PDA

View Full Version : Turning Into You on The Radio

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2012, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/987LA/status/236487629741383680

los angeles radio station 987 fm is going to be playing it today not sure if it''s only for the festival in hollywood or it's going to be the next single??

Lord_Gabo
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Love that song!

_Lost_
08-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I really thought I would hate this song. Its nice that it turns out I don't. Its not my favorite off the album though.

KTILLA23
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice! Maybe there going to play it tomorrow, or it maybe the next single.

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
i like the song but i don't think it would do very well as the next single dirty magic the future is now or diving by zero would be better

KTILLA23
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
i like the song but i don't think it would do very well as the next single dirty magic the future is now or diving by zero would be better

Yeah same here, i like it but i think Secrets from the Underground is a better single, or The Future is Now. Who know maybe there just going to just play it.

Offspringuero
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Offspring twitter:

"Been rehearsing it & can't wait to play it live. -N"

Great :)!!!

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
https://twitter.com/offspring/status/236578762597228546

looks like it might be the next single they will probably play it live tomorrow

WeAreOne9
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought Secrets of the Underground was going to be the second single because I heard it on the radio a few times last month but now they've stopped playing it.
I agree Secrets of the Underground or The Future is Now would probably be stronger choices.

TheNooseIsFalling
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
They keep making the wrong decisions singlewise with this album, what a waste :( of course it's a great song, so are Days Go By and even CC, but maybe these 3 are the worst songs from the album to be made singles.

WeAreOne9
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
They keep making the wrong decisions singlewise with this album, what a waste :( of course it's a great song, so are Days Go By and even CC, but maybe these 3 are the worst songs from the album to be made singles.

Like last album when they released Kristy, Are you doing okay? ughhhhhhh

cool 2 hate 681
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Like last album when they released Kristy, Are you doing okay? ughhhhhhh

and they still play it at every single show even though hammerhead was the first single

well you can tell days go by and cruising california were made to be singles

WeAreOne9
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmm, isn't CC a joke? Cause as a joke I think its pretty funny...

WeAreOne9
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
and they still play it at every single show even though hammerhead was the first single

Yeah, they played it in Rochester with no Hammerhead, made me want to slit my wrists. They did play YGGFK tho :)
Have all the set lists been the same this year minus the ignition shows?

Outerspaceman21
08-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I would really like Turning Into You as a single. After Days Go By and CC, they need a song that showcases their traditional sound that people are more used to. I think Secret would be the best choice because it's very fast, aggressive and politically charged, which in the current climate, it has the potential to be a popular single. Turning Into You would be a great choice, though. It, along with SFTU, is a very fast and aggressive song with a catchy chorus, but where it's stronger is it's very well constructed lyrically. It's one of my favorite tracks off the new album because of the lyrics.

aintnoballnchain
08-17-2012, 10:42 PM
I was hoping Hurting As One would be a single...i hope i still will be..one of my favorites on the CD

and i hope they release dirty magic as a single im sure they will since they re-recorded it so it can get the recognition as a song that it deserves

Oxygene
08-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Offspring twitter:

"Been rehearsing it & can't wait to play it live. -N"

Great :)!!!

U do know, that thats true for EVERY song on EVERY album they've EVER done...?

Afaik after the record is done they learn all the new songs and try to play all of them live atleast once... Perhaps I am wrong, but I am sure they have rehearsed all the new songs...

Eskimo
08-18-2012, 12:21 AM

You're insane. Go drink some cough syrup that cures the crazy.

DGB and CC are the obvious singles. Turning Into You is a bit less radio-song-y, but it'd work. Secret Family's the obvious third choice, though.

offspringiztheshit
08-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Obviously Wikipedia isn't always right but according to it turning into you is the next single released three days ago