PDA

View Full Version : Very bad review of CC by LA TIMES ...

RonWelty
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/06/america-dont-hate-us-for-the-offsprings-cruising-california.html

"Honestly, we didn't think we'd encounter the words "the Offspring" printed anywhere outside of a KROQ-FM festival." OUCH!

tylercosgrove1989
06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh well. To hell with that article.

RonWelty
06-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh well. To hell with that article.

if it was a amateur blog or some small zine review I wouldn't care, but we're talking about LA TIMES. This is the only big newspaper that usually does big articles about the band...

malepunker
06-11-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree with that article. It doesn't mean the whole album is gonna suck thouh. I still got some hope. Fingers crossed!

The truth may hurt now, but with a lot o luck it'll get to them and make them change their minds about some stuff they do.
We all know Dexter is very smart and totally capable of better music.

Mark Rooster
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
While I don't really disagree with anything the reviewer says in this article, it kinda bums me out that people think of Offspring as a "novelty act." Their last album had no goofy pop songs, and they even put out "Days Go By" before "Cruising California."

They must've known, though, that they were taking a risk putting out a song like "Cruising California," knowing some people, fans, critics, would hate it.

RazielSR
06-11-2012, 09:55 AM
They must've known, though, that they were taking a risk putting out a song like "Cruising California," knowing some people, fans, critics, would hate it.

Oh yes, and do you really think they didn't know that would happen?

findout5
06-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Dance fuckers dance! lol
Bad reviews for the song are to be expected. It is a bad song after all.
Fanboys can be silenced via moderator edits, but there's no shutting up the media!
There's 11 other tracks on the record. Fingers crossed for them! I'm still optimistic based on the other 3 we've heard!

MOTO13
06-11-2012, 10:13 AM
The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.

tylercosgrove1989
06-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't agree with it at all. I happen to love Cruising California. They wanted to do something different, they did, and they are proud of it. It's still as simple as if you don't like it, don't listen to it. Get over it. It's not 1994 anymore. And yeah there are a lot of songs about California. To me, it seems like it shouldn't bother anyone. Why does everyone have to take everything so seriously? Why can't everyone stop being so uptight and try to have a good time? I know it sucks mostly because it is from the LA times, but I still say to hell with it.

tylercosgrove1989
06-11-2012, 10:14 AM
The Offpring want to put out these dumbass goofy songs, then they deserve to get torn apart and forgotten. Why? Cause the songs are absolutely horrible. They have released some all time shit in the past 2-3albums for radio airplay. Original Prankster...one of the stupidest fucking songs ever. Hit That and Pretty Fly for a White Guy are also on the dumbass loser list. And they are proud of this crap? And now we have CC (BIMT). I mean does ANYONE really listen to these songs other than the occaisional radio airplay? Do you go home at night and really want to listen to this stuff? I have never wanted to hear those songs again after hearing them on the radio...ever.

Thats your opinion based on your taste in music. I love all those songs and yes I go home and listen to all those songs often.

tylercosgrove1989
06-11-2012, 10:16 AM
And you know what else? If you want to talk shit about the Offspring start your own "I hate the offspring message board." No one can stop you. But I don't think the band would appreciate all these hateful words on their own website.

Chainsaw
06-11-2012, 10:20 AM

They're fun songs and I do enjoy listening to them. Except WDYGAJ, pretty sick of that one, but only because I've listened to it too much!

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 10:21 AM

I actually listen to CC more than days go by... Yours' one of those useless comments, just like mine

samseby
06-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I agree with that article. [...]
So do I (maybe it's a little harsh but still ...), and yup, it's the LA Times. So much for a single song can't have an "impact" on a band's "image" in a way :( Well, maybe there's humourless/immature people working there too?! :p
Interesting and kind of sad at the same time to see that CC has stirred way more attention than TFIN and DGB ...

The Search Button
06-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Did. Not. Read. Lolz.

Kiss my ass L.A.Times.

Also, I like the song.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Meh, show me a positive review about CC, that'd be big news.

These are just articles though, I think the really sad part is the hate-filled user comments, like on this site:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/sweet-merciful-crap-this-is-the-new-offspring-vide,80973/

And sadly, contrary to popular belief around here, the haters do "get" the song, do enjoy feelgood hits and do like the ban... awright, I'll stop before I overstay my welcome :) We've argued about this enough in CC's own thread.

Dragnet
06-11-2012, 11:20 AM
This article is is right I think. CC will probably be a reason for a lot of people to completely write off The Offspring and not buy the album. The record company wanted to make it a single, which only show that they don't give a shit at all. They probably heard autotune and their eyes went all dollar signs. As a pretty fucked up kind of Intermission on the record I could have accepted this song but, well...
This song has been discussed to death. Nothing to add here without attracting all the fanboys here so go on and shred the article. :cool:

bouncingcoles
06-11-2012, 11:29 AM
This is one persons opinion who happens to write for the LA times. It doesnt matter....

BagOfShenanigans
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
I finally listened to the song. I thought it was freaking hilarious.

Sure, it isn't punk rock. Sure, it sounds like something Ark Music Factory might write. Sure, it may be generic. But I laughed my ass off.

cool 2 hate 681
06-11-2012, 11:49 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/06/america-dont-hate-us-for-the-offsprings-cruising-california.html

"Honestly, we didn't think we'd encounter the words "the Offspring" printed anywhere outside of a KROQ-FM festival." OUCH!

or in the la times which dexter did a interview with in 2008

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-ca-offspring15-2008jun15,0,1497135.story

killboybowerhead
06-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I love why dont you get a job, pretty fly and most jokey songs. The offspring are very topical writers - white guy tries to act ghetto etc. I think their critique or joke in this song is lost because it is just another example of what you're talking about. It's like a painter painting a picture of a photographer photographing the homeless... Is the painter any better?

dff_punk
06-11-2012, 12:28 PM
What is more sad is that those negative reviews might affect a lot of neutral people who will first read about it, then hear it and automatically dislike it. And maybe even join the complaining bandwagon in the comments and try to come up with the most witty-sarcastic remark on how this song sucks just to fit in and gain some respect in an internet community. Way to go, fucking posers with no opinion.

DMelges
06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
I really think people need to get a life. So they made a pop song (which still isn't that different from Pretty Fly or Original Prankster), so fucking what? "oh my god a band made a different song, let me go write horrible things about them on the newspaper for everyone in the world to see."

Get a life. Yes this pisses me off.

0r4ng3
06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
"oh my god a band made a different song, let me go write horrible things about them on the newspaper for everyone in the world to see."
Well I mean, that's kinda what they're supposed to do. They get paid to review songs and albums and whatnot. If you've already made up your mind, then you're not the intended audience. Not everyone can like the same things you like. And so what if it turns people away? Does that really matter? The band and the song still exist regardless of reviews, so you can still listen to your heart's content.

Mark Rooster
06-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I love this band and almost every song they've ever done, but if I worked for the LA Times and was assigned to review this song, I'd have to give it a negative write-up. Now, I wouldn't make fun of the band like they do in this article, but I couldn't seriously give a positive review to this song just because I want to.

Krojd
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I dont give a damn what they said in LA times.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2012, 01:09 PM
This song marks a major departure for the band. Whether you like what they did with this song or not, I think it's to be expected that there's going to be some blowback from music critics. And that's okay. Chances are what these critics are writing isn't going to change your mind regardless of what side of the fence you're on when it comes to this song.

MOTO13
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
It just seems that they consistently pick the worst songs to release as singles for the past several albums. It is almost like they people want to think they are a goofy ass little pop band instead of anything punk. Cause like it or not, it seems like that is what they have turned into.

DMelges
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Well I mean, that's kinda what they're supposed to do. They get paid to review songs and albums and whatnot. If you've already made up your mind, then you're not the intended audience. Not everyone can like the same things you like. And so what if it turns people away? Does that really matter? The band and the song still exist regardless of reviews, so you can still listen to your heart's content.

It might be their "job", but what I don't like is the fact that they ignore every single possibility of why this song was written, and also disregard every other awesome song the band has written throughout the years. That's the thing, you see much more negative reviews about anything than you do see positive ones.

Like you said, if people turn away and whatever, doesn't matter. But I hate seeing people saying bad stuff about my favorite band. I mean I took a while to get used to this song, and of course I was shocked when I first heard it, but that's it for me. They're still an awesome band with awesome songs, and they have this one song, which is as I find myself arguing all the time, not different than Pretty Fly. CC is a more modern version of Pretty Fly.

Anyway, really no use in saying so much. These days, saying something bad about anything has a bigger effect than saying something good. So someone suddenly saying this much negativity just because of ONE song out of more than 100 songs, pisses me off.

A band is not defined by their new single. It's defined by their history and their shows.

DMelges
06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
It just seems that they consistently pick the worst songs to release as singles for the past several albums. It is almost like they people want to think they are a goofy ass little pop band instead of anything punk. Cause like it or not, it seems like that is what they have turned into.

They don't always choose the single. It probably has more to do with their management, since they need to pick the songs that MOST people will enjoy, and not just the hardcore punk fans. Trust In You is an awesome song, but would never be successful as a single to the majority of people.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 02:00 PM

So...hit that, cgmhay, hammerhead, yggfk, kristy...the only goofy song here is hit that, if you look back to americana, I don't think they put out the worst songs. they put out catchy and cool songs.

Pretty fly - catchy pop-rock
wdygaj - catchy pop
kids - punk rock
she's got issues - pop rock
-
OP - Catchy pop-rock
want you bad - punk rock
MMA - punk rock
-
hit that - catchy pop (rock)
cgmhay - punk rock
-
hammerhead - fucking punk rock
yggfk - pop rock
kristi - rock ballad

days go by - rock song
cc - pop song

your opinion doesn't sussist really... they just put out catchy songs that cand do well.
we have to like the song? of course not, but they have put out rock\punk\pop single in alternate times

0r4ng3
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Most bands do this, and I agree it is kind of lame. However on their last album they did start with Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far Kid, arguably the two best songs on the album. On the other hand, they seem to be generating more buzz on this album, having picked two very radio-friendly songs. So essentially the reason they do this is because it works.

And Dan, I understand what you mean about their reputation. Back when they were my favorite band (disclaimer: I still like them) most people around me knew them as "that band that did Pretty Fly". History and shows are the most important to people that actually care enough to get into it enough, and therein lie the rewards. If people get turned away by a few pop songs and a bad review, well hey that's their loss.

Llamas
06-11-2012, 02:09 PM
"...arriving with an attitude that was seemingly time-capsuled in pre-women's suffrage America. Look, we expect nonsense from Katy Perry, an artist who regularly shoots substances -- fire, frosting, dignity -- out of her bra. On the other side of the spectrum, we expect grown men in their mid-40s to not use the word "caboose" in reference to anything other than working on the railroad."

This. So, so much.

Also, this:

"if "Cruising California" is meant to be absurd, then the band should have done more than deliver pandering, Carly Rae Jespen synths and a video in which a gaggle of senior citizens and tweens ogle barely-clothed strippers."

I seriously gave this song a great shot... I didn't care for it from the first listen, but I kept trying. I listened to it many, many times, and held out for the video, hoping that the video would somehow redeem the song just a bit. But the song and video in conjunction really annoy the shit out of me and kinda gross me out. I know the fans act as though they don't care if another fan is lost, but this does put me on the brink. Of course there's much more to it than just this song/video, but this is kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm still going to give the album a chance, and I'm sure to like a few songs off it... but CC tells me a lot about this band at this point, and I don't like it.

The LA Times article, and the AV Club article to an extent, reflect how I feel about this song and this band. I'm just really disappointed, after so many years of being a fan. I don't think they are saying "fuck our fans!" at all; I think this is just part of their nature, and it's something that I wish had remained unseen.

DMelges
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
And Dan, I understand what you mean about their reputation. Back when they were my favorite band (disclaimer: I still like them) most people around me knew them as "that band that did Pretty Fly". History and shows are the most important to people that actually care enough to get into it enough, and therein lie the rewards. If people get turned away by a few pop songs and a bad review, well hey that's their loss.

Yeah you're right. I guess I have a bad habit (punt intended) of defending fiercefully what I love. I don't love CC but I definetly prefer it 100% over Bieber and racy rap songs out there. CC is at least a fun song and you can tell the band had fun recording it, and that's enough for me. Should be fun live. ;)

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
A blougw.

Tru punx like Moto, Findout and Dragnet.

A good quality song CC BIMT using unusual genres for The Offspring.

If we are going to take the blougw as a constructive criticism instead of a tendentious negativity, maybe Noodles should go back to a janitor job and The Offspring should make funny songs about hard labour in California except without a word caboose because you can't use it as an artist in mid 40s. Plus, it should be a law that it's forbidden to go to beaches and while we are at it, maybe the blougw is ashamed and so sorry about California's trashy bitches.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I really wonder what you "disappointed fans" would have thought if the song wasn't released as a single. I was more disappointed with when your in prison for example, because there was no song and the album was already ended...

0r4ng3
06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
CC is at least a fun song and you can tell the band had fun recording it, and that's enough for me. Should be fun live. ;)
I do agree that it looks like they had fun doing the whole deal for the song. Sometimes I wonder if they do the punk thing just to pay the bills and they feel like the pop songs are their true calling. But yes, I realize it's kind of a silly thought.

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
That article was dead on, period. I hate this song.

mrconeman
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I thought it was a great review actually.
In that it's accurate.

Llamas
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I really wonder what you "disappointed fans" would have thought if the song wasn't released as a single. I was more disappointed with when your in prison for example, because there was no song and the album was already ended...
The video was what really made me hate it, and the simple fact that they released this song as a single didn't help at all. So if it wasn't a single, it'd probably annoy me about as much as Spare Me the Details does (as in, don't like it, skip it, haven't listened to it in years... but it doesn't get attention, so I don't talk about it).

That article was dead on, period. I hate this song.

I thought it was a great review actually.
In that it's accurate.

These posts. Yes, these posts.

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I still kinda think that if this song sparks so much controversy it's good for the band even with the aura that only positive things are accepted or something like that...

So bitch more, as trashy as you can, please. Let's make it Platinum like the other thread. :d

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
But once you know it was the label idea...why keep saying the band has done this and that? this is what bothers me a little... we know this as a fact, they didn't want the song as a single, at least not as the first one.

KHWHD
06-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Fuck 'em, it's a great song! :p

Llamas
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
But once you know it was the label idea...why keep saying the band has done this and that? this is what bothers me a little... we know this as a fact, they didn't want the song as a single, at least not as the first one.

They said they didn't want this song as a single? Where? And they still went along with that horrid video.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
They said they didn't want this song as a single? Where? And they still went along with that horrid video.

It's on a couple of interviews they did recently, if anyone can post the link I don't recall which exactly.
About the video I don't know it fits the song, I understand some wanted it to be funnier, but in the end it's taste. I like it. I can't blame them for that asian chick on the bus :D

mrconeman
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
It's on a couple of interviews they did recently, if anyone can post the link I don't recall which exactly.

Translation: This never actually happened and I really hoped nobody would call me on it, so that I could wildly defend the bands horrible choices by blaming the (man) corporate record companies, and come out with trupunx credibility.

About the video I don't know it fits the song, I understand some wanted it to be funnier, but in the end it's taste. I like it.

Translation: I am in obscene amounts of denial that my favourite band has made a terrible song, so I'm just going to call it satire to come out with arty/hip cred.

I can't blame them for that asian chick on the bus
Translation: I am a pervert. With no standards. With unrealistic expectations of femininity.

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, I don't think they are retarded and kinda figured or must have known it'd be a single or very demanded by the label, it's just too obvious.

I think it was a smart move, I guess Dexter said that even big bands, today, are gone, you make a new album and it doesn't last for too long. So I think the 1st single combo is a great move. If it doesn't last long, make a huge and quick punch.

The band said that they wanted DGB as the 1st single, but the label wanted CC. I don't remember them strictly not wanting it. So they made the deal.

Dexter_italy
06-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Translation: This never actually happened and I really hoped nobody would call me on it, so that I could wildly defend the bands horrible choices by blaming the (man) corporate record companies, and come out with trupunx credibility.

Translation: I am in obscene amounts of denial that my favourite band has made a terrible song, so I'm just going to call it satire to come out with arty/hip cred.

Translation: I am a pervert. With no standards. With unrealistic expectations of femininity.

translation: I've got to much spare time.

Unfortunately for you I think it's a fun song not too much of a satire, but I think talking to you is so unworthy that I won't end thi....

mrconeman
06-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Touché, my friend. Touché.

The point stands though.

edit: nice edit. bra. I like how you put in four fullstops instead of the "s" to end your sentence, making it much longer than it would have been, placing more value on our conversation.

Chainsaw
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM

Pretty sure it was this one: http://www.ess.fi/upload/audio/2012/6/6/dexterholland.mp3

But yeah, he doesn't say the record company forced them or anything.

mrconeman
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
The single order sure. The label probably pressured the band a little to release CC first in some countries ahead of Days Go By. You are completely fucking kidding yourselves however if you think the band weren't going to release this song as a single. I mean. LISTEN TO IT. Seriously. I've never heard a more obvious attempt to write a single.

They also wrote this abomination to music, so stop blaming the record company for it.

sneedo83
06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Seriously. I've never heard a more obvious attempt to write a single.

She's got the look and Scholarship in Punk by Guttermouth may be worse.

Llamas
06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
The single order sure. The label probably pressured the band a little to release CC first in some countries ahead of Days Go By. You are completely fucking kidding yourselves however if you think the band weren't going to release this song as a single. I mean. LISTEN TO IT. Seriously. I've never heard a more obvious attempt to write a single.

They also wrote this abomination to music, so stop blaming the record company for it.

My contributions to this thread have become just quoting you. Seriously, this. As soon as I read the last couple posts before this one, I thought, "Yeah, but they still WROTE this fucking song..." <3 And the song is so obviously written to be a single. Even if they didn't want it as the first single, that makes zero difference.

AD90
06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
At this point, the only hope is that the band hears its fan's displeasure with the song and doesn't bother with it again.

I know that's selfish, but fuck it, it's a disgraceful song.

sneedo83
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Ha, let's keep bitching about it over and over like it'll change anything.

NoGuessing
06-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I like the tune because I do like a bit of pop, but the "my friends are drinking" lyric makes me cringe a bit if it isn't tongue in cheek. That's ignoring the awkward misogyny of the video.

Overall, if they pulled the song from the album I wouldn't complain. I mean, the tune is fun, but while I don't really care about those who write them off for being just pop (because they're wrong), I do care about integrity.

Degstur Lolland
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Do you guys know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang ?

CC could be like a dot in the sign, so it can be seen as integral.

I think that even Taj Mahal has something that doesn't make it 100% symmetric. There must be some asymmetry to make it interesting.

There is another funny song, I Wanna Secret Family (With You), that's probably another dot. :d And I'm actually interested if it's as obvious of a single as CC. Probably not, surely not as controversial, but there is a bitch anyway. :d

There is also OC Guns with Mariachi reggae, but that's a different kind of fun...

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Ha, let's keep bitching about it over and over like it'll change anything.

For once, we agree.

Regardless of how you feel about the song, these are the facts in evidence:

The Offspring wrote "Cruisin' California."
It is now appearing on their album.
Regardless of whether the band, management, or Sony chose it to be the single, all three of those entities would have to approve of it being the single, because that is how the music industry works.
Given that it is the single in most countries of the world, that approval was given

I get that some of you don't like the song (and some of you really, really don't like the song) and aren't sure what to do with your feelings about the band in light of this song existing. I think that's natural. However, trying to blame Sony or management or whomever else isn't going to change the above-mentioned facts being true. I think it's time to accept it and get on with life.

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
For once, we agree.

Regardless of how you feel about the song, these are the facts in evidence:

The Offspring wrote "Cruisin' California."
It is now appearing on their album.
Regardless of whether the band, management, or Sony chose it to be the single, all three of those entities would have to approve of it being the single, because that is how the music industry works.
Given that it is the single in most countries of the world, that approval was given

I get that some of you don't like the song (and some of you really, really don't like the

song) and aren't sure what to do with your feelings about the band in light of this song existing. I think that's natural. However, trying to blame Sony or management or whomever else isn't going to change the above-mentioned facts being true. I think it's time to accept it and get on with life.
You are a buzzkill. Message boards have and always will have dispute. Goodness, you always try to be the voice of reason, but no ones gonna listen.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
In response to the original post:

Of course they're going to write a bad review. It's obviously a shitty song but for some odd reason I still like it. Maybe is cuz its offspring. But we should really give the rest of the songs a chance even if other people don't want to because of the singles

On another hand, the offspring have made some shitty single choices for the last 3 albums.

Splinter, rafrag, and this

Llamas
06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
On another hand, the offspring have made some shitty single choices for the last 3 albums.

Splinter, rafrag, and this

Splinter, CO1 and Americana had the worst single choices besides this one. Weren't YGGFK and SIMU both singles from RFRG? I really like both of those songs.

06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Nah Americana singles were golden. But that just might be the nostalgia. CO1 were alright and Splinter sucked. Hit that and Spare me the details were retarded. They could have picked lightning rod or long way home or Never Gonna Find Me. YGGFK and Hammerhead were great but SIMU wasn't the single. Apparently it was Half Truism. The offspring could have intentionally leaked SIMU similarly to Pretty Fly so that the album would have gotten attention like Americana did. Then the decided to pick Kristy for a single. Man, fuck that song. Nothingtown would have been a better choice than Kristy.

And now CC and Days Go By. Whoever makes the decisions probably want the offspring to fail because the singles for the past three albums have sucked balls

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Nah Americana singles were golden. But that just might be the nostalgia. CO1 were alright and Splinter sucked. Hit that and Spare me the details were retarded. They could have picked lightning rod or long way home or Never Gonna Find Me. YGGFK and Hammerhead were great but SIMU wasn't the single. Apparently it was Half Truism. The offspring could have intentionally leaked SIMU similarly to Pretty Fly so that the album would have gotten attention like Americana did. Then the decided to pick Kristy for a single. Man, fuck that song. Nothingtown would have been a better choice than Kristy.

And now CC and Days Go By. Whoever makes the decisions probably want the offspring to fail because the singles for the past three albums have sucked balls

Someone with some sense..

bouncingcoles
06-11-2012, 06:38 PM

I agree...CC is an abortion of a song...

killboybowerhead
06-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Its a bad song.. but its not entirely horrible. There are parts I like about it. Watching the video some of the band members seem embarrassed. My confusion isn't that they wrote the song... but that they wrote it last and had the nuts to throw it out there as a single and put it smack dab in the middle of the album. You have to allow yourself spontaneity when being creative.. sometimes if you're wishy washy about something its best to put it in a drawer and wait. Look at it later. They really believed in Cruising California for some reason.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-11-2012, 06:51 PM
You are a buzzkill. Message boards have and always will have dispute. Goodness, you always try to be the voice of reason, but no ones gonna listen.
Relentlessly bashing the band on their own message board is a pretty awesome buzz. Fuck anyone who tries to kill it!

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Relentlessly bashing the band on their own message board is a pretty awesome buzz. Fuck anyone who tries to kill it!

Anyone and everyone

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
It gets so serious. And they need to be bashed. i like how people say they have matured as a band. Bullshit. They act like they dont care what they put out. They are full of it. They like money just like the rest of us and thats why they make these stupid songs that stupid people will buy

killboybowerhead
06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I think thats a bit far. They seemed like they were working. Sometimes you think too hard. Id assume maybe they are just picking some of the wrong songs.. I am sure Dexter can crank out fast punk tunes.. but imitating yourself is a fast way to kill creativity.

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I think tbe truth hurts :D

killboybowerhead
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
yea man no pain here. Song sucks.. but I haven't really liked an entire album this century. Doesn't mean I don't really enjoy they're still around and always turn out a few really awesome songs every record.

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
I hear ya. Im really just bustin balls. I will always like them. I just think they make some lame stuff every now and then

06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
But sometimes, who the fuck cares? Just pirate the album if you don't want to waste your money because you think it will suck and if you love the band like I do just fucking buy the whole thing.

And maybe light up a joint or some shit. Works either way

jacknife737
06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
First things first; the music press (especially places like pitchfork and the av club) is essentially entirely populated by a bunch of miserable cynical twats who offer readers nothing but obnoxious dribble in the majority of their articles.

That said I really don't like CC and think it was a poor choice for a single, especially given the band's recentish success with Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far Kid which showed they could achieve mainstream success without having to resort to writing novelty tracks. And in some ways the review sums up my feelings towards the song in question.

But it's fucking perplexing how many of you are crying and whining over the song; if you don't like it just hit "skip" when it comes on.

DarrellOCguy
06-11-2012, 07:37 PM
But sometimes, who the fuck cares? Just pirate the album if you don't want to waste your money because you think it will suck and if you love the band like I do just fucking buy the whole thing.

And maybe light up a joint or some shit. Works either way

Ill always get the album. Thats why theres a skip button

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Bad reviews for the song are to be expected. It is a bad song after all.

The truth has been spoken!

I finally listened to the song. I thought it was freaking hilarious.

Sure, it isn't punk rock. Sure, it sounds like something Ark Music Factory might write. Sure, it may be generic. But I laughed my ass off.
Wow. I thought you were going to make it to June 26. Welcome to the listeners.

I don't love CC but I definetly prefer it 100% over Bieber and racy rap songs out there.
I compared modern pop artists and songs like you suggested to CC in my head, and just for a second I almost liked CC. That feeling left fairly quickly though. Just because it doesn't suck as bad as most of the popular music of today, that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

we know this as a fact, they didn't want the song as a single
I have kept on top of the interviews and I have to say that we do not know that as a fact. I did quote you out of context though.

^Funniest part of this thread^

Honestly, this song sucks. I thought this review was accurate and hilarious. I wasn't a huge fan of the reporter bashing the band, but he's (I have no clue who "Pop and Hiss" are, so for some reason I assumed that they were an individual, male, reporter) welcome to bash the song any time.

Best parts of the article:

we expect grown men in their mid-40s to not use the word "caboose" in reference to anything other than working on the railroad.

so ixnay on the "can't you take a joke" comments.

GamerKT
06-11-2012, 07:50 PM
It gets so serious. And they need to be bashed. i like how people say they have matured as a band. Bullshit. They act like they dont care what they put out. They are full of it. They like money just like the rest of us and thats why they make these stupid songs that stupid people will buy

I think what people mean is that they're capable of mature songs, which they are. They still put fuckin' lalala into a chorus (SIMU), and I respect them for it. I like that they can have dark shit like Lightning Rod and still do silly stuff. They don't give a fuck, either. It's awesome. In my opinion.

keonii7
06-11-2012, 08:23 PM
I love the Offspring, and the album is probably gonna be great, but MAN, they chose the wrong songs for singles. Look at how much hate there was, and still is--
Good marketing would have them use "The Future is Now".

Hairlip
06-11-2012, 08:32 PM
"I know your path has been tried and so
it may seem like the way to go
me, I'd rather be found
trying something new
and the bottom line
in all of this seems to say
there's no right and wrong way
sorry if I don't feel like
living the way you do"

Dexter Holland sang this to all of us in the song Meaning of Life so cut him some slack and if it offends you or you hate it... "Just Don't Listen to it"

will2k
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Original Prankster

Original Prankster

I can get behind this.

TheJakes84
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
"we expect grown men in their mid-40s to not use the word "caboose" in reference to anything other than working on the railroad."

L.A. times can't take a hilarious joke. :rolleyes:

the hitcher
06-11-2012, 10:22 PM
"we expect grown men in their mid-40s to not use the word "caboose" in reference to anything other than working on the railroad."

right ther with you.

weezly
06-12-2012, 03:26 AM
man, this song is a flop. personally i like it, but its a flop, people hate it, i expected it to go number one in nz, but it is not even played. ever.
they probably will regret this song, but its not a bad song, is a fun song.

ad8
06-12-2012, 04:37 AM
So after I read that review, I actually liked the song better. The Offspring wrote that song in order to show that California has its downsides as well, just like any other place. And now this blog author comes along and proves his stupidity by failing to notice the irony in the lyrics. I wonder what he thought/what he would think when/if he listened to Cool To Hate or even better: Beheaded.
Maybe he would like those lyrics better because they are just as full of negativity as he is. And again those lyrics were not meant to be taken literally, so maybe he should listen to Disclaimer first and then think again. :rolleyes:

mrconeman
06-12-2012, 08:10 AM

You have a shockingly underwhelming expectation of the word "hilarious". You should really ask better for yourself.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 08:24 AM

Dude, if grown men talking about a woman's "caboose" is a hilarious joke to you, you must be the easiest audience ever.

Get ready for this one......... why did the chicken cross the road???

Note: Just because something is supposed to be a joke doesn't mean it's actually funny.

Degstur Lolland
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Why so serious?

samseby
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
If it was only the "caboose-thingy" ...

Degstur Lolland
06-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you have a nice caboose, Samseby?

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
So after I read that review, I actually liked the song better. The Offspring wrote that song in order to show that California has its downsides as well, just like any other place. And now this blog author comes along and proves his stupidity by failing to notice the irony in the lyrics. I wonder what he thought/what he would think when/if he listened to Cool To Hate or even better: Beheaded.
Maybe he would like those lyrics better because they are just as full of negativity as he is. And again those lyrics were not meant to be taken literally, so maybe he should listen to Disclaimer first and then think again. :rolleyes:

See, here's the thing...the band's other pop songs have had this ironic or sarcastic overtone to them, but I'm getting none of that on this song. Dexter's even said in interviews that he just wanted to write a pop song about a day in Huntington Beach, with no mention of sarcasm or joking. I get no irony in these lyrics.

-Ignition-
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
See, here's the thing...the band's other pop songs have had this ironic or sarcastic overtone to them, but I'm getting none of that on this song. Dexter's even said in interviews that he just wanted to write a pop song about a day in Huntington Beach, with no mention of sarcasm or joking. I get no irony in these lyrics.

Agreed.

I don't get all of this... Does anyone here even care what the reviews say? I don't anyway. So what if they wrote this song? Watch the interview on the website (I think that is the one I mean) where they talk about their music, what's punkrock and what's not and so on. That's enough for me to know that they don't really care about if it's punk, rock, or whatever, as long as it's music they would like to make. And now they happened to like to do a pop song. I consider myself listening to punkrock music, but that doesn't mean I also like to listen to pop music once in a while. I think they same must go for a band like The Offspring, if they sometimes produce what is considered pop music, who cares? The ones who like it is gonna listen to it, and if you don't like it then skip that track and go ahead and listen to the rest of the album. It's not like every other song they ever did suddenly turned into popsongs. And if the band is meant to be stuffed into some punkrock package and they can never, god forbid!!!!!, break out of it, then that's too bad for all of the cynical, boring, tru punx people out there, cause I think they just did.

People, fans and critics can say whatever they want about the band/this song/new album. I like the band and I happen to like this song too and that's about it. Lucky me who doesn't have to bother about CC as much as some people have to do:cool:

danitanev
06-12-2012, 10:58 AM
if it was a amateur blog or some small zine review I wouldn't care, but we're talking about LA TIMES. This is the only big newspaper that usually does big articles about the band...

Honestly, I don't give a shit about LA Times - for me this means shit!

Llamas
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM

I don't mean this with any offense to anyone (because it's the same for anyone with foreign language lyrics, including myself and German lyrics), but I've noticed that all the people who are finding the song ironic or sarcastic or mocking speak English as a foreign language. I'm thinking this plays a big role here. Songs like Beheaded, Cool to Hate, Bad Habit, DUI, etc... are very, very obviously sarcastic, but this one is just not.

Puschka
06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Now everyone hates it I love it more! Kiss mi ass LATIMES! \o/

ad8
06-12-2012, 01:04 PM
That's right; the way I always thought of it was that they wrote a song that exalts California just like other pop songs, but does it over-the-top enough to clearly be a joke song. Dexter mentioned that California is always presented in a very good light, but that there are some very dark areas to it, as well. But then again, that's just my interpretation and I don't really know what Dexter actually had in mind when he was writing that song. It doesn't sound so much like my interpretation in that new Spinner interview.

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM

what other pop songs? pretty fly original prankster and hit that are not pop songs

Hey Man Where's Everybody
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
what other pop songs? pretty fly original prankster and hit that are not pop songs

Yes, they are. Saying they aren't is basically saying "hello, I don't know the definition of the term 'pop song'. Please, internet people, school me."

killboybowerhead
06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I think pretty fly, original prankster and hit that are much less pop than CC. I think most of us agree its not our favorite offspring song ever. I also am from California and I definitely find the song overly sarcastic.. But really like haven't we all heard enough about Cruising California?

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:16 PM
This song reminds me of a big pile of dog shit i stepped in the other day.

Dexter_italy
06-12-2012, 04:19 PM
This song reminds me of a big pile of dog shit i stepped in the other day.

oh thanks for yuor opinion, we're glad you shared. it really improves the quality of the conversation

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
anytime...

will2k
06-12-2012, 04:31 PM
original prankster

original prankster

This thread keeps getting better.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
This thread keeps getting better.

i miss u :(

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 06:45 PM
You have a shockingly underwhelming expectation of the word "hilarious". You should really ask better for yourself.
You and Baldwin are becoming my new favorite members because of your blunt negative responses to people.

I think pretty fly, original prankster and hit that are much less pop than CC. I think most of us agree its not our favorite offspring song ever.
I'm with you two on this. Pretty Fly, and Original Prankster still had an Offspring vibe to it with some great guitar riffs. Hit That had a pretty good message with a rocking tune. Cruising California sound like quickly generated pop-music with just as shallow of a message. It's much more pop.

oh thanks for yuor opinion, we're glad you shared. it really improves the quality of the conversation
Sarcasm!

BagOfShenanigans
06-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I've decided that I like this song. Not in a "This song is good" kind of way. But more of a "this is going to be stuck in my head for a few days, so I may as well make room." kind of way.

06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I think pretty fly, original prankster and hit that are much less pop than CC.

Absolutely, the songs are a lot more rocking. But they're still pop songs-- structurally, melodically and aesthetically. They follow pop music conventions. The fact that a song has guitar and a "loud" chorus doesn't prevent it from being a pop song. Just look at the Ramones-- they were unabashedly pop music. They tried to write and record perfect pop songs. "Blitzkrieg Bop" is a revolutionary song in punk history, but it's still a pop song.

sneedo83
06-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Absolutely, the songs are a lot more rocking. But they're still pop songs-- aesthetically.

Definition of AESTHETIC

a : of, relating to, or dealing with aesthetics or the beautiful <aesthetic theories>
b : artistic <a work of aesthetic value>
c : pleasing in appearance : attractive <easy-to-use keyboards, clear graphics, and other ergonomic and aesthetic features — Mark Mehler>
: appreciative of, responsive to, or zealous about the beautiful; also : responsive to or appreciative of what is pleasurable to the senses

06-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Definition of AESTHETIC

a : of, relating to, or dealing with aesthetics or the beautiful <aesthetic theories>
b : artistic <a work of aesthetic value>
c : pleasing in appearance : attractive <easy-to-use keyboards, clear graphics, and other ergonomic and aesthetic features — Mark Mehler>
: appreciative of, responsive to, or zealous about the beautiful; also : responsive to or appreciative of what is pleasurable to the senses

Or, as was obviously my intended usage,

Noun:
A set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.

In this case, the aesthetics of pop music.

Sorry you had to look up some of the words in my post. I'll keep it simple next time.

Camila
06-13-2012, 08:13 AM
While we can't speak for all of California, please know that many of us, as much as we may love the Golden State, are tired of rock songs about California. Even we understand that it's time to be inspired by something other than beaches and skinny people, and just in case Anthony Kiedis is reading, it still counts as a "California song" even if it's about a girl whose last name is California.

I talked about this with Manic Subsidal and my friend at the Alex's Bar show. I kind of knew something like this was going to be said.

We don't want to call any more attention to this song and video than is necessary, especially because it quotes a classic from the Ramones and we don't want think of this nightmare when we hear "Blitzkrieg Bop."

Ouch.

Am I still allowed to criticism around here? I sure hope so because I see a lot of unhappy people expressing their opinions without being flamed...

Anyway, now everybody can understand my reaction when I first listened to CC. This is exactly what I was afraid of since Kristy and Fix you. I know the band takes whatever direction they want, but it upsets me that the path they are taking are not solidifying their career as I - as a fan - dreamed it to be; for example, like Bad religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise etc...

PS: Yes, I do not work nor do I have a life. I am also a psychologically disturbed 12-year-old girl trapped in a a 32-year-old woman's body who needs a big penis inside her vagina and comes to the boards to get some attention. So, no need pointing it out.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Oh, come on.

Camila, after that shitstorm you conjured up, it's ridiculously horse-rapey of you to just come back. And still be bitching and whining, at that.

You're allowed to have an opinion on the song, you've just been a complete and utter spaz about it all, and you're still all huffy about everyone's reaction, in that post.

Southern-Man says fuck off, y'all.

06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
horse-rapey
I dig this adjective.

TheJakes84
06-13-2012, 09:51 AM
right ther with you.

Cheers. :o

It is what it is. So be it. :eek:

Dude, if grown men talking about a woman's "caboose" is a hilarious joke to you, you must be the easiest audience ever.

Get ready for this one......... why did the chicken cross the road???

Note: Just because something is supposed to be a joke doesn't mean it's actually funny.

To get to the other side! :rolleyes:

Llamas
06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Am I still allowed to criticism around here? I sure hope so because I see a lot of unhappy people expressing their opinions without being flamed...

Anyway, now everybody can understand my reaction when I first listened to CC. This is exactly what I was afraid of since Kristy and Fix you. I know the band takes whatever direction they want, but it upsets me that the path they are taking are not solidifying their career as I - as a fan - dreamed it to be; for example, like Bad religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise etc...

PS: Yes, I do not work nor do I have a life. I am also a psychologically disturbed 12-year-old girl trapped in a a 32-year-old woman's body who needs a big penis inside her vagina and comes to the boards to get some attention. So, no need pointing it out.

Dude, if you just calmly shared your negative views like other people have been, everything would be fine. I don't preface my posts with "Am I allowed to give criticism?" and then wrap it all up with a snotty, sarcastic comment about how I feel people want to respond to me. Maybe that's part of why I'm able to give my opinion without erupting a thread.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Don't bait her. Hopefully she'll just crawl back into her hole at least until the album and its hype is over. Doesn't matter if she comes back in a few months when there's, you know, no activity, no one to whine to.

Britpunk
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I know the band takes whatever direction they want, but it upsets me that the path they are taking are not solidifying their career as I - as a fan - dreamed it to be; for example, like Bad religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise etc...

Ehh? They have 9 studio albums, have sold what, 36 million albums worldwide, have endured for something like 27-28 years as a band with only 3 personnel changes (all drummers, natch), regularly sell out shows and get pretty high placing at festivals. How much more 'solid' does their career need to be?

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Welcome back, Camila, but The Offspring are innovative which is more precious than just tru punx stuff. Still the half of the album will be fast or dynamic punk rock so don't worry. Spread your tastes with the other half.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Welcome back, Camila, but The Offspring are innovative which is more precious than just tru punx stuff. Still the half of the album will be fast or dynamic punk rock so don't worry. Spread your tastes with the other half.

Five songs of 12 are supposed to be punkish. Personally, that doesn't mean I won't like any other songs (though I already know I don't like CC and am not into DGB)... but let's just say I was purely a punkrawk fan. Albums like Ignition and Smash would be totally worth buying the whole album; an album like this would not be worth buying the whole album. Kind of a silly thing for you to say.

By the way, my tastes are some of the most eclectic on this bbs.

Camila
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Ehh? They have 9 studio albums, have sold what, 36 million albums worldwide, have endured for something like 27-28 years as a band with only 3 personnel changes (all drummers, natch), regularly sell out shows and get pretty high placing at festivals. How much more 'solid' does their career need to be?

Guess I did not explain it well. What I tried to say was that I wished comments like those I quoted or reviews like the one being debated here. It is pretty upsetting.

Thank you?!

Well, I have never complained about all the songs being punk or not. I wanted to say something, but I might be misunderstood again. So better not. =)

(though I already know I don't like CC and am not into DGB)...

I tried; hard. Thought the song was growing one me, but after seeing the video...

I have always listened to completely different things. Couple years ago for instance I went to Arcade Fire and MGMT concerts, last month saw Collective Soul and yesterday The Cult. But the past two years I have been a LOT into heavy metal. Most of the shows I saw this year so far were metal bands, and this summer I am ready for more metal.

KennedyDK
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh, come on.

Camila, after that shitstorm you conjured up, it's ridiculously horse-rapey of you to just come back. And still be bitching and whining, at that.

You're allowed to have an opinion on the song, you've just been a complete and utter spaz about it all, and you're still all huffy about everyone's reaction, in that post.

Southern-Man says fuck off, y'all.

I definetly dont wanna get caught in a shitstorm. That sounds awful

KennedyDK
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
<--By the way the trick is to come back under the radar ;)

nightvision
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
I know the band takes whatever direction they want, but it upsets me that the path they are taking are not solidifying their career as I - as a fan - dreamed it to be; for example, like Bad religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise etc...

Those bands kinda bore me :)

PS.
Welcome to Nothing Board.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I tried; hard. Thought the song was growing one me, but after seeing the video...
Same; exactly the same. I tried so hard... and got so far! But in the end...

I have always listened to completely different things. Couple years ago for instance I went to Arcade Fire and MGMT concerts, last month saw Collective Soul and yesterday The Cult. But the past two years I have been a LOT into heavy metal. Most of the shows I saw this year so far were metal bands, and this summer I am ready for more metal.

I can beat that by a lot! :D Some of my current and all-time favorites include Tool, Regina Spektor, Girl in a Coma, Santigold, MIA, Tegan and Sara, Rural Alberta Advantage, Yann Tiersen, 65daysofstatic, AFI, Alanis Morissette, Dresden Dolls, System of a Down, Static X, Jay Z, Atmosphere, Bad Religion, Lisa Hannigan, My Chemical Romance, Barenaked Ladies, Collective Soul, Balkan Beatbox, Nightwish.... the list goes on and on and on and on.... ;)

Nah, we all know Camila too well; she could come back as "Offspring_fan2012" and we'd know who she was after two posts ;)

Britpunk
06-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Guess I did not explain it well. What I tried to say was that I wished comments like those I quoted or reviews like the one being debated here. It is pretty upsetting.

Sorry. I think I see - you want The Offspring to have the critical respect you perceive those other bands to have?

I am ready for more metal.

You should listen to The Agonist. They are all kinds of amazing. And Canadian!

Britpunk
06-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I can beat that by a lot! :D Some of my current and all-time favorites include Tool, Regina Spektor, Girl in a Coma, Santigold, MIA, Tegan and Sara, Rural Alberta Advantage, Yann Tiersen, 65daysofstatic, AFI, Alanis Morissette, Dresden Dolls, System of a Down, Static X, Jay Z, Atmosphere, Bad Religion, Lisa Hannigan, My Chemical Romance, Barenaked Ladies, Collective Soul, Balkan Beatbox, Nightwish.... the list goes on and on and on and on.... ;)

Hah, loser! Last month I went to see these people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQw6_X9hPk), and I thought they were amazing. True story.

Assemblage 23 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GcxBM68vzo) next month :D

Llamas
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Hah, loser! Last month I went to see these people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQw6_X9hPk), and I thought they were amazing. True story.

Assemblage 23 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GcxBM68vzo) next month :D

Pff, last summer I went to see these guys, and they were more amazing! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qewzjSE2tbM

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Five songs of 12 are supposed to be punkish. Personally, that doesn't mean I won't like any other songs (though I already know I don't like CC and am not into DGB)... but let's just say I was purely a punkrawk fan. Albums like Ignition and Smash would be totally worth buying the whole album; an album like this would not be worth buying the whole album. Kind of a silly thing for you to say.

I think Turning into you is the 6th one, but it has drum loops. I've seen it described in different kind of ways. Maybe someting like YGGFK? DGB is a straight radio rock. So, 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 and 12. Then, some rock like DGB and DM. Then, you are left with "enemies" like CC, OC Guns, Family and AIHLIY.

What's more eclectic than loving odd offspring songs? :d You're right it's silly, but I guess the band you love can spread your tastes most effectively. I trust them, they work hard and systematically so I'm a fanboy. :D Tru punks vs. fanboys.

Thank you?!

Well, I have never complained about all the songs being punk or not. I wanted to say something, but I might be misunderstood again. So better not. =)
I understand you very well, I'm just trying to help you, how to fix it or see it differently. If it doesn't work now, ok, maybe one day...it's challenging or silly. :d

Britpunk
06-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Pff, last summer I went to see these guys, and they were more amazing! :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qewzjSE2tbM

Damn. I think you win ;)

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM

You got banned for 24 hours, and you earned it. Be less butthurt.

KennedyDK
06-13-2012, 04:38 PM
You got banned for 24 hours, and you earned it. Be less butthurt.

:D ahh you think you know

Camila
06-13-2012, 06:26 PM

I don't need to. I got nothing to hide and didn't do anything wrong (besides saying things about the band I shouldn't have). It was just the heat of the moment ;)

Those bands kinda bore me :)
PS.
Welcome to Nothing Board.

Really? That's the first time I see somebody who's not too much into those bands.

I never registered there. Need to check NB out.

Same; exactly the same. I tried so hard... and got so far! But in the end...

I remember when everybody around here made fun of comments using this quote... Good times of BBS...

Nah, we all know Camila too well; she could come back as "Offspring_fan2012" and we'd know who she was after two posts ;)

True that. Haha

Sorry. I think I see - you want The Offspring to have the critical respect you perceive those other bands to have?

You should listen to The Agonist. They are all kinds of amazing. And Canadian!

I should say that is it.

Will check The Agonist. Thanks.

Alien Invader
06-13-2012, 07:24 PM
I can understand that some people don't like the song and come to this forum and talk about it. But it is beyond me why some people read a negative review of the song, come to this website and bash the band for giving the damned journalists a reason to write a negative review. Journalists will ALWAYS find a reason to write a bad review if they want to. If it makes you so unhappy go bash the journalists for what they did.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry you had to look up some of the words in my post. I'll keep it simple next time.
Win!

I talked about this with Manic Subsidal and my friend at the Alex's Bar show. I kind of knew something like this was going to be said.

Ouch.

Welcome back Camila.

I dig this adjective.
As do I.

I definetly dont wanna get caught in a shitstorm. That sounds awful
Ever been in a field full of manure on a windy day?

That was awfully disturbing.

Ho-Lee-SHIT! No one must have missed all this while you were gone. Godamn, go for a bike ride or something!
That was unnecessary and rude.

cool 2 hate 681
06-16-2012, 03:26 PM
"Honestly, we didn't think we'd encounter the words "the Offspring" printed anywhere outside of a KROQ-FM festival."

i thought we were not going to see offspring in the la times unless it was a kroq show:rolleyes:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/06/marilyn-manson-offspring-bad-religion-to-play-sunset-strip-fest.html