PDA

View Full Version : I think its really cool that

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 12:56 PM
The Offspring are putting so much effort into getting back in touch with their core group of fans. They've had all these contests in the last year, Nizzy Doodles has taken over twitter, they are posting professional photos of nearly every show they've been doing, and the game with the album cover was just plain fun. You guys don't necessarily realize this, but they KNOW who you are. They know the usernames of the most frequent/consistent members. They pay attention.

I think its pretty amazing that after nearly 30 years as a band, they are still working so hard to know who their fans are and give them what they want. Even if you don't like the new singles (I didn't at first, but they've grown on me), you've gotta appreciate everything else they have been doing. :D I think its pretty damn cool!

XYlophonetreeZ
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
They know the usernames of the most frequent/consistent members. They pay attention.
Big Brother is watching. The Future is Now.

:eek:

ad8
06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Seconded! This sort of thing was what I missed a bit in 2006-2007 and I always dreamed of shows where they would play some of their much older stuff... it is really awesome to see that dream come true now :)

TheNooseIsFalling
06-12-2012, 01:08 PM

There's a reason Noodles wears those glasses. He sees it all. Watch thyself!

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 01:11 PM
You guys don't necessarily realize this, but they KNOW who you are. They know the usernames of the most frequent/consistent members. They pay attention.

I'm glad someone is finally noticing this!

Godxilla
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM

C'mon man! The Offspring are trying to learn who we are and what we like. That's a GREAT thing, and completely unlike Big Bro. They want to use us to figure out what sort of songs we react positively to. Because in the end, somebody's got to pay Dexter's bills, and he therefore needs our cash to help him do that. It makes sense that he wants to learn all about us, so that we will buy his CDs and help him pay his bills. As for Noodles, he might have a more sinister intent in watching us...

Hey Man Where's Everybody
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Does Noodles know who I am? I'm not much of a poster now, but I was kind of a big deal around here back in 2001.

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
The next time Dexter asks me something, I'll answer "Because, the car" and see what he does, just for you. ;)

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention all the old school music they've been playing. People HERE have been asking for years and we were given exactly what we asked for.

I know cause you've told me/us as a board more than once. I also know because they saw and heard the RAFRAG covers and Dexter posted in the thread. And all the time, members meet them and we hear about how Dexter or Noodles recognized them by username. And when iGustavo called Loveline... That was the funniest thing I've ever heard! And still, no one pays attention to that!

We are some of their biggest fans and their unauthorized street team. Why would anyone think they don't know or care about what goes on here?

Little_Miss_1565
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I know cause you've told me/us as a board more than once. I also know because they saw and heard the RAFRAG covers and Dexter posted in the thread. And all the time, members meet them and we hear about how Dexter or Noodles recognized them by username. And when iGustavo called Loveline... That was the funniest thing I've ever heard! And still, no one pays attention to that!

lolol. Yeah. I just figured everyone ignored me. I've let a few hints about other things slip a couple times and was basically ignored. I guess I have to get all Chairman Mao (or, more appropriately, Chairman Meow) before anyone pays attention to anything I say. ;)

But yeah, Gustavo on Loveline was amazing, and Dexter IDing Camila on sight with no prompting from anyone else at the Long Beach Ignition show. I think the Web Dude and post Web Dude years where the band was essentially absent from the site unless Noodles was drunk and wanting to debate politics trained people to think no one associated with the band paid any attention to this place at all. It's a good thing I don't drink much anymore or I might accidentally let slip how this whole new-world-order forum thing came about. ;)

tylercosgrove1989
06-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention all the old school music they've been playing. People HERE have been asking for years and we were given exactly what we asked for.

We are some of their biggest fans and their unauthorized street team. Why would anyone think they don't know or care about what goes on here?

I was on loveline that same night as well! I didn't do as good as Gustavo of course, but it was so great getting to chat it up with Dexter and noodles! I will never forget that night.

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Just because I pay attention, doesn't mean anyone else does. :p

TheJakes84
06-12-2012, 06:20 PM
_Lost_ You're so sweet. :) I'm just a fan, not a hardcore fan, will I be remembered by the band? If I met one of them, I will revealed that I'm not a troll aka iPunk.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I doubt they know who I am, but maybe one day.....

I'll just have to stick around for a few more years and try to go to concerts.

killboybowerhead
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I miss the days we could compete for a million dollars..

dff_punk
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Really wonderful and uplifting words girl!

I'm sure when I will finally meet them after all my failed attempts(the drunk epic fail in Slovakia 2009, anyone remember? haha), they will know who I am. And mark my words, I WILL get to meet them finally, I tend to believe a very special meeting is prepared for me in the future.

</end overly optimistic bullshit>

mrconeman
06-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I hope they don't know me, because I still genuinely love this band, and I've been overwhelmingly negative as of late.

Godxilla
06-12-2012, 07:39 PM
I hope they don't know me, because I still genuinely love this band, and I've been overwhelmingly negative as of late.

Then lighten up, man! "It's easy if you try"~ John Lennon

hshduppsnt
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
lolol. Yeah. I just figured everyone ignored me. I've let a few hints about other things slip a couple times and was basically ignored. I guess I have to get all Chairman Mao (or, more appropriately, Chairman Meow) before anyone pays attention to anything I say. ;)

But yeah, Gustavo on Loveline was amazing, and Dexter IDing Camila on sight with no prompting from anyone else at the Long Beach Ignition show. I think the Web Dude and post Web Dude years where the band was essentially absent from the site unless Noodles was drunk and wanting to debate politics trained people to think no one associated with the band paid any attention to this place at all. It's a good thing I don't drink much anymore or I might accidentally let slip how this whole new-world-order forum thing came about. ;)

So what you're saying is once again... it's WebDude's fault :D hahaha.

oh and way to tease some information there haha!

_Lost_
06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
1565 is a tease.

Omni
06-12-2012, 08:30 PM

I've considered it, too, but I just thought the Administrator probably had more to do with that than the band. Still, if the top active posters met them backstage at a show and said "I'm --- from the Forums," I'd say there's a better than average chance the band would know who they were.

That's more than a lot of bands could say, even the younger ones who didn't make five or six albums before this whole "Internet" thing took off.

Gustavo
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
And when iGustavo called Loveline... That was the funniest thing I've ever heard! And still, no one pays attention to that!

Hey, I sure as hell pay attention to that!

I was on loveline that same night as well! I didn't do as good as Gustavo of course, but it was so great getting to chat it up with Dexter and noodles! I will never forget that night.

I won't forget that night either!

Yeah, we all know that The Offspring are nice guys. I mean, not every band pays this kind of attention to the fans and are as nice to them as The Offspring are to us. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet, but I believe that when I do, and as dff_punk said, mark my words: I WILL meet them, I think that they'll remember me and I'll probably have one of the best times of my life.

I work for this brazilian band that was basically as big as The Offspring in the '90s (only in Brasil, though), and they are also very nice to their fans, they know most of their unofficial street team members by name and dedicated their last album to them and that's also pretty awesome. I feel like that The Offspring are like them, even though they are a much bigger band, and I think that's an awesome in big artists, it's nice to know that they're not just good at what they do, but they're also good at being good human beings. Some of my idols have let me down in the past (I'm talking about you, Bad Religion, and yeah, you, Jay Bentley), and it's a really disappointing experience, nice to know that my favorite band ever isn't like that.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 05:31 AM
lthe Web Dude and post Web Dude years where the band was essentially absent from the site unless Noodles was drunk and wanting to debate politics

I remember this fondly. :p And when "Jewdles" caught on for a while.

I fucking miss 10 years ago. A lot.

Puschka
06-13-2012, 06:55 AM
The Offspring are putting so much effort into getting back in touch with their core group of fans. They've had all these contests in the last year, Nizzy Doodles has taken over twitter, they are posting professional photos of nearly every show they've been doing, and the game with the album cover was just plain fun. You guys don't necessarily realize this, but they KNOW who you are. They know the usernames of the most frequent/consistent members. They pay attention.

I think its pretty amazing that after nearly 30 years as a band, they are still working so hard to know who their fans are and give them what they want. Even if you don't like the new singles (I didn't at first, but they've grown on me), you've gotta appreciate everything else they have been doing. :D I think its pretty damn cool!
I though that too! And I want to say something: Dexter, Noodles, Greg and Pete not everyone here hates Cruising California and all the things you've been doing lately! Here are also fans that support you and fans that are grateful for every single album you release! Guys thank you for everything since S/T until Days Go By, you've changed so many lives in a good way! Have an awesome tour this year and please come to Latin America and if you can come to Paraguay too :D! Long life to the Offspring!!!