PDA

View Full Version : what do you look for in a lover?

yellow
06-22-2012, 10:32 PM
What are the basic essentials a boyfriend or girlfriend must have.
The five S's works for me: single, sexy, smart, straight, strong with a little bold and brave.

TheJakes84
06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Down to earth and Humble.

Jojan
06-23-2012, 02:55 AM
How can your boyfriend or girlfriend be single if he or she is your boyfriend or girlfriend?

Lupin
06-23-2012, 04:02 AM
How can your boyfriend or girlfriend be single if he or she is your boyfriend or girlfriend?

It's a miserable lifestyle choice.

WebDudette
06-23-2012, 06:32 AM
a vagina .

Llamas
06-23-2012, 07:47 AM
You know when your top five standards include "single" and "straight", that it's time to pause, spend a few moments to contemplate, and decide what is valuable to you.

Edit: wait a minute, what's wrong with bisexual people? Why do they have to be straight?

findout5
06-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Wasn't a Playboy show called Latin lover? :p

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-23-2012, 08:11 AM
A body like this
http://www.offspring.com/community/image.php?u=134118&dateline=1340324028

Outerspaceman21
06-23-2012, 10:20 AM
I look for intelligence most of all, and a someone with my sense of humor (which is often dark and morbid). As for the physical side, it's really not that big of a deal. I don't see myself as a shallow person. I like many different types of women.

Jojan
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
A body like this

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mal%20malloy

Llamas
06-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds?
Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
Do you have a big intellectual capacity but know
that it alone does not equate to wisdom?
Do you see everything as an illusion
but enjoy it even though you are not of it?
Are you both masculine and feminine, politically aware, and don't believe in capital punishment?

These are 21 things that I want in a lover
Not necessarily needs but qualities that I prefer

Do you derive joy from diving in and seeing that
loving someone can actually feel like freedom? Are you funny and self-deprecating, like adventure, and have many formed opinions?

I figure I can describe it since I have a choice in the matter
These are 21 things I choose to choose in a lover

I'm in no hurry; I could wait forever
I'm in no rush cause I like being solo
There are no worries and certainly no pressure In the meantime I'll live like there's no tomorrow

Are you uninhibited in bed, more than three times a week, up for being experimental?
Are you athletic?
Are you thriving in a job that helps your brother?
Are you not addicted?

I figure I can describe it since I have a choice in the matter
These are 21 things I choose to choose in a lover

Rooster
06-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Always remember to check first if they have rabies.

TheJakes84
06-23-2012, 02:57 PM
A body like this

Brains not included :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
pause, spend a few moments to contemplate, and decide what is valuable to you.

This seems familiar.

yellow
06-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow. Omg! I actually sincerely agree and love everything llamas just posted it was everything I wish I said. Way cool llamas. I'm impressed and aspired. Thank you.
Where I put single I meant available and willing...not dating someone else or people.

I post on this forum because all forum members help me improve my communications. Thank you. Thank you. ...and a better person! Thank you!!!! Fuckin awesome

All forum memebers stock went up considerably.

Alison
06-23-2012, 06:09 PM
They must be a nice person, honest, faithful, funny, intelligent, easy going, and must like animals and respect my beliefs. Thankfully my boyfriend is all these things. I don't really care too much about looks, but I ended up lucky in that department. :)

mrconeman
06-23-2012, 07:36 PM
a vagina .

pretty much./

T-6005
06-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Not to be a stickler, but lovers and significant others are not always inclusive categories. Sometimes you're just looking for fun, while at other junctures you're ready for meaningful relationships.

And I don't think that the types of people in either category necessarily overlap.

WebDudette
06-24-2012, 02:37 AM
for real though, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I don't care about looks. I want a girl I find physically attractive who will go to awesome restaurants with me, a girl who will tolerate my need to know who is right*, someone who just wants to get crazy drunk and see what happens, someone who will spend hours watching movie trilogies and awesome television shows, someone I can argue with but never be mad at, someone who isn't only willing to try new things but seeks them, and someone who is just fucking awesome and gets me. That girl might be sleeping on my bed right now.

Man, I've got to stop, take some time to think, and figure out what I am going to do about this situation.

it she was down to just hang out and play video games while drunk, that'd be cool too. epiphanies and shit yo'.

mrconeman
06-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Since Pilz got all srs and shit.

I guess I could just post a link to my girlfriends facebook and let you all see for yourselves, but I know the kind of maniacs that have shown up on this forum.

Llamas
06-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Since Pilz got all srs and shit.

I guess I could just post a link to my girlfriends facebook and let you all see for yourselves, but I know the kind of maniacs that have shown up on this forum.

*goes all Maria on that shit*

WebDudette
06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
I was pretty drunk.

Jojan
06-24-2012, 08:07 AM
I was pretty drunk.

That's what she said.

mrconeman
06-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I was pretty drunk.

We're two of a kind, buddy.

WebDudette
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
there's no thumbs up emoticon :(.

Godxilla
06-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Since it's apparently cool to be drunk.

yellow
06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
for real though, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I don't care about looks. I want a girl I find physically attractive who will go to awesome restaurants with me, a girl who will tolerate my need to know who is right*, someone who just wants to get crazy drunk and see what happens, someone who will spend hours watching movie trilogies and awesome television shows, someone I can argue with but never be mad at, someone who isn't only willing to try new things but seeks them, and someone who is just fucking awesome and gets me. That girl might be sleeping on my bed right now.

Man, I've got to stop, take some time to think, and figure out what I am going to do about this situation.

it she was down to just hang out and play video games while drunk, that'd be cool too. epiphanies and shit yo'.

What's my world coming too. I agree with PILZE.

I think this forum has finally broken me. I surrender

_Lost_
06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Big Tits .

findout5
06-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Big Tits .

Aditional sense of humour would be nice as well! (optional though) lol

TheNooseIsFalling
06-25-2012, 02:14 AM
My preferences are pretty generic I guess, I like redheads or dark brown haired brunettes with paler skin and smaller boobs (lolwut), but I can only actually care about a girl as long as she's intelligent and well, kinda like me, I mean like, beliefs and same mindset and stuff like that (though my girlfriend is very religious and I'm as far from religious as you can get, but that doesn't affect us in any way at all). Also, I have a soft spot for cute clumsy girls.

findout5
06-25-2012, 02:49 AM
My preferences are pretty generic I guess, I like redheads or dark brown haired brunettes with paler skin and smaller boobs (lolwut), but I can only actually care about a girl as long as she's intelligent and well, kinda like me, I mean like, beliefs and same mindset and stuff like that (though my girlfriend is very religious and I'm as far from religious as you can get, but that doesn't affect us in any way at all). Also, I have a soft spot for cute clumsy girls.

Damn...I thought you liked big tit blondes! Like in...Under Siege...ya know...Erika Eleniak! lol

mrconeman
06-25-2012, 05:12 AM
Since it's apparently cool to be drunk.

Only if you're on the internet at the same time, of course.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Only if you're on the internet at the same time, of course.

Oh, so that's what it is? A ''let's get drunk on the internet at the same time club"? Suit yourself. I've never been drunk before, so I guess I wouldn't know.

Isolated Fury
06-25-2012, 07:26 AM
First, I think "lover" might be the wrong term to use here. If I respond strictly from the point of view of looking for a lover, my only requirement (along with most guys on here) would be a warm, pink center. *insert comment about steak here*

As for someone to fall in love with... That is completely different. Thankfully, I've already found her. Intelligent, pretty, good with kids. She doesn't HAVE to be funny, but she has to laugh at my jokes. She has to understand boundaries and also appreciate snuggling. And she CAN'T be obsessed with texting. Deal breaker.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh, so that's what it is? A ''let's get drunk on the internet at the same time club"? Suit yourself. I've never been drunk before, so I guess I wouldn't know.

My god, you are deliriously boring. And not because you don't drink.

First, I think "lover" might be the wrong term to use here. If I respond strictly from the point of view of looking for a lover, my only requirement (along with most guys on here) would be a warm, pink center. *insert comment about steak here*
Wait, no way. If she's a female, you'd bone? Looks don't matter at all? Not being an annoying clingy nutbag who might stalk you for weeks afterward doesn't matter?

When it comes to a one-night stand, of course my standards are way, way lower than for a relationship. But the person has to be attractive, and they have to be interesting enough that 1) I'm not gonna wake up in the morning and be like "oh fuck, how do I get this person to leave NOW?" and 2) there's potential that we could be friends. I'm not saying I want my one-night stands to become my friends, but rather I have to enjoy their company enough that they could. Otherwise I just don't get into it at all.

As for someone to fall in love with... That is completely different. Thankfully, I've already found her. Intelligent, pretty, good with kids. She doesn't HAVE to be funny, but she has to laugh at my jokes. She has to understand boundaries and also appreciate snuggling. And she CAN'T be obsessed with texting. Deal breaker.
Okay, you're just an easy guy in general ;) Which is probably a great thing for you.

findout5
06-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I always feel like beating up people who text non-stop. It's really rude.

Thomas
06-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I'd say someone who can take my constant berating (in a joking manner, of course), is genuinely interested in some of the stupid stuff I'm interested in, and makes me into a better person not because they tell me I need to be a better person, but because being around them makes me want to be a better person. Also, tits. And face. I'm very picky about faces.

mrconeman
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM

Some people just don't get the internet, do they?
I mean, everybody already knows I'm cool as fuck*. I don't need to declare that I was drunk to prove that on the internet.

*oh dear swear words, look who's trying to be cool again.

Isolated Fury
06-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Wait, no way. If she's a female, you'd bone? Looks don't matter at all? Not being an annoying clingy nutbag who might stalk you for weeks afterward doesn't matter?

When it comes to a one-night stand, of course my standards are way, way lower than for a relationship. But the person has to be attractive, and they have to be interesting enough that 1) I'm not gonna wake up in the morning and be like "oh fuck, how do I get this person to leave NOW?" and 2) there's potential that we could be friends. I'm not saying I want my one-night stands to become my friends, but rather I have to enjoy their company enough that they could. Otherwise I just don't get into it at all.
Granted... the more attractive, the better. At the end of the night there are a few variable that come into play. If a guy is hammered-ass drunk, he probably won't care. If a guy is feeling good and AWARE of what he's doing, then yeah. Looks and all that are priority.

Okay, you're just an easy guy in general ;) Which is probably a great thing for you.
Eh. By "laugh at my jokes" I mean that she has to be able to appreciate (tolerate) my sense of humor. I LOVE to debate things with my girl, and she's finally understood that it's all in good fun. I am VERY picky about girls. I hate most of them because of their vanity or man-hating.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Well, thanks! I'm glad that you think that I'm nothing like you. And ya know why I don't drink? Take a guess.

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Nobody gives a damn about why you don't drink. You won't make yourself seem any cooler and it only pushes you farther away from ever being as 1337 as them. We certainly don't give a damn if its a "holier than thou" type reason. This is a thread about what makes a person bang-able.

Like I said before, BIG TITS... Don't want no bitch with nothin' but a "good personality". She doesn't even have to have a personality. In fact, its better if she doesn't stand out from the crowd in any way other than the attention her twin peaks draw.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Granted... the more attractive, the better. At the end of the night there are a few variable that come into play. If a guy is hammered-ass drunk, he probably won't care. If a guy is feeling good and AWARE of what he's doing, then yeah. Looks and all that are priority.
Fair enough. I never sleep with someone if I'm really drunk anymore. Always afraid the hangover will kick in while they're still around, or that I'll be really horrible. And when I'm drunk, I can't gauge how drunk *they* are. So I always pass when drunk.

Eh. By "laugh at my jokes" I mean that she has to be able to appreciate (tolerate) my sense of humor. I LOVE to debate things with my girl, and she's finally understood that it's all in good fun. I am VERY picky about girls. I hate most of them because of their vanity or man-hating.

I figured there was more to it than what you said before; I was poking fun at how simplistic you made it sound ;) It's always really hard to break down what you want in a person, but criteria isn't really what it comes down to in the end... it's about the connection with the person.

Well, thanks! I'm glad that you think that I'm nothing like you. And ya know why I don't drink? Take a guess.

Really could not care less why you don't drink.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
You're allergic.... to alcohol?

ad8
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
The prohibition never ended in Massachusetts?!? :eek:

Llamas
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
You're allergic.... to alcohol?

The prohibition never ended in Massachusetts?!? :eek:

Ooh this game just got fun. Let me try!

You have no mouth and everything you consume has to be injected?

findout5
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
He probably doesn't drink cause he's sXe...there's a few on this forum, like myself.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
The alien Bible based on an intergalactic war commands against it?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 02:32 PM
He probably doesn't drink cause he's sXe...there's a few on this forum, like myself.
That was my first serious guess, but I figured we could have fun with stupid answers.

Baldwin
06-25-2012, 02:37 PM
I look for somebody capable of stabbing a moose to death. I have no time for the weak or the craven.

Rooster
06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
This is more serious than you think, guys. You need to consume alcohol every once in a while (a 2dl glass of wine every 30 to 40 minutes should do just fine), otherwise your blood concentration gets too high.

ad8
06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I look for the girl that is so drunk that she gets me drunk when I make out with her.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I look for somebody capable of stabbing a moose to death. I have no time for the weak or the craven.
I remember this conversation.

Britpunk
06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
what do you look for in a lover?

It depends what I lost in there.

HONK!

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 04:35 PM
The alien Bible based on an intergalactic war commands against it?

Close. It's just that I'm 16.

WebDudette
06-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I want a girl I find physically attractive who will go to awesome restaurants with me, a girl who will tolerate my need to know who is right*, someone who just wants to get crazy drunk and see what happens, someone who will spend hours watching movie trilogies and awesome television shows, someone I can argue with but never be mad at, someone who isn't only willing to try new things but seeks them, and someone who is just fucking awesome and gets me. That girl might be sleeping on my bed right now.

*I meant to clarify this by saying that I'm not someone who always has to be right, but I do want to know who is. Many people get upset if you use Google during or after the argument.

I enjoy most sizes of breasts, but I think I'm partial to smaller breasts. Really though, it's all about shape.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
It depends what I lost in there.

HONK!
Ohh good one.

That makes sense. I'm younger than you (15), and I drink infrequently. I have also never been drunk. That's respectable!

Llamas
06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
lol

lol

So much is explained in this post.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
That makes sense. I'm younger than you (15), and I drink infrequently. I have also never been drunk. That's respectable!

Sure. Since you're a decent person, I'll make no mention of drinking laws and the number 21 ;). But so long as you've never been drunk, it's all good.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Let's not be rude. I enjoy having fellow youngsters.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Sure. Since you're a decent person, I'll make no mention of drinking laws and the number 21 ;). But so long as you've never been drunk, it's all good.
I guess I'm double-posting, but I didn't see this before. Yeah, like I said, I don't drink very much. I try to obey the law most of the time (unless it's a stupid law). :)

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Let's not be rude. I enjoy having fellow youngsters.

Thanks! I'm surprised that you're so young, but it's all good.

And I've been meaning to say that same thing to lllamas for a while.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks! I'm surprised that you're so young, but it's all good.

I've been told that before.

I'm going to have trouble explaining now why I have 9 posts in a thread called "[W]hat do you look for in a lover?"

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I guess I'm double-posting, but I didn't see this before. Yeah, like I said, I don't drink very much. I try to obey the law most of the time (unless it's a stupid law). :)

Ha ha. Y'know, MLK once said, "An unjust law is not a law at all" or something like that.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I've been told that before.

I'm going to have trouble explaining now why I have 9 posts in a thread called "[W]hat do you look for in a lover?"

Me too. If someone asks, just make something wild up. Or show them this chat. That'll do it.

As for what I look for, it needs to be 100 meters tall and breathe fire. I'm Godxilla after all.

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM

No kidding there!

Oh! Another important thing! NOT jailbait.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
I heard renato likes his lovers young

T-6005
06-25-2012, 08:58 PM

I began drinking at 16. Good times, good times.

As an answer to the original question - in a lover, I'm really just looking for fun. I have to be able to relax in their presence. Obviously attraction plays a factor, but so much of that is dependent on the kinds of behavior they project.

I have no idea what my criteria for long-term relationships are. I see relatively little in common between my exes so it's hard to extrapolate from that.

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I began drinking at 16.

The only drunk story I ever bother to tell is from when I was 16. Word.

killer_queen
06-26-2012, 03:05 AM
I was watching Lost last night and I thought if a guy has the skills to survive in wildlife then you know he is decent. So an ideal boyfriend at least shouldn't get bored when there is no electricity. And of course he shouldn't be bald.

yellow
09-04-2012, 03:38 PM
A gentleman

Harleyquiiinn
09-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Oh I don't know, it depends.

One thing is sure : it must not be a dro´d.

Because it's not a dro´d I'm looking for.

Tiny Vessels
09-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Nice,sweet/caring, good sence of humor, someone who will be there for me no matter what, someone who can handle all my crazyness and doesn't judge me on it, someone who is not afraid to stand up to me like in an argument and is not afriad to tell me when I'm wrong, someone who just makes me feel wanted/that I belong. Same interests are also a plus.

Moto13 <3

TheJakes84
09-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Sameer Gadhia. The lead-singer of the Indie rock band Young the Giant aka the jakes. But it will never happen. The shit has hit the fan. Fuck.

TheJakes84
09-07-2012, 12:28 AM
A gentleman

Dexter Holland is a decent gentleman.

yellow
09-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Dexter Holland is a decent gentleman.

Dexter is an ultimate gentlemen. After all of my research, inquiry and experinces w/ dex; dexter won ! He's in my league! Which is awesome.

samseby
09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Personality :p

T-6005
09-09-2012, 04:50 PM

I really had to come back and give this credit.

And to say that in a lover I usually look for the clitoris. After a few perfunctory searches, I've yet to have this myth confirmed. I'll update you on the status of the search as soon as I find something.

Lizardus
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I really had to come back and give this credit.

And to say that in a lover I usually look for the clitoris. After a few perfunctory searches, I've yet to have this myth confirmed. I'll update you on the status of the search as soon as I find something.

I've heard you can get better results if you go for her prostate.

TheJakes84
09-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Dexter is an ultimate gentlemen. After all of my research, inquiry and experinces w/ dex; dexter won ! He's in my league! Which is awesome.

That's exactly how I feel for Sameer but I'm just a girl that only dreams on for the sake of a sinful fantasy.

Dulce Maria
11-19-2013, 04:55 PM
what do i look for in a lover?

1. a nice ass Mmmm....
2. a dude that can make me laugh
3. a smart dude
4. a dude that can cook
5. a humble dude
6. a strong/masculine dude
7. tall (taller than me)
8. personality (not shy to be himself)
9. a fan of music, art, cars, etc.
10. a dude that is sweet and badass
11. a dude that is confident
12. a dude that respects he's parents
13. a keeper (for a future wedding)

Jesse = badass babe! Sameer = sweet baby.

Paint_It_Black
11-22-2013, 04:27 PM
And to say that in a lover I usually look for the clitoris. After a few perfunctory searches, I've yet to have this myth confirmed.

Dude, I was just kidding when I told you men had them.

what's wrong with bisexual people? Why do they have to be straight?

Because greed isn't sexy.

I pretty much look for this.

jacknife737
11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
1) Big tittays

2) Willingness to get plastic surgery to acquire big tittays

wheelchairman
11-23-2013, 01:09 AM
And dollars $$$$

Dulce Maria
11-23-2013, 01:37 AM
personality

wheelchairman
11-23-2013, 01:40 AM
Pfff you square.

Dulce Maria
11-23-2013, 01:43 AM
nerdy men
geeky men

T-6005
11-24-2013, 12:56 PM
I thought you said personality.

Dude, I was just kidding when I told you men had them.

But I did just like you said and looked for the tiny woman cock!

calichix
11-26-2013, 06:14 PM
do you mean like, in a partner or in a lover? in either I like people who are kind and brave and honest and funny and talk so dirty in the sack that it makes me uncomfortable.

and people who take care of their bodies because obesity and outta control plaque way don't do it for me. and because if someone can't walk up a flight of stairs they're not gonna have any kind of sexual stamina.

I will lol at the neverending bbs clitoris joke every time til the end of time.

Dulce Maria
11-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Dexter.
Dexter.
Dexter.
Dexter.