PDA

View Full Version : Homeless vs Homeless

yellow
08-11-2012, 10:28 AM
L.A. was a nasty jungle before; before gang vs gang; but now homeless vs homeless. The homeless on skidrow kicked the Occupy LA out of their neighborhood. Occupiers after destroying city halls lawn (not a big deal) but then went and destroyed Pershing Square bad. The next night there were 500 police in four square blocks of Perishing Square. I'm not sure what to think, other than god bless us all.

Tiny Vessels
08-11-2012, 11:51 PM
L.A. was a nasty jungle before; before gang vs gang; but now homeless vs homeless. The homeless on skidrow kicked the Occupy LA out of their neighborhood. Occupiers after destroying city halls lawn (not a big deal) but then went and destroyed Pershing Square bad. The next night there were 500 police in four square blocks of Perishing Square. I'm not sure what to think, other than god bless us all.

Just because some occupiers fucked up Perishing Square (which sucks) doesn't mean that ALL occupiers did. I bet you there was some peaceful protesters who didn't do shit but since some of them did it gives all of them a bad name. I love L.A. and I always will but it's really going down. Some of the areas where it used to be nice and safe aren't anymore. I know especially in Van Nuys too. It sucks but what can you do? People now a days have no respect for anything or anyone.

TheJakes84
08-13-2012, 12:29 AM
I agree with Tiny Vessels.

We're all living in the last and final days of our very own shorten lives.

Godxilla
08-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Yes. December 21, 2012. The end of good, evil and humanity.

Jakebert
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I would gladly take lots of homeless people over lots of occupy people any day of the week.

Llamas
08-20-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't really get how homeless people kicking occupiers out of their area is "homeless vs homeless"... unless all the occupiers are now homeless, as well...

WebDudette
08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Bum fights, yo'.

MOTO13
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Occupiers should get their dumb asses shot then handed a bill for all the damage and chaos these fucktards have caused. Police overtime, robbery, rape, drugs...then they leave an area looking like a third world shithole. Talk about a bunch of losers expecting their fair share. I hope the real homeless eat their faces. In case you can't tell, I think the OWSerrrrs are a bunch of good for nothing dumbfucks.

Tiny Vessels
08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Nope I couldn't tell at Moto, not at all. *rolls eyes* Not all occupiers did robbery, rape and drugs. It was the few who fucked up and gave the rest a bad name. FYI I wanted to be one of the occupiers on Wall Street. Why you ask? Cause I thought it would be fun. But I never did make it to NYC.

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Just as not all members of the GOP are Rep. Akin, not all troublemaking Occupiers speak for all Occupiers.

MOTO13
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I am stunned...you wanted to be a wallstreeter...lol. Ever see some of the OWSers being interviewed? It's like a who's/who's of idiocy and cluelessness. I would say 95% of those I saw interviewed had no idea why they were even there. Over half did not know who was president, VP or the AG. When asked what they were representing, many simply said to end capitalism as we know it, end homelessness or they were with friends because it looked like fun and had nothing better to do. Apparently stopping traffic, doing drugs, rape and destroying shit is their friggin utopia version of the new way. Tell you what, put on some dirty ass ripped flannel, add some glitter to your face, toe socks and stocking hat, slap on a pair of sandals and hit yourself in the head with a fucking hammer...you are now an OWS freak.

Little_Miss_1565
08-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, see, that's the problem with OWS. It's not a movement that stands for any one thing. It's really just a "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore" catchall, and its General Assemblies are examples of why a truly representative body of governance in which everyone gets to speak their piece doesn't actually work.

So yeah, you're going to have your average militant vegan Food Not Bombs volunteer who wants to dismantle capitalism, but you're also going to have average people who don't think it's fair that the people who nearly collapsed our entire economy lined their pockets with our money on their way out the door.

Tiny Vessels
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I am stunned...you wanted to be a wallstreeter...lol. Ever see some of the OWSers being interviewed? It's like a who's/who's of idiocy and cluelessness. I would say 95% of those I saw interviewed had no idea why they were even there. Over half did not know who was president, VP or the AG. When asked what they were representing, many simply said to end capitalism as we know it, end homelessness or they were with friends because it looked like fun and had nothing better to do. Apparently stopping traffic, doing drugs, rape and destroying shit is their friggin utopia version of the new way. Tell you what, put on some dirty ass ripped flannel, add some glitter to your face, toe socks and stocking hat, slap on a pair of sandals and hit yourself in the head with a fucking hammer...you are now an OWS freak.

Not ALL of them did drug/rape/robbery/destorying shit. The few of them who did gave the rest of a bad name. Not all of them fucked up.I have some plaid (not flannel) shirts/sweatpants.. I love glitter and I do have toe socks (which I don't wear anymore but I can't throw them away cause they are awesome) you don't wear socks with sandals that is a fashion no-no. The only sandals I wear are flip-flops. Not really feeling the hitting myself with a hammer.

Jakebert
08-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Occupy Wall Street was an incredibly stupid excuse for a movement, made up of self-important trust fund kids with no real political knowledge who spoke only in internet memes.

Yet Moto still makes me want to defend them because his argument is just awful in every sense.

MOTO13
08-21-2012, 02:22 PM
The OWS movement had no direction whatsoever, no main spokesperson, no real outline of exactly what "they" were doing or how to correct their perceived fucking problem and zero continuity in personnel or platform. It was a fucking joke from day 1 that only the dumbest of dumbasses could take seriously. It simply created chaos from clueless idiots with too much time on their hands. What you defend or do not defend, I could give 2 shits.

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
You're right about the first part, but that was also kind of the point of OWS.

Do you need a hug, dude? Your posts make it seem like you really need a hug.

Tiny Vessels
08-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Moto just needs some love!

MOTO13
08-21-2012, 03:23 PM
You're right about the first part, but that was also kind of the point of OWS.

Do you need a hug, dude? Your posts make it seem like you really need a hug.

uhhuuuu...even us worthless conservative pricks need one every now and again.

Tiny Vessels
08-21-2012, 03:25 PM
uhhuuuu...even us worthless conservative pricks need one every now and again.

*hugs* You're not a worthless conservative prick

WebDudette
08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
*hugs* You're not a worthless conservative prick

Except for when he is.

Tiny Vessels
08-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Is he a conservative? Yes he is and he does make it known. Is he a prick? Yeah he can be ( he isn't a prick to me cause he KNOWS better lol) but he does it out of fun(he thinks its fun). I don't know why but he does like to piss people off here. But is he worthless? No I don't think he is at all.

Jakebert
08-22-2012, 02:56 AM
The OWS movement had no direction whatsoever, no main spokesperson, no real outline of exactly what "they" were doing or how to correct their perceived fucking problem and zero continuity in personnel or platform. It was a fucking joke from day 1 that only the dumbest of dumbasses could take seriously. It simply created chaos from clueless idiots with too much time on their hands. What you defend or do not defend, I could give 2 shits.

Although I think some of your hyperbole is annoying, on the whole I agree with this. OWS, like the Tea Party or KONY 2012, were really empty movements based entirely on slogans an catchphrases being repeated without a real knowledge of what they meant.

I get that OWS and the Tea Party being leaderless was symbolic of the supposed populism that drove them, but the problem with a leaderless movement is that without a coherent platform and plan of action protest movements don't work. The civil rights movement worked because it had real policy goals and leaders to rally around who could meet with politicians and peddle influence. The civil rights movement was full of empty slogans and people being involved because they wanted to be hip, but because it had an actual policy goal, it was able to be successful. OWS didn't have that because without anything else to say but "THERE'S UNEQUAL DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN AMERICA!" and no solution, what's the point of policymakers listening to them? Without advocates who meet with said policymakers and make proposals, what's the point?

Economics is incredibly tricky and nuanced. There's tons of things that most people don't realize about how the economy works and how fiscal policy is created. Even a political science major like myself will admit to being in the dark about a lot of this, because it's so incredibly complicated. So a group like OWS needs to really be able to articulate why they advocate certain things and what they want to do to fix problems if they want to have any real impact. Because Americans, while usually ignorant, do know how complicated the economy is and know that simple slogans won't do anything. This is why both the Tea Party and OWS never caught on as more than a niche, and the Tea Party really only gained relevance once a few incredibly smart and opportunistic politicians began riding the Tea Party as a way to get elected to office. But even looking at that, those politicians usually broke pretty heavily with the Tea Party once elected and just really became extreme Republicans, which is actually the opposite of what the Tea Party initially stood for.

Eskimo
08-22-2012, 03:10 AM
I mean, the second San Fran and fuckin' Oakland kicked out the Occupy kids...

Uhh, yeah. No doubt a good deal of the people involved in it were Regular Joe & Jane McGees, but when you let your thing be highjacked by the Seattle-99-style anarchists, you're pretty much done.

Better ways to get things done than "let's smash the local convenience store guy's windows and piss on police cars". Fight da powah indeed, college kids.

MOTO13
08-22-2012, 09:03 AM
The tea party has a coherent and relatively understandable agenda. Ows is a conglomeration of idiotic rambling ideas compressed into gang violence and destruction in the hope of getting attention. OWS is kind of like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum. He'd purposely shit in his own pants if it meant someone else has to clean him up and take care of him. The TP has the "contract from america" which basically outlines what the grass roots movement is really about. The two movements really can't be compared to one another except for the fact that the timing of both was somewhat similar. One makes some semblence of sense and the other...well doesn't. Pickles and pineapples.

Jakebert
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Incorrect. The Tea Party and OWS are both intentionally leaderless movements. Without a major platform. The Tea Party was intentionally formed as a group comprised of local chapters, like a fraternity of 4-H Club, and each chapter has a different set of policy goals. A lot of times these goals conflict with the goals of other Tea Party groups. Originally, most Tea Party groups were focused entirely on economic reform. Then groups started to pop up that were almost entirely about "social conservative values" and being pro-Christian groups. Even a lot of the Tea Party candidates that got elected to office have little in common other than the fact that they hate Obama. A lot of prominent Tea Party leaders clearly don't understand their own message (cue reference to the major Tea Party dude who held the "GET THE GOVERNMENT'S HAND OFF MY MEDICARE" sign on national TV).

OWS wants economic equality, an incredibly broad goal that can mean dozens of things to dozens of people. The Tea Party wants Washington to stop fucking up the economy. Again, broad goal that could mean different things to different people. Both groups share the fact that that they're relatively fringe groups who arose out of anger about the state of the economy. The Tea Party represents a myriad of right-wing views on the economy, and OWS represents a myriad of left-wing views. Each has been relatively destructive, OWS has been destructive mostly because the movement got violent for a while, and the Tea Party because during the summer of 2011 the Tea Party basically destroyed any sense of civility or reason in the debate over the debt ceiling and paralyzed the government's ability to actually do anything.

MOTO13
08-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. OWS vs Tea Party? That's laughable. One has rampant drug use, massive destruction of public property, criminal activity at the "protest" sites, causes chaos for the average person even attempting to go to work, causes massive police overtime costs to cities, and purposely causes problems and chaos wherever they happen to land...and the tea party is trying to get responsible action out of Washingtom DC. I am no TP advocate but to see the two in the same light is fucking retarded.

Little_Miss_1565
08-22-2012, 10:34 AM
The only thing the Tea Party is trying to accomplish is getting Obama out of office. That's the only thing they agree on. That and a bunch of shit that highlights how they paid zero attention to any history or social studies class in school.

Jakebert
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. OWS vs Tea Party? That's laughable. One has rampant drug use, massive destruction of public property, criminal activity at the "protest" sites, causes chaos for the average person even attempting to go to work, causes massive police overtime costs to cities, and purposely causes problems and chaos wherever they happen to land...and the tea party is trying to get responsible action out of Washingtom DC. I am no TP advocate but to see the two in the same light is fucking retarded.

They are completely in the same light. They're too political extremes reacting to the same problem. The Tea Party is trying to get responsible action in DC, but it hasn't worked because the politicians they run are incompetent extremists who only use the Tea Party label to get votes. To me, getting Michelle Bachmann and Rand Paul elected to office is just as bad as property damage.

And OWS drug use has nothing to do with the movement at all. You take a sample of 20 something college grads anywhere and the majority will admit to casual drug use when pushed.

Llamas
08-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Destruction and violence? You just described Tea Partiers. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/30/tea-party-leader-calls-for-violent-overthrow-of-government-over-health-care-ruling-video/
http://latftp.com/2011/11/02/tea-party-codgers-busted-in-plot-to-kill-poison-thousands/
http://latftp.com/2011/03/17/tea-party-crank-attacks-gets-arrested/
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/14/arizona.double.killing.verdict/index.html?hpt=T1
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/I-580-shootout-suspect-mad-at-left-wing-politics-3258320.php#ixzz0u8G9u3fC
http://latftp.com/2010/10/31/tread-on-me/
http://www2.dailyprogress.com/news/cdp-news-local/2010/mar/24/damage_at_home_of_perriello_brother_under_investig-ar-75186/

Sorry, but as lame as OWS is, the Tea Party is just as bad, if not worse.

Tiny Vessels
08-22-2012, 01:13 PM
The Tea Party is alot worse then OWS. Tea Party people are all fucking crazy.

MOTO13
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
ummmmm....bwahahahaha...seriously? Yeah...good comparisons. wow. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder. Anyway...tell you what, go drop off your teenage kids at a Tea Party conference, rally, whatever you want to say it is and walk away. Now go do the same at an OWS crime spree free for all. Like I said, OWS is a joke.

Tiny Vessels
08-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Moto read this very slowly ok, not everybody who was a part of the OWS did crime/drugs/rape. Just a few did, NOT EVERYBODY!!!! Ok?

Yeah ok, I'll go to a Tea Party rally and then I'll listen to that crazy lady explain how she isn't a witch and why she should have been elected into office in whatever city that was on the east coast. Seriously who the fuck starts a politcal commercial saying "I'm not a witch" a crazy tea party fuck thats who. Michele Bachman also is a crazy tea party person too. Thank God she didn't stand a chance. She was just awful.

MOTO13
08-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I would love to just pick one person at random from each movement (rally) and have them interviewed back to back with the same questions. It might be entertaining.

TV, if you do go to an OWS outing all by yourself, you would feel safe? What is your honest opinion?

Tiny Vessels
08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
I would love to just pick one person at random from each movement (rally) and have them interviewed back to back with the same questions. It might be entertaining.

TV, if you do go to an OWS outing all by yourself, you would feel safe? What is your honest opinion?

Well If I did go to an OWS outing more than likely yes I would be by myself. Would I feel safe? Eh maybe. I'm pretty sure I would be more nervous than anything. I'm sure I would be ok, just nervous. The reason why I would be nervous simply because I probably wouldn't know anyone but that wouldn't stop me from going. I go to concerts by myself and I'm fine with that it doesn't bother me. So that is basically how I would view the OWS outing. Nothing would happen to me and I am pretty sure of that.

Llamas
08-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't feel safe at either, honestly. I'm happier staying away from both because both groups contain some unpredictable assholes and crazies.

MOTO13
08-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't feel safe at either, honestly. I'm happier staying away from both because both groups contain some unpredictable assholes and crazies.

Lol...not a bad idea.

WebDudette
08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I heard that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990. Since he hasn't explicitly denied it and provided proof that it never happened, I have to assume it's true.

He's is a massive figure in the Tea Party movement, he is/was arguably the leader of the Tea Party movement. If he's committed these types of crimes, I can only imagine what his followers have done and what they are capable of doing.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 07:15 AM
I heard that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990. Since he hasn't explicitly denied it and provided proof that it never happened, I have to assume it's true.

He's is a massive figure in the Tea Party movement, he is/was arguably the leader of the Tea Party movement. If he's committed these types of crimes, I can only imagine what his followers have done and what they are capable of doing.

lol...Are you retarded or just stare into the sun too much? That was a joke started by Gilbert Godfried on some roast like 5 years ago. Gilbert always give you the news of the day? Obama has been long associated with Bill Ayres, a known terrorist and communist, as well as Jerimiah Wright, a well known racist and hater of America. Therefore by your reasoning you must think Obama is a communist, racist, America hater who also happens to be the president you elected.

WebDudette
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
I don't have any problem with communists. I didn't elect Obama though, I was too young to vote.

I'm just skeptical as to why Beck never denied it and provided some proof, that's all.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't have any problem with communists. I didn't elect Obama though, I was too young to vote.

I'm just skeptical as to why Beck never denied it and provided some proof, that's all.

Ok..sorry for jumping on you. Skeptical of what??? How do you prove you didn't do something that never happend?

Llamas
08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Pilz, don't be silly. Beck did not rape and murder anyone. That is a total hoax, and he shouldn't be expected to disprove it.

Anyone who whines about Obama's "connections" to Ayres and Wright is a complete fool.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Pilz, don't be silly. Beck did not rape and murder anyone. That is a total hoax, and he shouldn't be expected to disprove it.

Anyone who whines about Obama's "connections" to Ayres and Wright is a complete fool.

Like it or not...Obama's connections to them are a FACT. How it affected (effected??) him or molded his views, I have no idea. But these relationships are real and not some bs internet hoax.

WebDudette
08-23-2012, 08:14 AM
I used to listen to Glenn Beck's radio show. He talked about the end of days a lot. How can he be so sure it's going to happen? Unless of course, he is the one orchestrating the end of the world. Think about it.

Llamas
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Like it or not...Obama's connections to them are a FACT. How it affected (effected??) him or molded his views, I have no idea. But these relationships are real and not some bs internet hoax.

Most of these "who a politician knew in the past" things are just moronic. I've known - and "associated with" - plenty of people with whom I completely disagreed politically and/or otherwise.

Glen Beck is the anti-christ, for sure. The dude wants the world to end. And he wants Obama to be a Nazi.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I used to listen to Glenn Beck's radio show. He talked about the end of days a lot. How can he be so sure it's going to happen? Unless of course, he is the one orchestrating the end of the world. Think about it.

Take Beck with a big grain of salt. Why would he, in your opinion, want to orchestrate the world's end? You think he has that kind of power? Maybe he thinks he can fly and leap tall buildings in a single bound, but I'm not worrying about it. And no...I won't think about what goes through Beck's head.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Most of these "who a politician knew in the past" things are just moronic. I've known - and "associated with" - plenty of people with whom I completely disagreed politically and/or otherwise......

You are not the president of the United States. Associations from the past do matter at that level.

What if Romney had ties or associations with the KKK, while growing up. Would that matter? Hell yes it would.

_Lost_
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
If Romney attended white power rallies and donated his money to the cause, then yes, it would matter. I'm the furthest thing from agreeing with the kkk, but I've also found myself in the company of people who later turned out to be white supremacists. Needless to say, they aren't people I associate with anymore. So, if I became president, would that matter?

Little_Miss_1565
08-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Ok..sorry for jumping on you. Skeptical of what??? How do you prove you didn't do something that never happend?

That's kind of the whole point of the joke. The Tea Partiers are doing the same shit to Obama. You can't prove you didn't do something that never happened, like prove you weren't born internationally and have a fake Hawaiian birth certificate. And now that it's been explained, it is no longer funny. :\

Llamas
08-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Associations from the past matter in the US because for some reason Americans are bizarrely obsessed about a politician's personal life, no matter how irrelevant it is. If Romney had had a friend growing up who was in the KKK, it would not affect his politics at all unless he agreed with that friend of his. And that is a whole different story. I've had racist friends before, and hell, I even used to attend church! I attended church in the past - for many years! - and I don't believe in religion at all now. So Obama attending a church with a pastor like Wright doesn't say a THING about Obama's views. It only means something if you're the kind of fool who believes every word your pastor tells you and agrees 100%.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 10:15 AM
If Romney attended white power rallies and donated his money to the cause, then yes, it would matter. I'm the furthest thing from agreeing with the kkk, but I've also found myself in the company of people who later turned out to be white supremacists. Needless to say, they aren't people I associate with anymore. So, if I became president, would that matter?

Finding yourself "in company" is not exactly the same as a known long term association. However if you routinely find yourself "in company" after you know of the persons background, yeah, it shows a pattern of interests. Obama spent 20+ years in Wright's church. As far as his association with Ayres, that I am not real clear on.

It is all a relatively moot point as Obama is going to be unemployed soon anyway.

Llamas
08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Ayres did terrible things, but Obama's associations with him were quite limited.

As far as Wright goes, I don't even get what the problem is with him. I've read both of the main "controversial" sermons people were upset about, and I don't see the issue. What did he say or do exactly that set people off so much?

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Ayres did terrible things, but Obama's associations with him were quite limited.

As far as Wright goes, I don't even get what the problem is with him. I've read both of the main "controversial" sermons people were upset about, and I don't see the issue. What did he say or do exactly that set people off so much?

You read his sermons?? Well, he's a fucking racist for one thing. He's Anti-American for another. Re-read his sermons that are on the net. Obama even considered leaving his church. Whether he did or didn't, I have no idea. Have you noticed you have heard almost zero since 2008/09 from this man of god...lol. Ever wonder why? Obama probably told him to shut the hell up...and paid him.

Llamas
08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
You seem very passionately against Wright... can you please direct me toward specific things he's said that you have a serious problem with?

Jakebert
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Really the worst part about Wright is that it's impossible to elect public officials who don't pander towards religious types. Wright says some pretty terrible things, but a lot of white, Southern conservative preachers that the GOP is proud of being associated with are just as bad. Not to start this debate, that's just religion.

Although what happened to you being pro-free speech like in the CFA thread? Shouldn't Wright have the same free speech that CFA has?

Little_Miss_1565
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Freedom of speech only applies to people the Right agrees with, silly. Everyone else can shut the fuck up.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Really the worst part about Wright is that it's impossible to elect public officials who don't pander towards religious types. Wright says some pretty terrible things, but a lot of white, Southern conservative preachers that the GOP is proud of being associated with are just as bad. Not to start this debate, that's just religion.

Although what happened to you being pro-free speech like in the CFA thread? Shouldn't Wright have the same free speech that CFA has?

Wright is a douche to the 10th degree. Personally, if he stepped in front a bus, it wouldn't bother me one bit and in fact it would make me smile. That being said, he can shoot off his mouth all he wants. I just look at the people who listen to his mindless bullshit and keep notes.

MOTO13
08-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Freedom of speech only applies to people the Right agrees with, silly. Everyone else can shut the fuck up.

Right...like when Walker (Wi Gov) was being recalled and the left would show up at the capital, camp out, hang around all hours, protest, scream and shout and drown out anything Walker had to say. Tell me about your bullshit free speech. Or... for example when the Democratic state senators LITERALLY left the state in order to stall the budget-repair bill Walker was trying to get through that was set to save the state millions. Yeah, the dems simply went into Illinois and were not even in the state to allow a democratic voting process to continue. I did not hear any dems decrying this little stunt of stupidity. That's ok guess.

Tiny Vessels
08-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Right...like when Walker (Wi Gov) was being recalled and the left would show up at the capital, camp out, hang around all hours, protest, scream and shout and drown out anything Walker had to say. Tell me about your bullshit free speech. Or... for example when the Democratic state senators LITERALLY left the state in order to stall the budget-repair bill Walker was trying to get through that was set to save the state millions. Yeah, the dems simply went into Illinois and were not even in the state to allow a democratic voting process to continue. I did not hear any dems decrying this little stunt of stupidity. That's ok guess.

Oh honey. The real reason they left is because Walker gave a 56( or more) page bill that they were suppose to vote on and Walker did NOT give enough time( I think you need 24hours+, but Walker gave them the bill at 5pm and they were gonna vote the next morning.)to go over the bill or anything and the repubs were all set to vote on it. So instead of having a unfair vote they took off to slow down the process. Was it stupid? Eh yeah but they did it to prove a point. Some of the dems that didn't leave the state were upset at the few who.

Tiny Vessels
08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Glen Beck is the anti-christ, for sure.

I totally fucking agree!!

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Oh honey. The real reason they left is because Walker gave a 56( or more) page bill that they were suppose to vote on and Walker did NOT give enough time( I think you need 24hours+, but Walker gave them the bill at 5pm and they were gonna vote the next morning.)to go over the bill or anything and the repubs were all set to vote on it. So instead of having a unfair vote they took off to slow down the process. Was it stupid? Eh yeah but they did it to prove a point. Some of the dems that didn't leave the state were upset at the few who.

Ummm, no. That is not correct at all. The Dems were bowing to UNION pressure. Period. It's that simple. They (dems) wanted to stall the vote and allow time for more chaos and demostrations to pressure people into their fucking stupidity. They left for no other reason than to stop the voting process from continuing. It didn't work.

Sen. Tim Cullen (D-Janesville) first confirmed Thursday morning that Democrats were boycotting the Senate action on the bill in efforts to block a quorum and keep the measure from passing. Because 20 senators of the 33-member house must be present to pass a fiscal bill, the body's 19 Republicans are not enough to pass the budget repair bill.

Cullen said Democrats hope delaying the bill will give more time for union demonstrators to win over any possible wavering Republicans or force Walker to negotiate. Walker has said he hopes to finish the bill by Feb. 25 for an offering of state bonds that would be affected by the budget-repair bill.

Llamas
08-24-2012, 08:14 AM
The WI dems have it really tough. They're working in a state with an EXTREMELY liberal capital (Dane County is the 8th most liberal county in the entire US), and a remaining state that's incredibly closed-minded, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and redneck (Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the US; my hometown was just sued for dodging the requirement to build low-income housing because they wanted to keep minorities out of my extremely white town). Most of the state (including my family) hates teachers and treats them like glorified babysitters... the state is incredibly anti-public transport, and plans to build a better infrastructure (y'know, even just between Chicago and Milwaukee, which currently has no commuter connection) have been shot down left and right... so basically, Madison has all these liberals, and that brings very liberal politicians to WI... but they have way too much to work against. And that causes extremism, which doesn't help anything. The WI dems absolutely did flee the state to try to stop the vote from happening. It was childish and useless.

MOTO talks an awful lot about Wisconsin for a guy who's supposedly not wishomie... lol, he used to hit on me on AIM. Lol.

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 08:36 AM
The WI dems have it really tough. They're working in a state with an EXTREMELY liberal capital (Dane County is the 8th most liberal county in the entire US), and a remaining state that's incredibly closed-minded, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and redneck (Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the US; my hometown was just sued for dodging the requirement to build low-income housing because they wanted to keep minorities out of my extremely white town). Most of the state (including my family) hates teachers and treats them like glorified babysitters... the state is incredibly anti-public transport, and plans to build a better infrastructure (y'know, even just between Chicago and Milwaukee, which currently has no commuter connection) have been shot down left and right... so basically, Madison has all these liberals, and that brings very liberal politicians to WI... but they have way too much to work against. And that causes extremism, which doesn't help anything. The WI dems absolutely did flee the state to try to stop the vote from happening. It was childish and useless.

MOTO talks an awful lot about Wisconsin for a guy who's supposedly not wishomie... lol, he used to hit on me on AIM. Lol.

First of all genius, the state can't afford any useless rail system. All the dems have against them is common sense and what can and cannot be afforded. That, and maybe if they could pull their head out of the unions ass, they may see daylight. But I doubt it. Pretty basic shit. Amtrak runs that way...and right in kenosha is a Metra. I used it for 8 years while I worked in Chicago as a fed auditor. Use that rail system. It's already built. Racist etc...whatever. Throw out words that you probably just read or someone said to you while sipping on a fucking appletini with your incredibly open minded friends.

Tiny Vessels
08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
All the dems have against them is common sense and what can and cannot be afforded.

Wow I think hell just froze over.. You actually agree with the dems! I knew you would come around to the good side:)

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Wow I think hell just froze over.. You actually agree with the dems! I knew you would come around to the good side:)

Somebody might want to chime in on this. I beginning to develop a nervous tick...

Tiny Vessels
08-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Somebody might want to chime in on this. I beginning to develop a nervous tick...

You make me giggle.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2012, 11:09 AM
See, here's the thing...I get the arguments against the rail systems etc., but remember the Great Depression and the WPA? We're not going to get out of this by avoiding things like this any more than someone gets out of personal debt by eating only ramen noodles.

Llamas
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
We're not going to get out of this by avoiding things like this any more than someone gets out of personal debt by eating only ramen noodles.

Best. Analogy. Ever.

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 12:36 PM
See, here's the thing...I get the arguments against the rail systems etc., but remember the Great Depression and the WPA? We're not going to get out of this by avoiding things like this any more than someone gets out of personal debt by eating only ramen noodles.

The great depression? This would be funny if I didn't know you were serious. Different time. Sure, let's just print some money, ruin the dollar, and build a fucking bridge to nowhere to put people to work. Plus way back when, we weren't $16,000,000,000,000 in debt. Back then certain gov't spending for infrastructure made sense. We could afford it and justify it. Plus, we needed it. Right now every US citizen is basically $46,000 in debt. Who pray tell is going to pay for this? EVERYBODY OWES $46k. More people are on SSI and disability than ever before. There are public ads advertising this shit on how to get government assistance. You and every other liberal want to spend more. Good for you. If you think more government spending is the answer, I think you lost your fucking mind. Cut federal programs and cut spending. If you have been on ANY government assistance for more than 5 years (and are able bodied) and have not shown any earned income or paid federal income tax, you're done. Meaning, you are cut off 100%...you just might starve to death if you don't go get a job and support yourself and your kids. What jobs? There are jobs for minimum wage all over the place. Get one.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I am so, so glad for you that you have never experienced hardship. Not a joke. May you never. In the meantime, people who actually understand the economy will continue to try to get things going while the GOP keeps trying to name their policies by the opposite of what they do.

PS - People will quit having kids they can't afford when birth control is more widely and cheaply (or even freely!) available. Just sayin'.

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
I am so, so glad for you that you have never experienced hardship. Not a joke. May you never. In the meantime, people who actually understand the economy will continue to try to get things going while the GOP keeps trying to name their policies by the opposite of what they do.

PS - People will quit having kids they can't afford when birth control is more widely and cheaply (or even freely!) available. Just sayin'.

Birth control is 100% free. Always has been. THERE IS ZERO COST. That is a stupid fucking point. Trying reading your point internally first. Why should I have to pay cause people want to fuck? Have as many kids as you wish, just stop expecting gov't assistance because you can't afford them or are too irresponsible to care for them yourself. It's not fair for the children and shows a high degree of selfishness and outright stupidity on the part of the "parents".

I did struggle. Had it pretty tough through college. No what? I hated it. That's why I spend less than I make.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Birth control is 100% free. Always has been. THERE IS ZERO COST. That is a stupid fucking point. Trying reading your point internally first. Why should I have to pay cause people want to fuck? Have as many kids as you wish, just stop expecting gov't assistance because you can't afford them or are too irresponsible to care for them yourself. It's not fair for the children and shows a high degree of selfishness and outright stupidity on the part of the "parents".

I did struggle. Had it pretty tough through college. No what? I hated it. That's why I spend less than I make.

As someone who has paid for birth control every month for the last 12 years except for this month, when it was free for the first time, please believe me when I tell you that you appear to have been misinformed.

Serious question: how old are you?

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
As someone who has paid for birth control every month for the last 12 years except for this month, when it was free for the first time, please believe me when I tell you that you appear to have been misinformed.

Serious question: how old are you?

Please tell me my point did not go over your head. Abstinence my dear. Does the obvious just find a way past you or do you purposely ignore it?

And...what's your point? Please tell me it's not you feel special or that it was too much of a burden for you to pay for your own fucking birth control. You seriously don't expect me or anyone else to pay for your birth control do you? You feel that frigging entitled that you should get this for free? Well, it is NOT free. Someone has to pay for it. Obviously as long as it's not you, it is not a concern of yours apparently.

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Quite honestly, I'm not sure what you're saying most of the time due to the incredible rage-face you seem to make in all your posts. You said birth control was always free. I countered that it was not. You came back with a bunch of nonsense. And I'm the one being obtuse?

I'm lucky in that I have a career and got a lot of help in my life to get to the point I'm at. I can afford it. But if you think the magic word "abstinence" is going to stop anyone from fucking ever, then I have to assume you're quite young, or quite ill-informed, or both. I know my cousin wouldn't have had a kid at 15 if she could have gotten her angry, ill-educated hands on some hormonal birth control. I mean, really, it's not hard to keep people off welfare if we just quit treating anyone that isn't privileged like a bunch of animals.

MOTO13
08-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Quite honestly, I'm not sure what you're saying most of the time due to the incredible rage-face you seem to make in all your posts. You said birth control was always free. I countered that it was not. You came back with a bunch of nonsense. And I'm the one being obtuse?

I'm lucky in that I have a career and got a lot of help in my life to get to the point I'm at. I can afford it. But if you think the magic word "abstinence" is going to stop anyone from fucking ever, then I have to assume you're quite young, or quite ill-informed, or both. I know my cousin wouldn't have had a kid at 15 if she could have gotten her angry, ill-educated hands on some hormonal birth control. I mean, really, it's not hard to keep people off welfare if we just quit treating anyone that isn't privileged like a bunch of animals.

The fact that you completely missed my point is not my fault. It was pretty obvious. I'll try better next time. Birth control is free and always has been. Period. Men bailing on their responsiblities is also another problem. Pregnancy has never happend by accident as far as I know. Oooops, I'm pregnant. How the hell did that happen? Words I have never heard spoken (please leave rape out of this). If you are going to have sex, this comes with the responsiblity you just may produce a human being. Again, this fuzzy math confuses people. How in the hell did we get on this subject btw?

Little_Miss_1565
08-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Birth control is not free and never has been, and repeating something that is not true does not magically make it true.

Llamas
08-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Obviously what wishomie is saying is that poor people shouldn't have the right to have sex. Only people with enough money to either raise a child or buy birth control should be able to have sex.

I have a better solution; just be gay.

Lizardus
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I have the feeling that Moto 13 has no genitals.

DeAtHsTaR
08-25-2012, 11:07 PM
If I had a dollar for every time a homeless person has asked me for change...
I'd still say no.

Jakebert
08-26-2012, 01:13 AM
It's more or less been proven that abstinence only education does not work. Human nature is to have sex. It's just a fact of life. People having sex does not make them deviant, evil, or irresponsible. Birth control is stigmatized in lots of neighborhoods because of people like you who treat individuals who have sex before marriage as being lesser than others. That's only one of the sociological, political, and economic factors behind why birth control isn't always used. I could get into more reasons, but frankly it's not worth it because you're clearly retarded.

_Lost_
08-26-2012, 01:33 AM
I second this sentiment.

So basically this guy is saying that he's insanely pro life, pro-abstinence, and anti-poor.

Do you fully understand how much it costs to care for a child, even in the lowest income brackets with the least luxuries? Nearly all of the people I've known that receive government assistance work... and the grand-parents help where they can... and the baby daddy or whatever..I read an article on yahoo.com a few weeks ago that said, on average, it is impossible to support a normal, one-bedroom apartment alone with a full-time, minimum wage job. In greensboro, you can get a nasty, crappy one bedroom apartment for about $550. A decent one costs around $650 to $700 a month, plus utilities. I have never seen a true full-time low/minimum wage job (except for servers/bartenders/etc because the national minimum for them is so negligible that after taxes, 110 hours = $120). Literally never. Companies don't higher people working for minimum wage for full-time, because then they have to offer benefits. I have a myriad of experience, including management, and I can't find a single full time job that will take anyone that doesn't have a degree and years and years of experience. That includes most receptionist jobs, too. The job that I have right now? Unless you are management, you can't work full time and if you are part time, you aren't ever allowed to work more than 28 hours in a week and for most people, that ends up being 12-16 hours a week. If it weren't for that fact that my husband works for UPS, neither of us would have insurance. It costs like 16,000 dollars in NC to have a baby, IF you have it naturally. A c-section costs more like 22,000 dollars, IF there are no complications. Last year, working as a waitress at a high volume bar and working part-time at a bakery, I made less than 13,000 dollars. I worked 50-60 hours a week on average for nearly the entire year.

You seem to have forgotten that we are, in fact, animals. Sex is one of those 'animal-instincts'. Abstinence is definitely not the answer. People do craaaazy things when sex deprived.

MOTO13
08-26-2012, 08:46 AM

Lol. For some reason this made me laugh. No...mine are intact.

And yeah...MOTO13, no space.

WeAreOne9
08-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I have a better solution; just be gay.

+1 or just perform outercourse

yellow
09-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I was downtown the night after the Pershing Square inncodent and the block was surrounded by police not letting anyone one. Then cause it was Art walk Thursday there were many artist and art lovers in the neighborhood. More police everywhere. And now OLA has dissappered and some of the OG homeless are missing as well. I'm still gathering information before I have an opinion. But I do have concerns about the missing homeless.