PDA

View Full Version : Intros/hidden songs...

Slim.Pickens
07-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Where are they? I really miss this stuff on Rise and Fall Rage and Grace and Days go By...
It was always fun to hear these "songs"...

OC HAU
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I see Splinter as a transitional album for them, the last two albums it's like for another generation of fans or the next era. It looks like they abandoned it and it's the thing of the 90's. It added some epicness at the end. I also miss some longer epic songs. The Future Is Now and A Lot Like Me are epic though. I guess it's time to extract Genocide/Smash/Change The World/Pay The Man again. :d

Godxilla
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I say that the Offspring need another 10-minute song consisting of 3 minutes of music, 6 minutes of silence, and one minute featuring Genocide/Smash/Change the World's tune. Who's with me?

sneedo83
07-19-2012, 01:55 PM
I think digital music killed this trend, alot of bands did it, but now who wants a 10-20 meg file when only 3 minutes of it has content?

Slim.Pickens
07-19-2012, 03:32 PM
I think digital music killed this trend, alot of bands did it, but now who wants a 10-20 meg file when only 3 minutes of it has content?

Fuck this digital music. We want something oldschool,like vinyls or CD's with funny bonus track's...

RageAndLov
07-19-2012, 06:23 PM

I think it was the government who did it just to have an excuse to invade Iraq.

BagOfShenanigans
07-19-2012, 07:16 PM
There are other ways of hiding hidden tracks.
For example: A rapper called 'Immortal Technique' hid a track in one of his albums by hiding it before the first track. Hence, the only way to hear it would be to rewind the first track on the album to before 0:00.

Lengthy pauses are unnecessary.

sneedo83
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
It's also an idea for a cool "fan extra" to re-insert these hidden tracks only into the hard copies of the stuff rather it's vinyl, CD or whatever, and then give digital download services the truncated version.

Greekoldfan
07-19-2012, 10:26 PM
there are 3 live hidden tracks on japan days go by..

holland25
07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
There are other ways of hiding hidden tracks.
For example: A rapper called 'Immortal Technique' hid a track in one of his albums by hiding it before the first track. Hence, the only way to hear it would be to rewind the first track on the album to before 0:00.

Lengthy pauses are unnecessary.

Rammstein also did it. On Reise, Reise.

Slim.Pickens
07-19-2012, 11:42 PM
It's also an idea for a cool "fan extra" to re-insert these hidden tracks only into the hard copies of the stuff rather it's vinyl, CD or whatever, and then give digital download services the truncated version.

This is it ;) You are right man...

findout5
07-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Rammstein also did it. On Reise, Reise.

Skunk Anansie did it too.

ThunderPX
07-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Skunk Anansie did it too.

The odd thing is that Skunk Anansie album also had a secret track at the end. It always scared the crap out of me if I left the album playing when I went to bed :(

EDIT: Actually, I'm not opposed to the idea of just having the hidden track on physical versions. I mean, most actual fans of a band or artist are probably gonna buy a physical version if it's available, right? (Watch as someone proves me wrong here.) So the people who only get the digital version probably wouldn't care for the bonus anyway--especially since it's often something pretty silly.

malepunker
07-20-2012, 01:30 PM
They keep trying to adapt to times and stuff. But in the end what they do great and not only just good are the stuff they used to do back in the old times.

These intro/hidden stuff gave the band more character. And although they don't fit very well in the nowadays era, Offspring is an old band so it'd be okay I guess.