PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vocals on song!

TheJakes84
07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I loooove the way Dexter sounds on Gone Away (because it is so heart-felt and real with emotions) and Pay The Man (because it is the sex).

malepunker
07-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I loooove the way Dexter sounds on Gone Away (because it is so heart-felt and real with emotions) and Pay The Man (because it is the sex).

"Pay the man is the sex"??

For me his vocals sounds cooler in amerciana, the album. I don't know what they did there, if it was production related or only time related but he never sounded so cool again. Ixnay's vocals are pretty close to it though. It's probably 'cause it's around the same time and has the same productor: Dave Jerden.
Any chance they ever work with this guy again?

BagOfShenanigans
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
"Pay the man is the sex"??
http://www.tikitumble.com/wp-content/plugins/imageExtractor/thumb/200x200-i-am-russia-very-cute-and-sex-348x500.png

I'd say my favorite vocals would have to be from Get it Right '91 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_44V9ACZH5o). (And yes, there is a huge difference between this one and the album version.)

But if it has to be album song, I'd have to say either D/0 or Kick him when he's down.

GamerKT
07-20-2012, 06:14 PM
The end of Million Miles Away is my favorite vocal part of any Offspring song if that counts.

Godxilla
07-20-2012, 08:34 PM
The end of Million Miles Away is my favorite vocal part of any Offspring song if that counts.

Love that too! But I would say the ending of Denial Revisited, because of the beautiful aspect to it. And how it naturally flows into Vultures.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
07-20-2012, 08:37 PM
The Blurb :)

malepunker
07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Opinions diverge too much about this. I'm disappointed, I thought most people would agree with me and think that americana's vocal was the best LOL

But really it's not only getting older right? The production must have a big influence on how his vocal sounds.

I always though Conspiracy of one and splinter had vocals "too forced"(I don't know how to put that in english). Anyway, it differs too much from the previous stuff. And both albums had the same production. They seem to keep the same productor for two albums most part of the time.