PDA

View Full Version : Engagement at Offspring Show

DMelges
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
This is officially awesome. Someone managed to get on stage and propose at an Offspring show in Paris these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsP9cJJMxRM&feature=share

Is this the same Paris show in which they played Nitro? The band should've played Me & My Old Lady in dedication to the newlyweds! hahaha

TheJakes84
06-13-2012, 09:33 AM
How brave of him to do something so special for her. :)

Jojan
06-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Or She's Got Issues, or Denial, Revisited, or I Wanna Secret Family (With You), or The Blurb.

Supa
06-13-2012, 11:28 AM
The Blurb would've been the best dedication.

Larry
06-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah, i was there, and i see it, a man with BIG BALLS héhé ;) Hope the best for them! :)

killboybowerhead
06-13-2012, 12:24 PM
this is kinda funny. sweet though.

TheJakes84
06-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Congrats! Romance is in the air for them both. :)

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Aww. :)

Etc.

Pretty cool!

Llamas
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I hate public proposals. Despise. Stop taking public events and making them all about you; you're not that special. If you wanna get married, good for you. Your friends will congratulate you. But stop expecting a ton of strangers who are there to see a band play (or a movie, or have dinner, or whatever) to care that you're getting married.

Eskimo
06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Your soul is more of a burning inferno of dickish cynicism than mine.

:)

Llamas
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Haha, I'm not even that cynical :D Public proposals just really annoy me. I simply do not care if people I don't know are getting married, and I doubt anyone really does, but they feel compelled to applaud and cheer because it's nice. But people like attention and will do anything for it. Somehow, people also think that they're being extra romantic if they do it in front of everyone, and make it really really really hard for the other person to say no.

This, on the other hand, is freaking adorable and awesome (not public, though... dunno why they called it a public proposal). http://www.marylandjuice.com/2012/05/video-best-public-wedding-proposal-ever.html

TheNooseIsFalling
06-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I hate public proposals. Despise. Stop taking public events and making them all about you; you're not that special. If you wanna get married, good for you. Your friends will congratulate you. But stop expecting a ton of strangers who are there to see a band play (or a movie, or have dinner, or whatever) to care that you're getting married.

Couldn't agree more. And the guy was a bit of a dick about it too, like he was too busy talking into the mic, rather than to give a fuck about the poor girl.

Chainsaw
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Ha, yeah, it really seemed like he enjoyed the attention more than the actual 'yes'.

GamerKT
06-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Did he tell her that they'll be together for forever and a day?

Llamas
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I think the band should've performed the following set list:

1. She's Got Issues
2. Spare Me the Details
3. I'll Be Waiting
4. Dirty Magic
5. Feelings
6. Me and My Old Lady
7. Self Esteem
8. Want You Bad
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Session
11. So Alone
12. Hit That
13. When You're in Prison

Gustavo
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM

1. She's Got Issues
2. Spare Me the Details
3. I'll Be Waiting
4. Dirty Magic
5. Feelings
6. Me and My Old Lady
7. Self Esteem
8. Want You Bad
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Session
11. So Alone
12. Hit That

This made me lol so freaking hard. Good one, Llamas.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM

1. She's Got Issues
2. Spare Me the Details
3. I'll Be Waiting
4. Dirty Magic
5. Feelings
6. Me and My Old Lady
7. Self Esteem
8. Want You Bad
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Session
11. So Alone
12. Hit That

lololol, so much win

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-14-2012, 06:57 PM
or The Blurb.
Definitely

I agree. I really couldn't care less about two strangers getting engaged.

1. She's Got Issues
2. Spare Me the Details
3. I'll Be Waiting
4. Dirty Magic
5. Feelings
6. Me and My Old Lady
7. Self Esteem
8. Want You Bad
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Session
11. So Alone
12. Hit That
The order makes it seem as if it was a confusing relationship.

samseby
06-15-2012, 06:34 AM
I hate public proposals. Despise.

Same here. Gosh, so many attention whores out there :( So not romantic ... Still waiting for someone to actually say "No" though. That'd be fun. :p

Only thing beating a public proposal would be one via facebook or twitter. But I'm pretty sure these already happened too ...

Llamas
06-15-2012, 08:06 AM
The order makes it seem as if it was a confusing relationship.
True. It was a random order, as I thought of songs about relationships. Better order:

1. Want You Bad
2. Session
3. Self Esteem
4. Me and My Old Lady
5. Spare Me the Details
6. She's Got Issues
7. Dirty Magic
8. Hit That
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Feelings
11. I'll Be Waiting
12. So Alone

Same here. Gosh, so many attention whores out there :( So not romantic ... Still waiting for someone to actually say "No" though. That'd be fun. :p

Only thing beating a public proposal would be one via facebook or twitter. But I'm pretty sure these already happened too ...

Hahaha, if some idiot actually proposed to me in public like that, I'd say no just to spite him/her... and then later maybe I'd say yes if I wasn't still pissed ;)

findout5
06-15-2012, 08:21 AM
This is pretty cool.
I had seen a lot of people getting penis-poked at Offspring shows, especially in the mosh pit...just not ever seen a proposal come out of it!
See girls...there's always hope of not becoming aunts!

steinberg
06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.

auto paint protection (http://www.cilajet.com/)

Lord Phidias
06-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Lol, biter much? Marriage, offspring, continuity of life, preservation of human race, good thing to celebrate, I guess... cheers to engaged couples.

Of course you don't need to get marry to breed children, I'm just saying it's nice, who cares if the proposing guy (or girl, less conventional but it has happened) wants the attention, that has nothing to do with anything, may be douchey if you overthink it, it also depends on the situation, but I believe it's cool, I don't like other people's disgrace and other people's happiness draws a smile on my face.

EDIT---

I'm loving this, btw...

Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.

GamerKT
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Public proposals rarely get a no. If anything, the girl will tell him no afterwards.

Llamas
06-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Marriage, offspring, continuity of life, preservation of human race, good thing to celebrate, I guess... cheers to engaged couples.

Haha, wow. I don't even know what else to say to this except... wow.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
True. It was a random order, as I thought of songs about relationships. Better order:

1. Want You Bad
2. Session
3. Self Esteem
4. Me and My Old Lady
5. Spare Me the Details
6. She's Got Issues
7. Dirty Magic
8. Hit That
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Feelings
11. I'll Be Waiting
12. So Alone

Much better. Although, When You're In Prison would fit in nicely for the part of the set-list where they're actually married. :D

Lord Phidias
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha, wow. I don't even know what else to say to this except... wow.

I'm actually pro-humanity, there's evil everywhere, but the good makes it all worth it, if this is what you are talking about.

GamerKT
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM

1. Want You Bad
2. Session
3. Self Esteem
4. Me and My Old Lady
5. Spare Me the Details
6. She's Got Issues
7. Dirty Magic
8. Hit That
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Feelings
11. I'll Be Waiting
12. So Alone

Hahaha, if some idiot actually proposed to me in public like that, I'd say no just to spite him/her... and then later maybe I'd say yes if I wasn't still pissed ;)

You gotta put I Wanna Secret Family (With You) somewhere in there now.

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM

1. She's Got Issues
2. Spare Me the Details
3. I'll Be Waiting
4. Dirty Magic
5. Feelings
6. Me and My Old Lady
7. Self Esteem
8. Want You Bad
9. Denial, Revisited
10. Session
11. So Alone
12. Hit That

Or Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk). & All I have Left Is You.

Greekoldfan
06-21-2012, 11:46 PM
I liked them :) I found that punk