PDA

View Full Version : DGB length revealed?

Britpunk
06-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Apologies if somebody already posted similar.
http://bit.ly/KpxIEi

This Ebay listing has the track lengths listed as follows:

The Future Is Now 00:04:09
Secrets From The Underground 00:03:10
Days Go By 00:04:01
Turning Into You 00:03:42
Hurting As One 00:02:50
Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) 00:03:31
All I Have Left Is You 00:05:19
OC Guns 00:04:08
Dirty Magic 00:04:01
I Wanna Secret Family (With You) 00:03:02
Dividing By Zero 00:02:23
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell 00:02:36

So I make that a total running length of 42:52

Obviously I can't confirm this, but CC and DGB checks out...

Britpunk
06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
confirmed here too:
http://www.sonymusic.ch/The-Offspring/Days-Go-By/P/2335155/B/88697647632
(http://www.sonymusic.ch/The-Offspring/Days-Go-By/P/2335155/B/88697647632)

mrXniick
06-09-2012, 12:35 PM
over 5 minutes for "All I have Left Is You" ... wow

Also, after reading recent interviews, I was hoping dividing by zero, spdtrtartbth would be longer

cool 2 hate 681
06-09-2012, 12:36 PM
so it's going to be shorter then rafrag?

the hitcher
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Also, after reading recent interviews, I was hoping dividing by zero, spdtrtartbth would be longer

i was going to say over 5 minutes damn, this song is going to be
intresting!

Greekoldfan
06-09-2012, 12:50 PM
All I Have Left Is You 00:05:19 I think that's their longest song after pay the man.very interesting..

TripleDK
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
This definitely made All I Have Left Is You more interesting:p:D

Also, it's good to hear they're not pulling another Splinter on us in terms of album-length.:o:rolleyes:

TheJakes84
06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
so it's going to be shorter then rafrag?

I know, it is what it is.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Huh, I don't know what to expect from All I Have Left is You now. Actually, coming to think of it, I was thinking that if it turned out to be like Fix You then it would be their only other song that I can't stand, but the lyrics probably won't be anything like Fix You, so yeah, this 5 mins plus lenght does sound very very exciting now

killboybowerhead
06-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Sad break up ballads tend to run about 5 minutes... Im glad secret family is short.

the hitcher
06-09-2012, 01:51 PM
only a matter of time before we find out.
not long.

jacknife737
06-09-2012, 01:52 PM
To be honest, a five minute song has me a little nervous ( i tend to think a lot of songs that are well over 3.5-4 minutes are often way to long): but there are always exceptions and i'm sure this is one of them.

At 2.5 minutes, Slim Pickens is pretty much guaranteed to be a fast/punk track, which is awesome.

the hitcher
06-09-2012, 01:55 PM
i did imagine hurting as one would be longer.

holland25
06-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Pass Me By should have been a 5-minute track. Hmmm...

DMelges
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I don't mind some songs being short, as long as they're kick ass good.

Titus
06-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Dividing by zero and slim pickens are their fastest/shortest songs since Da Hui.
I think all I have left is you is going to be awesome. Noodles said it is an old song that they have been working on. I think that song is going to be the surprise...

Titus
06-09-2012, 02:17 PM

I have the same feeling. And the word surprise popped up in my mind

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Apologies if somebody already posted similar.
http://bit.ly/KpxIEi

This Ebay listing has the track lengths listed as follows:

The Future Is Now 00:04:09
Secrets From The Underground 00:03:10
Days Go By 00:04:01
Turning Into You 00:03:42
Hurting As One 00:02:50
Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) 00:03:31
All I Have Left Is You 00:05:19
OC Guns 00:04:08
Dirty Magic 00:04:01
I Wanna Secret Family (With You) 00:03:02
Dividing By Zero 00:02:23
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell 00:02:36

So I make that a total running length of 42:52

Obviously I can't confirm this, but CC and DGB checks out...
If All I Have Left Is You is an amazing track, I'm so happy that it's 5 minutes long. If it's slow, I hope it's slow like Gone Away and not Fix You slow.

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell being over 2 minutes long has also made my day. I was worried that it was going to be really good but only 40 seconds long or something.

I'm excited for Dividing By Zero, Hurting As One, Turning Into You, and Secrets From The Underground as well. They all have nice lengths to be punk songs.

I like what you're saying.

BagOfShenanigans
06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't write off any of the Offspring's short songs.

All I Want, All Along, Nitro, Don't Pick it Up, A Thousand Days, Elders, Staring at the Sun, No Brakes, Head Around You, and DUI were all awesome songs, and lasted less than 3 minutes.

Jojan
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM

Also, after reading recent interviews, I was hoping dividing by zero, [Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell] would be longer

I got the opposite impression. That those two songs would be fast and under three minutes each. I almost start to think that "Days Go By" and "Crusing California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)" will be the two worst songs off the album.

And I hope that "All I Have Left Is You" is not a slow song.

Defender
06-09-2012, 04:23 PM
If All I Have Left Is You is an amazing track, I'm so happy that it's 5 minutes long. If it's slow, I hope it's slow like Gone Away and not Fix You slow.

I guess it is like "Denial,Revisited" part 2

Britpunk
06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Ooh - dunno if this has been seen elsewhere, so again sorry if it has. The sony site I posted just after OP has an interesting new biography:

http://www.sonymusic.ch/The-Offspring/Biographie

Using google translate from the german, but these bits caught my eye:

fluctuates "OC Guns" südkalifornischem between reggae and mariachi sounds.

The album closes with the two speed-punk marches "Dividing by Zero" and "Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell".

Whether in the humorous story about the founding of a second family with a stripper in "I Want to Secret Family (With You)" or in the anti-authoritarian "Secrets from the Underground" - The Offspring hold nothing back.

Noodles said: "Some songs have a deep meaning and I hope they reach the people on the other hand, I certainly hope that they laugh at the funny numbers and if they like everything that is of course the better..." says "We take our albums for ourselves," Holland. "After that, we feel great and if we can pass on to others, this is much better

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't write off any of the Offspring's short songs.

All I Want, All Along, Nitro, Don't Pick it Up, A Thousand Days, Elders, Staring at the Sun, No Brakes, Head Around You, and DUI were all awesome songs, and lasted less than 3 minutes.

And Dammit I Changed Again, Huck It, Session, LAPD, Forever And A Day, Mission From God, Leave It Behind, Cool To Hate, Mota, The Meaning Of Life, Way Down The Line, Crossroads, Beheaded, You're Gonna Go Far Kid, Takes Me Nowhere, Not The One, Never Gonna Find Me and Da Hui!

You're right. They do have a lot of good songs that are under 3 minutes.

Stylie
06-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell being over 2 minutes long has also made my day. I was worried that it was going to be really good but only 40 seconds long or something.

After just seeing the title (not reading anything about it), I thought maybe it would be a long, like instrumental song. It's really different from them to have a title like that (and it is AWESOME!), and songs with long titles like that are often long instrumental songs. That's the impression I got.

But that was wrong, and now I can't wait to hear it, it will certainly be awesome!

Degstur Lolland
06-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Looking great, 42:51. :cool:

AIHLIY really seems like Pass Me By. :eek:

the hitcher
06-09-2012, 06:32 PM
this is gettin realy exiting with the different possabilitys of the range
of songs.
like what we've heard, dgb,cc,tfin.
its looks like its gonna be a awsome mixed bag.

tylercosgrove1989
06-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Only about a little over 2 weeks and we will all be on here discussing these songs after actually hearing them. I'm starting to get really excited.

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 01:06 AM
AIHLIY really seems like Pass Me By. :eek:

I don't think it is, if you read the UG interview with noodles he says they have a song from at lest 8 years that they think it's just not ready... that could be the obsessed pmb

NoGuessing
06-10-2012, 01:23 AM

From UG interview

“All I Have Is You” is filled with these little guitar lines that come and go. Is that just you experimenting?

A lot of times, yeah. And a lot of times Dexter and I will go back and forth and try different things. That song is such a simple structure and really kind of stripped down at the beginning and in the verses. That’s an old, old song that he’s been workin’ on at least since the last record. It’s changed quite a bit and he finally got it to where we all really like it so we ended up going with that. All those little things you just throw ‘em on there and see where they work and how much do we use ‘em? Should it be in this part and that part and that part or just this part and that part? Or should we change it a little bit between the two parts?

The vibes I'm getting are I Could have Lied (RHCP) and Fix You more than Gone Away or Amazed here. Either way it sounds awesome.

Could be very wrong of course.

NoGuessing
06-10-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm a bit sad Slim Pickens isn't longer because I'm keen for another Pay The Man or Change The World more than a Conspiracy of One type song, but I haven't heard it yet so meh.

Marco
06-10-2012, 04:00 AM
From UG interview

The vibes I'm getting are I Could have Lied (RHCP) and Fix You more than Gone Away or Amazed here. Either way it sounds awesome.

Could be very wrong of course.
Thank you so much for posting this! I really enjoyed reading the interview, didn't know UG had done it.

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 06:11 AM
does anybody have the link to the ug interview?

edit: nvm, found it.

Dirty Magic
06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
As we get closer to the release, has anyone found any websites that have 30 second samples of the album yet? I remember about 2 weeks before RAFRAG (or maybe even longer than that), the Amazon UK or France site had 30 second clips of the whole album.

Britpunk
06-10-2012, 08:33 AM
As we get closer to the release, has anyone found any websites that have 30 second samples of the album yet? I remember about 2 weeks before RAFRAG (or maybe even longer than that), the Amazon UK or France site had 30 second clips of the whole album.

Not yet. Am searching regularly. Reckon Amazon US or iTunes store will be first.

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm starting to think that since it's already the 10th and next sunday I'm gonna see the band I can resist without any listening, nor 30sec preview or leaks.... don't know :D

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm starting to think that since it's already the 10th and next sunday I'm gonna see the band I can resist without any listening, nor 30sec preview or leaks.... don't know :D

beh, ascolti le musiche, eh?! per xe aspettare il 26 giugno se può ascoltare le canzioni prima, cazzo?!

(sorry about my botched italian, I'm brazilian and italian is pretty fucking hard to learn.)

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 09:38 AM
beh, ascolti le musiche, eh?! per xe aspettare il 26 giugno se può ascoltare le canzioni prima, cazzo?!

(sorry about my botched italian, I'm brazilian and italian is pretty fucking hard to learn.)

Oh don't worry, It was almost fine :) I wanna wait this time because usually I listened to the album way before the release, but if it's a matter of a couple of days maybe I can wait. I always said I was going to listen to any leak, but this time things are going slow, so maybe I can wait :)

Oh and here it comes out the 22nd :D

Degstur Lolland
06-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I don't think it is, if you read the UG interview with noodles he says they have a song from at lest 8 years that they think it's just not ready... that could be the obsessed pmb
Of course, I have read it. Didn't he say 12 years which would be CO1 demo.

AIHLIY, that’s an old, old song that he’s been workin’ on at least since the last record. Which suggests RFRG demo. RFRG had 24 demos. He is not very specific here, PMB could have appeared on RFRG, Dexter talked about PMB so I'm sure it was considered for RFRG, there is a chance it really is PMB, maybe not a really big chance, but it's definitely intriguing. I mean old old song!? Would you say old old for the last album? Then we have 5 minutes.

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh don't worry, It was almost fine :) I wanna wait this time because usually I listened to the album way before the release, but if it's a matter of a couple of days maybe I can wait. I always said I was going to listen to any leak, but this time things are going slow, so maybe I can wait :)

Oh and here it comes out the 22nd :D

dunque, per favore, scrive un review quando ascoltare le canzoni.

mio italiano è quase buono, eh? me piace l'italiano, è molto bello, però è un idioma troppo dificile da imparare. gia hai tentato imparare/parlare portughese? credo che anche sarà molto difficile per te.

Dexter_italy
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
dunque, per favore, scrive un review quando ascoltare le canzoni.

mio italiano è quase buono, eh? me piace l'italiano, è molto bello, però è un idioma troppo dificile da imparare. gia hai tentato imparare/parlare portughese? credo che anche sarà molto difficile per te.

I took some portuguese class almost 10 years ago :D I just could say my name and basic stuff, but it wasn't too hard. I learnt some spanish too, but nothing beats russian for now, believe me :D
As for the songs I'm sure that as soon as it's sold there will be tons of reviews

TeddyBear_Army
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I took some portuguese class almost 10 years ago :D I just could say my name and basic stuff, but it wasn't too hard. I learnt some spanish too, but nothing beats russian for now, believe me :D
As for the songs I'm sure that as soon as it's sold there will be tons of reviews

Yeah, but I wanna hear a offspring fan perspective on the new songs!

yeah, a friend of mine is learning russian and she says it's pretty egregious.