PDA

View Full Version : -Not calling it quits anytime soon....!

TheJakes84
06-17-2012, 11:47 AM
-We'll be expecting a tenth album in like how many more/less years....?:)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-17-2012, 11:51 AM
A little less than 4 years is my baseless guess. I'm going to make a guess right now and see how close I am when it comes out. March 15, 2016. Time for a spring release.

Defender
06-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think it will take more than 2 or 2,5 years. I just don't believe that they could delay the album for so long as they did with RaFRaG and Days go By.

samseby
06-17-2012, 12:49 PM
-We'll be expecting a tenth album in like how many more/less years....?:)

Seriously?

TheJakes84
06-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Seriously?

Yes. I don't know if an eleventh/twelve & 13th album is possible though. It's quite unpredictable the weel of a fortune teller cookie. :)

nightvision
06-17-2012, 01:39 PM
November 9, 2015.

Yeah, back to the november releases!

cool 2 hate 681
06-17-2012, 01:50 PM
i think we would be very lucky to hear a 10th album

right now lets just try to enjoy days go by:)

dff_punk
06-17-2012, 01:59 PM
right now lets just try to enjoy days go by:)

I know right? It's really a matter of a short time before we hear it, never been that excited and impatient as now. All these new threads really are just filler stuff to me at this very moment.

Degstur Lolland
06-17-2012, 02:27 PM
December 2016 :d

But, more seriously, June 2015 if it's quick, June 2016 if it's the same pace.

TheJakes84
06-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Dexter once said that, "The New Record" will be done by March? :rolleyes: Haha, let's just hope that he'll repeat himself twice again with a 10th album.

Jake2493
06-17-2012, 02:54 PM
The reason the gap between albums has gotten longer is directly related to the music business. In the 90's bands used to tour to promote their albums. Before mp3's started booming album sales were the primary money maker for bands. In 2012 bands are making albums simply to promote their tours. Which is now the main source of income for bands. Putting out a new album every other year just isn't viable anymore because the albums don't make enough money. Although I'd be the first to admit I would love a new album every other year! :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-17-2012, 03:03 PM
The reason the gap between albums has gotten longer is directly related to the music business. In the 90's bands used to tour to promote their albums. Before mp3's started booming album sales were the primary money maker for bands. In 2012 bands are making albums simply to promote their tours. Which is now the main source of income for bands. Putting out a new album every other year just isn't viable anymore because the albums don't make enough money. Although I'd be the first to admit I would love a new album every other year! :D
Welcome to the boards!

BagOfShenanigans
06-17-2012, 03:08 PM
August 2nd, 2016.

Degstur Lolland
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
4 year pace seems a bit much for this band, but it's somehow acceptable especially if they keep making music for a long time beyond 10 albums. 3 year pace would be ideal at this point, they would have done one more. Splinter and RFRG weren't too impressive for me so I wouldn't mind more albums, but let's wait for DGB. :d

Britpunk
06-17-2012, 04:12 PM
What I'd like to happen: Fall 2013, the Offspring have just completed their DGB World Tour, ending as always with a bunch of Euro Festival dates. They take 3 months off, then book 2 months in the studio, with one intention - Whatever they produce out of these sessions is album no. 10. It's released in Jan 14.

What will probably happen: they'll tour til Spring 2013, take a couple of months off and begin demoing tracks. They'll then hit the festival circuit and revisit the studio in Winter. They then get invited on some 'punk-rock-90's' travelling North-American festi-tour early 2014 with GD, Blink, Rancid, maybe some 3rd wave ska bands...and they'll do that for a bit, before doing a few club shows for 20-year Smash anniversary. They take a long winter break, before hitting the studio again early 2015. They break for some Japanese, then Euro festivals and then go back into the studio for Fall 2015. We get the first album quality preview track in January 2016 and they do a few Aussie dates. They then hit the studio once again and wrap things up and the album is released toward the climax of yet another Euro festival tour, sometime around September.

Having said all that I reckon there's a small chance of a live album in the next 2 years. It's about bloody time..

BigFish
06-17-2012, 04:18 PM
i think we would be very lucky to hear a 10th album

Dexter has already said when talking about The Future is Now that there will be a lot more of that type of subject material on the next album.

TheJakes84
06-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Be carefull what we all wish for, eh. Still, is it just me or is the band gonna stick around when they're 50. Or retired to be with their families.

Jake2493
06-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the board! I really regret not joining way back in 2003. Im a huge offspring fan! I've been to 10 Offspring shows, and all things considered, I think RFRAG was a huge success for the band, and I was impressed with it. I remember listening to the first four songs for the first time and being blown away. It's easy to dismiss it, and wish or a more traditional offspring record, but Hammerhead skyrocketed the band back into peoples conscience. Then YGGFK made a new generation aware of a great band. Now we wait to see what Days Go By has in store for us. I think we're all gonna be surprised.

cool 2 hate 681
06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Dexter has already said when talking about The Future is Now that there will be a lot more of that type of subject material on the next album.

i forgot about that:o so i guess there will be another album after this

Degstur Lolland
06-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, 10 albums for sure, they were talking about it even before.

As for Splinter and RFRG again, I still like them more or less with some brilliant stuff on it too. RFRG wasn't accepted very well here at the bbs and if you look in retrospective they both don't seem like huge albums.

I have a good feeling about DGB and maybe even people here are more ready for it than RFRG.

Now I wonder how do you measure illegal downloads. They hope for the most stolen album.

the hitcher
06-17-2012, 05:25 PM

its actually interesting how far the future is now subject will go
if we get a tenth album.

if they enjoy makeing music (witch they've said in the past) i dont see why
we would'ent get a tenth or more albums, i say go for it:)

Unnatural Disaster
06-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Based on the current trend, I wouldn't expect a new album any earlier than 2016-2017. By then Dexter will be in his early 50s. It's probably safe to say that we are nearing the end of the Offspring era, but who knows...?

TheJakes84
06-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Dexter Holland, Noodles, Greg K and Pete p,

What's in store for us the fans in the future, a 10th album?

Love,
Dulce

killboybowerhead
06-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Ya I don't see them like breaking up or anything. They just seem to get along and well whats the point of breaking up.. They just may become more inactive.. But bands like the buzzcocks still play... they're from mid 70s early 80s.. And then of course you have the rolling stones.

the hitcher
06-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Ya I don't see them like breaking up or anything. They just seem to get along and well whats the point of breaking up.. They just may become more inactive.. But bands like the buzzcocks still play... they're from mid 70s early 80s.. And then of course you have the rolling stones.

wern't both band's dorment for quit a while though?

killboybowerhead
06-17-2012, 11:21 PM
yea, but its not breaking up.

samseby
06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Um, No 9 still isn't in the stores. Could we just wait for No 9, enjoy it, discuss about it and see what happens afterwards? ;) Just a suggestion ...

TheJakes84
06-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Fair enough.

TheOldMark
06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
well thats good news considering they only have one left on their Sony contract...

Marks guess: April 8, 2014. On the 20th anniversary of Smash's release.

NoGuessing
06-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I thought this was their last album on Columbia?

Unless they renew of course.

TheOldMark
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought this was their last album on Columbia?

Unless they renew of course.

Columbia is owned by Sony. The original contract is with Columbia though, so you are correct.

I see Dexter staying in the industry for a very long time.

Britpunk
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I think it could be mutually beneficial to continue a relationship with Columbia beyond the contract if possible.

The label gets a self-sufficient international touring band that requires only marginal promotion and is basically guaranteed to shift a couple million units worldwide, with an excellent track record of far surpassing that.

The band gets a label with a massive worldwide distribution network and hands-off management that basically grants them artistic independence.

At least that's how it looks to me from the outside.