PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed

Eskimo
08-18-2012, 01:50 AM
I wish I could hate them. Really do. They do kinda-sorta-suck.

Still...

Guilty pleasure.

Tiny Vessels
08-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh Disturbed... lol. I remember when The Sickness first came out I was obsessed with it. I would play that constantly. Now I never it listen or them.

Godxilla
08-18-2012, 09:44 AM
I used to love Inside the Fire. But Asylum just seemed too commercial and clichéd. Especially that U2 cover that they were afraid to spell out because of its length. I still listen to them when they come up on my Pandora station, but I never listen to them of my own volition. It's sad that I don't like them more, but I just don't.

OC HAU
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Not my band. They walking a pretty fine nu-metal line though, but I'd rather listen to Evanescence, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit or Incubus.

Godxilla
08-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Not my band. They walking a pretty fine nu-metal line though, but I'd rather listen to Evanescence, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit or Incubus.

I love LP and Incubus too. Disturbed is just a bit too hardcore nu-metal for me. I love the Dave Williams-era Drowning Pool, but that's all the nu-metal I like. But I'd take Chevelle or Breaking Benjamin over these guys any day.

Tiny Vessels
08-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I love LP and Incubus too. Disturbed is just a bit too hardcore nu-metal for me. I love the Dave Williams-era Drowning Pool, but that's all the nu-metal I like. But I'd take Chevelle or Breaking Benjamin over these guys any day.

Wow. Congrats you are the first person I ever said that Disturbed is too hardcore. LP is not nu-metal just saying. Their first cd was very good. Now they just need to go away. Incubus is alright I like their stuff but I wouldn't say I'm a big fan and they are definitely NOT nu-metal.

_Lost_
08-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I've got a copy of The Sickness. I don't skip it when it comes up in iTunes.

That scene in Dawn of the Dead where they get in the elevator and its an elevator-music style "Down with the Sickness" always fills me with an unreasonable amount of joy.

MOTO13
08-20-2012, 01:26 PM
One thing for certain, you can always tell a Disturbed song when you hear it. First off the voice...secondly, the song will sound like all their others and suck.