PDA

View Full Version : Help Al make a message board

Al Coholic
07-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey guys,

Need to create a message board, somewhat like this one. Simple is fine, as long as it flows nicely (I thought the old one flowed very nicely all be it simple). Just need a place to discuss things, preferable in a place other people who aren't members can't see. And Free! Essentially I'm looking for something better organized than extremely long, unorganized chain emails.

I see that my previous thread of this was deleted? Listen I'm just asking a community I've been involved in, a message board community that I've been an appreciative member of(and hopefully considered a valued contributor to), for a little help with message boards. I know some of these people have created their own boards in the past and would really value their input. Not the first time a community member has reached out for help to my knowledge? Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, and I would greatly appreciate if the community were allowed to give me their input.

Thanks guys.

WebDudette
07-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Your thread was probably deleted in the process of updating the forum. Quite a few threads and posts got deleted.

As for the forum thing, I wouldn't know what to tell you, sorry.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Vanilla Forums (http://vanillaforums.org/) are pretty sweet. You can password protect them, too.

Also, I see no thread from you on this subject that was deleted, so I'm guessing it was one of the ones lost in the board migration like Pilz postulated (pilztulated?).

Tijs
07-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Al, do you have your own website to host it on? Otherwise you'd have to go for something like www.proboards.com or what 1565 suggested.