PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Dexter_italy
07-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the new bbs :D I was doubtful about the cover colors, but it seems really nice, I'll have to get used to it :D

Lord_Gabo
07-01-2012, 03:54 AM
I have some difficult to read , the background disturb a little bit..

TheNooseIsFalling
07-01-2012, 04:05 AM
I lieeek. I need that background picture, can someone help me with that please?

Blitz!
07-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Me likes <3 The background looks awesome but it would be great if the area where we post was a solid colour ... a bit more eye friendly

Rooster
07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
I kinda agree with Marika, but I'm already getting used to the new background as it is. I like the change a lot, it's refreshing!

One bug I noticed, I can't view the pics in my user albums anymore. They are there apparently, but when I want to check them they aren't displayed for some reason.

disclaimer_07
07-01-2012, 04:59 AM
I lieeek. I need that background picture, can someone help me with that please?

http://www.offspring.com/o/style/background2.jpg

Llamas
07-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Wow, I really hate the new design. Way, way too busy. The giant banner is completely unnecessary and obnoxious, and the background needs to just be a solid color. On the plus side, this could reduce my posting frequency ;)

samseby
07-01-2012, 06:08 AM
Wow, I really hate the new design. Way, way too busy. The giant banner is completely unnecessary and obnoxious, and the background needs to just be a solid color. On the plus side, this could reduce my posting frequency ;)

Agreed ;-) (miss the old emoticons too).

Jojan
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
The menu and news banner takes too much space. It is annoying when you have to scroll down as soon as you have opened a thread.

It is also a little disturbing when the background changes its size as soon as you resize the window.

The buttons to report, quote and edit a post is a bit hard to see.

And I think that some posts have been lost during the migration.

Rooster
07-01-2012, 06:27 AM
For me the forum is all black now, with white font, and the background is gone. Maybe they are making a few adjustments?

Now that I had more time to look around and see what's new I could form a better opinion. I hope they keep the background, I really like it. I like the change and all, but a few things are unneccessary (like the "what's new" feature, I probably won't use it very often). I don't mind the new banner, and there are now more smileys to choose from (not very important, but still a nice addition). Transparent posting area didn't really work with the new background - I liked the way it looked a lot, but it was a bit distracting, maybe they could make it better with a few tweaks (for examle, if they changed it so that we could still see the background through it, but would be more blurred or something like that), but even if it would be left as it is now I could get used to it.

Whatever they do, they should deffinitely keep the new album's theme :)

Edit: nevermind, maybe it was just my firefox crashing that caused the background to disappear. Or someone divided by zero.

samseby
07-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Some posts kind of "vanished" too (maybe those were posted after the last backup?!) ... Well, never mind.

Dexter_italy
07-01-2012, 06:44 AM
The menu and news banner takes too much space. It is annoying when you have to scroll down as soon as you have opened a thread.

It's a bit like finding a post of yours as first comment ;) ....too much space and scroll down to the next one. But yeah, it was better without it. I still have the background which is a little eye annoying. It would be cool to have a black background for the threads, and the sides with the image of the bench, the guy on the left and the man on the right. I don't know if it's clear what I mean..

mrconeman
07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Genuinely amazed that they've managed to make the boards look worse. Way, way, way worse.

Just took me a good 30 completely unnecessary seconds to find the "submit reply" text because of the god awful backround scheme.

_Lost_
07-01-2012, 07:30 AM
My only thing is that it would be nice if the black were a little less see through than it is. It would be a little easier to read that way.

Administrator
07-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Some changes already have been made regarding your comments. Please refresh your browser's cache.

Al Coholic
07-01-2012, 07:47 AM
I guess every once in a while it's necessary to have change for the sake of unnecessary change. First of all the whole white on light gray theme makes it impossible to see. Are we actually trying to get people to post less? Takes me forever to find the reply button.

That bench is totally emo and I hate it already. Mostly because of how transparent the background is, making it hard to read.

Oh yay, a banner. We talked about making this site more like Facebook. Instead, we might be sucessful in making it more like Myspace. Everything under my profile, from activity to freinds to photos, has nothing.

I do like the reorganization of the stuff above where I post. It looks more like Microsoft Word, and a bit more advanced. However, it's also a bit weird. Example:

hey look

I can make a table

(I think)

Go ahead and try to make a table. It's too hard to be functional. Hoping it's fixed instead of scrapped.

New smileys/icons are too small for me to really tell what half of them are doing.

I understand/hope this is a beta. And so here's a useful thread for feedback. Post yours

mrconeman
07-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeah the submit reply button is at least visible now. I'm sure you'll be able to work out all the kinks that are making this version of the board actually nonfunctional, but man that background really is an eyesore.

WebDudette
07-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Genuinely amazed that they've managed to make the boards look worse. Way, way, way worse.

Yep. Though, I've always hated anything that is light on dark. I just can't understand why anyone would ever prefer it.

The good news is, after like a year and a half, I can finally post from my iPod again. It doesn't work to well, but at least it finally works.

samseby
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Sometimes - as is known - less is more.

Llamas
07-01-2012, 09:47 AM
The only change I see is that the reply button is easier to see. Not much of a change...

Edit: the hideous banner is gone, too. Thank god for that.

WebDudette
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Sometimes - as is known - less is more.

It's definitely too busy, but I'm a huge fan of simplicity.

Also, browsing through the forum is incredibly hard on an iPod. All of the text is the same color and all smashed together, it's difficult to tell what's going on. Haven't had the chane to check it out on PC yet.

samseby
07-01-2012, 10:10 AM
It's definitely too busy, but I'm a huge fan of simplicity.

Also, browsing through the forum is incredibly hard on an iPod. All of the text is the same color and all smashed together, it's difficult to tell what's going on. Haven't had the chane to check it out on PC yet.

So am I.
Whole thing doesn't work via tapatalk for me ... only accessed via laptop yet

Pretty sure someone will keep an eye on all the tiny little problems ;-)

dexter12296566
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
I absolutely hate it. It don't like the new Offspring skull and I liked the red and black... I was afraid they would do this and it sucks...

The new profiles are absolutely awful as well...

And it would appear that the last few posts I've made in the photo album thread and a couple others were deleted...

Jojan
07-01-2012, 10:43 AM
They removed the banner from the Community page. Good.

I found this:

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/psi/2048x1536/c0wov1gbFmrGXtirRbOX61eLpc7zCFSnEATTFoFCcR0/42567605/1341248400/b6efc5b/flaw.png

Sara MZK
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm glad that the banner is now gone, but I wish the actual messageboard area was all in black. With it now being transparent, it's not so kind on the eyes! lol It does look awesome though. :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I lost around 50 of my posts. Wow. This new design makes me feel lost.

Sara MZK
07-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I lost around 50 of my posts. Wow. This new design makes me feel lost.

Yep, I lost a few of my posts too... dunno what happened there. :\

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Change sucks. I need to leave before this place gives me a headache.

Omni
07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
It's a little distracting with the trees in the background, but I like the change, all-in-all.

Little_Miss_1565
07-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming - this is a big job and adjustments will likely be a work in progress.

cool 2 hate 681
07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Agreed ;-) (miss the old emoticons too).

me too :(

And it would appear that the last few posts I've made in the photo album thread and a couple others were deleted...

yeah a lot of recent post were not saved for some reason

Little_Miss_1565
07-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I know they tried to avoid losing posts but sometimes it happens. Sorry, y'all.

cool 2 hate 681
07-01-2012, 12:49 PM
that's ok :) at least they didn't reset the forums like in 2004

_Lost_
07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Its funny though, because Duskygrin's initial post in her "Age" thread somehow got undeleted. ;)

jacknife737
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I dig some of the changes, ie the banner being removed, and the new look of the "comment" function. And the ability to finally embed Youtube videos is fantastic.

Can't say i'm enjoying the transparency though: the trees in the background of the middle of the page sort of hurts/distracts my eyes a bit too muc.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I feel bad now. This must have been really hard. It actually looks really cool, it's just a little too cool. It's too crowded for my tastes. With all the stuff going on, I'm having trouble finding the buttons I want. I'm sure we'll all be used to it in a month though.

dexter12296566
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
OKay so I know I am completely oblivious but I just started coming back here... what banner are we talking about?

DarrellOCguy
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Change is good. Just not this one.

Sara MZK
07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
It's a little distracting with the trees in the background, but I like the change, all-in-all.

Yep, that's the only complaint I'd have really... When you're replying though, the message background gets darker... if that could be implemented for the actual messageboard layout, it'd be better. Not so hard on the eyes. lol

@dexter12296566: The banner from the home page with all the band news and info was also on top of the messageboard when it came back, but it has now been removed, thankfully. xD

Hmm... seems you can't put spaces between paragraphs now for some reason... :(

Omni
07-01-2012, 05:01 PM
ICan't say i'm enjoying the transparency though: the trees in the background of the middle of the page sort of hurts/distracts my eyes a bit too muc.

That's what I've been saying, but I'll definitely adjust. It's just new at the moment. Every other change is an improvement. Ace job, Admins.

Godxilla
07-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Hate it. Lost a bunch of posts too. Epic fail.

Mechagodzilla2
07-01-2012, 07:15 PM

It is also a little disturbing when the background changes its size as soon as you resize the window.

The buttons to report, quote and edit a post is a bit hard to see.

And I think that some posts have been lost during the migration.

Yes, I lost about four posts and one thread, I'll have to start up that thread again. As for the design, I agree with you that it is a bit too big and kind of annoying. I liked the old one much better.

_Lost_
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Its kind of hard to tell the difference between a Hyperlink and regular text. Its just bold where it used to be a different color.

RageAndLov
07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
My anti-virus programme (AVG) is telling me they have eliminated a threat from offspring.com/newcommunity/. It won't stop, it pops up all the time. EDIT: It says "Exploit Blackhole, exploit kit ( type 2170)".

Other than that, I don't have big problems with the new layout, except for the background being too transparent and it is hard to read posts. Plus, it is all very colourless. Very dark.

WebDudette
07-01-2012, 08:22 PM
while losing posts kind of sucks, I'm sure they tired to keep them, and it's really not a big deal that they are gone.

KTILLA23
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm loving the new layout! I say you guys did a good job. :cool:

Dexter_italy
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
My anti-virus programme (AVG) is telling me they have eliminated a threat from offspring.com/newcommunity/. It won't stop, it pops up all the time. EDIT: It says "Exploit Blackhole, exploit kit ( type 2170)".

this just happened to me too

Defender
07-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Cool! The little "mistakes" were fixed and I like it better now. I have the same problem with my anti-virus. A Trojan-threat appears every time I am connected.

Tijs
07-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Cool! The little "mistakes" were fixed and I like it better now. I have the same problem with my anti-virus. A Trojan-threat appears every time I am connected.Can you give some more info about that?

Browser
Full virus warning
On every page?

Defender
07-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Can you give some more info about that?

Browser
Full virus warning
On every page?

Browser: Firefox
Not full virus warning. It blocked my connection,though (37 blocked attacks).
Not on every page. Just the community page.

It's ok right now,I think. I was connected 2 times and everything was ok. It seems that it's fixed:).

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Now the only problem I really have, is not being able to split posts into paragraphs. When you're typing your post out, you can split up paragraphs, but when you hit "submit reply", and your message is actually posted on the board, there is no space between the paragraphs. Which makes posts look very untidy and sloppy.

Oh and yep, the old smileys were much better! lol (there should be a space between this sentence and the first paragraph. But as you can see, in the posted message, the space has been removed, and the two paragraphs are now conjoined...)

Chainsaw
07-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Your post looks fine for me, nicely separated.

It seems the transparency has been reduced? Feels better for the eyes now. I'll just have to
get used to the links being moved, for some reason I keep clicking on Private messages if I want to go back to the
forum's main page.

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 04:33 AM
You should still be able to put an actual space between seperate paragraphs though... I guess my previous post doesn't look too bad, but that's because it's short. If you were to make a long post with say 4 or 5 spaces between different paragraphs, it would look very untidy with no spaces between them... lol

And yep, I think the transparency has been reduced. It's much easier on the eye now, but retains the cool look it had previously. :)

Rooster
07-02-2012, 06:53 AM
I think it looks pretty cool now. The transparency does seem to have been reduced, but I like that you can still see the background. It's much easier on the eyes.

Krojd
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
I like it, this thread can be closed now.

edit: Ohh, we can't have pics as a signatures anymore? This is the end of my awesome ignition meme signature!

Administrator
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
On this page, scroll all the way down to where it says "The Offspring [Black]". There's a style called "The Offspring [White]".
If some of you could try it out and leave your opinion here in a comment, that would be very helpful.

Alternatively, click here for The Offspring [White] (http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/forum.php?styleid=6) and here for The Offspring [Black] (http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/forum.php?styleid=2).

Krojd, some user permissions may have changed during the upgrade. You should be able to add images to your signature again.

0r4ng3
07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Trying out [white] now. It's definitely more readable this way.

_Lost_
07-02-2012, 09:09 AM
You should still be able to put an actual space between seperate paragraphs though... I guess my previous post doesn't look too bad, but that's because it's short. If you were to make a long post with say 4 or 5 spaces between different paragraphs, it would look very untidy with no spaces between them... lol

More than one line of space between paragraphs is useless and obnoxious. Besides telling a "scroll down for the punch line" joke, there is no reason for it and complaining about it is dumb. If we wanted to tell a joke by stretching out our post past the screen back in the day, we had to use our brains to make it work. Not having that ability automatically enabled, can help keep some newbie posts from being as annoying as they are. Its similar to the 10 character rule. I don't understand at all how this could be a problem. It would be nice if we could use the TAB key though.

I'm not a fan of the white scheme. Its rather bright. I had to turn my screen down. It is easier to read, but distracting when I'm trying to watch tv.

I like the mobile version. It loads so much faster on my phone. Is there a way for the page to automatically go to that if you are on your phone? 'Cause I only discovered it when I switched back to the black version.

Rooster
07-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Black wins for me, it just looks so much better. But having 2 styles available is a good idea, in case somebody still feels the black style with its transparency is harder to read. I find it perfectly fine now :)

Krojd
07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
...You should be able to add images to your signature again.
Alright, thank you very much ;)

Black wins for me, it just looks so much better.
True.

RageAndLov
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
The white background worked for me. It's easier to read. I have always preferred black on white instead of the opposite.

By the way, now my browser - Opera v.12.00 - has blocked offspring.com/newcommunity/forum.php because the page has been reported of spreading malware. AVG still keeps telling me that a threat has been blocked coming from this site.

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
More than one line of space between paragraphs is useless and obnoxious. Besides telling a "scroll down for the punch line" joke, there is no reason for it and complaining about it is dumb. If we wanted to tell a joke by stretching out our post past the screen back in the day, we had to use our brains to make it work. Not having that ability automatically enabled, can help keep some newbie posts from being as annoying as they are. Its similar to the 10 character rule. I don't understand at all how this could be a problem. It would be nice if we could use the TAB key though.

I'm not a fan of the white scheme. Its rather bright. I had to turn my screen down. It is easier to read, but distracting when I'm trying to watch tv.

I never mentioned anything about more than one line of space between paragraphs. So calling me dumb for something which I never even complained about, is in itself pretty dumb. You've simply misread what I meant. I was meaning if you made a post with say, 4 paragraphs in it, you'd need to be able to make 4 spaces IN TOTAL (not all inbetween the same paragraph), in your post, or else it would look untidy, and amateurish.

Funnily enough, when I switched to the white scheme, posts recently made with paragraphs (with a space between them) had the space visible. However, when I switched back to the black scheme, the same posts had all their paragraphs conjoined together... strange...

I love the white scheme on the main forum page, the skull logos look awesome on the white background! Overall though, I prefer the black background. It looks better to me, now that the background isn't as transparent as before. :)

WebDudette
07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Try clearing your cache and history, might fix your spacing problem.

I quite like the mobile site.

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Try clearing your cache and history, might fix your spacing problem.

I quite like the mobile site.

Nope, that didn't work, but thanks for trying to help. :) Srangely, the problem only seems to occur when it's the black scheme. When I choose the white scheme, all the posts with paragraphs have them seperated as normal, but when I choose the black scheme, the paragraphs are conjoined together. And the black scheme is the one I prefer! lol

WebDudette
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Weird, I do not have that problem, even on the black forum.

_Lost_
07-02-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't have that problem either. You might be the only one, thus the confusion. Have you tried a different browser?

Sara MZK
07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Weird, I do not have that problem, even on the black forum.

Ah, I've just discovered the problem.... It's a browser issue. When I switched to firefox, the paragraphs are seperated as normal, even with the black scheme. But with Internet Explorer (which is the primary browser I use), they are conjoined, but only with the black scheme, it works fine with the white. So it seems more like a browser issue, than with the messageboard... :confused:

Edit: That's creepy, as soon as I realise it's a browser problem, I see that _Lost_ was at almost the same moment, giving me advice to try a different browser! lol xD

Lord_Gabo
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
white version working good for me !

Jojan
07-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I tried the white Offspring layout, and the completely white one. And now, I am not able to visit http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/profile.php?do=editoptions and change back.

Tijs
07-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Probably that page isn't supported by the style. Click here to go back to the original style:
http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/forum.php?styleid=4

Jojan
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Probably that page isn't supported by the style. Click here to go back to the original style:
http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/forum.php?styleid=4

Exactly what it said. Thank you for the link, masturbator.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I have no problems with paragraph separation either.

I quite like the new modifications now.

cool 2 hate 681
07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
i like white better it's easier to read

Blitz!
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree, the black on white is better to read but I have become so accustomed to white on black. Admin, thanks for making the background a little darker but it would be great if it could be a tad darker.

P.S Thumbs up on the mobile style :cool:

Llamas
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Issue:

Posts written by people on the Ignore List show up as giant white blocks with no text. I had to highlight one to see text and find out it was a hidden message by someone on my ignore list.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Issue:

Posts written by people on the Ignore List show up as giant white blocks with no text. I had to highlight one to see text and find out it was a hidden message by someone on my ignore list.

Posts and things that I've deleted show up the same way. I've asked the administrator if that can be changed.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I love the mobile version. I had never used it before until now. It's great.

dff_punk
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I like it. Might need some time to get used to it, but it looks really fresh :) That's all I have to say. The auto-save thingy is neat.

skrillex
07-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Is there any way to make it so that the background image doesn't have to re-adjust itself every time I load a new page? It's a little disorienting but I am getting used to it so I guess it's not a huge deal.

Edit: Sorry if the question was resolved earlier in the thread. I'm too lazy to read it all...

TheJakes84
07-03-2012, 12:48 AM
It looks decent and will they make it any more different when the new one comes along. The store section is my fave thing about this place.

holland25
07-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Photo albums do not work. I'm not sure if it's already been reported, but I'm too lazy to browse this thread.

Example: http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/album.php?albumid=496

samseby
07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
http://youtu.be/q0APwMDnius

LOVE this function - awesome!

Tapatalk still isn't working for me. :( Am I the only one using it? Anyone else having problems? Help!!! Please ...

Edit:
Maybe the online/offline button could be a little brighter / bigger.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
^ THAT IS AWESOME

At least on my side of things, I keep finding new features that make the forum easier to use and better. This upgrade rules.

Samesby, have you tried using the mobile version of the forums without Tapatalk? I can't imagine you'd still need Tapatalk with that.

Llamas
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
When you do a search for a keyword, the keyword shows up in every post in black text, which you can't read. It's similar to the ignore list issue. Not a huge problem, but kind of annoying.

_Lost_
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I love love LOVE the mobile version! I remember back when I didn't have internet and the only option I had to come here was my iTouch. My absence wouldn't have been nearly as long as it was if we had had that option before.

samseby
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Already have - looks good :D
Prefer Tapatalk 'cause it's so "pared down". No big deal though.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
In the new search, is there a way to display results as posts rather than threads? I've personally never thought there was much use for showing results as threads, but in the past it's been incredibly easy to simply show them as posts.

Also, when you search for posts made by a specific user, it only shows threads started by that person as opposed to any posts they've made.

Thanks

TheJakes84
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
It still looks decent and tastefull. So appropriate and nice. I am so loving the new style of this place. Thanx Offy. :o :rolleyes:

cool 2 hate 681
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
i don't really like it the only good thing is we can put youtube links in our post

Tijs
07-06-2012, 03:15 PM
In the new search, is there a way to display results as posts rather than threads? I've personally never thought there was much use for showing results as threads, but in the past it's been incredibly easy to simply show them as posts.

Also, when you search for posts made by a specific user, it only shows threads started by that person as opposed to any posts they've made.

ThanksYes.
Under the search thingy at the top right of the forums, hit 'Advanced Search'. Then at the top left of the search section, click 'Search Single Content Type'. A different page appears, under 'Additional Options' where it says 'Show Results As' check 'Posts'

The same search method also displays posts made by specific users.

i don't really like it the only good thing is we can put youtube links in our postWhat is it that you don't like about it, just the look of it or also its functionality? Both can be something you're going to get used too.

Dexter_italy
07-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm getting used to the new look and I like. Just one thing, since the main theme is now blue it would be intresting to see blu skulls for the new posts logo... It seems they don't fit in red :)

_Lost_
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
When you select the "search thread/forum" quick search, instead of the one at the top, the letters are white on white so that you can't see what you are trying to type.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Yes.
Under the search thingy at the top right of the forums, hit 'Advanced Search'. Then at the top left of the search section, click 'Search Single Content Type'. A different page appears, under 'Additional Options' where it says 'Show Results As' check 'Posts'

Oh OK. I assumed I was already looking at "Single Content Type" when I first clicked Advanced Search, so I hit "Multiple Content Type" and couldn't tell how it was different. It's weird that Multiple Content Type is the default setting- somehow I'm more used to seeing the default setting listed to the left of the other settings. Seems to make more sense.

cool 2 hate 681
07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
What is it that you don't like about it, just the look of it or also its functionality? Both can be something you're going to get used too.

yeah it's both of those im still really used to the red and black forum but your right im sure i will eventually get used to it:)

Mechagodzilla2
07-08-2012, 05:46 PM
We should have a third style that looks like the old community. Me and Tijs have both told the admin about it and I want to know if you like the idea.

Blitz!
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
What is the purpose of the 'Text Enhance' function?

Tijs
07-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Text Enhance? Where do you see that?

Jojan
07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Why am I only allowed to use 1 000 characters in my signature including BB code?

What is the purpose of the 'Text Enhance' function?

Maybe it is to enhance text. I am guessing. But it seems feasible, my love.

Blitz!
07-10-2012, 02:27 PM
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/m_rogue/Untitled.png

This happens when my mouse moves over 'online' above the Text Enhance image. I have also found a few others on the BBS. Could it be my browser, if so, how do I fix it?

Tijs
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah that's not the forums. That's a program on your computer doing that. What browser are you on?

edit: I see it, Chrome..

Blitz!
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Google Chrome

Tijs
07-10-2012, 02:39 PM
You've got some software installed on your computer that changes text to links to create annoying advertisements. Go to your computer's control panel --> and then Uninstall A Program and see what you can uninstall there.

Or check what add ons you've got running on Chrome that you're not familiar with or that might be causing this.

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2012, 05:26 PM
how do i delete a pm?

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2012, 11:08 AM
In your list of PMs, click the check box to the right of each message that you'd like to delete. Then, scroll to the bottom of the list and click the Selected messages drop-down menu. Click the radio button for "Delete," then click Proceed.

cool 2 hate 681
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
thank you :)

Jojan
08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Text in CODE tags are difficult to read for me. It is white text on bright grey background.

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2012, 01:25 AM
can we still edit the title of a thread we made? if so how?

_Lost_
08-21-2012, 10:31 AM
We've never been able to do that. Only the moderators can change the title of a thread, at least as far as I've ever known.

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
We've never been able to do that. Only the moderators can change the title of a thread, at least as far as I've ever known.

i used to be able to do it before they re did the layout this year

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I used to get requests all the time to change titles of threads before the redesign because others couldn't do it. Hmm.

Tijs
08-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Users were never able to do it. You can edit the first post's title though, until after 2 weeks of posting.

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Users were never able to do it. You can edit the first post's title though, until after 2 weeks of posting.

ok i just forgot to put an a on the title of this thread :o http://www.offspring.com/newcommunity/showthread.php?46635-San-Jose-Presale-Pssword

i actually did do it once but i don't remember how

_Lost_
08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
fixed .

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2012, 02:16 PM
fixed .

thanks :) i didn't know you randy and gustavo became mods congratulations on that :)

Tijs
08-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I think that if you edit your posts title with 1 or 2 minutes after posting it, it also changes the thread title.

cool 2 hate 681
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I think that if you edit your posts title with 1 or 2 minutes after posting it, it also changes the thread title.

ok thanks :)

Krojd
08-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I may be dumb and lazy to figure it out, but how do I upload pictures to my profile now? :confused: When I hit "upload pictures" some file manager shows up, I can see the pictures in the albums, in the file manager...