PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Rolling Stone Brasil/Smash tour confirmed for 2014

Gustavo
08-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Dexter Holland gave an interview to Rolling Stone Brasil.

http://rollingstone.com.br/noticia/offspring-planeja-turne-do-album-ismashi-para-2014-confirmou-o-vocalista/

The only quotes in that post could be translated as:

- "This year we did some shows playing the album Ignition (1992) to celebrate its 20th anniversary, so it would only be natural for us to do the same thing with Smash, right? I love that album and people across the world do, too, so it will be fun when the moment comes. Why not do it?"

- "We were talking to some people over there (Brasil), trying to get back there to play in a festival this november, but it will not happen. I don't know exactly what happened, but yeah, we're not gonna come back in November"

Basically, the Smash tour is confirmed, and the South American tour for November is probably canceled.

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
cool thanks for posting gustavo :)

im sorry to hear they will not play in brazil this year

Zee
08-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Smash shows, OH YEAH! But I guess in 2014... something to really look forward to.

KTILLA23
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Sweet Smash tour is going to be awesome! Hope they play a lot of shows not like what they did with the Ignition shows where they only play a few shows and cancelled a lot of them in the US (thinking about the Milwaukee and Ohio show).

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
they should do it in big arena's im sure casual fans who are not into the band anymore would go

i think doing a smash tour in a small club would be a mistake

RedFox
08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
incredible is waiting to Argentina!! =(

jacknife737
08-09-2012, 04:27 PM
On a semi-related note, anyone know the last time they played Nitro?

KTILLA23
08-09-2012, 04:29 PM

Columbus OH (July 18, 2012)

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM

they played it 5 times this year the last 3 ignition shows and 2 shows in ohio july 17th and 18th last time before that i think they played it was 1999

they should keep nitro on the setlist and play more ignition shows but i know they won't :(

i hope the smash tour is more then 6 shows

TheJakes84
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
SMASH punker is gonna love this idea. :D :cool: ;) He's down to go!

chriiis
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
What's cancelled? South American tour or Brazilian shows?
What about Chile, Paraguay, Argentina and Peru?

I rememeber the Noodle's tweet: "we need a south american FIX"

Pedrosky
08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
What's cancelled? South American tour or Brazilian shows?
What about Chile, Paraguay, Argentina and Peru?

I rememeber the Noodle's tweet: "we need a south american FIX"

What about colombia or venezuela ? we haven't see them since 2004,they need to come back! Okay Brazil's shows are cancelled but there's more countries over here, argentina,chile,colombia,venezuela,peru ....

Puschka
08-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Today was the first announcement about the line up for Maquinaria Festival (Chile) and The Offspring wasn't there. The second announcement will be given the 22th August. We have no hope... :(

DMelges
08-10-2012, 11:58 AM
No shows in Brasil this year? Well I'm officially depressed....

WeAreOne9
08-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Where are/were the Ignition shows??? Are there any left?

And a Smash tour would be unbelieveableee !!

Ixnay tour 2017 - yes? :)

D0NT
08-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Dexter Holland gave an interview to Rolling Stone Brasil.

http://rollingstone.com.br/noticia/offspring-planeja-turne-do-album-ismashi-para-2014-confirmou-o-vocalista/

The only quotes in that post could be translated as:

- "This year we did some shows playing the album Ignition (1992) to celebrate its 20th anniversary, so it would only be natural for us to do the same thing with Smash, right? I love that album and people across the world do, too, so it will be fun when the moment comes. Why not do it?"

- "We were talking to some people over there (Brasil), trying to get back there to play in a festival this november, but it will not happen. I don't know exactly what happened, but yeah, we're not gonna come back in November"

Basically, the Smash tour is confirmed, and the South American tour for November is probably canceled.

iGustavo my dear friend , Argentina Maquinaria Festival has the confirmed as almost closing act on the second day, when Portorican stupid massive fusion band called CALLE13 will head the act.

Maybe ONLY Brasil is cancelled?

D0NT
08-11-2012, 09:04 AM

they were in may and june , in Huntington Beach and Europe.

At least catch them on youtube if you missed them , those were the greatest offspring shows ever period.

KTILLA23
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Yeah you should check out this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmGA0lNAfw

My favorite of all the Ignition shows is when they played Elders. And no I don't think there is no more Ignition shows. :(

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes! That's awesome

WeAreOne9
08-12-2012, 01:24 AM
they were in may and june , in Huntington Beach and Europe.

At least catch them on youtube if you missed them , those were the greatest offspring shows ever period.

Yeah you should check out this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmGA0lNAfw

My favorite of all the Ignition shows is when they played Elders. And no I don't think there is no more Ignition shows. :(

Thanks guys thats awesome :)

TheJakes84
08-12-2012, 03:16 AM
how about an americana - splinter - s/t - ixnay - rafrag - co1 - & days go by?? ignition was incredible! smash is gonna be so rad!

Krojd
08-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Alright, let's bring those Smash shows to Europe again! :cool:

Gustavo
08-12-2012, 04:08 PM
For those of you who were wondering about the South American tour, I guess it's officially over.

https://twitter.com/gabesimas/status/233922159448305664
"The Offspring: vinha pro SWU. Não vem mais pra show solo já que o festival caiu."

"The Offspring: they were coming to SWU. There won't be solo shows anymore now that the festival has been canceled."

This dude is reliable when it comes to international events in South America, he has proven to be right multiple times.

D0NT
08-13-2012, 05:27 PM
For those of you who were wondering about the South American tour, I guess it's officially over.

https://twitter.com/gabesimas/status/233922159448305664
"The Offspring: vinha pro SWU. Não vem mais pra show solo já que o festival caiu."

"The Offspring: they were coming to SWU. There won't be solo shows anymore now that the festival has been canceled."

This dude is reliable when it comes to international events in South America, he has proven to be right multiple times.

OBRIGADUU GUSTAVUUU but lets hear it from the band still, otherwise lets hope for next year southamerican tour, even if the only IGNITION song played is Dirty Magic 2012 , it will do

GuilhermeOffspring
08-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Gustavo, my friend from Brazil, this interview is good news but at the same time bad... :(

Titus
08-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Terrible news! I had already told my boss I would a day or two to see them! They might come here in 2013.... hopefully

The smash tour is something we already "knew", but it is nice to hear it from the band. I wonder if they will skip self esteem and play it in the end, I can picture dexter and noodles saying "what? we skiped a song, what song?"

Jojan
08-15-2012, 04:17 PM
I do not think that a Smash tour is confirmed only because Dexter shows some interest in doing such a thing.

Terrible news! I had already told my boss I would [need] a day or two [off] to see them! They might come here in 2013.... hopefully

She will be furious with you when you tell her that you will be able to work those days.

WeAreOne9
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if they recorded any of the Ignitions shows? Maybe they will release a DVD or sell it online?