View Full Version : Help Al make a message board

Al Coholic
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,

Need to create a message board, somewhat like this one. Simple is fine, as long as it flows nicely (I thought the old one flowed very nicely all be it simple). Just need a place to discuss things, preferable in a place other people who aren't members can't see. And Free! Essentially I'm looking for something better organized than extremely long, unorganized chain emails.

I see that my previous thread of this was deleted? Listen I'm just asking a community I've been involved in, a message board community that I've been an appreciative member of(and hopefully considered a valued contributor to), for a little help with message boards. I know some of these people have created their own boards in the past and would really value their input. Not the first time a community member has reached out for help to my knowledge? Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, and I would greatly appreciate if the community were allowed to give me their input.

Thanks guys.

07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Your thread was probably deleted in the process of updating the forum. Quite a few threads and posts got deleted.

As for the forum thing, I wouldn't know what to tell you, sorry.

07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Vanilla Forums (http://vanillaforums.org/) are pretty sweet. You can password protect them, too.

Also, I see no thread from you on this subject that was deleted, so I'm guessing it was one of the ones lost in the board migration like Pilz postulated (pilztulated?).

07-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Al, do you have your own website to host it on? Otherwise you'd have to go for something like www.proboards.com or what 1565 suggested.