PDA

View Full Version : why do you believe in god and/or satan?

jopre
06-18-2012, 08:13 PM
please discuss.

mrconeman
06-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll just point out due to the wording of this thread, that it is fucking hilarious when Christians say they don't believe in Satan.

Jojan
06-18-2012, 10:41 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

Defender
06-19-2012, 02:26 AM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9922/devilvsjesusbyongchewpe.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/devilvsjesusbyongchewpe.jpg/)

Degstur Lolland
06-19-2012, 05:06 AM
I don't get it why do we need 2 things. God is enough, you can make him good and bad like any person, but I guess you can't stop creativity.

And why people believe it? Some good values can be desired. Also, it can be an explanation how the universe came to be, the universe could have a creator, but we won't prove/reject it very soon. :d It's entirely possible that the universe arised spontaneously.

Llamas
06-19-2012, 05:40 AM
I'll just point out due to the wording of this thread, that it is fucking hilarious when Christians say they don't believe in Satan.

Wtf?? I've never met such people... what is their reasoning behind that? Makes no sense...

Dexter_italy
06-19-2012, 05:59 AM
why people believe in god?

because someone told them so when they were children, and they've been too so long until the day someone had the idea to write a fantasy book called the bible.

Lupin
06-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Holiday Destination (http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/hell.html)

Thats just for the groovy question on the tag when the window opens :p

Hot, i imagine!

Llamas
06-19-2012, 06:11 AM

because someone told them so when they were children, and they've been too so long until the day someone had the idea to write a fantasy book called the bible.

To be fair, I know people who were not religious growing up, but came to believe in god on their own as adults. I have a lot more respect for those people. They're also usually much more intelligent, less bigoted, and less ignorant than those who were raised with their beliefs.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-19-2012, 08:38 AM
This is a community where most (?) people are fans of a godforsaken punk-rock band, of course, we all like our french fries with mayo and we're satan worshipping assholes on top of that

Chainsaw
06-19-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't. Both concepts seem too silly for me. You should check out the teachings of Scientology, much more believable.

TheJakes84
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
the holy bible is a book written about one enemy named satan and a good guy named jesus.

Dexter_italy
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
To be fair, I know people who were not religious growing up, but came to believe in god on their own as adults. I have a lot more respect for those people. They're also usually much more intelligent, less bigoted, and less ignorant than those who were raised with their beliefs.

You're right, those kind of people seem to have more sincere-faith thing. I still can't understand. then there is a personal situation, still if you don't bother me I don't bother you, thing that happens alot with religious people (at least here)

yellow
06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I choose to. And in my 38 years of living I've experienced hell and heaven. Met god and satan.
Life is a lot better with god in it. Protecting me
They are 2 things that exist wheather if you believe in them or not.

Llamas
06-19-2012, 05:59 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/395740_10150510268762870_1048997159_n.jpg

mrconeman
06-19-2012, 08:10 PM
^ that's awesome.

TheJakes84
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
is church consider a cult? for ritual purposes? is religion false to brainwashed the humanity? religious folks are they happy?

Isolated Fury
06-20-2012, 02:38 PM
And in my 38 years of living...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/afisoadnin/jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Britpunk
06-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Whatever you believe in, you're probably wrong so why bother worrying?

BagOfShenanigans
06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Am I the only one who finds it scary that the religious cling to the moral teachings of the Bible so tightly?
They claim that there are no morals without God.
I find it scary that the only thing keeping some people from committing horrible crimes is their belief in a God that will eventually be universally rejected, much like that of Zeus and Osiris.

I'd expect people to know internally that it's incorrect to murder, steal, and stone gay people. No one should need an otherworldly bogeyman to keep them from assaulting their fellow man.

If there is a God, he did a shitty job, and he should be ashamed.

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 04:03 PM
the beliefs has distance myself away from my family. why? because i am not one of them and i'm not an anti nor anthiest.

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 04:05 PM
how about the satanic unholy bible? who is this antichrist persona? is it a she or a he in invisible disguise? does it fly?

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 10:32 PM
i don't know. it doesn't make sense to me at all and it makes me feel lost or confused about the creator of this universe.

Godxilla
06-24-2012, 12:36 PM

The bible is not a fantasy book. Nor is it a book with fantasies. All the stories happened. The thing is, the authors of that book had no way to describe what they saw.
You see, a long time ago, an alien race (perhaps called the God or Dei or Deus) came to Earth due to an interplanetary war that they lost. Our planet was not perfect for their way of life, so they had to wear spacesuits at all times. They saw us, a similar creature to them and said, "Let US make a man in OUR image". They sped up our evolution by breeding with us (hence this 'demigod' and 'son of god' trash.
Eventually, after programming our minds to be like them, they had to leave to find a decent home. Our ancestors wished for them to stay, but they couldn't, and so they just promised to return. Since then, we pray so that our energy is focused at them, and we perform rituals to honor them. But they will never return. The intergalactic enemy will. When they come, humanity will face a battle like nothing else ever seen, save for the creation of the asteroid belt by aliens.
Back to the bible: this is a book detailing our encounters with this race. It is fact, but not word-for-word fact. These events happened, and the bible just has a funny way of saying it.

Please don't crucify me for saying what I know is true. Thank you. I would enjoy honest, fair, clean debate, though.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
The bible is not a fantasy book. Nor is it a book with fantasies. All the stories happened. The thing is, the authors of that book had no way to describe what they saw.
You see, a long time ago, an alien race (perhaps called the God or Dei or Deus) came to Earth due to an interplanetary war that they lost. Our planet was not perfect for their way of life, so they had to wear spacesuits at all times. They saw us, a similar creature to them and said, "Let US make a man in OUR image". They sped up our evolution by breeding with us (hence this 'demigod' and 'son of god' trash.
Eventually, after programming our minds to be like them, they had to leave to find a decent home. Our ancestors wished for them to stay, but they couldn't, and so they just promised to return. Since then, we pray so that our energy is focused at them, and we perform rituals to honor them. But they will never return. The intergalactic enemy will. When they come, humanity will face a battle like nothing else ever seen, save for the creation of the asteroid belt by aliens.
Back to the bible: this is a book detailing our encounters with this race. It is fact, but not word-for-word fact. These events happened, and the bible just has a funny way of saying it.

Please don't crucify me for saying what I know is true. Thank you. I would enjoy honest, fair, clean debate, though.
Oh man, I wasn't going to post anything in this thread, but that sounds so cool. I heavily disagree with you (sorry 'bout that), but that would make certain portions of the Bible so much more interesting to read :). I've never encountered anyone with beliefs like that. Neat.

Godxilla
06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh man, I wasn't going to post anything in this thread, but that sounds so cool. I heavily disagree with you (sorry 'bout that), but that would make certain portions of the Bible so much more interesting to read :). I've never encountered anyone with beliefs like that. Neat.

Thanks man. I'm glad that you at least understand what I am saying, even if you don't get it or agree.
Here's an idea: you might want to read the bible with this in mind. See what you notice. :)
Cheers

TheNooseIsFalling
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Still waiting on Michael Bay to confirm his involvement in this one, I believe right now he's working on adding some layers of good ole american racism.
Also, I have a serious question to the american members. How much is the church (any church) involved in people's lives? Where I live (not telling!) virtually nobody cares about organized religion at all, people simply don't give it much thought, and religios people do it the right way and they only seek, I don't know, guidance or closure or whatever, but they would never ever try to tell other people how to liver their lives or anything like that. Until recently I thought that was the same deal in the US, too. So how's the separation of church and skate working over there?

TheJakes84
06-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't know, but I still think churches are considered as cults. Rarely, enough to my disbeliefs, it feels corrupted both in public and secret.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks man. I'm glad that you at least understand what I am saying, even if you don't get it or agree.
Here's an idea: you might want to read the bible with this in mind. See what you notice. :)
Cheers
Well, I'll try. I'm in Isaiah right now, so I don't think that'll really coincide with your story too well, but I'll keep it in mind for when I am re-reading some of the more popular books of the Bible.

the separation of church and skate
Good song.

Godxilla
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Still waiting on Michael Bay to confirm his involvement in this one, I believe right now he's working on adding some layers of good ole american racism.
Also, I have a serious question to the american members. How much is the church (any church) involved in people's lives? Where I live (not telling!) virtually nobody cares about organized religion at all, people simply don't give it much thought, and religios people do it the right way and they only seek, I don't know, guidance or closure or whatever, but they would never ever try to tell other people how to liver their lives or anything like that. Until recently I thought that was the same deal in the US, too. So how's the separation of church and skate working over there?

Mike Bay can fuk himself til his balls fall off. Not involved.

The separation of church and skate is going well. When they gave Benedict a board for his BDay, the Vatican SS threw it in the trash. So, yeah, no cardinals will be shredding any time soon.

Godxilla
06-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Well, I'll try. I'm in Isaiah right now, so I don't think that'll really coincide with your story too well, but I'll keep it in mind for when I am re-reading some of the more popular books of the Bible.

Sure. Just remember that when an angel or something arrives in a puff of smoke, it's actually an alien ancestor of yours on a plane. :). Seriously.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Sure. Just remember that when an angel or something arrives in a puff of smoke, it's actually an alien ancestor of yours on a plane. :). Seriously.
Are you legitimately being serious right now? Don't take that offensively if you are, but this is just kind of strange to me.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Are you legitimately being serious right now? Don't take that offensively if you are, but this is just kind of strange to me.

Yes I'm serious. But it's okay to not trust/believe what I'm saying. I've met lots of people, but none who believe this as well. But it's seriously okay. Nothing against you.
But perhaps it might make sense in this way: an ancient (we'll name him Joseph) sees an airplane with the alien in it. The plane makes lots of noise, and leaves a trail of smoke behind it. Joseph writes on a page that later joins the Bible, "and to me came, with a clap of thunder, messengers of the lord." This is hypothetical, but if one has an open mind, it might begin to make some sense.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Yes I'm serious. But it's okay to not trust/believe what I'm saying. I've met lots of people, but none who believe this as well. But it's seriously okay. Nothing against you.
But perhaps it might make sense in this way: an ancient (we'll name him Joseph) sees an airplane with the alien in it. The plane makes lots of noise, and leaves a trail of smoke behind it. Joseph writes on a page that later joins the Bible, "and to me came, with a clap of thunder, messengers of the lord." This is hypothetical, but if one has an open mind, it might begin to make some sense.

Nobody's gonna notice how batshit this? Coneman... Static... PiB... Sin Studly... where are you guys??

Britpunk
06-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Nobody's gonna notice how batshit this? Coneman... Static... PiB... Sin Studly... where are you guys??

I just thought he was doing the plot from Prometheus....

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM

Wrong-o! Fkkk Prometheus. The movie, of course, not the mythical savior of humankind.

Britpunk
06-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Wrong-o! Fkkk Prometheus. The movie, of course, not the mythical savior of humankind.

Coffee just came out of nose.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Maybe they all believe this stuff as well, Llama boy. And what right have you to call up your pals in an effort to smash my integrity?
Parce que vous ętes trés stupide, n'est pas?
Genzai watashi wa gojira, mosura. Watashi wa za daikaiju.
Or, herr Llama ist ein verrückts irrës?

The one l lama, he's a priest
The two l llama, he's a beast
And I will bet a silk pajama
There is no thing as a three l lllama

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Coffee just came out of nose.

Poor thing. Need help cleaning it up?

WebDudette
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM

He's crazy or he's trolling. I figured that out in the Norway thread and I've been ignoring him since.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:28 PM
He's crazy or he's trolling. I figured that out in the Norway thread and I've been ignoring him since.

Dude, I'm not trolling anyone. This is a real theory with real followers, and educated ones at that.

And I figured out that you're not my type in the Norway thread as well. That would be the first thing we have in common besides a love of the Offspring, eh? That and the fact that we're ignoring each other :).

I'm plenty ready for good solid debate, and unlike the Norway disaster, I'll defend this one with more vigor and energy.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Writing a post directly to someone is not ignoring them, fyi.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Writing a post directly to someone is not ignoring them, fyi.

Then I guess I've changed my satanic ways, right?

But what do you think of this real theory? When you think of it with an open mind, of course.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes! Winner. I knew this all seemed so familiar.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 07:37 PM

You're right; his new thread in Politics proves it.

Godxilla
06-26-2012, 08:43 AM
You're right; his new thread in Politics proves it.

Your post in that thread proves the exact oppisite. As a republican, I was curious to see how far this lib majority forum would go to defame Romney. So far, I might be wrong. It's 100% no in my poll. You, on the other hand, said this:

"Obvious troll is obvious".

The only other person I've seen say this was named Gyaos, and he was the universally-agreed-upon troll of that forum.

The real Gyaos is sick, though. Or maybe even ill. Sorta like Supesu gojira.

TheJakes84
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Religion has made me distance myself away from my relatives aka The Jehova Witness.

One of my nieces won't speak to me out of jealousy torwards me and her boyfriend has been acting shady torwards me... so its a little personal.