PDA

View Full Version : Worst song by The Offspring

OnSpring!
07-03-2012, 04:51 PM
What do you think may be the worst song by The Offspring?

I'd go for FIX YOU. Dex's voice doesn't really fit ballads.
Take your turn.

cool 2 hate 681
07-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)

Sara MZK
07-03-2012, 04:57 PM

This! Some of the songs on the last album were a bit iffy, especially Fix You, but Cruising California takes the biscuit!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Quoted for truth. This should be a poll.

Outerspaceman21
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Cross between Cruising California and Don't Pick it Up, for me at least.

lucometta
07-03-2012, 05:18 PM
The Offspring has no bad songs, you know why? because I love this band and would do anything to go to a concert, but it's hard when you live in Argentina and I was a child when they came. Sorry if I have mistakes, but I do not speak much English

Sara MZK
07-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Cross between Cruising California and Don't Pick it Up, for me at least.

For me, Don't Pick It Up is nowhere near as bad as Cruising California, though I definitely would include it in a list of the worst songs they've ever done. It's not a great one, that's for sure!

GamerKT
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
As was said above, I don't think they have any bad songs. The song I like the least might be When You're In Prison, though. I'm impressed by how much it sounds like an old song, though.

NoGuessing
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
When You're In Prison is barely a song.

I always end up skipping A Thousand Days, So Alone, Way Down The Line, Worst Hangover Ever, Kristy and Rise and Fall.

I'd say Rise and Fall takes the cake.

Sara MZK
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I love When You're In Prison, and The Worst Hangover Ever. :p So Alone is one of my fave Offspring songs, I love it's hardcore punk aggression!

Mark Rooster
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
So Alone is one of my fave Offspring songs, I love it's hardcore punk aggression!

Definitely! My least favorite is Cruising California, by miles.

dff_punk
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
I would despise The Worst Hangover Ever, if it had less relatable lyrics :)

On topic, I can't really think of any. Maybe some of the b-side covers... but those aren't Offspring songs haha.

Mechagodzilla2
07-03-2012, 06:36 PM
None of them!

TheJakes84
07-03-2012, 08:07 PM
When you're in prison - It's about not being somebody's bitch when you accidently drop the soap in the shower and bend over to pick it up.

Don't pick it up - What the fuck is this shit? :mad:

The worst hangover ever - This one time at my sister's house, I got wasted on Jack/Jager and mixed it up and woke up with the worst hangover ever!

effreyj
07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I can't stand Da Hui...because I don't really feel comfortable

Mechagodzilla2
07-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I can't stand Da Hui...because I don't really feel comfortable

Then don't fuck with them.

KTILLA23
07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I always end up skipping A Thousand Days, So Alone, Way Down The Line, Worst Hangover Ever, Kristy and Rise and Fall.

I love all those songs!

Like some other people have said, i don't think they have any song that is bad. Heck i even love Cruising California and that's the truth. :cool:

XYlophonetreeZ
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
"Race Against Myself" for sure. I've never heard so many rock cliches in a single song. Except for maybe "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," which was a huge hit, so maybe it pays off to write horribly unimaginative dreck sometimes, but the bottom line for me is that I just don't enjoy that song at all.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-03-2012, 09:35 PM

I love the first three you listed! I do agree with you on the last 3.

TheJakes84
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Fix You - Has a sweet melody and Dex's voice can provide such a decent-low key tone of voice.

Da Hui - His vocals sound funny, specially the: "Don't fuck with the Da hui"/part.

Race Against Myself - My fucking favorite song of Splinter. It is the shit!

As for the covers, I only like a few but I won't say which ones though, haha.

holland25
07-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Since I should probably leave Sin City out of this, I'd agree with dff... The Worst Hangover Ever sucks. Also, A Lot Like Me is not my cup of tea either.

Sara MZK
07-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I would despise The Worst Hangover Ever, if it had less relatable lyrics :)

I don't relate to the lyrics at all, seeing as I don't drink alcohol, but I still love The Worst Hangover Ever! lol :P

As for Race Against Myself and Da Hui, those are in my top 3 songs from Splinter, along with Lightning Rod. Spare Me The Details however, is quite awful, and is one of my least fave Offspring songs, and is the worst song on Splinter!

I love this thread, it shows up how different people's tastes can be, even when the love for the band is one that is shared by everyone here. :)

holland25
07-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Oh yeah, and I also strongly dislike Lightning Rod and Hit That. I forgot to mention those two.

Defender
07-04-2012, 01:57 AM
I vote for "Fix you". It's not a bad song but it is their slowest(I don't like slow songs especially by bands like the Offspring) and when I listened to it for the first time I was shocked(first time they shocked me so much)!

findout5
07-04-2012, 02:50 AM
CC gets the poop cake award!

DarrellOCguy
07-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Every ballad.
Ballad + Offspring = No thanks.

Seriously, every slow sappy song they do is just not good to me. Denial revisited was the first one i ever skipped.

samseby
07-04-2012, 06:48 AM

I agree.
I don't like that kind of music at all and don't listen to such songs but that wouldn't make it a bad song per se ... that's just matter of taste. In this case & for this song it's the lyrics too. :(

dexterone
07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Rise and fall,Fix you and When you're in prison...if I had to choose one,it would be Rise and fall..

Dex90
07-04-2012, 09:27 AM
days go by..definately most boring rip-off song ever!

findout5
07-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Since I should probably leave Sin City out of this, I'd agree with dff... The Worst Hangover Ever sucks. Also, A Lot Like Me is not my cup of tea either.

No dry martinis and caviar for you! lol

DarrellOCguy
07-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Their B-sides are AWESOME. i made a cd with with everyone of them. Its part of their discography in my collection

holland25
07-04-2012, 10:40 AM
days go by..definately most boring rip-off song ever!

Your momma's a rip-off.

No dry martinis and caviar for you! lol

The fact that I dislike Sin City so much might have something to do with me disliking AC/DC...

DarrellOCguy
07-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I love some old school ACDC. How could anyone not like it? They had such a great sound :D

mrconeman
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Obviously Cruisin' California is the worst song they've ever penned.

If it wasn't for that song, I'd have about 5 or 6 Offspring songs that I don't like, that I would have to choose between, but I fucking hate Crusin' California, so at least that song makes this question easy.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-04-2012, 11:19 AM
There are some songs that feel kind of bland to me but Cruising California is the only one that I actually hate.

The Search Button
07-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Shattered Faith.

Blitz!
07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, and I also strongly dislike Lightning Rod

Wait a minute ... you gotta be kidding or smoking some good shit :D Lightning Rod is the best song on the Splinter album

and Hit That.

+1

Cruising California has grown on me even though I wasn't such a great fan to begin with. There is no song that I truly hate but my least favourite, at the moment are OC Guns & All I Have Left

dexterone
07-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Wait a minute ... you gotta be kidding or smoking some good shit :D Lightning Rod is the best song on the Splinter album

I think that you're the one who's kidding..Lighting Rod and the best song on Splinter? The Noose,Long way home,Race against myself,Head around you and Never gonna find me are much better..I like that song but I think that it is too overrated and I don't know why..

Sara MZK
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm totally with Blitz! Lightning Rod is the best song Splinter. lol Can't see why anyone would call it overrated even if they don't like it... :confused:

If any song from Splinter is overrated, it's definitely Can't Get My Head Around You. :P

frunsi
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Intermission.
Oh wait, that one is awesome.

i don't really like The End Of The Line or All I Have Left Is You.
But the worst song imo is Want You Bad. Or Fix You?

BagOfShenanigans
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Forever and a Day.

When it ends, I'm reminded that Ignition is over, and I have to hit 'replay'.
It's pretty fucking traumatic.

Intermission.
Welcome to Intermission.

/o/ /o/ /o/
aaahh..
\o\ \o\ \o\
intermission..
/o/ /o/ /o/
yeeeaaah.
\o\ \o\ \o\

DarrellOCguy
07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Intermission.

i don't really like The End Of The Line or All I Have Left Is You.
But the worst song imo is Want You Bad. Or Fix You?

End of the line? want you bad? REALLY? what are your favorite songs then?

TMDGJ
07-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Cruisin California, hands down.

The only song by The Offspring that I actually can say that I hate

Before that I probably would have said something like "there are no bad songs, they are all good in their own right"

Thanks CC for ruining that.

Krojd
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM

Want you bad isn't really that great. Definitely not the worst, but I'm kinda tired of it, they should play some other CO1 songs or Defy You instead of it. The End of the line?! That song rocks my socks off everytime.

I dont like Kristy much, so much cliche and boring...the clip was even worse.

Sara MZK
07-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Want You Bad is overrated to me... musically it's good, though the lyrics are a bit cringeworthy. I do think most of the other songs on CO1 are better, and don't get anywhere near the same level of attention, so it's definitely overrated. It's far from being a bad song though. Denial Revisited is the only song on CO1 that I could maybe consider as a filler, but even that isn't a bad song, but then again CO1 is a very strong and consistent album all the way through. No bad tracks on it at all. xD

As for End Of The Line, I've always classed that as one of their most highly underrated tracks, and also one of their best. Along with Pay The Man, it's my fave song from Americana.

NoGuessing
07-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Pay The Man should have been a single, or at least given a bad arse video.

Have You Ever is the same.

Sara MZK
07-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Pay The Man should have been a single, or at least given a bad arse video.

Have You Ever is the same.

As awesome as a Pay The Man video would have been, that song was the only one on Americana that had zero commercial potential, so therefore, it would never have been released as a single. It's a brilliant song though, and so, so underrated.

Totally agreed also on Have You Ever... it's a great song, and should have been released as a single and had a video made for it. But again, it's commercial potential was far lower than all the other songs from Americana that were released as singles, so it suffered for that...

frunsi
07-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Session, Mota, All I Want, Don't Pick It Up, Da Hui, Come Out And Play, Bad Habit, Tehran, Dividing By Zero, Dirty Magic (especially the DGB version)...

My problem with TEOTL is the same with the last few songs on Green Day's Dookie. It feels like they already had many great songs for the Album (Americana), but not enough for a full length album, so they thought "we need more songs, so we write a few songs that sound like the others on the album, although we have run out of good ideas/riffs/melodies/whatever".

devojka
07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I don't like Da Hui.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Cruisin California, hands down.

The only song by The Offspring that I actually can say that I hate

Before that I probably would have said something like "there are no bad songs, they are all good in their own right"

Thanks CC for ruining that.

Man u saved me "aaalot" of words XD

Unnatural Disaster
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of She's Got Issues, Why Don't You Get a Job, Fix You, Worst Hangover Ever and Cruising California. Those are the only ones I'll actually take the time to skip when I'm listening to the Offspring.

Tiny Vessels
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Pay The Man and Da Hui. Worst songs ever.

Thomas
07-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Obviously Cruisin' California is the worst song they've ever penned.

If it wasn't for that song, I'd have about 5 or 6 Offspring songs that I don't like, that I would have to choose between, but I fucking hate Crusin' California, so at least that song makes this question easy.

This summed up my exact feelings. It makes Original Prankster and Want You Bad seem like great songs in comparison. I've literally been pretending that it's not even on Days Go By, and it has made so much happier.

MOTO13
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Orig Prankster, Worst Hangover, Hit That, Pertty Fly, Feelings, When Your In Prison. Pick it, these songs are fuggin horrible and definitely skip worthy. Better than I could ever do, but just plain old bad songs that suck balls.

BagOfShenanigans
07-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Pay The Man and Da Hui. Worst songs ever.

I strongly disagree with the former. Pay the Man is an excellent song in my opinion.

Tiny Vessels
07-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Pay The Man is one of those songs where I've tried and tried to get into it and enjoyed but I just can't. It seems to drag on and on its just boring to me. I just can't do it.

nightvision
07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Pay the Man is an excellent song in my opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree.

MOTO13
07-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Well, that has to be one of the craziest things I have ever heard. I'm stunned. PTM is a very good song and anyone who does not like it should be banned. AND...damn well better be on the next CD.

Tiny Vessels
07-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Well, that has to be one of the craziest things I have ever heard. I'm stunned. PTM is a very good song and anyone who does not like it should be banned. AND...damn well better be on the next CD.

Lol omg really everyone has their opinion on what songs they like and don't like and PTM is not my thing and should be banned for not liking it is just stupid. If I'm gonna get myself banned its definitely not going to be over a song I don't like. Thats just ridiculous. I'm not making fun of you for not liking Pretty Fly. Its a fun song you can sing and dance to come on.

RageAndLov
07-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Ha, I made a thread just like this a few years ago. It got deleted by the mods right away.

And I don't understand all the hate of Da Hui. It's the most punk song they have ever made, and it is the best song they have written since 1992.

Their worst song? She's Got Issue. I would keep bumpin' in my trunk any day than listening to She's Got Issues.

MOTO13
07-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Lol omg really everyone has their opinion on what songs they like and don't like and PTM is not my thing and should be banned for not liking it is just stupid. If I'm gonna get myself banned its definitely not going to be over a song I don't like. Thats just ridiculous. I'm not making fun of you for not liking Pretty Fly. Its a fun song you can sing and dance to come on.

No...pretty sure you sb banned simply for implying that someone actually dance to Pretty Fly...holy shit. Do they dance while puking to this shitstorm of a song or is the vomit part of the whole dance deal? Make fun of me for not liking a horrible song? Fkn A...

Tiny Vessels
07-26-2012, 11:17 AM
No...pretty sure you sb banned simply for implying that someone actually dance to Pretty Fly...holy shit. Do they dance while puking to this shitstorm of a song or is the vomit part of the whole dance deal? Make fun of me for not liking a horrible song? Fkn A...

LMAO you make me giggle. Yes I dance and sing to Pretty Fly I don't care. I especially do it if I know I'm going out it gets me in a good mood. Its not a horrible song, its a FUN song. PTM= horrible. :). Now who is making fun of who.

BagOfShenanigans
07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I think I can sympathize for Tiny. For example: I've never really liked the Beatles. I've tried, I've tired really hard, but I just can't find it within myself to listen to them for more than 2 minutes at a time.

If Tiny doesn't like Pay the Man, I understand.

MOTO13
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Really, the BEATLES? Ok...ban him too...lol.

Tiny Vessels
07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I think I can sympathize for Tiny. For example: I've never really liked the Beatles. I've tried, I've tired really hard, but I just can't find it within myself to listen to them for more than 2 minutes at a time.

Thanks for understanding. At least someone does cough..(Moto13). You like what you like.

smileemptysoul44
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
walla walla, kristy are you doing okay

dorkrockcorkrod
07-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Their least appealing songs (in my opinion), in order from bad to worse:

- Don't Pick It Up
- Fix You
- A Lot Like Me
- Stuff is Messed Up
- OC Guns
- Spare Me The Details
- Cruising California (Bumpin' in my Trunk)

Moose
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
walla walla, kristy are you doing okay

When Americana came out, walla walla was no doubt the worst song they ever recorded...

...but now...there is more competition with the likes of worst hangover ever, cruising california, and kristy is not a good song either...

First 4 albums, not a song I would skip...but Americana and onward, I have to skip at least a few, if not more.

Man...I really hated walla walla.

DividingByZero71
07-26-2012, 11:03 PM
1- Denal, Revised- just not my taste
2- Self Esteem- WAY too overrated
3- I Want A Secret Family (with you)- Extremely Unbearable, just plain weird
4- When Your In Prison- Just a song to 'fill in the blank'
5- Dont Pick It Up- my reaction to hearing that song "W....T....F...."
6- Spare Me The Details- BLAHHHhhhh, dexter sounds like a raped ape in that song

Scythe Death
07-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I think it's undoubtedly Cruisin' California. I mean, they had some pretty bad songs before, but Cruisin' California is the biggest shitstain in their career from which they can never recover from.

Their least appealing songs (in my opinion), in order from bad to worse:

- Don't Pick It Up
- Fix You
- A Lot Like Me
- Stuff is Messed Up
- OC Guns
- All I Have Left is You
- Cruising California (Bumpin' in my Trunk)

I fixed your post to suit my taste. I'm actually very fond of Spare Me the Details because it's very genuine and it synchs very well if you can relate.

Other than that, I have to say that you know what you're talking about. I may also be forgetting a couple of songs because I've erased most of RaFRaG and DGB from my mind.

RageAndLov
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM
What's wrong with Don't Pick It Up? I like Offspring's silly ska songs. I wish they still did them. Well, I guess they made a silly dub song this time, which is just as satisfying when I think about it. Tiki tiki tiki tiki all the way man.

dff_punk
07-27-2012, 07:40 AM
It's threads like these you learn to hate again...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Yeah, I understand too. I have a friend who can't get into Pay The Man also. He likes most Offspring songs, but he finds that one really boring.

I have also tried to listen to the Beatles but I can't do it. They're praised all the time but I just can't seem to like them very much.

smileemptysoul44
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM
When You're In Prison is barely a song.

I'd say Rise and Fall takes the cake.

a thousand days is super legit

D0NT
07-29-2012, 08:53 AM
their worst ever is "KRISTY are you doing ok?" they werent doing ok went they wrote and recorded that. I think is a pathetic song not worthy of this band and I said this with the most sincere respect for the rape victim that inspired it. And to worsen it , it has a "acoustic Green Gay esque" to it.

Nothingtown is awfull as well a total filler in my humble opinion

Pay the man is quite anoying specially when played live and youre aking to hear them play some Ignition, still I didnt smoked so much pot around the americana era, I should listen to it nowdays.

Pretty fly for sure gave them a bad name, and was their first departure to pop, but taking that Dexter loves B52s and Devo since the beggining of times it was going to happen one way or the other.

WDYGAJ in my opinion was stupid and a bad move. also it got worn out due to excessive airplay(same thing happened to TKAA although that was a good song to begin with but I grew to dislike it) it was for sure the first song that got me embarrased to be an Offspring fan (since it was supossedly a punk band) and it go played in trendy discotheques

I think their last albums have some filler songs , but still some of the goofier songs I dig them like Hit That and CC(it is beyond bizarre either you really hate it or have fun with it). None other songs from them deserve criticism from me and I've been a fan since 1994 like most of you guys.

BagOfShenanigans
07-29-2012, 09:05 AM
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/Michael_Warner_Jr/opinions.jpg
This whole thread..

IGotNoSelfEsteem
07-30-2012, 03:26 AM
I listened to Hammerhead when I first got into the Offspring. And, I didn't like it. It sounded familiar.

I kinda enjoyed listening to When You're In Prison -- ONCE. After listening to it, I was like "Wait, did I just listen to a song about prisonrape?"

Way Down The Line - Crazy Taxi got me into the Offspring partially, and Way Down The Line sounded great driving to KFC.

Kristy, Are You Doing Okay - It may be the only slow Offspring song I like

Cruising California - Either if its a joke song or not, it gets kinda catchy at certain times. Still, it shouldn't have been one of the first few tracks on Days Go By

IGotNoSelfEsteem
07-30-2012, 03:28 AM
I listened to Hit That once or twice... and I just didn't get into the rythym of it. I don't know why I didn't like it, i just didn't...

DuReX
07-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Denial, Revisited.

RageAndLov
07-31-2012, 05:59 PM
I listened to Hammerhead when I first got into the Offspring. And, I didn't like it. It sounded familiar.

People are getting into Offspring now? I thought the only ones buying (or even listening to) RAFRAG were already-fans.

nancyoff
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
NONE!!!
they are all great!

dorkrockcorkrod
08-04-2012, 10:08 PM
People are getting into Offspring now? I thought the only ones buying (or even listening to) RAFRAG were already-fans.

I've heard "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" on the radio a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if people got into The Offspring via RAFRAG.

cool 2 hate 681
08-04-2012, 11:33 PM
i knew someone who got into the offspring with splinter

Scythe Death
08-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Yeah. I once met this girl and I told her that The Offspring was one of my favorite bands. She was like "I LOVE THE OfFSPRING". Then I was like OH GOD REALLY? And she was like yeah my favorite song from them is kirsty are you okay.

And I was like "oh.. have you heard any of their older stuff?"

she was like "wat?"

Tiny Vessels
08-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah. I once met this girl and I told her that The Offspring was one of my favorite bands. She was like "I LOVE THE OfFSPRING". Then I was like OH GOD REALLY? And she was like yeah my favorite song from them is kirsty are you okay.

she was like "wat?"

Lol that's funny. But sadly girls do cause if we say "yeah I like that too" then the guy would like us more cause we like that thing that they like. Its girl logic. When I was 14 I told a guy I liked that Metallica was one of my favorite bands cause his favorite band was Metallica. Later on he found out the truth and it really didn't bother him.

BagOfShenanigans
08-05-2012, 07:50 PM

she was like "wat?"

Heh, most people I talk to refer to Pretty Fly. I usually don't say that I 'love' a group or artist until I've memorize all of their albums chronologically.

nieh
08-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Pretty fly for sure gave them a bad name, and was their first departure to pop, but taking that Dexter loves B52s and Devo since the beggining of times it was going to happen one way or the other.

You need to hear this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DNtyKS89k

D0NT
08-06-2012, 04:49 AM
You need to hear this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DNtyKS89k

Im at work now, cant acces youtube, I'll check it out later it seems like sir Brian Keith is singin with Devo there? THANKS ;)

Selena74
10-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Definitely Worst Hangover Ever. It's the only Offspring song I actually skip. I'm not the biggest fan of Nothingtown either. That says a lot about just how great this band is!! :)

prettyflyforablackchick
10-15-2012, 12:04 PM
"Don't Pick It Up" is incredibly stupid, and "Days Go By" is incredibly boring -- I can't chose between the two. Otherwise, good work all around!

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure what I think their worst is. I'd have to think about it for a bit, but my least favorite to listen to is "When You're in Prison," though I think it's brilliant in its own right. So hilarious!

samseby
10-17-2012, 06:00 AM
I, on the other hand am pretty sure :p

_Lost_
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I unreasonably despise She's Got Issues. I just... Can't....

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I unreasonably despise She's Got Issues. I just... Can't....

The only thing I really like about that song is the guitars in the verses and the bassline in the chorus.

SapoCocas
10-18-2012, 05:34 PM
She's Got Issues is one of my favourites from Americana. I don't like the video, though.

My least favourite song by The Offspring I guess would be between Don't Pick It Up and (Can't Get My) Head Around You.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-18-2012, 05:48 PM
She's Got Issues is one of my favourites from Americana. I don't like the video, though.

My least favourite song by The Offspring I guess would be between Don't Pick It Up and (Can't Get My) Head Around You.

Really? You don't like "Don't Pick It Up?" I love it! Then again, I'm a sucker for all their ska-style songs because they have such cool basslines. What about it don't you like?

SapoCocas
10-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't know why I don't like it. I just don't and never did, since the first time I listened to it. Maybe it's because i think it's kind of silly. But I also like their "ska" songs and ska in general. For example, I like What Happened to You.

(Can't Get My) Head Around You, on the other hand, I kind of liked at first but know it just annoys me a bit.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Haha, fair enough. It IS a really silly song.

SapoCocas
10-18-2012, 06:17 PM
When You're in Prison is also very silly, but I find it relaxing. And also, I don't listen to Splinter that often so listening to it once in a while doesn't affect me as much as listening to Don't Pick It Up from Ixnay, which I listen to much more often.
(Can't Get My) Head Around You I got sick of it from listening to The Greatest Hits.

prettyflyforablackchick
10-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Really? You don't like "Don't Pick It Up?" I love it! Then again, I'm a sucker for all their ska-style songs because they have such cool basslines. What about it don't you like?

"Don't Pick It Up" isn't so much bad to listen to. It's just unconscionably stupid and unfunny (and I'm pretty sure funny was what they were going for).

manux
10-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Cruising California,

is just such a bad song, bad video, not funny at all, not ironic and not worth the new album.

offspringer24
10-21-2012, 03:04 AM
most of the 2nd half of rafrag was shit.

for people slagging cruisin california and dont pick it up just don't get the offspring.

i didn't like worst hangover ever, and I just dont think ballads suit them either.

days go by is a return to form following two very mediocre albums, just a shame its such a huge wet flop :(

javi
10-21-2012, 04:37 AM
The worst Hangover Ever is also the worst song ever!

SapoCocas
10-21-2012, 03:39 PM
most of the 2nd half of rafrag was shit.

for people slagging cruisin california and dont pick it up just don't get the offspring.

i didn't like worst hangover ever, and I just dont think ballads suit them either.

days go by is a return to form following two very mediocre albums, just a shame its such a huge wet flop :(

For people slagging Worst Hangover Ever just don't get The Offspring.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
For people slagging Worst Hangover Ever just don't get The Offspring.

I love "Worst Hangover Ever!" My dad said the story it tells is so true, I love the use of the extra instruments, and the bassline is about as fun to play on bass as "Why Don't You Get A Job?" It's a great song.

sneedo83
10-21-2012, 09:46 PM
My choices

OC Guns
Worst Hangover Ever
Why Don't You Get A Job (based solely on it being ran into the ground live)

prettyflyforablackchick
10-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Oh really? Please do elaborate. :)

Alison
10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Cruisin' California.
Worst Hangover Ever

To be honest...I've only yet listened to 2 songs off the new album :( I just really wasn't pushed by what I heard. I guess I'll listen to the rest soon. I am a terrible fan, but I wasn't tooo mad about the last album either, so I guess I'm just scared to be disappointed.

Dulce
10-26-2012, 09:55 PM
When You're In Prison - Just absolutely hate it, but The Blurb it'd be great to hear it live sometime between 2012/2013.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
A lot of people seem to be listing the songs that have the coolest basslines as the worst songs, though I'm sure that's not why they are listing them. I guess many people just aren't very fond of their ska-style songs.

Don't Pick it Up
Why Don't You Get a Job?
Worst Hangover Ever
Spare Me the Details
OC Guns

Tr R
11-04-2012, 06:54 AM
I like all of their songs except When You're In Prison, that song is terrible.

bornlie
11-04-2012, 07:53 AM
I like all of their songs except When You're In Prison, that song is terrible.

my pick is Oc GUNS!

jacknife737
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
OC Guns has grown on me quite a bit... it was a lot of fun live.

cool 2 hate 681
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
my pick is Oc GUNS!

I agree the second worst offspring song after Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk)

samseby
11-05-2012, 07:02 AM
I agree the second worst offspring song after Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk)

I second that ;)

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-05-2012, 01:41 PM
my pick is Oc GUNS!

But you like the bassline! That's the only reason you listen to OC Guns.

MOTO13
11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Off the new album it has to be Secret Family. This is the weakest song by far off this album. Just do not like it.

RageAndLov
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I love OC Gun. Easily the best song on the album.

jacknife737
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah the bassline from OC Guns is just infectious.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah the bassline from OC Guns is just infectious.

Yeah, this is what I've been trying to hammer into peoples' brains. The bassline in OC Guns and all their ska songs have wicked-cool basslines in them.

bornlie
11-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, this is what I've been trying to hammer into peoples' brains. The bassline in OC Guns and all their ska songs have wicked-cool basslines in them.

yeah but the other parts of the song are subpar :).

TheOldMark
11-08-2012, 07:22 AM
the worst song is "The Blurb".

That ones old school, ever heard it? The one song I skip when it plays on my phone.