DarrellOCguy
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I might have to agree there

DMelges
06-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I really can't decide....

DeeThree
06-19-2012, 05:42 PM
secrets from the underground was my favorite too!

cool 2 hate 681
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
i think dirty magic is the best song on the album

as far as best new song i would say slim pickins

randman21
06-19-2012, 06:31 PM
This will probably change, as it does with every album, but Slim Pickens is the one that hit me the hardest. That chorus...just as with the live version...it's a great sing-along.

mat.kc.
06-19-2012, 06:38 PM
It's a toss up between Dividing By Zero and Secrets From the Underground. Both of those songs speak to me emotionally. Unbelievable tracks. Some of the best, ever.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around why someone would vote for CC.

offspringiztheshit
06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm just so happy that they put a skate punk song on the album like slim pickens. its good to know they're still into that stuff.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-19-2012, 07:32 PM
There's a tie between The Future Is Now and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

DeeThree
06-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around why someone would vote for CC.

someone voted for CC? must've been a joke!

BagOfShenanigans
06-19-2012, 07:46 PM
You may have gotten me to listen to Cruisin' California, but I can not allow myself to spoil that precious moment when I listen to the CD for the first time.

It's almost like during the 8 hours I was gone, you all hopped in the Tardis and flew to the 26th without me.

Stravis
06-19-2012, 07:47 PM
There's a tie between The Future Is Now and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell
The Best: The Future Is Now and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

TheJakes84
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Cool poll.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
You may have gotten me to listen to Cruisin' California, but I can not allow myself to spoil that precious moment when I listen to the CD for the first time.

It's almost like during the 8 hours I was gone, you all hopped in the Tardis and flew to the 26th without me.
Sorry, it was far too temping. Good job though.

jacknife737
06-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Slim Pickens make me hit the repeat button like 5 or 6 times in a row, every time i listen to the album.

JohnnyNemesis
06-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell is so very amazing. That's my vote!

The Future Is Now, Secrets from the Underground, Turning Into You, Hurting As One, Divided By Zero are all so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so good!

Unnatural Disaster
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I've had Slim Pickens stuck in my head all day. Guess I gotta go with that.

holland25
06-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Dividing by Zero. But eight more songs are only slightly worse...

KTILLA23
06-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm i one of the only ones that's loving All I Have Left Is You? I think it's the best balled made by them. I'm just going to list the songs in order. Note that i love all these, so if you think it seems odd to put Dirty Magic or any other song so low that doesn't mean i don't like it, it's just so hard to list them.

1. All I Have Left Is You

2. Hurting as one

3. Dividing by Zero

4. The Future is Now

5. Secrets from the Underground

6. Slim Pickens

7. Days go by

8. Dirty Magic

9. I wanna Secret Family (with you)

10. Turning into you

11. OC Guns

12. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)

Count Orlok
06-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Hard to decide between Secrets From The Underground, Turning Into You, Dividing By Zero & Slim Pickens...But, as i said, the not-Skate-Punk-songs are also fckin great! May be the usual enthusiasm for new Offspring-Output, but i'm starting to kinda like CC, too, atm (while of course not as much as the rest of Days Go By)^^

danitanev
06-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Voted for Secrets From The Underground but I can't really decide too cause there are at least 5-6 very nice songs with so much energy and great lyrics!

Sara MZK
06-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Around half of the songs on the album are now amongst my fave Offspring songs, but Dividing By Zero and Turning Into You are my two faves. I chose Turning Into You purely because I can't get that chorus out of my head! lol :)

Defender
06-20-2012, 12:11 AM

Don't worry BagOfShenanigans, I am with you! Stay strong, I do the same! 6 more days to go!

momo91
06-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Slim Pickens!

NoGuessing
06-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Secrets from the Underground, just.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Every Offspring album, it seems there's one song that everybody loves that I just don't get. Last album it was YGGFK and this album it's definitely Slim Pickens. It's not bad, but it doesn't stick out to me as a highlight at all.

disclaimer_07
06-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Every Offspring album, it seems there's one song that everybody loves that I just don't get. Last album it was YGGFK and this album it's definitely Slim Pickens. It's not bad, but it doesn't stick out to me as a highlight at all.
I agree. It's still a good song but I don't get why people seem to love it so much. Definitely not my favorite on the album.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-20-2012, 01:09 AM
This is one of those albums where that's really really really hard to decide but I'm gonna go with Slim Pickens. When they first played TFIN I really didn't think that could be topped but this album turned out sooooo good that now for me it's not even in the top 5, and yet it's still one of my favorite Offspring songs. Also, remember that tweet about a superhero movie song? Wouldn't it be cool if Secrets from the Underground were to be featured in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises? The basic sentiment of the movie is the same as the song's. And it's one amazing song, dammit.

Sara MZK
06-20-2012, 01:35 AM

I'm definitely with you on YGGFK. I never understood what was so great about it, when to me, it's a totally average song at best. Songs like A Lot Like Me and Takes Me Nowhere are far better songs that should have had the attention YGGFK got, but didn't. Hammerhead was also a far better single than it.

Don't agree with you on Slim Pickins though! Okay, there's 3 or 4 songs I prefer over it, but it's definitely a great song to me. :)

Llamas
06-20-2012, 04:27 AM
So far, Dividing By Zero gets in my head the most and I wanna keep playing it... but there too many great songs here to really make a decision. I chose DB0 for now, but I'm sure that will change.

Eskimo
06-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah, it's too early to tell.

There's not really one stand-out for me, rather a whole group that are equally smile-earning. Which I way prefer to, like, something like Splinter, with two or three amazing ones and a whole lot of filler.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Meh, can't decide between Secrets and Slim Pickens... and /0, but I even love OC Guns, too. Too many good stuff :)

Tomo
06-20-2012, 04:54 AM
The Future Is Now, Secrets from the Underground, Dividing By Zero. The all are my most favourite at the moment. They're so addictive they should be illegal.

mrconeman
06-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Dividing by Zero is *definitely* the best song on this album. I honestly don't think my opinion will change in this regard. Fucking awesome tune.

edit: I feel that I should mention it's a very close call between that and Slim Pickens though. Because that's amazing too. Definitely the best album closer they've had since Pay The Man.

DuReX
06-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Can't choose between "Turning Into You" and "Hurting As One"

Rooster
06-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Come on Dividing By Zero, you can win this!

Eskimo
06-20-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't really get all the love for Pickens as an album closer, but I love the track as a standalone and how it flows from DBZ. It's not exactly a Pay The Man type of situation or anything, but it does rock hard.

I get a really "90s" vibe from this whole disc in a weird way, hard to put my finger on it. From their more traditional Offspring stuff, to the Atlantic-era Bad Religion vibe on Pickens, even to the two pop tracks somehow remind me of Americana even though they don't really share the same sound.

Probably not expressing that too well, but it's there.

SMASHedTHEignition
06-20-2012, 05:39 AM
after listening to it all day pretty much the song that got stuck in my head was deffinately slim pickens

Sara MZK
06-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Slim Pickens is the perfect album closer for two reasons. The ending refrain of "Dance fucker dance, let the motherfucker burn!" is just classic... where do you go after that?! lol Also, the song is about the end of the world, so it just makes perfect sense to end with it. :)

I really liked the song on first listen, but the more I hear it, the more I love it! It's definitely vying for the best song on the album with Turning Into You, Divided By Zero, and The Future Is Now. OC Guns is also starting to really get under my skin... it's got a really dark, macabre vibe, which betrays it's laid back front... that Mariachi trumpet really gives off great vibes. That element of The Offspring's sound has always helped to make them stand out from the crowd. xD

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-20-2012, 06:54 AM
I chose Turning Into You purely because I can't get that chorus out of my head! lol :)
I know what you mean. I can't get it out of my head either.

NoGuessing
06-20-2012, 07:17 AM
OC Guns is getting better with every listen. I really didn't expect to like this song, but after wondering what the hell I had just heard I decided the song was awesome.

Dat bass.

Degstur Lolland
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
The philosophical and rhetorical question is if it's worth voting in this poll. They struck and absolutely pleased tru punx crowd with some olds cool jerkoffs and I approve. For a long time they have been frustrated and alienated. Even Trust In You or Half-truism didn't help. :d It really must be almost demo stuff or even like Hopeless song. :D I think DBZ extracted something around S/T and Slim Pickens struck the whole Bad Religion/Pennywise thing, oh and Smash's Gotta Get Away. I'm not sure they can repeat or tap Ignition like that.

As for the best song, single option doesn't help either.

I have a big respect for the singles DGB and CC for various reasons. I can consider them some of the best things on the album, but if we exclude those singles...

The Future Is Now
OC Guns, oh my, unexpected success
Dirty Magic

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I think that it's safe to Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell is a favorite.

Pedrosky
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I love them all ,. but I gotta say Turning Into You ..

KHWHD
06-22-2012, 08:26 PM
someone voted for CC? must've been a joke!

Nope, wasn't a joke. :p

Camila
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I am still digesting the entire CD. Although OC Guns makes me happy and makes up for Cruisin' California, my favorite is Dividing By Zero.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
slim pickens owns the world.

martin_theoffspring
06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Dividing by zero and Slim Pickens are so fucking great! is good to see 24 votes there

But I am surprised that "i wanna secret family" does not have any vote of 82!
I think it's the best pop rock song from The Offspring, just like "pretty fly"

it's a really good pop rock song. congratulation to the band

i voted Dividing by zero, sound like the old fucking offspring!

MillionMiles
06-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Ya know I have a feeling that CC will be like YGGFK, and get a lot of radio time.

Freakin OC Guns is just dam catchy, im constantly saying tiki tiki tiki....:eek:

Secrets gets my Vote tho...Future is now gets me just pumped, awesome song to open the album up.

As for Dirty Magic, while I love the opening, I fear the chorus spoils it for me.

All in all, great album. Dexter sounds great.

gabrielsouz
06-22-2012, 09:13 PM
i`d rank them like this...

1- Slim Pickens does the right thing and rides the bomb to hell
2- dividing by zero
3-OC Guns
4- Turning into you
5-Dirty Magic
6- Secrets from the undergroung
7- The Future is now
8- All I have left is you
9- Cruising california
10-Days Go By
11- I wanna secret love (with you)
12- Hurting as one

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-23-2012, 09:56 AM
11- I wanna secret love (with you)

I am unfamiliar with this track.

bouncingcoles
06-23-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd say slim pickens is my favorite with secrets from the underground at a close second.