PDA

View Full Version : Hometown U.S.A.

dsiemon
06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
[So it's been a year or so (at least) and I wanted to plug a book I self-published, but if it's not cool, I'll understand if the post is deleted.]

Back in 2009, I wrote a whole bunch of short stories during what is called NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). A few years later, I learned about a way to self-publish that fits my current budget (free).

"Hometown U.S.A." is available for purchase at Amazon or via download on your Kindle device. I also found out you can share the book through a Kindle Select program, in case you liked the book and wanted your friends to check it out.

It's a collection of stories based on real events from a small town I grew up in, with some really messed up situations. That's really the best way I can describe without going into the somewhat graphic details (murder, drug use, alcohol abuse, etc. etc.)

I'm hoping it does well considering I haven't been able to hire a proofreader, an agent, etc. And I'm still suffering from post concussion syndrome after a car accident a few months ago.

If you pick up a copy, I greatly appreciate it. If you love it, great. If not, let me know so I can improve on my next project I'm (supposedly) working on.

will2k
06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
I would suggest offering a sample of your writing within this thread if you expect the garner any interest.

dsiemon
06-16-2012, 02:23 PM
There is a sample on Amazon. I think you click a link of the book cover. Just the way they formatted the pages on that are screwed up.