PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored, what to listen?

chris9012
07-14-2012, 01:30 PM
It's saturdaynight. I'm bored. Ignition is in the stereo, but ends in about 15 minutes. Time is running out....

What should I put in next?

(RAFRAG is in the car, can't listen to it)
(I don't have S/Tyet)

Godxilla
07-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey, Chris9012. If you still want advice, I would suggest Smash or Ixnay, my favorites.. Or if you mean non Offspring stuff, perhaps some new Pennywise or Linkin Park. If you don't have that, maybe you should give my own music a try. :)

Mechagodzilla2
07-14-2012, 02:29 PM
How about Days Go By. Or you could just listen to Ignition again.

chris9012
07-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I went for CO1.

If had had choosen non-offspring, it probably would have been Ramones. Recently re-discovered them, and man, they still rock!

Ignition again may even have been better. I wasn't really into it. But in the period towards the club-shows I really started to love it.

Days Go By has been on my stereo to much the last weeks. Favorite: Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bom To Hell. (everyone should type the whole title)

TheJakes84
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
DAYS GO BY
RISE AND FALL, RAGE AND GRACE
IXNAY ON THE HOMBRE
CONSPIRACY OF ONE
SMASH
IGNITION
AMERICANA
SPLINTER
SELF-TITLED

The Offspring.

Godxilla
07-14-2012, 07:33 PM
I went for CO1.

If had had choosen non-offspring, it probably would have been Ramones. Recently re-discovered them, and man, they still rock!

Ignition again may even have been better. I wasn't really into it. But in the period towards the club-shows I really started to love it.

Days Go By has been on my stereo to much the last weeks. Favorite: Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bom To Hell. (everyone should type the whole title)

Good choices. I have CO1 in CD format, and IT ROCKS! Hard!
Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to hell is one of my favorites too. But Turning Into You is better.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-14-2012, 09:41 PM

Have you had a chance to listen to Ya Know? I'm thinking about giving it a listen but I'm waiting for someone else's opinion.

T-6005
07-14-2012, 11:38 PM
General Chat thread, right?

You know what, I think for once I'll go ahead and give this kind of thread what I actually think. I won't give you anything I consider to be truly difficult to listen to - literally any professional rendition of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata will send me over the edge, foolish uncouth fucker that I am, but I think we'll stick generally in the realm of rock or pop for this, and generally to things that I think might push the average listener slightly out of their comfort zone without actually doing a damn thing.

I'd listen to Delta Spirit's History From Below, particularly if I have company over.

Other albums I'm generally willing to 'just stick on at night' when I'm bored, and which I think might actually not insult people should anyone come over to visit-

Disclaimer - there are many that I have left out, but I've tried to factor in both accessibility and variety, a difficult task in the best of times. Also, aside from some stated Best Of albums, I've tried to stick to real albums that are fun to listen to, generally avoid the label of being super-unknown, but are still quite interesting and rewarding for anyone who isn't too pretentious to listen (or, you know, just doesn't like it). These run the gamut from early doo-wop to the more common modern pop-rock.

Beck - Modern Guilt
Franz Ferdinand - Tonight...
The Black Keys - El Camino
The Hot Rats - Turn Ons (Cover Album)
The Black Angels - Passover
Cake - Showroom Of Compassion
Tiger Army - Music From Regions Beyond
Supergrass - Road To Rouen
Yo La Tengo - I am Not Afraid of You and I will Beat Your Ass
Jack White - Blunderbuss
Calogero - .Calog3ro
Yann Tiersen - Dust Lane
Manu Chao - La Radiolina
The Ink Spots - Best Of
Rodrigo y Gabriela - Rodrigo y Gabriela
Blur - 13
Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain
James Vincent McMorrow - Early In The Morning
-M- - Qui De Nous Deux
Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Sings Newman
The Stray Cats - Best Of
Daniele Luppi and Danger Mouse - Rome
Spoon - Gimme Fiction
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue
Mini Mansions - Mini Mansions
Les Rita Mitsouko - Marc Et Robert
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
Golden Earring - Moontan
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Puggy - Something You Might Life
Robert Randolph and The Family Band - Live at the Wetlands
Yeasayer - Odd Blood

chris9012
07-15-2012, 01:49 AM
This will get me through the next vew saturdays. Thanks.

About "Ya Know": I listened to it just now, not ready to form a opinion yet.
But in general I don't like the concept of posthumous albums. It's a bunch of songs the artist wasn't satisfied about.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-15-2012, 01:44 PM
That is true. Well I'll probably listen to a few songs and if I really like them I might listen to the full thing tomorrow. Thanks.

Offspring.of.Offspring
07-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi,

I haven't been active on this board for about 2 years or something.

I just came by, to tell you you should listen to Electric Wizard.
also i'm drunk
kthxbai