compact disc lol?

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Haha, so what :rolleyes:.

Britpunk
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Haha, so what :rolleyes:.

dunno. just funny is all.

Back in '94 I owned the cassette version of Smash, and Time to Relax wasn't on it, so for a couple of years before I bought the CD i had no idea what it was.

So in my head i just assumed it was a bonus track for the lucky people who could afford cd players (they weren't cheap back then).

and the lyrics i came up with, being a lame early teen, were like:

you gotta take some time to relax (whoah-oh-woah-oh) / This world moves much to fast so you gotta take some time out (whoah-whoah).

etc.

needless to say I didn't have a girlfriend.

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
dunno. just funny is all.

Back in '94 I owned the cassette version of Smash, and Time to Relax wasn't on it, so for a couple of years before I bought the CD i had no idea what it was.

So in my head i just assumed it was a bonus track for the lucky people who could afford cd players (they weren't cheap back then).

and the lyrics i came up with, being a lame early teen, were like:

you gotta take some time to relax (whoah-oh-woah-oh) / This world moves much to fast so you gotta take some time out (whoah-whoah).

etc.

needless to say I didn't have a girlfriend.

Aw, thanks for sharing this story. :) Hey cheer yourself up, you will eventually meet up with a future girlfriend in-no-time! :) No jinx. :)

Britpunk
06-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Aw, thanks for sharing this story. :) Hey cheer yourself up, you will eventually meet up with a future girlfriend in-no-time! :) No jinx. :)

cheers and all. that was 18 years ago though (although i'm probably still lame) :). i got a girlfriend and a kid and everything now like a proper grown up.

TheJakes84
06-21-2012, 05:38 PM
cheers and all. that was 18 years ago though (although i'm probably still lame) :). i got a girlfriend and a kid and everything now like a proper grown up.

Sorry, oop's my bad, yo. :o Congrats! Nah, I don't think you're lame, I know you are :cool:. I'm the lame one for not collecting 0 offy stuff. :eek:

Greekoldfan
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
More like digitized vinyl. :D

that's the one of the two remastered vinyl versions (2008) the other one is a red one http://theoffspring.eu/item/smash-12-2.html

killboybowerhead
06-21-2012, 10:41 PM
I have the original smash vinyl... is it worth anything?

Greekoldfan
06-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I've got the original and both orange and red (the pics are from my collection) well don't expect huge differences in sound but they are reallyyyy beautiful.especially if you want them as decoration in your room wall. they also included a card with password to download the album in hq mp3

Jojan
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Ixnay on the Hombre would be much more interesting, as it has Cocktail on it.

Greekoldfan
06-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Ixnay on the Hombre would be much more interesting, as it has Cocktail on it.

yeah the orange version of ixnay was nice (but it wasn't transparent vinyl as smash)

ps:you should put your cute pic from london as avatar

cool 2 hate 681
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I have the original smash vinyl... is it worth anything?

you can only get about $20 for it on ebay