PDA

View Full Version : I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM GUYS!!! (On listening to The Offspring)

JohnnyNemesis
06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Whenever the band comes out with a new album, I get ridiculously excited and want to listen to ALL of their albums all day every day in a row and there's JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY TO DO THAT!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Seriously though, does this ever happen to y'all? That urge to listen to absolutely everything around new album time?

nightvision
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
For sure but I don't have the time since I listen to the new shit over and over.

GamerKT
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Yes, I keep neglecting all of my other music. Offspring binge.

JohnnyNemesis
06-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Offspring binge.

I'll just call it that every time

The Search Button
06-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate The Offspring!!!

All their albuns have an end!

How dare them?!?!?

GamerKT
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I'll just call it that every time

We're on an Offbringe.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I do that before the album comes but but once it's released, that's what I keep listening to over and over again.

hshduppsnt
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Whenever the band comes out with a new album, I get ridiculously excited and want to listen to ALL of their albums all day every day in a row and there's JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY TO DO THAT!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Seriously though, does this ever happen to y'all? That urge to listen to absolutely everything around new album time?

haha I usually save myself by doing so with the older albums in order in like the week leading UP to the album so that today I'm just listening to it over and over again

KyleW
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
does this ever happen to y'all? That urge to listen to absolutely everything around new album time?

Absolutely. I'll start getting pumped about the new release and suddenly I remember how good all the old stuff is and my iTunes will be Offspring dominated for a couple of days. Then the new album comes out and nothing but that gets played :P. Its a nice problem to have though.

Camila
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Pretty much. I have listened to all of them as a countdown until today. Oh, memories...

Llamas
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Fo' sho'! I've already put all their albums including the new one on shuffle, and then made a giant playlist of my favorite songs (there were 81 songs total, lololol). I've put both Dirty Magic versions side by side and listened to each of them multiple times... same with All I Have Left is You and Fix You, due to the weird comparisons here on the bbs... yeah, I haven't listened to anything else since the stream went up.

_Lost_
06-26-2012, 01:02 PM
If the stereo in my car worked, I would do the same thing as I did with the Used binge I went on. :( I mostly listen to music when driving. The last Offspring album, I didn't listen to anything but Offspring for two months.

nightvision
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
I just threw it all in the shuffle. Listening to Living In Chaos right now, good times :).

Oh wait a minute I actually forgot to turn on shuffle, ha! That's why I got 5 Co1 songs in a row...

Defender
06-26-2012, 01:07 PM
This is a disease called "Offspringitis syndrome" and everybody has it, on these boards.

TheJakes84
07-02-2012, 11:00 PM
It's like a lustful addiction disease/disorder .

A love Obssession/possession.

Are we all obssessed with THE OFFSPRING?

As long as, we're not all stalking the band members!

:rolleyes:

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Does this happen to me? Yep, you bet it does! For just over a month now, I'd say about 95% of what I've listened to, has been The Offspring... like someone mentioned earlier, an Offspring binge! lol The new album has been in very regular rotation, and I've also been listening to their other albums a lot too! I just listened to Conspiracy Of One again yesterday in full for the first time in a while, and was reminded instantly of why it's my fave Offspring album. It can be easy sometimes to forget stuff like that, but it all comes flooding back when you play it!

The new album is definitely a keeper, and most of the material on it is really strong, and even some songs which I didn't love inititally (in particular, the title track and O.C. Guns) I now love a lot! Damn that Cruising California for instilling fears in me for the new album when I first heard it! :p

holland25
07-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Ummmm, yes, I think it happens to me too...

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8442/efd.png

Offspring-Junkie
07-03-2012, 05:34 AM
No, just the new album, I'm listening to it daily, except of "turning into you", I don't like that song very much. And with I don't like, I mean it's ok, but not that good.

D0NT
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I can totaly relate to this, there was a time too where I could only listen to them daily and time wasnt enough to enjoy their music, finally I moved on from the Offspring and punk rock in general to other music styles and now I happily listen to various kind of music, some psychodelic drugs can improove your music taste and amplify it.

Other thing that helped me to move on from listening "just to the offspring" was to get into the bands that influenced them such as T.S.O.L and The Dickies. they are both awesome bands with huge discographys, I even got to see The Dickies live here in Argentina last year, thanks The Offspring for this bands.

:cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Over the past two years I have gotten a lot worse with music and now I have trouble listening to anything other than punk rock and its sub-genres. I'm really glad the Offspring took a risk and made OC Guns because I love that song now. I still almost exclusively listen to punk though. I used to incorporate a lot more hard rock and metal into my music diet but now I can't. A few months ago I tried to listen to a lot of SOAD but eventually I got tired of them too. I used to love classic rock too but now I have trouble making myself listen to it. I'm not so much trapped with listening to The Offspring, but punk in general. I do frequently listen to The Offspring though (every day). This phase will hopefully pass in the next few years. I used to love so many music genres, and I want to love them again.

Sara MZK
07-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Metal is the music that I listen to more than any other, even though I've always loved a wide array of different music. I've never had the mentality that "metal is real and true music, and everything else sucks!", which to me is a very foolish attitude to have anyway! I love a lot of punk rock, even if my knowledge of that genre is not as extensive as my knowledge of metal. Whilst I did like punk rock before I heard The Offspring, they were the first band from that genre that I truly loved, and it was them that made me wish to delve further into that genre.

The Offspring became one of my favourite bands very soon after I first discovered them, and they have remained so ever since. Because I like loads of different bands, and different music, I can sometimes go weeks without listening to any Offspring stuff, but I always come back to it eventually, because their music is so enduring and so great. And when I do listen to them again, I find I listen to almost nothing but them for a time, they are very addicting! lol I certainly have a lot of affection for this band, and the new album does nothing except solidify that affection. :)

jacknife737
07-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Since the album has came out, i've often found myself wishing my commute to work, and backhome would be longer, so that i can listen to the album one more time.

TheJakes84
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
You know you're addicted to The Offspring when... some gnarly fan makes a thread about it and it keeps things more interesting and less dull.

disclaimer_07
07-03-2012, 10:43 PM
It doesn't really happen to me. A new album coming out doesn't affect the frequency with which I listen to the older stuff. I just wait for the new album without going back to the old ones.

personal_loans_1
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I looped into secrets, slim pickens and oc guns. Guns make it varied enough. Others from dgb are joining slowly.