They didn't like it and gave it a 2/5:

http://sputnikmusic.com/review/50391/The-Offspring-Days-Go-By/

SåS
06-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Who cares what they say!
DGB is bumpin' in my trunk/10.

The Search Button
06-20-2012, 07:57 AM
They gave a higher grade to the record than I give to their review.

So I winz!

SåS
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I really wish there was a 'like' function on these boards, I hate it that I have to comment more than 10 words just to agree with somebody.
I could just not let people know that I agree, but hey, if somebody agreed with me, I would want them to tell me :o

nevo
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
That was a shitty article. It was as if they guy was actually pissed off that the band recorded some kick ass songs. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Great album. :)

XYlophonetreeZ
06-20-2012, 08:23 AM
That guy assuming that "Secrets from the Underground" means that the band thinks their music is "underground" was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Sputnik's reviews are almost always horribly written. The whole point of that website is to serve as an outlet for amateur wannabe critics. Pay them no heed.

mrconeman
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I'm a member of the Sputnik forums, because I've been a member since about 2004 when it was exclusively a guitar tablature site (MX Tabs R.I.P :'(), literally everyone on it is either massively retarded, or really really really fucking pretentious.

I very very rarely post there anymore, it used to be the best guitarcentric site on the internet, and everyone was really helpful to me when I was first learning guitar, now it's just full of dbags.

ThunderPX
06-20-2012, 08:39 AM
I've never seen a professional music review that I actually agree with, so if I really had to base my decision to purchase an album off reviews (LOL) I'd probably just get whatever they all hate.

Llamas
06-20-2012, 11:05 AM
That guy assuming that "Secrets from the Underground" means that the band thinks their music is "underground" was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Sputnik's reviews are almost always horribly written. The whole point of that website is to serve as an outlet for amateur wannabe critics. Pay them no heed.

The "underground" commentary made me facepalm.

Pretty bad article. I don't know what this guy was expecting. Sounds like he would've been happy with Ignition II and nothing less. Sorry, dude, that a band has changed after 20 years and doesn't fit your strict taste.

Llamas
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Lol @ the commenter on the review whose comment says that this album shit all over his childhood... as he sports an avatar of Eve 6's new album. Their new album shat all over my awesome memories of Eve 6... at least DGB actually rocks and sounds like the Offspring.

frunsi
06-20-2012, 11:17 AM
"oh, the songs are disappointing, because they're good."
reviewer is an idiot

Rooster
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I actually mentioned this review already in the album appreciation thread. I didn't think it even deserved its own thread :D

But yeah, pretty idiotic review. I know not everybody has to like the album, but this is just badly written.

-Ignition-
06-20-2012, 11:38 AM
"oh, the songs are disappointing, because they're good."
reviewer is an idiot

Yeah that was actually a backwards review.

GamerKT
06-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Are they fucking stupid? They said that Hurting As One and Dividing By Zero are almost good, but not quite, because the songs surrounding them are different?

Actually, that's all the reviewer says. "This song's good, and so is this one... but the album is kinda disappointing. Also, these songs are also good!"

Get the fuck out of here.

Also, all of the commenters are babies.

Rooster
06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
It's sputnik, did you folks seriously expect anything else?

NoGuessing
06-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Lol at the guy saying /0 sounds almost like the band.

If that isn't tru punx Offspring (and a lot of this album isn't traditional Offspring), I don't know what is.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
I really wish there was a 'like' function on these boards, I hate it that I have to comment more than 10 words just to agree with somebody.
I could just not let people know that I agree, but hey, if somebody agreed with me, I would want them to tell me :o
I agree with you on the 'like' function thing, because then I wouldn't have had to make this near-meaningless post.