PDA

View Full Version : different versions of OC Guns

TheOldMark
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I noticed there are TWO versions of OC Guns.

I have 3 versions of the album. An early release mp3, a CD, and whats on Spotify.

The Spotify version has extra "DJ scratches" on the "What up holmes"

I realize spotify labels this the "clean version" except that part of the song isn't censoring anything.
And the early release I have is also a "clean version" and it doesn't have this feature in the song.

I don't like the modified version, if you're wondering. And I do not have the iTunes version.

All the more reason to buy the CD kids! And btw, the band gets a few fractions of a cent everytime you play their music on Spotify.

Supa
07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Interesting, can someone upload them?

OC HAU
07-26-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm not interested in more DJ scratches. Someone called it overproduced so we don't need more of it.

Anyone having Days Go By alternate as 320 kbps mp3?

DUKENT
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Anyone having Days Go By alternate as 320 kbps mp3?

Yep. I have Days Go By alternate as 320 kbps mp3.

KTILLA23
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Where do you get the " early release mp3" version? Would like to hear it.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Before anyone goes sharing those early release MP3s, I'd like to caution that those were all watermarked and can be traced back to the person to whom they were issued.

RageAndLov
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Before anyone goes sharing those early release MP3s, I'd like to caution that those were all watermarked and can be traced back to the person to whom they were issued.

But the album is released now. There is no danger of leaking anymore.

KTILLA23
07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Right but it's still and always will be illegal to download it for free.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM

If it's an early version, it's not widely available for a reason. And if it gets out, it can be traced back to the person who leaked it, and you can bet there will be consequences for that person.

Dragnet
07-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Music industry is gonna hunt you down!

OC HAU
07-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Yep. I have Days Go By alternate as 320 kbps mp3.
Lal, are you gonna share it? :D Openly, privately? What about some 128 kbps youtube rips? Or you just can't share it?

findout5
07-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Would the band sue a fan who owns the record for downloading an alternate version of a song of that same record?
Doesn't seem to make much sense!

holland25
07-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Yes, exactly. But well, who knows, Sony are always money-hungry (as all the corporate pieces of crap), so they might... I thought sharing something that's not commercially available was allowed. I was obviously wrong. Or just in case of Sony.

Rooster
07-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Well, it's not like the rip of radio performance of Days Go By (alternative version) haven't already been posted anywhere on the internet. But of course, it's not the whole song.

I don't think it's really worth the effort of trying to get the whole song by any means neccessary, in my opinion the album version is superior to this one. Vocal line in the alternative version sounds unnatural to me.

RageAndLov
07-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Would the band sue a fan who owns the record for downloading an alternate version of a song of that same record?

More likely Sony than the band itself who I think aren't that bothered about the thing. I don't know what they feel about demoes which weren't supposed to be released though.

Little_Miss_1565
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM

I didn't say they would sue a fan who downloaded. What would be more likely to happen is that the person who was issued the watermarked copy would face consequences - I don't know that they would lose their job, but I would think they wouldn't be trusted with advance material in the future.

More likely Sony than the band itself who I think aren't that bothered about the thing. I don't know what they feel about demoes which weren't supposed to be released though.

Pretty sure the band isn't stoked on unfinished material being released without their approval.

holland25
07-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Pretty sure the band isn't stoked on unfinished material being released without their approval.

Well, yeah. But it's being played on the radio...

Supa
07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Where did these versions come from?

My Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) single is different in quality from the album version.

the hitcher
07-27-2012, 08:53 PM
but then why were different vesions of certen songs being played in europe and england (not so much in england anymore) and dex and noodlels were in a interveiw were the raidio played a altern version song.
why put them out if it is the company that they would sue people, the company has the power to
control that. if they put it out surely we can listen to it.

if im talking bolliox disregaurd.

Little_Miss_1565
07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Well, yeah. But it's being played on the radio...

but then why were different vesions of certen songs being played in europe and england (not so much in england anymore) and dex and noodlels were in a interveiw were the raidio played a altern version song.
why put them out if it is the company that they would sue people, the company has the power to
control that. if they put it out surely we can listen to it.

if im talking bolliox disregaurd.

I asked someone about it after seeing posts here talking about different versions on the radio, and it sounds like someone screwed up and sent the wrong version to radio. But my understanding was that after the mistake was discovered, people stopped playing them on the radio. At a certain point I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to un-ring that bell, so maybe they were all just like "fuck it." I dunno. I try not to think too much about the day to day functions of the band, since there are people who are supposed to do that and are quite good at it.

And again, I said nothing about the record company suing anyone. The consequences I mentioned were for people who received (and, ostensibly, leaked) any other early versions of songs. Meaning, when I worked at a record label, if any of my watermarked promos were to have leaked online, I would certainly have lost my job, or if I got to keep my job, I wouldn't have been trusted with any other promos in the future.

the hitcher
07-28-2012, 12:23 PM
I asked someone about it after seeing posts here talking about different versions on the radio, and it sounds like someone screwed up and sent the wrong version to radio. But my understanding was that after the mistake was discovered, people stopped playing them on the radio. At a certain point I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to un-ring that bell, so maybe they were all just like "fuck it." I dunno. I try not to think too much about the day to day functions of the band, since there are people who are supposed to do that and are quite good at it.

And again, I said nothing about the record company suing anyone. The consequences I mentioned were for people who received (and, ostensibly, leaked) any other early versions of songs. Meaning, when I worked at a record label, if any of my watermarked promos were to have leaked online, I would certainly have lost my job, or if I got to keep my job, I wouldn't have been trusted with any other promos in the future.

thanks for clearing that up little miss 1565, i see what you meen now. cheers.

Jojan
07-28-2012, 04:08 PM
There ought to be ways to remove the watermarks before leakage.

TheOldMark
07-29-2012, 05:57 AM
I didn't say they would sue a fan who downloaded. What would be more likely to happen is that the person who was issued the watermarked copy would face consequences - I don't know that they would lose their job, but I would think they wouldn't be trusted with advance material in the future.

mmkay, negative nancy, im confident the source is very secure in his job.

anyway, nobodys mentioned if they noticed the same thing? anybody listen to the spotify version and a cd or itunes version?

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
mmkay, negative nancy, im confident the source is very secure in his job.

Other than that no one is secure in their job in the music industry, that's great.

Oxygene
07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Wow, different versions and leaked advance mp3s.. I wish I was in on these conspiracies...

DUKENT
07-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Lal, are you gonna share it? :D Openly, privately? What about some 128 kbps youtube rips? Or you just can't share it?

Ofcourse I am not gonna share it! Buy a fucking cd!

DuReX
07-30-2012, 03:23 AM
This "another" version of OC Guns you can find on "clean version" of new album. Have anyone bought it on cd?

I own explicit version, so I already have the legal copy, and so are most of you. There is no reason to talk about some kind of piracy.

OC HAU
08-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Ofcourse I am not gonna share it! Buy a fucking cd!
Whatta hell, you can't buy DGB song, alternate version.

Tiny Vessels
08-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure you can download different versions of OC Guns. You just gotta find them.

OC HAU
08-04-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm not really interested in OC Guns, but I guess I'd like to hear it once. Is it already youtubed?

TheOldMark
08-05-2012, 04:41 AM
i will put up the other versions, but has anyone listened to the version on Spotify?????????

Lord_Gabo
08-05-2012, 05:13 AM
spotify isn't available in my country..
I Use Zune but there's only the explicit version

KTILLA23
08-05-2012, 10:34 AM
i will put up the other versions, but has anyone listened to the version on Spotify?????????

Yes i have, don't like it too much the scratching to block the swearing is kinda annoying.