PDA

View Full Version : She's Got Issues

bighead384
07-19-2012, 11:51 AM
She's Got Issues almost has 4,000,000 views on Youtube. It currently has 3,909,892.

Why wasn't it on Greatest Hits? It also cracked the Top 20 on the Billboard Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock charts when it was released.

She's Got Issues Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenF3_77774

Blitz!
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
The viewing figure is probably twofold ... Offspring fans & Zooey Deschanel fans

FeliciaNitro
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
I think most Offspring fans don't like that song for whatever reason but I like it a lot actually...I would say it's on my top 10. It is odd that it's not included in the greatest hits and they never seem to play it live.

mrconeman
07-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Considering youtube went online several years after Americana was released, and She's Got Issues was pretty damn popular on the music channels back then, it's way more popular than Youtube can tell you.

I dunno why it's not on there though, it's exactly the kind of song that should be on a greatest hits. Maybe they just don't like it anymore.

KyleW
07-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Like a few others in here I think it deserved a place in the Greatest Hits. I've heard some bashing of it but its a great tune if you ask me, perhaps the Americana presence was already too strong on GH.

Also, I'd throw I Choose in there but thats just a personal preference thing.

Tijs
07-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Didn't Dexter once say in an interview or on a DVD that he doesn't really like She's Got Issues?

If he did, the dude's wrong. One of my favorite songs.

Jojan
07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
... he doesn't really like She's Got Issues?

... dude's wrong. One of my favorite songs.

I do not understand your reasoning.

cool 2 hate 681
07-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Didn't Dexter once say in an interview or on a DVD that he doesn't really like She's Got Issues?

If he did, the dude's wrong. One of my favorite songs.

i think he said he didn't like the way the music video turned out

he also said that about the want you bad video but i disagree i love the want you bad music video :)

KTILLA23
07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah i don't think most fans like it, i personally like it, i don't get why they have never played it live. But like somebody else said i think Dexter has said he doesn't like it to much. And yes Dexter has said he don't like the Want you Bad video but i don't think he has ever commented on the She's Got Issues video. Here's what wiki says about Dexter not liking the Want you Bad video.

"Dexter Holland, the band's lead vocalist, said he hated this video, saying that it was too "cheesy", although it is one of his favorite songs."

Tiny Vessels
07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I also like She's Got Issues, it is one of my favorite songs on Americana.

The best Offspring cds to me:

1)Smash
2)Ignition
3)Americana
4)Rise And Fall, Rage and Grace
5)Days Go By
6) Conspiracy Of One
7)Ixnay On The Hombre
8)Splinter
9) S/T

I know some of you will totally disagree with me but thats just how I feel

ChildC2017
07-19-2012, 02:11 PM
On the Music Videos DVD he definitely said he didn't like the video, which is also the same place he said that about the Want You Bad video. I don't remember him commenting on the song though, especially not negatively. Personally I love the song.

Chainsaw
07-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Have they even played it live? Don't think I've seen any footage of it.

SapoCocas
07-19-2012, 02:13 PM
I agree with Dexter if he said he didn't like how the video turned out. It's just too weird with those monsters.

But I love that song, one of the best from Americana.

Tiny Vessels
07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Have they even played it live? Don't think I've seen any footage of it.

I've seen The Offspring live 3or 4 time and they have never played it.

Tijs
07-19-2012, 02:41 PM
They played it once for sure, I think during the euro tour to promote Americana, or one of the secret shows that time.

OC HAU
07-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Great, sweet and catchy song with some monster issues. :d The video is great and interesting.

Reminds me a bit of DGB--because of Dexter melting hearts and Secret Family--because of guitars.

cool 2 hate 681
07-19-2012, 02:50 PM
they played it when i saw them in 2000

at the time i thought they played it at all their shows since it was a single from americana

RageAndLov
07-19-2012, 06:27 PM
The reason She's Got Issue wasn't on Greatest Hits, is because it is planned to be on the upcoming Worst Hits.
She's Got Issue is the absolutely worst song The Offspring has ever written. You will never hear me bumpin' this in my trunk. California Cruisin', Original Prankster, Pretty Fly are so much greater than She's Got Issue.

WhenYouWerePunk.
07-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Whether you like the video or not, you have to admit that it's the easiest way to get your friends to listen to some Offspring... "Hey speaking of Zooey Deschanel..."

Llamas
07-21-2012, 03:37 PM
I think it's because She's Got Issues was the least popular of the four Americana singles, and they didn't put four singles from ANY album on it. So they dropped the weakest one.

I thought Dexter said he didn't like the video for it... not the song. But I could be remembering wrong.

Personally, I hate the video for that song, Zooey or not. The song itself is okay, but it's one of the weaker tracks from Americana. I don't have Greatest Hits, but if I did, I'd be glad that song isn't on there.

Llamas
07-21-2012, 03:47 PM
The viewing figure is probably twofold ... Offspring fans & Zooey Deschanel fans

Absolutely. This has to be a huge part of it. The video was only posted to Offspring's page 3 years ago, well into Zooey's popularity... and the top comment is about Zooey.

PS: Pretty Fly doesn't have Zooey to attract attention, and it has over 20 million views. I think She's Got Issues just didn't do well enough compare to other American hits.