PDA

View Full Version : Sound on Hurting as One

Dexter_italy
07-01-2012, 03:55 AM
Do you guys hear that sound at 1:33? At first I thought about an error on the streaming, but when I bought the cd I found it there too... it's not like an "ambient" sound or an effect done in porpouse...I don't know it sounds a bit weird.

TheNooseIsFalling
07-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Wow, nice ears, Bats. I think it's intentional, that song has some stuff like that, like that flanger-like effect on the backing vocals in the second verse

Dexter_italy
07-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Wow, nice ears, Bats. I think it's intentional, that song has some stuff like that, like that flanger-like effect on the backing vocals in the second verse

I see what you mean, that effect is a guitar with a wah pedal doing the same notes as the backings :) and it's pretty rad, but it makes sense. the other one is just....different than the common effects, it's not like a "vinyl" old sound that is used sometimes, if it had been in the future is now I could've guessed it was a futuristc interference but here I can't give an exact explanation.
Nothing really big I know, I still enjoy the song a lot, one of the best on the disc :D

Degstur Lolland
07-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Nice catch, I have it at 1:31/1:32. It sounds like a noise or some rag/paper getting torn appart.

Vinyl is used on OCG. They also did it on When You're In Prison. It's funny, another Splinter connection although a very weak one.

In my awesome review of the album I mentioned CO1/AFI influence besides Smash/Splinter. Go listen to Silver and Cold from Sing the Sorrow, much more extreme noises at the beginning. The album is red and black (except some special versions) like Smash. It's a very niftily constructed song in my opinion and the noise is intentional.

But, it could still be an interference from TFIN. :d

Eskimo
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't have the disc yet, but I'm assuming the little sharp transition on the "knock knocking at your door" on TFIN is intentional? Kind of emphasizing the lyric, making it sound a little more "knocking"-y? Pretty cool detail.

I'm guessing that's not just a glitch on the Rolling Stone stream.

DMelges
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't have the disc yet, but I'm assuming the little sharp transition on the "knock knocking at your door" on TFIN is intentional? Kind of emphasizing the lyric, making it sound a little more "knocking"-y? Pretty cool detail.

I'm guessing that's not just a glitch on the Rolling Stone stream.

Actually that's just the drummer hitting the snare twice to emphasize the "knock knock" part. Nice little detail ;)