring now quite a bit was the 96 to 97 or so when I started to follow them, and from there in no time became my favorite band. Then I grew up very much, I discovered other musical genres and currents from the dark goth industrial to post-punk etc etc. ....... But they have always remained the number one for me.
Their music has helped me overcome many moments of my life very hard and still does today!
Now are in harmony with their sound, and runs through my blood and soul.

If I'm still here ...... I have to thank them and their wonderful music.

They have given me the strength to go forward, to change and grow .....

They gave me the greatest gift anyone can receive, I have made ​​known to the music!

Outerspaceman21
06-09-2012, 07:08 PM
They turned me onto punk rock, alternative rock and rock music in general. Though them, I discovered some of my favorite bands like Bad Religion, Strung Out, A Wilhelm Scream, Bad Brains, etc. They also made High School easier. Whenever it got real shitty, music (and The Offspring by extension) made is less stressful. And probably the most important was they helped me identify myself and figure out what kind of person I was. I know that sounds kinda weird, but I think the kind of music a person listens to defines them, given that music is such an important part of our lives, and I like to think that the Offspring music has defined me in small, but noticeable ways.

evy
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
their music helped me through the roughest periods of my life, learning to cope with the dead of my mom, living in foster homes and never belong... I was always different and never fitted in because everyone thought it was strange when you donīt live with your parents... they helped me to become stronger, a fighter and gave me hope. I have to believe in myself and push to my own limits and beyond to go further in life.It sure hurts everyday but listening to the music of the offspring helped me and still does to hang on and donīt give up... so they helped me to grow up in the past 13 years and i hope they continue for a lot of years to come ! ;)

dorkrockcorkrod
06-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Well, the Offspring were the first band I ever called my favorite. And because they were such a big influence on me when I was younger, I got into the bands that inspired them or that they said they liked - Bad Religion, TSOL, AFI, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, Social Distortion, etc. Basically, because of them, I got into punk rock, which has definitely changed my life for the better. I was a bit of a misfit all through middle and high school and going to punk shows gave me a sense of belonging that I hadn't really felt before. I don't consider the Offspring my favorite band anymore (Jawbreaker's my favorite now) but they're definitely one of the most important bands in my life, I'd say. :)