View Full Version : dilemma

10-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Ok dudes n dudettes listen up, I have a dilemma

*insert scary music here*

Ok...so heres the drill. Ive been offered a job in Bahrain, Middle East (where I was before) for 10 weeks, possibly a year if I excel, in that 10 weeks I would earn roughly $12,000 with no tax - so imagine what I would end up earning in a year. Some unruly figure that would mean id be able to come back to Australia, buy a car, apartment and get another sort of job and be able to live comfortably for a while. It sounds perfect doesnt it.

Its not...I love Steve (my man) , I dont think I could bear to be away from him for that long. It sounds so pathetic, im going to talk to him about it tonight - I have to make the decision by tomorrow morning. Id be leaving on the 18th of November, which is in 2 weeks.

I just dont know what to do, a part of me really wants to go, as I know I need the money...another part of me wants to stay with my boyfriend. I might go for those 10 weeks, and not take up the job for a year, or somehow, find a job for Steve over in Bahrain for a year as well - although something tells me he wouldnt be prepared to pack andup and leave. Im used to it, Im used to leaving people behind. Its just I actually have the choice whether I want too or not...and its eating me up inside.

I'd wait for him, I mean...I wouldnt cheat on him over there with the American Navy dudes and the like, never ever...its just a question on whether he could wait for me or not. I suppose it could be a test, and if he really did wait, then it'd prove his love to me.

So yeah i know this is a forum...and we odnt normally deal with this shite - i just wanted to know everyones opinion on the matter thats all.

Cheers dudes n dudettes

10-28-2004, 04:00 AM
I'd say go. How long have you been with this guy and do you know it's a completely solid relationship where you now you will marry him in the future? If not then go. If he agrees to wait for you then that's a bonus, the rest is whether you truly want to wait for him or whether your just saying that now.

10-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Go. For the 10 weeks at least. If its really that bad and you can't cope with your man, then go back home.

Good luck with it all.

10-28-2004, 05:52 AM
Go. Chances are you'll build a chemical attraction to another male at some point in the future. And if not, well we don't need your genes spread anyways.