PDA

View Full Version : No more Splinter videos?

RazielSR
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hit that and can't get my head around you only??

I'd like a Lighting rod and Race against myself video...but...tell me...no more splinter videos really?

Tired_Of_You
02-14-2005, 03:04 PM
You forgot Da Hui. I saw it on TV.

RazielSR
02-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes yes...da hui rolz, but I wanna more videoclips!!!!!!!!!!!

Obie2trice
02-14-2005, 03:17 PM
there won`t be more from Splinter I think

RazielSR
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Seems like if Splinter...isn't very famous...

JohnnyNemesis
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
They would shoot more if the album sold better, but since not, they won't. Columbia won't finance it, I'm assuming.

I wish there were more videos too.

RazielSR
02-14-2005, 03:28 PM
COF and now Splinter hasn't sold very much. I think they must return to the smash an ixnay sound, or maybe americana o________O, yes the most comercial album by offspring, but at least sounds better than splinter I think...

Ditol
02-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Nah, splinter isn't THAT bad... It's just... It's all because cd lasts 30 minutes and there're songs like When you're in prison or worst hangover ever...

Personally I think splinter is better than americana.

MoRoChA_DeW
02-14-2005, 04:16 PM

the video of da hui has never been shown here... i only saw it here, in this web site

lost_nvrfound
02-14-2005, 08:58 PM
i bet they'd sell more if they went back to their punk origin... very fast, u-can't-help-but-dance-like-a-fucking-idiot kind of music... u kno?... like, all their stuff from b4 americana... though americana has some kickass songs, they started to tone it down a bit on that album...

Dexter_Kyle
02-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Actually....they were about to release as single "Spare Me The Details" but I read in a website that said the Dexter and the boys had enough of Splinter...so...but...i don't know about you guys but I Like that song...and a lot of guys can relate to that one...plus i think it woulda have an awesome video...! but i hope they release some great video with the Greatest Hits :D :D :D

Piedude
02-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Maybe we'll get more videos for splinter if they release another dvd at the time of a future album, ala Mota/cool to hate/burn it up vids.

Dexter_Holland
02-16-2005, 04:22 AM
i want to see the noose, race against myself, worst hangover ever, spare me the details and long way home. but i know it's not gonna happen :mad:

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-16-2005, 07:42 AM
yeah, its understandable though, because why continue supporting and pumping money for videos, for an album that was ignored?
i hope they have better luck with the next one.

L2L1
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
i bet they'd sell more if they went back to their punk origin... very fast, u-can't-help-but-dance-like-a-fucking-idiot kind of music... u kno?... like, all their stuff from b4 americana... though americana has some kickass songs, they started to tone it down a bit on that album...
No one can say it better. I wish they would just go back to their old style. When I heard hit that I had no idea it was the offspring. It sounded like some techno crap.

nickspring-82
02-16-2005, 05:22 PM
hmmm, the members of the offspring could finance it if they really wanted, i dont think they arent allowed, its just they are probly down about not having success on hit that, one thing i thought was kewl about this album...when they toured here, they played this comedy/interview show like letterman, its our equivalent, called " rove ", and he said in the intro to their playing of " cant get my head around you " , that its the loudest decibal band to play the show, and plenty of heavyish bands been on it... :D

Isolated Fury
02-16-2005, 09:00 PM
I hope they don't make anymore "Splinter" videos. :)

Orange County
02-17-2005, 05:01 AM
I still think that Splinter was an experimental album, in which they where trying out some realy different sounds, i.e. The Worst Hangover Ever, When Youre In Prison, Hit That and I suppose Race Against Myself could add to the list as it has some 'sound' in it.

Of course they wrote some pure punk songs, The Noose, Lightning Rod, Never Gonna Find Me, (Can't Get My) Head Around You and Da Hui for the longer Offspring fans.

But they were just mixing it up and seeing how it would come across, I guess they did draw some new fans in with Hit That and such. Note Dexter always refers to the crowd as 'kids' :o

Lets just hope the new Offspring album is much better and much longer than Splinter, dont get me wrong Splinter is good though, just not excellent.

I wonder if Offspring feel the urge to do something better with Green Day's success with American Idiot....I dunno....just thinking out loud. :)

"Like a lovely generator"
02-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't it just rock if Offspring did an American Idiot type album? Especially if they got back to proper punk. They'd do it so much better than Greenday. Splinter was an experimental album and it didn't really work. I don't want to see any more Splinter videos, not that I hate the album but I just reckon they could do so much better. Splinter was fun, now lets get back to real Offspring. I don't really aggree with people saying Americana was where the guys lost the plot. It's one of my favorite albums because it's kind of a bridge between the early stuff and the later stuff. It's just a great mixed album. Wow, i've been talking shit in this post for a while now. Should really stop. Oh well, i can probably stretch out a few unrelated comments. Just got myself a copy of the self titled album :). Best out of the lot I reckon. Anyhow, WHY THE HELL DID RON LEAVE!!!

bdexterholland
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I think they wont make more videos for splinter 'cause they already done 3, and they are:

Hit That
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
Da Hui

:)

Orange County
02-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Da Hui wasnt an MTV type video, it was for the CD Extra so that doesnt really count.

Skate Rat 19
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Either way they fuckin wasted splinters potential. Race Against Myself would anihalate every one of the sappy songs of today, The Noose would tear through anything green day can possibly put out, and what the fuck? cant get my head around you was on its way to the top and then what? it just stopped.

Isolated Fury
02-17-2005, 06:14 PM
One word....

Amen...

original_prankster
02-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, I loved the Splinter album all though it was short. My favorite Offspring albums, though, are IXNAY ON THE HOMBRE and CONSPIRACY OF ONE. I loved those ones! Especially Original Prankster, of course.

Orange County
02-18-2005, 03:18 AM
I have to agree, after they put (Can't Get My) Head Around You out, theres been nothing. Everything has just died.

*whistles*

saska de o...
02-18-2005, 03:37 AM
kurde, tylk o 3 teledyski z czego jesden to kreskowka?? dupa, my chcemy wiecej!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embodude2004
02-18-2005, 10:18 AM
pop splinter in your computer and dahui will come up if you have quicktime.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I think they did about everything wrong with the singles...First Hit That came: an animated, I guess still OK, video of a song that really isn't that good. It's almost like a skate/pop/punk/rock version of Usher's Yeah. Well, no, not really...But it's not good. Then (Can't Get My) Head Around You... The song itself is not that bad but the video is horrible (there's even a thread about that), and I saw it once on MTV, then never again. And that was their last single! If you would ask some people on the street, I doubt any of them would have heard of Splinter. I don't think there's anyone who bought it because of the singles, the fans just bought it because it was Offspring. That's what I think.

Jack the Tripper
02-18-2005, 04:03 PM
it was on TV? How did it sound with the "fucks" beeped out.