PDA

View Full Version : Offspring in Hollywood Oct 5

FeliciaNitro
08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
October 5, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Palladium
with Neon Trees and Dead Sara

Just got the email for presale tickets. Anyone going?? I'm looking forward to it!

hshduppsnt
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
i saw this date coming a mile away and hoped beyond hope it wouldn't actually be that night.

I'm buying tickets. However SOMEWHERE between oct 4 and oct 8 I need to travel to Philadelphia for
work. Knowing my schedule and the shows this year I'm willing to put SERIOUS money it will be Oct 5 :(

but for now? count me in!

FeliciaNitro
08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
i saw this date coming a mile away and hoped beyond hope it wouldn't actually be that night.

I'm buying tickets. However SOMEWHERE between oct 4 and oct 8 I need to travel to Philadelphia for
work. Knowing my schedule and the shows this year I'm willing to put SERIOUS money it will be Oct 5 :(

but for now? count me in!

Lol you were at the SSMF right? Funny they would send the email for this right after they played at like the exact same place. But WOW that show was great...smart marketing guys :P

hshduppsnt
08-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Lol you were at the SSMF right? Funny they would send the email for this right after they played at like the exact same place. But WOW that show was great...smart marketing guys :P

I did manage to pull strings and go to that. but my recent track record has not been good. As it was I probably Shouldn't have been able to go Saturday haha.

That being said right? Further... not an irvine date is even more surprising. I wonder if Irvine will still pop up at some point.

EDIT: and yes I do realize that sounds really whiny of me given other people have less luck. And I do empathize with them since at one point in time I was one of those people with absolutely no hope of going to shows, even though i lived in california!

edit2: I should really stop whining huh...

mrXniick
08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Do you know how many tickets they typically limit one person to purchase for a pre-sale? I have a group of about 7 friends that want to go

FeliciaNitro
08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I did manage to pull strings and go to that. but my recent track record has not been good. As it was I probably Shouldn't have been able to go Saturday haha.

That being said right? Further... not an irvine date is even more surprising. I wonder if Irvine will still pop up at some point.

EDIT: and yes I do realize that sounds really whiny of me given other people have less luck. And I do empathize with them since at one point in time I was one of those people with absolutely no hope of going to shows, even though i lived in california!

edit2: I should really stop whining huh...

Nah nothing wrong with whining imo...everyone has their own opinions. I just think they really do have a lot of SoCal-only shows and events, but it's understandable considering they all live here. Still, if I hadn't moved down earlier, the only one I'd be going to is the Oct 2 one in San Jose out of all of the things they've done so far this year. Which is a little unfair for some fans but yeah...I'm still bummed I didn't get to the Alex's Bar show and the Ignition shows in Europe. I want less of the regular shows and more of those!

Do you know how many tickets they typically limit one person to purchase for a pre-sale? I have a group of about 7 friends that want to go

No it doesn't say in the email or the livenation site (http://www.livenation.com/event/0900490FC0035251). I think if there is a limit it will probably say it when they actually open it up to purchase. Though if they haven't included it already maybe there isn't a limit at all :)

hshduppsnt
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
usually pre-sale limits are 2 right? but since there is ONLY general admin seating at palladium, I would guess there won't be a limit?

cool 2 hate 681
08-20-2012, 05:22 PM
great news :)

mrXniick
08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
usually pre-sale limits are 2 right? but since there is ONLY general admin seating at palladium, I would guess there won't be a limit?

Oh.. it's general admission? Ill make them buy their own tickets then

cool 2 hate 681
08-20-2012, 05:41 PM
i think they have a balcony where you can sit down don't they?

ChildC2017
08-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Usually at the Palladium it's all GA but you're able to go up on a balcony area if you want. No seats but if it's not crowded up there it's a decent view. The other side of the venue also has a balcony with seats but it's VIP.

TheJakes84
08-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Hello,
The Offspring are headed to your area and a special ticket pre-sale has been set up just for fans like you...

October 5, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Palladium
with Neon Trees and Dead Sara

PRE-SALE PASSWORD: SECRETS

The pre-sale begins Tuesday, August 21 at 5:00 PM (Pacific) and runs for 24 hours via this link below (you may need to copy and paste the link into your browser):
http://www.livenation.com/event/0900490FC0035251

Tickets go on sale to the general public Saturday, August 25 at 10:00 AM (Pacific) via the same link.

The Offspring's new album, Days Go By, is now available online and in stores.

See you at the show!

Offspring.com

hshduppsnt
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Purchased.

let's just hope I don't end up having a work conflict and can go!

mrXniick
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Quick question, sorry if I am a noob. I purchased 6 tickets and it says GA2, row GA5, seats 51-56. Is this just a number printed on the ticket or is it assigned seating? I thought it was just general admission

hshduppsnt
08-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Quick question, sorry if I am a noob. I purchased 6 tickets and it says GA2, row GA5, seats 51-56. Is this just a number printed on the ticket or is it assigned seating? I thought it was just general admission

Just how they keep official count it's all general admin.

mrXniick
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Super excited... this will be my 5th offspring show.

I REALLY hope the future is now, dividing by zero and slim pickens are played. Also, I hope Hammerhead returns to the setlist as it hasnt been in the past few shows.

yellow
08-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm in. I just tried the online ticket site and it said to go to the pladium and purchas tickets at the window.

FeliciaNitro
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm in. I just tried the online ticket site and it said to go to the pladium and purchas tickets at the window.

Did you try entering the password "SECRETS"? I went thru the livenation site and it wouldn't let me purchase until i put in the password.

And does anyone know how quickly the tickets that they sell at the Hollywood Palladium on Saturday morning get sold? I don't really want to pay the service fees and they sell the tickets there on Saturday mornings 10am - 2pm w/o service fees. Just want to make sure they don't sell out before I get a chance to purchase.

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Did you try entering the password "SECRETS"? I went thru the livenation site and it wouldn't let me purchase until i put in the password.

And does anyone know how quickly the tickets that they sell at the Hollywood Palladium on Saturday morning get sold? I don't really want to pay the service fees and they sell the tickets there on Saturday mornings 10am - 2pm w/o service fees. Just want to make sure they don't sell out before I get a chance to purchase.

i don't think they will sell out before 2 pm on saturday

FeliciaNitro
08-23-2012, 02:19 PM
i don't think they will sell out before 2 pm on saturday

Good!! I didn't think so either but I would be really bummed if I didn't get tickets! This is gonna be a great show :D

TheJakes84
08-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Stoked. I'm out. Not gonna go due to my health and $$$$. Have a great time!

Here you go:

• On Thursday, August 23rd at 10am, log on to Ticketmaster.com.
• If the above link does not open a Ticketmaster screen on your computer, log on to www.ticketmaster.com
• Search: The Offspring
• Choose the date October 5
• In the password box enter: KROQOFFSPRING
• Tickets are $37.50 + fees.
• 8 ticket limit.
• Major credit card required.
• Advance on-sale ends Friday, August 24th at 10pm or when the ticket allocation is exhausted.
• If you are unable to buy tickets during the presale, you can still buy them during the public on-sale starting Saturday, August 25th at 10am via Ticketmaster.com.

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Good!! I didn't think so either but I would be really bummed if I didn't get tickets! This is gonna be a great show :D

i think i might do the same thing the fee's on livenation are really bad almost $14 a ticket

_Lost_
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
When I saw the Used at the beginning of the summer, I thought I'd bypass the fees and by at the venue. Lo and behold! Livenation charged me a fucking convenience fee per ticket there, too! Only saved me like five dollars total after we bought three tickets.

cool 2 hate 681
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
When I saw the Used at the beginning of the summer, I thought I'd bypass the fees and by at the venue. Lo and behold! Livenation charged me a fucking convenience fee per ticket there, too! Only saved me like five dollars total after we bought three tickets.

yeah that happened to me in 2010 when offspring played with 311

i just ended up buying them online friday

FeliciaNitro
08-27-2012, 08:42 AM
yeah that happened to me in 2010 when offspring played with 311

i just ended up buying them online friday

I went to the Palladium on Saturday at 10am and got my tickets (w/o service fees!) There wasn't even a long line when I got there or anything but when I turned around as I left the line had gotten about a half a block long. A lot of people were in line to buy tickets to other shows I think. Anyways it was pretty good to know about this for future shows that I might want to skip the fees for :)

cool 2 hate 681
08-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I went to the Palladium on Saturday at 10am and got my tickets (w/o service fees!) There wasn't even a long line when I got there or anything but when I turned around as I left the line had gotten about a half a block long. A lot of people were in line to buy tickets to other shows I think. Anyways it was pretty good to know about this for future shows that I might want to skip the fees for :)

ok cool :cool: if i go to another show there i will be sure to do that

also there was a ad for this show in the newspaper on friday

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/DSC01130.jpg

_Lost_
08-28-2012, 06:17 PM
They sure do love to take pictures of dexter's profile screaming into a mic.

cool 2 hate 681
10-02-2012, 11:19 PM
the show is this friday my 7th offspring show this year :)

hshduppsnt
10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
^ Damn, thats a lot.

so who else is going? See everyone there!

rdcouch
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
^ Damn, thats a lot.

so who else is going? See everyone there!

I'll be there!

cool 2 hate 681
10-06-2012, 01:20 AM
setlist was same as all the other shows on this tour but offspring were great as always :)

also recorded it on video and will upload to youtube when i have time :)

EDIT some pics

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/Hollywood%20Palladium/DSC01194.jpg
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/Hollywood%20Palladium/DSC01215.jpg
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/Hollywood%20Palladium/DSC01213.jpg
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/Hollywood%20Palladium/DSC01216.jpg
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii537/offspring2012/Hollywood%20Palladium/DSC01209.jpg

ChildC2017
10-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Here are a bunch of the photos I took (I'd imbed them all but it would load really slowly): http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazyskyline/sets/72157631704149443/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazyskyline/8059245736/in/set-72157631704149443/

cool 2 hate 681
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
show review http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/bring-373841-mayhem-offspring.html

i think that guy is wrong dexter is a better singer then the girl from dead sara ^

also is it me or did oc guns kill the crowd? i think they could have played jennifer lost the war or something and it would have got the same reaction maybe even better?

FeliciaNitro
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
yup agree with you oc guns was a weird choice and felt a little off. really loved gone away with the girl from dead sara though. i thought it was beautiful but of course i would have rather preferred dexter singing by himself on the piano :) ashamed to say i got almost black out drunk that night luckily i have some videos recorded. but my drunken singing is really embarrassing and at some places is even louder than the music :/ super fun though and great pics!

cool 2 hate 681
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
i would have preferred if they did the regular version