PDA

View Full Version : A Note to people

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
If you are replying to someone's post, right after their post, in a thread that isn't getting lots and lots of replies very quickly, you don't need to quote their entire post in your reply. just sayin'....

mrconeman
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
If you are replying to someone's post, right after their post, in a thread that isn't getting lots and lots of replies very quickly, you don't need to quote their entire post in your reply. just sayin'....

Duly noted.

yarock
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM

Duly noted.

Yeah, quoting just the post above ain't enough. Instead quote all the previous posts when modifying your reply so we won't forget what we are discussing.

Isolated Fury
06-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Duly noted.

Yeah, quoting just the post above ain't enough. Instead quote all the previous posts when modifying your reply so we won't forget what we are discussing.
Just in case you guys lost track of the conversation.

Tijs
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Duly noted.

Thanks, but was still able to follow everything.

coke_a_holic
06-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't understand the joke :confused::confused::confused::confused:

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 02:04 PM

Duly noted.

Does that clarify it for you?

Rooster
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Duly noted.

I don't understand the joke

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Come on, this isn't that funny guys... But please, continue :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 03:00 PM

Duly noted.

I don't understand the joke :confused::confused::confused:

C-c-c-combo breaker!

This could end up being so awful.

Llamas
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

o hey guise wats goin on in here?

Rooster
06-25-2012, 03:10 PM

Duly noted.

I don't understand the joke :confused:

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Just imagine this by page 35...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Come on, this isn't that funny guys... But please, continue

Not much. We're just in the process of making BBS history. I just quoted myself. I wonder how many times I'll do that in the course of this thread.

EDIT: I had to add Raptor in as an edit because his post wasn't there when I started my post.

Rooster
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Duly noted.

I don't understand the joke

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not much. We're just in the process of making BBS history. I just quoted myself. I wonder how many times I'll do that in the course of this thread.

EDIT: I had to add Raptor in as an edit because his post wasn't there when I started my post.

Hahaha, sneaky Raptor88 being sneaky! Posting like a ninja!

You're gonna quote yourself many, many more times. This is gonna be a pain between the buttocks after a while, due to the 5 smileys restriction per post...

ad8
06-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

You're gonna quote yourself many, many more times. This is gonna be a pain between the buttocks after a while, due to the 5 smileys restriction per post...
Someone rename this into 2 questions...
btw, I am posting this in a deep state of moral dilemma... either I continue this pointless joke, or I break it. Both options seem not right. But just not posting at all? nah...

personal_loans_1

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

btw, I am posting this in a deep state of moral dilemma... either I continue this pointless joke, or I break it. Both options seem not right. But just not posting at all? nah...
Hey, I can't thing about any great quote for this occasion, but I just thought that if I want to reply in this thread I have to do it now.

ps. I had to disable smiles. Oh.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Come on, this isn't that funny guys... But please, continue

yeah, I'm going to keep deleting your smiley in your first post. I can't wait until _Lost_ sees this

Hey, I can't thing about any great quote for this occasion, but I just thought that if I want to reply in this thread I have to do it now.

Rooster
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

yeah, I'm going to keep deleting your smiley in your first post. I can't wait until _Lost_ sees this

Probably she's gonna think somebody just divided by zero

Edit: But what we're doing here is actually pretty damn useful, you only have to read the latest post and you've read the entire thread

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Edit: But what we're doing here is actually pretty damn useful, you only have to read the latest post and you've read the entire thread
ad8, I meant to appreciate your joke earlier, but I forgot about it. 2 Questions would be a very suitable thread title. Later guys, I'm going to grab something to eat.

ad8
06-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

ad8, I meant to appreciate your joke earlier, but I forgot about it. 2 Questions would be a very suitable thread title. Later guys, I'm going to grab something to eat.
Raptor: it is useful, but it comes at the cost of not knowing which post was actually quoted.

Rooster
06-25-2012, 03:42 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Raptor: it is useful, but it comes at the cost of not knowing which post was actually quoted.

Well, that's easy to answer: all of them were quoted.

edit: Just realised that there's a restriction for the ammount of thext in a single post, too. But we shouldn't reach it just yet...

personal_loans_1
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

edit: Just realised that there's a restriction for the ammount of thext in a single post, too. But we shouldn't reach it just yet...

Not yet, uff.
But seriously, I just realised that wrote
I can't thing (...) instead of ‘I can’t think (...)'. Usually when I see such a stupid mistake I edit it. Now I can’t. Which is why I agree with _Lost_ so much.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.
But seriously, I just realised that wrote instead of ĎI canít think (...)'. Usually when I see such a stupid mistake I edit it. Now I canít. Which is why I agree with _Lost_ so much.
Oh hey guys, I'm back

Rooster
06-25-2012, 04:41 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.
But seriously, I just realised that wrote instead of ‘I can’t think (...)'. Usually when I see such a stupid mistake I edit it. Now I can’t. Which is why I agree with _Lost_ so much.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

Sorry, I was just drifting with a modified Elegy in an underground car park at the San Fierro airport, with the latest Offspring tunes playing on the user track radio. Did I miss something? :D

edit: Sweet, I can go to bed now, knowing that this is the longest post in this thread up until this point, and that (as of the time that I'm typing this) I probably hold the world quoting record! This is probably going to become an experiment to see how far we can actually take this stuff, I'm curious who'll be the first to reach the word limit per post. Goodnight! :)

WebDudette
06-25-2012, 06:21 PM
stop it :mad:.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.
But seriously, I just realised that wrote instead of ĎI canít think (...)'. Usually when I see such a stupid mistake I edit it. Now I canít. Which is why I agree with _Lost_ so much.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

Sorry, I was just drifting with a modified Elegy in an underground car park at the San Fierro airport, with the latest Offspring tunes playing on the user track radio. Did I miss something? :D

edit: Sweet, I can go to bed now, knowing that this is the longest post in this thread up until this point, and that (as of the time that I'm typing this) I probably hold the world quoting record! This is probably going to become an experiment to see how far we can actually take this stuff, I'm curious who'll be the first to reach the word limit per post. Goodnight! :)

Don't wreck it PilZ-E. Join in the fun. Now I hold the quoting record.

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Ha ha. This is fun to watch.

TheJakes84
06-25-2012, 06:37 PM

Oh, I get it now its a joke :rolleyes:

Godxilla
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM

Yup, if I like it and Pilzeee hates it, it must be a joke, eh?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 06:55 PM

Duly noted.

I don't understand the joke :confused::confused:

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

Sorry, I was just drifting with a modified Elegy in an underground car park at the San Fierro airport, with the latest Offspring tunes playing on the user track radio. Did I miss something?

edit: Sweet, I can go to bed now, knowing that this is the longest post in this thread up until this point, and that (as of the time that I'm typing this) I probably hold the world quoting record! This is probably going to become an experiment to see how far we can actually take this stuff, I'm curious who'll be the first to reach the word limit per post. Goodnight!

stop it .

Oh, I get it now its a joke

Come on guys, you have to quote EVERYONE :).

That way the most recent visitors can read the whole thread in one post.

_Lost_
06-25-2012, 07:23 PM
How are you all not bored with this yet?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-25-2012, 07:34 PM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

It's more entertaining than studying for my exam tomorrow.

T-6005
06-25-2012, 09:59 PM
This sucks.

T-6005
06-25-2012, 09:59 PM
This sucks.

You shut the hell up.

Jojan
06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes. They did toss out guitar picks to the crowd, with Offspring-ish artwork on it

XYlophonetreeZ
06-25-2012, 10:53 PM
This thread is an opportune time for me to toot my own horn and recreate the best post I've ever made:

I have more punk in my seamen than you do in your whole family

WebDudette
06-25-2012, 10:53 PM
This thread is giving Jojan's signature a run for it's money. ZING!

ad8
06-26-2012, 01:52 AM
We finally did it!

It belongs in a museum.
This should be the online national museum of forum quotations.

Rooster
06-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Fuck it, this is taking too long. Let's just make one looooong post, even if we quote the same thing over and over. Just to see how long we can make it before we hit the word limit per post. What is the limit, 1000 words?

Rooster
06-26-2012, 02:08 AM

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.
But seriously, I just realised that wrote instead of ‘I can’t think (...)'. Usually when I see such a stupid mistake I edit it. Now I can’t. Which is why I agree with _Lost_ so much.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

It's more entertaining than studying for my exam tomorrow.

This sucks.

You shut the hell up.

Yes. They did toss out guitar picks to the crowd, with Offspring-ish artwork on it

This thread is an opportune time for me to toot my own horn and recreate the best post I've ever made:

We finally did it!

This should be the online national museum of forum quotations.

Fuck it, this is taking too long. Let's just make one looooong post, even if we quote the same thing over and over. Just to see how long we can make it before we hit the word limit per post. What is the limit, 1000 words?

Duly noted.

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Not yet, uff.

Oh hey guys, I'm back

So, this is as long as it gets? 10k characters

mrconeman
06-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I immediately regret starting the joke.

Llamas
06-26-2012, 07:59 AM

This was the best part of the thread.

I immediately regret starting the joke.

Yep, got hella lame in a hurry. lolololo remember our:
www.livejournal.com
www.aim.com
www.skype.com

? The threads that we were posting those in were even more annoying than this.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
This was the best part of the thread.

Nah, that honor goes to Thibault

This sucks.

You shut the hell up.

I miss Jeff316.