PDA

View Full Version : Pol Pot

Kim Jong Il
02-14-2005, 04:40 PM
There are too many biased biographies on Pol Pot, it is rare to find a biography on Pol Pot that is neutral. It is easy to simply give you a link to a web site that tells about him, but is biased against him. I want you to read about him from a purely objective point of view rather than one mixed with biased emotional opinions.

I have found Ben Kiernan's book titled "The Pol Pot regime : race, power, and genocide in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge, 1975-79" to be very interesting, because it has completely accurate facts that are not distorted, except in the sense that they might be distorted or intended to be influenced on the readers by ensuing opinions of the author on each fact. The book is a very heavy one, it has a lot of detailed pictures of the Pol Pot leadership, maps of the internal political disivision of Cambodia under Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, pictures of victims of the Khmer Rouge and etc.

I highly recommend that everyone that strongly disagrees with me on anything that I said in regard to Pol Pot not being a tyrant, please read this book, and again you can read this book on-line by simply searching for it through internet public library systems as an e-book.

SicN Twisted
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Tyrant is not based around opinion or motive, tyrant is a clearly defined word. Regardless of weather or not you uphold Pol Pot as a leader, he was by definition a tyrant.

Kim Jong Il
02-15-2005, 12:15 PM
On the contrary, I would say that Pol Pot was the least tyrannical and the least repressive leader in the history of mankind. Read my thread (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4717).

SicN Twisted
02-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I certainly did. Your logic is fleeting.

Kim Jong Il
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I certainly did. Your logic is fleeting.

If this is an objection to something I said, please continue.

RXP
02-15-2005, 03:29 PM
again you can read this book on-line by simply searching for it through internet public library systems as an e-book.

How/where can I do this? Give us a link. The only place I see eBooks is like edonkey, newsgroups or from university ejournals index. Never seen free ebooks like that.

SicN Twisted
02-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Some acts can be rationalized depending on the justification, only if the rationality is stronger then the act itself. Some acts are so heinous that they can't be excused by any sort of rationality, like mass murder. Therefore, it's impossable to rationalize Pol Pot's actions because they're beyond any sort of rationality - it gets to the point where the motive is completely lost in the outcome.

Please tell me how in any way the people of democratic Kampchia lived a more just, fulfilling life then people in any other country. How did Pol Pot's form of Agrarian Communism raise the standard of living, and general best interests for the people as a whole?