PDA

View Full Version : Track-by-track breakdown

Llamas
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the front page. It was just posted online 11 minutes ago, so I'm assuming it's new. Dexter explains each track from the new album.

http://www.spinner.com/2012/06/12/the-offspring-days-go-by-track-by-track/

SeanAshmore
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome thanks llamas!

Piano in Future if now, can't wait to hear that (presumably in the bridge before the last chorus)

Llamas
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
"It's something I want to explore more on the next record too."

Offspring isn't done after this album... we'll see how I feel about that once I hear this one ;)

"That chorus is, "Broken in two, but hurting as one." That could apply to a relationship or your country."

I like this. Looking forward to hearing this song.

All I Have Left is You sounds really cool, actually. We'll see how Dexter's voice works on a "pretty" keyboard song.

OC Guns: "This song has some menace to it." This is the first time this song sounds really cool! I thought it sounded awful before... but their description makes it sound great.

I'm gonna hate Secret Family. I already know. Oh well.

And the last two tracks sound AWESOME. I like this idea of two short songs that sound like the same song.

SeanAshmore
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Reading this has made me even more impatient (which is saying something), I have bought every one of their albums (including re-releases of smash and ignition) but I really want this to leak like yesterday!

Dexter_italy
06-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I really liked this! thanks! can't wait for the album!

RonWelty
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
they played the piano part of TFIN on 6th june UK show.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank you Llamas! Well, there goes what remains of my willpower

GamerKT
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
There's doo wop in I Wanna Secret Family? Somebody called that, like, two days ago. That's funny.

mrconeman
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Holland: we don't want to be cheesy.

Holland: I wrote 'Cruising California.'

Llamas
06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
lolololololo ^^ So. True.

OffspringDude
06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks!!

*Looks at calendar* :o

effreyj
06-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to decide whether Turning into You will be any good. The drum loop sounds like it's going to ruin the song...

I have low expectations for OC Guns as well, but we'll see.

jsmak84
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I love this :) Tank you :D kiss:eek: bye:cool:

Llamas
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm trying to decide whether Turning into You will be any good. The drum loop sounds like it's going to ruin the song...

Yeah, I felt the same when I read that. It *could* be good, but I'm leaning more toward it ruining the song...

-Ignition-
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm excited about OC Guns, I wanna see what they did with the mariachi and the reggae:D and of course stoked for all the other songs too, only two weeks left...

XYlophonetreeZ
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Thank you, Dexter and Noodles, for making 90% of HAU's posts from the past couple of months obsolete.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Thank you, Dexter and Noodles, for making 90% of HAU's posts from the past couple of months obsolete.

Moar lolzzzzz. This thread is awesome so far.

GamerKT
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
What is a drum loop, guys? Is it that continuous beat that is used on some of the more shitty rap songs?

killboybowerhead
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
This sounds good to me.. Days Go By and CC are both really well done.. its just err whether you dig the vibe.. I have faith that any of the songs with balls will sound pretty good.

Supa
06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm sooo excited!

0r4ng3
06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I haven't seen much of HAU so I'm not sure what this means. Has he been making wild speculations about the album?

Hey Man Where's Everybody
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
That "Cruising California" explanation completely disproves anyone who says "they're making fun of pop rock tropes, they're being ironic."

XYlophonetreeZ
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
I haven't seen much of HAU so I'm not sure what this means. Has he been making wild speculations about the album?

He's going by "Degstur Lolland" these days, and yes, by God he has.

Llamas
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
What is a drum loop, guys? Is it that continuous beat that is used on some of the more shitty rap songs?

That would be an example. Electronic drum sample that just repeats itself, basically. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H3fBgtmfl4 (I hope the one on Turning Into You will be considerably better than this one...)

Oh god yes. Huge posts, breaking each song down and making very wild connections to older songs and albums, what each song will be like, taking hints from the band and tying them to songs, etc.

ThunderPX
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
That "Cruising California" explanation completely disproves anyone who says "they're making fun of pop rock tropes, they're being ironic."

Unfortunately Dexter also said that in an interview like the day after the song first came out... evidently, it didn't help much. :P

Greekoldfan
06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
thank you very much!very interesting

Outerspaceman21
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately Dexter also said that in an interview like the day after the song first came out... evidently, it didn't help much. :P

Link? Would like to see this interview if you wouldn't mind.

As for the track by track beatdown, everything is pretty much what I expected from the names of the songs and and what Noodles talked about on twitter. I kinda knew Cruisin California and I Wanna Secret Family were gonna be the jokes track. I'm really interested in how they updated Dirty Magic. That, O.C. Guns, Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens are what I'm looking forward to the most.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM

So many lolz. And before anyone gets confused, reggae does not equal ska. Ever.

At this point I think continued insistance that the song is making fun of pop songs is just exercising denial. Not much than can be done.

Greekoldfan
06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
someone told me that slim... is a really nice song

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Bob told me to write about Huntington. It seems weird to write about your hometown-like you're bragging or something. He said people in the rest of the world have a different perception of California. It's like a dream place. It might be where you live, but others don't see it the way you do. You've got to have fun.

so it was bob rock's idea to write a song about huntington beach?

brothadave79
06-12-2012, 12:42 PM
so it was bob rock's idea to write a song about huntington beach?

In before "CC is Bob Rock's fault."

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM

it's not his fault

killboybowerhead
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I gotta say All I Have Left intrigues me the most out of all of these descriptions. I kinda think mariachi and reggae go together.. maybe because I'm always fucked up when i hear em. OC Guns by the description sounds like it could be on the first transplants record.

Defender
06-12-2012, 01:19 PM
It's a different song because we're using a lot of keyboards.

Hmmm... I can't say that I like this information(keyboards) but I expect something ...serious and that gives me hope.

It's something I want to explore more on the next record too.

This is what I wanted to hear ;)!

DMelges
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Damn I'm so excited for this album! =D

Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens has a Never Gonna Find Me and Lightning Ro vibe huh? Two song blending into each other, interesting.

And guys, they both say it right there in the interview.

"There's a lot of silly stuff out there, and it's good to laugh and have fun with it."

"It's a silly fun and song."

So there you go! They made it for fun, so everyone should stop criticizing and just have fun.

TeddyBear_Army
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
i love cc since day one. keyboards make me excited, me loves them.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it on the front page. It was just posted online 11 minutes ago, so I'm assuming it's new. Dexter explains each track from the new album.

http://www.spinner.com/2012/06/12/the-offspring-days-go-by-track-by-track/

Great Interview ! I like to see what the band thinks about their songs and what they mean to them. Let's see if the songs reply well to these words they describe us.

The last two songs for me will be true offsprings songs ! :cool:

Degstur Lolland
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Tank U llamas for the article. :d

Keep loling guyz, I put an effort into it.

It's probable that some things mutated into something else and also with universal songs it's easy to describe them in different kind of ways. Still interesting.

With Turning Into You, both Noodles and Dexter have quite different explanations. Also, Noodles said somewhere that you can make them your own.

10 days till 22nd! I'm giving it 7 days at the latest. Smashing Pumpking's Oceania is out 7 days before the release date.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
It's probable that some things mutated into something else and also with universal songs it's easy to describe them in different kind of ways.

It's also possible that you were 100% wrong from the beginning. ;) All good, though!

Ristifer
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Tank U llamas for the article. :d

Keep loling guyz, I put an effort into it.

It's probable that some things mutated into something else and also with universal songs it's easy to describe them in different kind of ways. Still interesting.

With Turning Into You, both Noodles and Dexter have quite different explanations. Also, Noodles said somewhere that you can make them your own.

10 days till 22nd! I'm giving it 7 days at the latest. Smashing Pumpking's Oceania is out 7 days before the release date.
Yeah, but Oceania is also being streamed for free on iTunes. It's not really a leak.

ThunderPX
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
It's also possible that you were 100% wrong from the beginning. ;) All good, though!

But It's All Good isn't on the album! :O

Degstur Lolland
06-12-2012, 02:49 PM
01. TFIN - A great piano breakdown? As if it wasn't loaded enough with goodies.

02. SFTU - I got pissed off about politicians here too, we had Gorilla case--rightwingers getting pwned and they have always played innocent and transparent angels. I'm ready for the song.

03. DGB - Today, I had a hUge nostalgic pUnch, going by a nursery, my elementary schools and running into loads of tiny little kids. Time is fucked up. Then, I was thinking a bit about DGB and my whole life. I have never felt like that before.

(one girl was crying, angry, frustrated and bossy that the other one teared her new sweater a bit, a little "meaningless" story of the day)

PetePirata
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Im worried about this new album. Keyboards? Depressive songs? Loop drums? Mariachi Stuff? A remake? Its a lot of "experimental stuff" for a new album from a punk rock band. Worried, honestly.

Im really disappointed until this time.

Britpunk
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Im worried about this new album. Keyboards? Depressive songs? Loop drums? Mariachi Stuff? A remake? Its a lot of "experimental stuff" for a new album from a punk rock band. Worried, honestly.

Keyboards - Hit That
Depressive Songs - Most of Ignition?
Loop Drums - Special Delivery
Mariachi Stuff - Pretty Fly Reprise
A Remake - Beheaded 99

Do pay attention. (I mean that kindly btw)

edit, because reading this back i sound like a dick, and I'm not trying to be. I just mean they've done all that check list before and it's all good. we're still here. Everything is fine. Everything probably will be fine.

hshduppsnt
06-12-2012, 03:13 PM
hmmm...
well I will say one thing... it seems they're Really experimenting this time around... different kinds of songs... and boy am I excited... This month needs to go by sooner!

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Ditto, as long as theres nothing along the lines of "fix you", i think im going to like this album though

NoGuessing
06-12-2012, 03:24 PM

lol how can you be disappointed when you haven't even heard it?

mrconeman
06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Keyboards - Hit That
Depressive Songs - Most of Ignition?
Loop Drums - Special Delivery
Mariachi Stuff - Pretty Fly Reprise
A Remake - Beheaded 99

Do pay attention. (I mean that kindly btw)

While my expectations for this album are at rock bottom, I have to agree with this, and had wanted to say some of it before, but I've lost patience with the attitudes on here to the point that actual conversation seems counter productive.

PetePirata
06-12-2012, 03:32 PM
lol how can you be disappointed when you haven't even heard it?

...disappointed so far...

I can change my mind! I hope so! and i want

TeddyBear_Army
06-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Ditto, as long as theres nothing along the lines of "fix you", i think im going to like this album though

I love fix you, fuck you noob.

i'm punx x10!

jacknife737
06-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Admittedly a couple of those descriptions have me a bit on edge, like the constant mentioning of piano/keyboards, and OC Guns sounds like it could be terrifying.

But the rest of it sounds awesome, in particular I can't wait to here Divided By Zero, Slim Pickens and Secret Family.

KennedyDK
06-12-2012, 04:47 PM
you THINK im a newb :D

cool 2 hate 681
06-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Noodles: That song reminds me of T.S.O.L. That's one band that ties us all together. We share a love of that band and all of their music for sure-until they went metal. Even then, we secretly bought those records and enjoyed them [laughs]

im really looking forward to secrets from the underground now:)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
95%

Let's go with that :D

TheJakes84
06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Interesting read, glad to know about certain song meanings. Will they continue to provide us a tenth album? Wish to finally go see them live!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I think I just ovulated

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
My favorite part was when they said Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell could have been on Ignition.

Dirty Magic
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
I guess OC Guns could be The Worst Hangover Ever of this album. I'm excited for it. Reading that Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens "sound like they could have been on Ignition" brought a smile to my face in no time.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 12:19 AM
I guess OC Guns could be The Worst Hangover Ever of this album.

It's more like a long Intermission.

sneedo83
06-13-2012, 12:40 AM
My favorite part was when they said Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell could have been on Ignition.

They say that kind of stuff alot.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM

Divided is very Ignition style but in the last track I can't hear any references to this album.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Divided is very Ignition style but in the last track I can't hear any references to this album.

Have you heard the album? Why are you saying these things?

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Have you heard the album? Why are you saying these things?

Yes, I heard it.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes, I heard it.

Through what means?

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Through what means?

I'm a journalist.

killboybowerhead
06-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Leak that shit!!!!! Please.. I need to get back to my life.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Leak that shit!!!!! Please.. I need to get back to my life.

Sorry, there will be no leak. If band would want you to hear this, they would stream it. I can tell you though that it's quite disappointing for me.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm a journalist.

Yeah? So, you're gonna write a review, I assume? When would that be up? Or, if you're not writing a review, I'm sure the BBS would appreciate a thread about your thoughts on the album.

killboybowerhead
06-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Whats your favorite track off the record?

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah? So, you're gonna write a review, I assume? When would that be up? Or, if you're not writing a review, I'm sure the BBS would appreciate a thread about your thoughts on the album.

Yeah, there will be a review of course. If you have any questions (no leaks, sorry), just ask.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah, there will be a review of course. If you have any questions (no leaks, sorry), just ask.

Okay, thanks. How is that five-minute, keyboardy song? All I Have Left Is You, I think. Does it drag on? Is it like A Lot Like Me?

Also, this might be too many questions, but how is O.C. Guns like a long Intermission? Are there no vocals? :(

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Whats your favorite track off the record?

Future Is Now and Dividing By Zero

Llamas
06-13-2012, 02:41 AM
I can tell you though that it's quite disappointing for me.

What's disappointing? The album, or the fact that it's not leaked?

Krojd
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Guys, I'm a journalist too, I've heard the record. I actually wrote the record while I was at secret mission in the Earth's core, fighting with core people.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Okay, thanks. How is that five-minute, keyboardy song? All I Have Left Is You, I think. Does it drag on? Is it like A Lot Like Me?

Also, this might be too many questions, but how is O.C. Guns like a long Intermission? Are there no vocals? :(

Keyboardy song? Hmmm... there's a keyboard in the bridge of Future Is Now (and it's great), All I Have Left Is You is very similar to Fix You and there's no keyboard there. A Lot Like Me was harder.

OC Guns is 4 minutes long but for me it's more than an intermission than an actual song or something like these hidden songs on previous cd's - you'll understand when you'll hear it. There are lyrics, no worries. Don't know how to describe this in English - it's like... mexican lounge version of Te Quiero Puta by Rammstein ;)))

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Keyboardy song? Hmmm... there's a keyboard in the bridge of Future Is Now (and it's great), All I Have Left Is You is very similar to Fix You and there's no keyboard there. A Lot Like Me was harder.

OC Guns is 4 minutes long but for me it's more than an intermission than an actual song or something like these hidden songs on previous cd's - you'll understand when you'll hear it. There are lyrics, no worries. Don't know how to describe this in English - it's like... mexican lounge version of Te Quiero Puta by Rammstein ;)))

""All I Have Left Is You"

Holland: It's a different song because we're using a lot of keyboards."

I am now dubious of your credentials.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:52 AM

The songs just doesn't stick together really well. It's like they wanted to make a summer album and Ignition 2 at the same time including also few tracks left from Rise And Fall session.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 02:58 AM
""All I Have Left Is You"

Holland: It's a different song because we're using a lot of keyboards."

I am now dubious of your credentials.

Listening to this now, it's barely noticeable. Oh... and:

http://postimage.org/image/sr795fvl3/

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 03:00 AM

Seems legit. So, what's up, then? Are your ears not sensitive enough or did Dexter exaggerate?

I'm fucking jealous, by the way.

OFFilip
06-13-2012, 03:12 AM
What about Secret Family? Is it more like Walla Walla or Worst Hangover? Punk or not? Fast or slow? ;)

Defender
06-13-2012, 03:34 AM

I think he(or she) means the album but I don't believe this shit. Maybe he's a spambot.

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 04:17 AM

That's uh... interesting.
How do you rate RAFRAG? It'd be good to know if we have the same taste in music, so I can believe what you're saying will affect me.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 04:28 AM
All I Have Left Is You is very similar to Fix You and there's no keyboard there. A Lot Like Me was harder.

Listening to this now, it's barely noticeable.

My guess is either you need better speakers, or Dexter saying they used "a lot of keyboards" doesn't mean what we think it means. Very similar to Fix You, A Lot Like Me was harder... yeah, doesn't sound like I'll be a big fan of this one. I like pretty songs, but I just don't think the Offspring are good at pretty.

OC Guns is sounding better and better... but your description doesn't mesh that well with Noodles' description: "This song has some menace to it."

The songs just doesn't stick together really well. It's like they wanted to make a summer album and Ignition 2 at the same time including also few tracks left from Rise And Fall session.

Meh, their last few albums have been like that, honestly. Basically CO1, Splinter, and RFRG haven't really been cohesive. Splinter is the worst offender and that's one of my least favorite Offspring albums... so if this one is as incohesive as Splinter, there's a good chance I won't really like it. But we'll see.

I think he(or she) means the album but I don't believe this shit. Maybe he's a spambot.

I dunno, the image he posted has me thinking otherwise. If he hadn't posted the image, I wouldn't believe him at all.

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 04:42 AM
yeah, i don't care much for Splinter exactly 'cause of that, even though I thought Rise and Fall was pretty cohesive.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 04:46 AM
yeah, i don't care much for Splinter exactly 'cause of that, even though I thought Rise and Fall was pretty cohesive.

The first half of RFRG is very cohesive; very well structured. But starting with Kristy, it kinda falls apart and the songs jump around everywhere. I don't think SIMU fits where it is on the album, Rise and Fall is a very, very weak closer, and Rock Bottom is very out of place. I dunno, just compare RFRG with Ignition, Ixnay or Americana... those were cohesive albums.

NoGuessing
06-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Splinter would have been cohesive if it had an end.

RAFRAG was definitely too zoned with it's songs. Nothingtown and LHIFRB shouldn't be in the same half, and Fix You needs to be surrounded by harder songs to accentuate its tenderness rather than its poppyness. It also needed an ending song that was more individual and epic.

In my opinion anyway.

samseby
06-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm still torn. Some of the descriptions and information Dexter and Noodles gave sound pretty interesting and fun ;) ... others well, not so much :(. Still sounds like a wild mixture and I'm not sure how it's gonna work for the album as a whole.

BTW I don't care much about the opinion of someone who (might have) listened to the whole album already, I'd like to

1) listen to it myself &
2) form my own opinion on it
3) submit my thoughts on it

No offense! Just saying ... ;)

06-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Honestly, I'm kind of excited to hear "OC Guns". Sounds like it could be an interesting track if it really has a bit of menace to it. I keep hearing "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash in my head.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 06:01 AM
BTW I don't care much about the opinion of someone who (might have) listened to the whole album already, I'd like to

1) listen to it myself &
2) form my own opinion on it
3) submit my thoughts on it

No offense! Just saying ... ;)

Absolutely; I'm not sure anyone is really worried about this guy's opinion, but rather just interested in hearing more about what the songs are actually like. Nobody ever agrees about which songs are good and which aren't. Even the band's most beloved songs like TKAA and Lightning Rod have haters, and the most hated songs like Worst Hangover and Kristy have lovers... so anyone's opinion has to be taken with a grain of salt.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Hey, my opinion is just an opinion. You can love this album or hate it. Personally I don't like the structure of last three albums. Dirty Magic between OC Guns and Secret Family is so out of place besides the fact that I don't understand why the recorded DM one more time.

From what I read, you have really high hopes about OC Guns but I think most of you will think after premiere that it's an one-time-listen. Really.

Secret family is mid-tempo, happy song, closer to Hangover.

It can be a larger success than RAFRAG but I liked more songs on this album than the new one. And DGB is even more incohesive than Splinter, and I thought that's not possible :)

06-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Hey, my opinion is just an opinion. You can love this album or hate it. Personally I don't like the structure of last three albums. Dirty Magic between OC Guns and Secret Family is so out of place besides the fact that I don't understand why the recorded DM one more time.

From what I read, you have really high hopes about OC Guns but I think most of you will think after premiere that it's an one-time-listen. Really.

Secret family is mid-tempo, happy song, closer to Hangover.

It can be a larger success than RAFRAG but I liked more songs on this album than the new one. And DGB is even more incohesive than Splinter, and I thought that's not possible :)

Did they add the extra syllables to the chorus of "Dirty Magic" like they've been doing in live performances? ("Go on and pull the shades...")

OFFilip
06-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Maybe you will put 5-10 seconds sample of only 1 song for us ? Just one song, just 5 seconds of that it isn't even a leak!

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 06:46 AM
I have it the other way around, Splinter is cohesive and RFRG diverse. Even the first half of RFRG is diverse, but more consistent and with a better quality. Splinter ocasionally strays somewhere else, but it's kinda a quick half-hour and there are tracks throughout that make the body of the album visible.

What the journalist guy says makes sense to me, but everyone has to hear it by himself.

AIHLIY could have lots of subtle keyboards, the journalist guy and lots of people here are oriented towards heavy fast guitar music so people won't notice some things especially after the first listen. If you are looking for 12 instant heavy rocking songs, you'll be automatically disappointed. He has found 2 great tracks so you'll find at least 2. :D

effreyj
06-13-2012, 06:49 AM
Having an album with track diversity is a good thing! If every song is exactly the same style then it's boring to listen to...

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
I have it the other way around, Splinter is cohesive and RFRG diverse. Even the first half of RFRG is diverse, but more consistent and with a better quality. Splinter ocasionally strays somewhere else, but it's kinda a quick half-hour and there are tracks throughout that make the body of the album visible.

What the journalist guy says makes sense to me, but everyone has to hear it by himself.

AIHLIY could have lots of subtle keyboards, the journalist guy and lots of people here are oriented towards heavy fast guitar music so people won't notice some things especially after the first listen. If you are looking for 12 instant heavy rocking songs, you'll be automatically disappointed. He has found 2 great tracks so you'll find at least 2. :D

HAU, i love you man.

disclaimer_07
06-13-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like the album but I guess those who are expecting typical "punk rock" songs all the way through might be a little bit disappointed.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Did they add the extra syllables to the chorus of "Dirty Magic" like they've been doing in live performances? ("Go on and pull the shades...")

Yes, they added "go on" at the begining of the chorus.

PS. I think that most of you will really love first two and last two tracks.

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm getting the feeling that the future is now is the new tkaa.

what about turning into you and its drum loops?

ppronni
06-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes, they added "go on" at the begining of the chorus.

PS. I think that most of you will really love first two and last two tracks.

Hi thebestofme, I've got a couple questions, it would be great if you could answer them briefly:

1) Which of the songs of the album could be labeled "punk rock/fast rock/agressive"? I assume The Future is Now and the last two, but what about tracks 2, 4 and 5?

2) Could you please describe a bit track 2? I always had a feeling its gonna be my favorite on the album.

3) Is there any sort of a "rage vibe" in All I Have Left is You like there was in A Lot Like Me?

4) Would you rank any of the songs on the Offspring's best 10 songs ever?

Thanks very much, please understand we're very excited about knowing the tracks better :)

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi thebestofme, I've got a couple questions, it would be great if you could answer them briefly:

1) Which of the songs of the album could be labeled "punk rock/fast rock/agressive"? I assume The Future is Now and the last two, but what about tracks 2, 4 and 5?

2) Could you please describe a bit track 2? I always had a feeling its gonna be my favorite on the album.

3) Is there any sort of a "rage vibe" in All I Have Left is You like there was in A Lot Like Me?

4) Would you rank any of the songs on the Offspring's best 10 songs ever?

Thanks very much, please understand we're very excited about knowing the tracks better :)

1. Yeah, Secrets are also fast. I don't feel that any of these songs are agressive, not in a Smash way. Unfortunately 4 & 5 track are not easy to describe, mainly because of my language barrier but also they are so typical punk rock tracks... maybe I'll try later, sorry.

2. Would be great live that's for sure. Tempo is a little similar to Trust In You but the track is more powerful.

3. It's quite slow track with a more rock chorus. No rage vibe definitely.

4. No.

Angelo
06-13-2012, 08:01 AM
It's odd. I tend not to hear what the band seems to be hearing when they describe some of their songs. I remember Noodles saying he thought "Vultures" would be a big stripper song (or do well in strip clubs...)

I think it's a little dangerous to put too much stock into any one persons opinion or description of a song - especially if you have no idea as to whether or not you share musical tastes - on any level - with those people. As much as I love Dexter and Noodles (and the music they make) I do not trust their taste in music for the most part. So, a "rockin'" song to either of them isn't necessarily a "rockin'" song to me. Same thing goes for a "fun" song or a "pretty" song.

While I'm rambling, I will admit that Dexter using the term "freight train" to describe "Trust In You" was pretty spot on!

ppronni
06-13-2012, 08:05 AM
1. Yeah, Secrets...

Thanks for the info :)

One last question if you dont mind, does the production sound flat, like RAFRAG?

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 08:06 AM
what about the drum loooooops?

tylercosgrove1989
06-13-2012, 08:16 AM
This album has got to leak soon. I can't take it anymore..

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 08:24 AM
HAU, i love you man.
Let's marry, we will have a little girl named Camila. :d

Having an album with track diversity is a good thing! If every song is exactly the same style then it's boring to listen to...
Yeah, on the album scale, but if you look at all the albums, career scale, something has changed on Splinter a lot, but still it's some kind of hybrid and from there it goes to diverse RFRG. It seems like they haven't mastered everything 100% on RFRG, it's not like Splinter and Co1 are 100%.

Cohesive or diverse doesn't make it good, so many parameters out there. Let me take CO1 (cohesive), Splinter (hybrid) and RFRG (diverse), those albums still don't reach Smash, Ixnay and Americana quality, well, at least for me. (I'd call them cohesive on the career scale, everything pre-Splinter) (so good that cohesive/diverse is meaningless, or maybe they are great hybrids, I don't know) (also, Splinter compared to RFRG is cohesive to me)

It seems like they go for another hybrid, but with a better quality, it would make sense to go middle way. Artwork is similar to Splinter and the journalist says that it's worse than Splinter. They could expand on RFRG or start something new. But, that's just my esoteric bullshit.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the info :)

One last question if you dont mind, does the production sounds flat, like RAFRAG?

Yes, it's quite similar to me.

06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Really, you guys consider CO1 to be a "cohesive" album? I always viewed that one as one of their most eclectic-- from the latin pop in the verses of "Original Prankster" to the funkier stylings of "Living in Chaos", the pop-punk of "Want You Bad", the loops and processed vocals of "Special Delivery", the outright power balladry of "Denial, Revisited" and straight-ahead punk rock of "All Along". It's kind of all over the place.

Well, as "all over the place" as could reasonably be expected from an Offspring album.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm either gonna love OC Guns or else totally hate it.

TeddyBear_Army
06-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Let's marry, we will have a little girl named Camila. :d

hell yeah! that'd be amazing... camilamazing.

OFFilip
06-13-2012, 08:41 AM
thebestofme - one more thing if I can!

Tell us about Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens, Dexter and Noodles said that they are intentionaly like a ONE song. They really are similar or what? They are like Never Gonna Find Me and Lighting Rod or maybe Greenday's Jesus of Suburbia kind of thing?

TheNooseIsFalling
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
It's odd. I tend not to hear what the band seems to be hearing when they describe some of their songs. I remember Noodles saying he thought "Vultures" would be a big stripper song (or do well in strip clubs...)

I'm gonna go ahead and take a wild guess, I think he probably wasn't being serious, because he's Noodles. I agree with you though, I wouldn't exactly call Days Go By rocking either, for example.
Also, Dexter's TFIN description is a bit disappointing becase the Orwell-inspired idea is a lot more exciting, though I guess, since Dexter's lyrics are excellent, there's a lot of ways one can interpret their songs, so I'm just gonna stick with 'Flashback 1984'.

Angelo
06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and take a wild guess, I think he probably wasn't being serious, because he's Noodles. I agree with you though, I wouldn't exactly call Days Go By rocking either, for example.
Also, Dexter's TFIN description is a bit disappointing becase the Orwell-inspired idea is a lot more exciting, though I guess, since Dexter's lyrics are excellent, there's a lot of ways one can interpret their songs, so I'm just gonna stick with 'Flashback 1984'.

I actually believe he was being serious, despite being Noodles (hilarious as he is). He was doing a track by track discussion/interview for this site before CO1 came out - and he was being either sincere or honest with each track, so I'm not sure why he'd be kidding about that one. Again, some people hear things in a different way, right? Different ideas about what goes where.

But then, perhaps he was joking... Doesn't really matter since you know where I'm coming from. :)

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately 4 & 5 track are not easy to describe, mainly because of my language barrier but also they are so typical punk rock tracks... maybe I'll try later, sorry.
Yeah, punk rock, Noodles described HAO as Something to believe in.

The album seems to have 6 tracks--either fast or dynamic punkrock, so don't worry guys.

This album has got to leak soon. I can't take it anymore..
19th june at the latest is my guess, probably sooner. It's getting very close. So 17-19th June, but only Germany and France.

Really, you guys consider CO1 to be a "cohesive" album?.
Like I said, looking at all of the albums from a career scale, yes, but if you concentrate on a single album, there are always some odd tracks. But, that's my long-time fan perspective. However, can you imagine Fix You or When you're in prison on CO1? There are big holes between the last albums time-wise, shit is changing and evolving a bit more. Maybe we should count the most odd tracks on any albums and then make some conclusion. Co1 tracks are bit different, but I still think they are very related styles and very fitting. Also, you can barely find guitar on Cruising California, that's something unheard of on Co1.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I'd totally consider Co1 to be way more in unison as an overall album than Splinter or RAFRAG. I get that it's not exactly everyone's favorite disc, but there's a whole lot of "meat & potatoes" Offspring on that thing, peppered through with the goofy fun stuff.

It flows pretty damn well, too.

effreyj
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Some other albums that are coming out on June 26th have the 30 second track previews on Amazon already...why aren't they available for DGB yet!!!???

TheNooseIsFalling
06-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I'd totally consider Co1 to be way more in unison as an overall album than Splinter or RAFRAG. I get that it's not exactly everyone's favorite disc, but there's a whole lot of "meat & potatoes" Offspring on that thing, peppered through with the goofy fun stuff.

It flows pretty damn well, too.

And it looks like Llamas was right, Dexter may not have actually said it but the way he talks about how every song came about following the same sentiment, now I'm sure it's a well disguised concept album. Even those intentional fun songs fit in with that

Supa
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
How can anyone not consider Conspiracy Of One as a not cohesive album?

06-13-2012, 10:59 AM

I think perhaps I misinterpreted what people were referring to as 'cohesion'. I didn't take it to mean that it flows well (because it does) or it's an enjoyable listen (to my ears, it is). I meant it's a pretty musically disparate album, a well-rounded mix of styles and arrangements without a specific musical identity (unlike an album like "Ignition", where every song seemed to be different shades of the same color). I think CO1, like Ixnay on the Hombre, features the band trying out a lot of different styles in favor of a single approach, which is why I called it eclectic. However, as Eskimo pointed out, it does hold together as a unit and retains a certain sonic identity, so I agree that it is 'cohesive'.

I should also point out that 'cohesive' and 'eclectic' are not good or bad things, in my book. Some of my favorite albums are wildly eclectic, bordering on musical patchwork, featuring all kinds of styles. Others, like Bad Religion's "Suffer" or the aforementioned "Ignition", are very specific in their musical stylings.

SeanAshmore
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
it does hold together as a unit and retains a certain sonic identity.

I think a big factor in this is Brendan O'Brien's production on the album, I wish they would do another one with him, though I like the production on all of their albums I guess, no major complaints in that area.

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
In comparison with Splinter and RFRG. It's complicated, you have 2 scales, song by song and album by album.

But, some people have RFRG as cohesive and I don't really understand that, but there are many parameters and it's not so simple to pigeonhole it as diverse/cohesive. It could be combined with eclecticism, flow or unusual genres used.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I think a big factor in this is Brendan O'Brien's production on the album, I wish they would do another one with him, though I like the production on all of their albums I guess, no major complaints in that area.

O'Brien got a lot of flak when CO1 came out because people didn't like the squeaky-clean edited vocals and thought it was generally overproduced, but looking back I think he did a good job. Splinter was produced even better than CO1 because it sounded a little more natural. Even though compositionally Splinter is my least favorite Offspring album, I think that it's really well-produced. And one thing you can't ignore about O'Brien is that the drums on both of the albums that he produced sound the best out of the Offspring's whole catalog. And since his tenure with the band spanned two drummers, it's obvious that he had something to do with that.

Supa
06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I think perhaps I misinterpreted what people were referring to as 'cohesion'. I didn't take it to mean that it flows well (because it does) or it's an enjoyable listen (to my ears, it is). I meant it's a pretty musically disparate album, a well-rounded mix of styles and arrangements without a specific musical identity (unlike an album like "Ignition", where every song seemed to be different shades of the same color). I think CO1, like Ixnay on the Hombre, features the band trying out a lot of different styles in favor of a single approach, which is why I called it eclectic. However, as Eskimo pointed out, it does hold together as a unit and retains a certain sonic identity, so I agree that it is 'cohesive'.

I should also point out that 'cohesive' and 'eclectic' are not good or bad things, in my book. Some of my favorite albums are wildly eclectic, bordering on musical patchwork, featuring all kinds of styles. Others, like Bad Religion's "Suffer" or the aforementioned "Ignition", are very specific in their musical stylings.

I can agree with that.

And since his tenure with the band spanned two drummers, it's obvious that he had something to do with that.

You think Ron left partly due to the production of the drums, or his production is good because he made two different drummers sound great?

SeanAshmore
06-13-2012, 12:05 PM
O'Brien got a lot of flak when CO1 came out because people didn't like the squeaky-clean edited vocals and thought it was generally overproduced, but looking back I think he did a good job. Splinter was produced even better than CO1 because it sounded a little more natural. Even though compositionally Splinter is my least favorite Offspring album, I think that it's really well-produced. And one thing you can't ignore about O'Brien is that the drums on both of the albums that he produced sound the best out of the Offspring's whole catalog. And since his tenure with the band spanned two drummers, it's obvious that he had something to do with that.

Definitely agree with the drums comment, although I also have to point out that Atom's drumming sounded so much better live than Ron's. I think Ron sounded a lot tinnier and Atom had a lot more bass and power in his drumming.

Llamas
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
And it looks like Llamas was right, Dexter may not have actually said it but the way he talks about how every song came about following the same sentiment, now I'm sure it's a well disguised concept album. Even those intentional fun songs fit in with that

With every passing day and everything I read about this album it becomes more and more obvious that it is something of a concept album. We'll see exactly how the lyrics are, but I think it could be as much of one as Americana was. The only prediction I've made seems to be coming true! ;) And I'm pretty stoked about it, honestly.

I like you more and more, man. People here seem to have a very strange definition of "cohesive", and see it as the opposite of "diverse". Solid, sturdy, bound together, tight... these are words I would use to describe a cohesive album. A super diverse album can be cohesive, too. I don't think the songs on Ixnay or Americana were uniform or all that similar; those albums, though, were incredibly cohesive from start to finish. With songs like Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ, and Pay the Man, Americana was quite diverse and very cohesive. Splinter and RFRG were incredibly diverse, but also not cohesive.

Most of my favorite albums are the most diverse - made by bands who have a serious knack for diversity and genre-mixing. I like some of the Offspring's more adventurous attempts, like Pay the Man, YGGFK, A Lot Like Me, Living in Chaos, etc... they've also got some really bad diverse songs. But they also have some pretty lame punk songs, as well. So yeah, diverse does not mean good nor bad to me; it just means diverse.

Britpunk
06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Definitely agree with the drums comment, although I also have to point out that Atom's drumming sounded so much better live than Ron's. I think Ron sounded a lot tinnier and Atom had a lot more bass and power in his drumming.

Am I wrong to think that Atom didn't record though, so Brendan's influence wouldn't have affected him? Or am I misreading your point?

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I guess the difference, to me anyway, is while all three of their 2000s-albums go off in different directions, Splinter kind of truly "splintering" all over the place musically (not necessarily bad, I moderately like Splinter) and RAFRAG kinda being experimental but somehow "making sense together" in the first half before going totally in a different direction in the second (I guess aside from "SIFU")...

In contrast Co1's kind of following a similar thread throughout, leaning in different directions style-wise but kind of keeping a "core". I think both Splinter and RAFRAG have some wonderful (maybe better in some cases) individual songs, Co1's almost like a bridging between the late 90s stuff and what they've been doing more recently. Kinda has something for the traditionalists and the newer folks, but blending it together nicely instead of being more...I guess polarizing would be the word?

offsrx
06-13-2012, 12:40 PM

I'm not that much upset about the new songs right now, as I am about - Hollands statements.
How can he say that he don't wants to be cheesy after writing - Crusing California and Fix you? Like those songs or not - they are the essence of cheesiness.. ?!?? Saying such opposite statements - kinda questions his attitude and credibility?
Maybe he was tired..? dunno, Just saying...
As for the album - I'm gonna agree with some posts here - I'll first listen to it, and then I'll form my opinion and share it with the world..

Ristifer
06-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Dexter says he doesn't want to be cheesy, but he also said that he wanted to write a few fun songs when he realized that DGB had a lot of serious material on it. I don't see anything wrong with that. To some fans, it may be a cheesy song, but to others, they may see it as a fun song.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
It's both. So what?

Oxygene
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Awesome thanks llamas!

Piano in Future if now, can't wait to hear that (presumably in the bridge before the last chorus)

I think that's how they played it in London

Dexter_italy
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM

Yeah, ronwelty said it too, may it be that there is in those live version and we don't hear it? like a low volume sample? or was it played?
Well...I think I'll have my answers sunday :D

SeanAshmore
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Am I wrong to think that Atom didn't record though, so Brendan's influence wouldn't have affected him? Or am I misreading your point?

Ha yeah I think wires are getting crossed. I agreed with the comment that Brendan O'Brien made the drums on the CO1 and Splinter sound great, and then went on just to say that I preferred Atoms drumming live (on a separate note :S).

Llamas
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Dexter says he doesn't want to be cheesy, but he also said that he wanted to write a few fun songs when he realized that DGB had a lot of serious material on it. I don't see anything wrong with that. To some fans, it may be a cheesy song, but to others, they may see it as a fun song.

People keep saying this as though the Offspring doesn't usually write fun songs, but this once they decided to write something that's fun. Beheaded, Cool to Hate, YGGFK, Never Gonna Find Me, Walla Walla, Special Delivery, What Happened to You?.... these are FUN songs in my opinion! In fact, CC is more boring to me and less fun than most of their songs. Even if it wasn't cheesy and had serious lyrics, it'd be boring musically. A fun song is a fun song; a boring song is also a boring song.

SeanAshmore
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Thanks man I'll have to check it out on Youtube!

Ristifer
06-13-2012, 01:47 PM
People keep saying this as though the Offspring doesn't usually write fun songs, but this once they decided to write something that's fun. Beheaded, Cool to Hate, YGGFK, Never Gonna Find Me, Walla Walla, Special Delivery, What Happened to You?.... these are FUN songs in my opinion! In fact, CC is more boring to me and less fun than most of their songs. Even if it wasn't cheesy and had serious lyrics, it'd be boring musically. A fun song is a fun song; a boring song is also a boring song.
Well, that's what I'm saying though. It could be fun to some, and cheesy as hell to others. I'm with you as far as CC is concerned. It doesn't match up to the songs you mentioned, for sure. That's why I'm kinda hoping I Wanna Secret Family (With You) will be the fun song along the same lines as Special Delivery or Walla Walla.

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 01:57 PM
I like you more and more, man. People here seem to have a very strange definition of "cohesive", and see it as the opposite of "diverse". Solid, sturdy, bound together, tight... these are words I would use to describe a cohesive album. A super diverse album can be cohesive, too. I don't think the songs on Ixnay or Americana were uniform or all that similar; those albums, though, were incredibly cohesive from start to finish. With songs like Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ, and Pay the Man, Americana was quite diverse and very cohesive. Splinter and RFRG were incredibly diverse, but also not cohesive.
Hey, I guess you are talking to me. :d Cool post. I called Splinter cohesive in comparison to RFRG, but it's diverse a lot, now I call it a hybrid. I don't want to go as far as Ixnay or Americana because that's like 100% offspring and I don't want to bother with it. Co1 case is similar with some variations and then they start mixing it a lot with Splinter and even more with RFRG. Great analysis, I agree 100%.

I'm not that much upset about the new songs right now, as I am about - Hollands statements.
How can he say that he don't wants to be cheesy after writing - Crusing California and Fix you? Like those songs or not - they are the essence of cheesiness.. ?!?? Saying such opposite statements - kinda questions his attitude and credibility?
Maybe he was tired..? dunno, Just saying...
As for the album - I'm gonna agree with some posts here - I'll first listen to it, and then I'll form my opinion and share it with the world..
I don't see CC as cheesy. I think I have the word connected more to ballads. Fix You is actually good, but the intro vocals and yodeling towards the end is horrible. Not sure if cheesy, but really embarrassing. CC is quite innovative and they handled it well. It doesn't reach kitsch level either. They converted modern things into punk and punk is kinda low profile. CC is really something special. :d

Chainsaw
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Fix You is actually good, but the intro vocals and yodeling towards the end is horrible

Yodeling? You hear this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDDEk2AMJAI) in Fix you?

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
No, not really, I mean it in a derogatory way. He barely sang that part in the studio...and it reminds me of embarrassing things like Country and Yodeling.

He should have used a female vocalist, maybe, or Noodles! :D

KennedyDK
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I think fix you is one of their worst songs. Ive always disliked it. its WAAAY to mellow and boring. Cruising california is Amazing compared to that. I think this new album will be full of fresh surprises and i cant wait.

Ps- Fix you really is awful

Gregmau5
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Dexter on 'Secrets From the Underground'

'They feel like they've had enough. You can almost sense something in the air.'

Lyrics from DGB video

Feel the way?_____________
When the ___ have left a mark
With a promise of tomorrow
That tricks and leaves you in the dark
But there's something in the air
And there's something rising up
Not one but a million
That have had enough

Connection?

Degstur Lolland
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Lyrics from DGB video

Not one but a million
That have had enough

Connection?
That's what I was thinking, but didn't bother with it. I guessed that it was from Hurting As One.

Ristifer
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Lyrics from DGB video

Not one but a million
That have had enough

Connection?
It has to be SFTU. Dexter's comments about that song and how it's about people being pissed off and wanting something to change pretty much fits those lyrics perfectly.

Dirty Magic
06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but to all of you who lowered your expectations due to a journalist's opinion on the album (no offense to you in any way at all; everyone is entitled to their own opinion), when was the last time you (or any of us on the BBS for that matter) were actually influenced to change your opinions based on a review (from someone who most likely reviews many albums) that you read of an Offspring album? I think most of us here aren't your average fans by any stretch of the imagination, and by the time the album comes out, once we've taken it all in, we will most likely thoroughly enjoy it. The only other thing I'm waiting for in the remainder of the year is a headlining US tour.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but to all of you who lowered your expectations due to a journalist's opinion on the album (no offense to you in any way at all; everyone is entitled to their own opinion), when was the last time you (or any of us on the BBS for that matter) were actually influenced to change your opinions based on a review (from someone who most likely reviews many albums) that you read of an Offspring album? I think most of us here aren't your average fans by any stretch of the imagination, and by the time the album comes out, once we've taken it all in, we will most likely thoroughly enjoy it. The only other thing I'm waiting for in the remainder of the year is a headlining US tour.

They need to come to NYC, like, now.

thebestofme
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
thebestofme - one more thing if I can!

Tell us about Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens, Dexter and Noodles said that they are intentionaly like a ONE song. They really are similar or what? They are like Never Gonna Find Me and Lighting Rod or maybe Greenday's Jesus of Suburbia kind of thing?

No, Dividing by Zero and Slow Pickens doesn't seem like one track, not in Green Day manner, not in Never Gonna Find Me / Lighting Rod manner or even Have You Ever / Staring At The Sun - these are two separate tracks. Maybe there is some lyric connection - haven't listened to it so carefully.

NoGuessing
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I hate to ask but...are there any songs some people will call rip offs?

Rooster
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
thebestofme, is the new album harder or more mellow than RAFRAG was?

Dirty Magic
06-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Another question for you, thebestofme... Does All I Have Left Is You have the guitar riff that starts at 0:50 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vlgbhRYzuI

GamerKT
06-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Another question for you, thebestofme... Does All I Have Left Is You have the guitar riff that starts at 0:50 in this video?

This. Answer this one, please.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I can still have hope. Don't crush my hope.

Guys, I'm a journalist too, I've heard the record. I actually wrote the record while I was at secret mission in the Earth's core, fighting with core people.
"core people" :D

I keep hearing "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash in my head.
Same here.

This is a good point

Good question. Really good question.

TeddyBear_Army
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Good question. Really good question.

PERFECT question, I'd say.

Dirty Magic
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I wish I would have asked it sooner to be honest. I'm surprised no one else had asked, given the thread on the song and all.

cool 2 hate 681
06-14-2012, 07:21 PM

great question:)

thebestofme
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM
@NoGuessing: There are no rip offs on this album, not like last track on RAFRAG where so many people hears Green Day. Still it's a self-rip-off from few previous albums.

@Raptor88: It's not really harder and not more mellow. For me it doesn't have a real character which is the biggest problem cause there are few good songs there but I don't know how to listen to this in its entity.

@Dirty Magic: For sure it isn't riff that was used in this song, because it's really dark and All I Have Left Is You is so sooo similar to songs like Fix You. But of course it could have been changed. Still you won't hear this in first listen (and few others).
EDIT: OK, I checked it carefully, I don't think it's possible that anywhere in this song you could hear anything like this riff.

@KickHimWhenHe'sDown: You won't hear Guns Of Brixton in OC Guns :))) It's not that kind of song.

Manic subsidal
06-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Really doubt it's pass me by. Dexter told me, Camila, and some other fans that they just trashed the song. Don't know why he would lie about it..

tylercosgrove1989
06-14-2012, 11:24 PM
@NoGuessing: There are no rip offs on this album, not like last track on RAFRAG where so many people hears Green Day. Still it's a self-rip-off from few previous albums.

@Raptor88: It's not really harder and not more mellow. For me it doesn't have a real character which is the biggest problem cause there are few good songs there but I don't know how to listen to this in its entity.

@Dirty Magic: For sure it isn't riff that was used in this song, because it's really dark and All I Have Left Is You is so sooo similar to songs like Fix You. But of course it could have been changed. Still you won't hear this in first listen (and few others).
EDIT: OK, I checked it carefully, I don't think it's possible that anywhere in this song you could hear anything like this riff.

@KickHimWhenHe'sDown: You won't hear Guns Of Brixton in OC Guns :))) It's not that kind of song.

I envy you. I wish I could just go to sleep and not wake up until I can finally hear the damn album. Journalists get to have all the fun.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-16-2012, 10:23 AM
@KickHimWhenHe'sDown: You won't hear Guns Of Brixton in OC Guns :) It's not that kind of song.
Oh well. I'm sure it will rock in it's own way.

Rooster
06-18-2012, 05:11 AM

Hey thanks for the answer. I was worried they took a more mellow route, but looks like I don't need to worry too much. I'll wait till I hear the album, maybe it won't seem as character-less to me as it does to you, but hey, everyone has his own opinion :)

At least the ending seems to be strong this time around, which makes me very happy!