PDA

View Full Version : Weird Quirk: My eye contact problem

bighead384
07-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I've had this weird thing for years with certain people where, for some reason, I will consciously think about whether or not I'm making eye contact while speaking to them. Because I'm consciously thinking about the eye contact I'm making, I inevitably act unnatural about it, and the person picks up on it. From there on out, we always make eye contact that is extremely uncomfortable. It becomes so blatantly obvious that the person no longer wants to make eye contact with me after the awkwardness has been established. I can't explain it, I just know beyond reasonable doubt that they've picked up on it because they will begin to shy away from eye contact with me as much as possible. And I don't know how to not think about it, because it's just too hard to avoid. I don't know what to fucking do to be honest.

Al Coholic
07-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Wear sunglasses.

:cool:

ruroken
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Stop tripping.

Seriously it doesn't matter.

Godxilla
07-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Just act natural. And I know that that is shitty advice, but seriously, I can't really think of anything else to say.

Maybe when you get distracted, just talk about something more interesting.

T-6005
07-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Mirror the other person's habits. If they generally glance at you then away, then do the same. If they are starers, then don't make eye contact with those fucking freaks who the hell stares like that you psychos

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-19-2012, 08:33 PM
I have a very similar problem. The only times I am able to speak while fully looking into their eyes is if they have really nice eyes that captivate my attention. Some people have cool eyes.