PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with CC?

Godxilla
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
So.... what's wrong with it? It's no secret that these users despise this song. But to me, it's hereby the summer's official anthem. So, as they say,
"Know thine enemy" ~ Sun Tzu

Therefore, in order to understand the haters of CC, I humbly ask, what's wrong with it? If you select other, tell us what in particular you mean.

GamerKT
07-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Aside from the initial trauma, I think it's hilarious. I still don't want people knowing that I listen to it, though. It's the definition of a guilty pleasure song for me.

RedFox
07-26-2012, 07:25 PM
all people can say anything.. but i love "CC"...

I love all the songs of the album

some song more than another, but i dont say "I hate some song"

BagOfShenanigans
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I like it. If it wasn't an Offspring song I'd probably like it less, though.

Tiny Vessels
07-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Nothing. I don't think there is anything wrong with CC. Just because its not a "serious" song and more of a fun, joking, whatever song people hate it.

Defender
07-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I was shocked when I first listened to it but after I recovered from the shock, I liked it and I like it more now. It's a different song but I can't imagine an Offspring-album without that type of songs(Original Prankster,Pretty Fly,Worst Hangover Ever,Don't pick it up,Way Down The Line,Why Don't You Get A Job,I Wanna Secret Family etc.).As Dexter said the Offspring have two sides. On the other hand, it bothers me more that there are slow songs like "Fix You" & "All I have left is you".

Outerspaceman21
07-27-2012, 12:33 AM
A lot of people like to compare this song to Pretty Fly, but other than the general idea, I really don't see much of a similarity. First, Pretty Fly was a self aware song. It had a purpose, the poke fun of all the white gangster wannabes of the time, and there were a lot, especially at the height of Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock's popularity. As a novelty song, the song had a distinct purpose. Sure, it's arguable that Cruisin' California has a purpose; to make fun of all the mediocre pop songs out there, but that is where my second point comes in. CC makes fun of mediocre pop songs by being a mediocre pop song. That just seems really out of place for the Offspring. Sure, Pretty Fly was a pop song, but maintain that in your face punk feel. CC, however, is not that way. If Katy Perry did something like this, it would be fine, but I expect more from The Offspring. Also, the song, aside from the chorus which I will admit is catchy, is terribly written. It does this on purpose, but I don't even listen to good pop music, let alone terrible pop music, so why would I listen to a song designed to be bad. As a statement, it could work if it wasn't so damn subtle. I didn't get the joke, it wasn't until someone on here pointed it out on here that I got it. I got the joke, but in the aftermath, I'm not gonna listen to a poorly written song after I already got the joke.

danitanev
07-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Fuck it, it's a great funny song!

Scythe Death
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
1. It's horribly written, both musically and lyrically.

1.1. It lacks any sort of satire.

1.1.1. It lacks any sort of humor.

"he said cabooze the achoo lol so funneh xD durr hurr derp"

Rooster
07-27-2012, 04:34 AM
This song is just the most succesfull attempt at trolling ever. I'd love to see it become the next "Rick Roll" :D

It doesn't bother me. Sure, it could probably be replaced with a better song on the album, but hell, if it's there it's there. And it's catchier than gonorrhea.

Godxilla
07-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I was shocked when I first listened to it but after I recovered from the shock, I liked it and I like it more now. It's a different song but I can't imagine an Offspring-album without that type of songs(Original Prankster,Pretty Fly,Worst Hangover Ever,Don't pick it up,Way Down The Line,Why Don't You Get A Job,I Wanna Secret Family etc.).As Dexter said the Offspring have two sides. On the other hand, it bothers me more that there are slow songs like "Fix You" & "All I have left is you".
Couldn't agree any more. Well said.

1. It's horribly written, both musically and lyrically.

1.1. It lacks any sort of satire.

1.1.1. It lacks any sort of humor.

"he said cabooze the achoo lol so funneh xD durr hurr derp"
It's not the caboose itself that's so funneh. It's the fact that it's "the girl that you want, with the G string just like floss, well she's wavin' her caboose at you!"

If you don't get it still, try this: sing it out loud to a trusted friend or sibling. Then, break down in uncontrollable laughter. I've done it. I cannot finish the song ever, and I sing some bizarre stuff.