PDA

View Full Version : Pete has proven himself

bouncingcoles
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Okay so recently iv decided that pete kicks ass at drumming and makes the songs sound better live. I saw videos of him performing at rock am ring 2012 and he's got crazy energy. I'v decided he is a good fit for the offspring and hope he stays with them forever!

agree?

Oxygene
06-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Okay so recently iv decided that pete kicks ass at drumming and makes the songs sound better live. I saw videos of him performing at rock am ring 2012 and he's got crazy energy. I'v decided he is a good fit for the offspring and hope he stays with them forever!

agree?

I made this decision in 09 :))

Manic subsidal
06-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah the new drummer took a while to grow on me too. I think it's because Atom was so freaking crazy and awesome. But after seeing Pete live.. oh wait, he is too!

Dexter_italy
06-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I made this decision in 09 :))

Agree with this. Pete is THE man!

killboybowerhead
06-15-2012, 12:39 AM
He's always been pretty good. Especially in Saves the Day.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Agreed, he brings down at least as much of a thunder as Atom, and a lot more than Ron. Pete rules!

randman21
06-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Totally agree. For some reason, he won me over as soon as he joined the band, but after seeing them live a few times, I don't even think of him as "The Offspring's latest drummer".

Chainsaw
06-15-2012, 04:08 AM
He's cool. It doesn't feel like he's 100% part of the band to me for some reason. Maybe because he didn't do the whole album himself. Not a big deal though, I get their reasons.

Dexter_italy
06-15-2012, 04:52 AM
He's cool. It doesn't feel like he's 100% part of the band to me for some reason. Maybe because he didn't do the whole album himself. Not a big deal though, I get their reasons.

well..neither ron did...

TheJakes84
06-15-2012, 04:58 AM
100% I strongly agreed. Pete is the perfect drummer for The Offspring. :)

Chainsaw
06-15-2012, 05:12 AM
well..neither ron did...

Oh? Didn't he? I didn't pay much attention to that before, nor do I really do now actually. So, forget what I said earlier, Pete's awesome!

Lord Phidias
06-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Agreed, he brings down at least as much of a thunder as Atom, and a lot more than Ron. Pete rules!

Ron was perfect, steady rythm, not too much (or any) crazyness going on, but his drumming just merged perfectly with the music, with the other guys you kinda notice them, don't know how to explain it...

Yeah the new drummer took a while to grow on me too. I think it's because Atom was so freaking crazy and awesome. But after seeing Pete live.. oh wait, he is too!

From my perspective, Atom was way better than Pete, I've seen parts where Pete kind of loses tempo, but I like more Pete as a person than Atom, he is so cool, so I actually prefer him.

cool 2 hate 681
06-15-2012, 12:58 PM
i accepted him as soon as i saw the video of him at summer sonic 2007 great drummer i hope he stays with the offspring until the end

Tijs
06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Atom was a great great drummer, but Pete fits the band more. More laid back or something, more humble. But still rockin' it away.

Especially now that he's controlling the voices on stage "Everybody say... Noodles!"

TheOldMark
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
ive liked hearing him refer to the band as "us". Like "hey bootleggers, stop ripping us off" as opposed to "stop ripping off my band". Hes in. Plus his mohawk is pretty sweet. Go Pete!

Fuck Atom!

Camila
06-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Although I like Atom, he was the one I never felt to be part of the band even though he had always shown a lot of energy. Pete is different because he seems to be more part of the band; this tour more than ever. For some reason, I also feel like Todd should get some credit too.

I agree with TheOldMark; I liked the "us" of that update too.

cool 2 hate 681
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
For some reason, I also feel like Todd should get some credit too.

me too he has been touring with the band longer than atom did

Camila
06-15-2012, 02:47 PM
me too he has been touring with the band longer than atom did

Yeah. He's been around long enough and seems to enjoy being part of it. :)

DMelges
06-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I think Pete is really great. He's a comic book nerd and he seems like a great guy, I've talked to him a little bit. He fits the band very wel..

But I really think Atom is a better drummer and has alot more energy. Anyone ever hear Angels and Airwaves? Atom really kicks ass on their albums. Very creative and tecnhical drumming.

Pete has a more direct punk style. Doesn't take alot of risks, and has less toms and symbols on his drum set.

Camila
06-15-2012, 03:06 PM
But I really think Atom is a better drummer and has alot more energy. Anyone ever hear Angels and Airwaves? Atom really kicks ass on their albums. Very creative and tecnhical drumming.

I've seen AVA live, and yes Atom has a lot of energy. However, it seems like he does his own private show, you know? He's not much of a band thing in my opinion. So much so he's not part of AVA anymore either.

cool 2 hate 681
06-15-2012, 03:07 PM

i heard the first 3 albums i thought they were pretty boring atom was the only good part of that band without him they are even worse

DMelges
06-15-2012, 03:15 PM
i heard the first 3 albums i thought they were pretty boring atom was the only good part of that band without him they are even worse

I enjoy some of the songs. Very different music style and the best songs on the albums deserve some notice in my opinion, but yes Atom is the best part of the band and he is really really good. Would've been nice to see his drumming creativity in Offspring's songs.

SåS
06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Backed man, it hasn't been until they've started playing their older/less frequent songs more that we've seen his full ability, he gets into them a lot more, the whole band does! but anyway, %100 pete is worthy of the band.

People diss Ron too quickly, he was crazy with stamina and complimented the band with tasteful drumming, he just wasn't a show off, not to say Pete is, Petes style is just so much more powerhouse punk than Rons/

Degstur Lolland
06-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Holy shiz, Ron is like almost forgotten, bring him back or something.

Atom was a hard hitting drummer, not really fitting the band. Maybe an opposite to Ron, haven't heard Ron for a long time, I'm telling you forgotten. :D

Now, Pete, I don't think they could have gotten a better drummer, maybe Josh Freese personally, but Pete fits so well. The whole band is tight now.

Llamas
06-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Pete's the only drummer since Ron left that I've actually liked more than Ron. I love Josh Freese, but not with this band. He's very technical and precise, which is great with a band like APC... but Pete's better for this band. And Atom was energetic, but not a very good drummer. I was never a fan of his.