PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana

TheJakes84
06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Nevermind was my first love. I miss Kurt Cobain. I wish he was still alive and making music. RIP :( :(

Liked the David Bowie's cover for The Man Who Sold The World. So, any fans still listens to old stuff?

Puschka
06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm not a fan but I do like Nirvana very much! When I was 15 I always listened to Nirvana, Blink 182 and of course The Offspring one friend was crazy about Nirvana, another about Blink, and me about The Offspring. And now sometimes I listen to Nirvana (Huge band)

Mission from God
06-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I love Nirvana. Okay, it isn't my favorite band, but I like how they played music. They are a piece of music history. I miss Kurt too :(

Eskimo
06-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Never got the love for 'em, personally. Even in terms of "importance", I mean, they're the worst of the big four or five grunge bands, and stadium rock/glam rock etc was dying out anyway.

They always just seemed like their whole "icon" status came from being the most accessible, to me. Like, they can't hold a fucking candle to Alice or Soundgarden, even Pearl Jam really, but they're the monster band, voice of a generation blah blah.

Then again, I'm an asshole.

Puschka
06-16-2012, 01:26 PM
they're the worst of the big four or five grunge bands, hahahaha It's your point of view, it's ok! I won't defend them ! I only defend The Offspring!

jacknife737
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
They're pretty much the only band from the grunge scene that i enjoy. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, ect just bore me to tears.

In Utero is such a killer album: even though i haven't listened to it in ages.

Rooster
06-16-2012, 02:40 PM
For me, it's all about Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. I can't get into Pearl Jam, they are ok and all, but I don't know. I just don't like them as much as the others.

Soundgarden are far from being boring for me, and AiC are simply brilliant.

disclaimer_07
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I really enjoy Nirvana but I guess Smells Like Teen Spirit is their most overrated song ever. While it still is a great song, pretty much every other track off "Nevermind" clicks with me far better. "In Utero" had to grow on me though, now I like it a lot but I haven't listened to some of the songs in a really long time. "Heart-Shaped Box" is probably my favorite track on that album.

And at one point I was trying to get into Pearl Jam but it just didn't work for me.

Godxilla
06-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I miss Kurt too. It would be really awesome if they were still here with us. But then again, what has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 2 heads? Nirvana.

And let me correct this: it was Nirvana that covered Bowie, not the other way around.
Dex bless Kurt's soul, RIP.

findout5
06-17-2012, 04:41 AM
I tend to listen more and more to In Utero as the years go by. There's a few lines there that really resonate with me...like:
"What is wrong with me?..."
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first..."
"In the sun I feel as one"
etc.

The other records I listen to at least once a year.

Forza
07-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I tend to listen more and more to In Utero as the years go by. There's a few lines there that really resonate with me...like:
"What is wrong with me?..."
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first..."
"In the sun I feel as one"
etc.

The other records I listen to at least once a year.

What about "I miss the comfort in being sad"? After 8 years not listening actively to Nirvana, the Frances Farmer song really hooked me again somehow.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-24-2012, 08:42 AM
But then again, what has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 2 heads? Nirvana.

I'm going to use that sometime.

findout5
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM
What about "I miss the comfort in being sad"? After 8 years not listening actively to Nirvana, the Frances Farmer song really hooked me again somehow.

I love that line as well! Sorry for posting this kinda late, but I only read it now.

cool 2 hate 681
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
lol the fake sublime is playing drain you now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPYIAuYY_Xk

OC HAU
08-30-2012, 04:37 AM
http://youtu.be/ICrVUX1S_LI

MOTO13
08-30-2012, 02:01 PM
... So, any fans still listens to old stuff?

Speaking of old stuff, I was trying to post a video by Adam and the Ants...Kings of the Wild Frontier. Awsome stuff. Adam and the Ants ruled in the day. Too fucking cool...

Can someone post this video? I suck at it...I tried but failed miserably.

Tiny Vessels
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Speaking of old stuff, I was trying to post a video by Adam and the Ants...Kings of the Wild Frontier. Awsome stuff. Adam and the Ants ruled in the day. Too fucking cool...

Can someone post this video? I suck at it...I tried but failed miserably.

For one Adam and the ants suck. For two go to YouTube click the vid then you left click click copy vid url and then you post.

Tiny Vessels
09-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Happy 21 birthday Nevermind.