PDA

View Full Version : anti-war

lost_nvrfound
02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
got an idea!

back during the vietnam war, ppl wore armbands in protest of the war... yeah, at one point, high schools were saying that if students wore them they'd be suspended... so students who wore them got suspended... then the school systems got sued for infringement of the first amendment, and students were then allowed to wear said armbands... i think they were red

but yeah... i thought that was a cool concept and i think it should be started again in protest of the war in iraq... except different... u kno, like at least a different color armband or something...

yay or nay...

LostMind
02-14-2005, 09:46 PM
uhh i`m not really sure but what do u think?

BlackCat
02-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Nazis had armbands too. I bet you think that's so cool.

PrettyInPink_DeadInRed
02-15-2005, 04:10 AM
i think its a good idea but will ne1 listen and take note? can it really help?

RXP
02-15-2005, 04:28 AM
The hippies were out in my uni yesterday protesting the war. Shame none of them actually know anything about the world, however.

Serafin Negro
02-15-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm a little bit Hippi and I agree their ideas: so do peace and not war...

lost_nvrfound
02-19-2005, 08:11 AM
i think its a good idea but will ne1 listen and take note? can it really help?

idk if it'll do any good but if we here at offspring.com can start something like that, at least evry1 will soon be aware of all the ppl who are against the war... i don't think the ppl high up realize just how many ppl are anti-war... or if they do their just ignoring it...

but mostly i think it'd be kinda cool... :cool:

SCIF
02-19-2005, 04:53 PM
u use avator nirvana!!!
u dont fan NIRVANA u shit hippie!
fucking gringo!!!

SkunkIt
02-19-2005, 05:03 PM
got an idea!

back during the vietnam war, ppl wore armbands in protest of the war... yeah, at one point, high schools were saying that if students wore them they'd be suspended... so students who wore them got suspended... then the school systems got sued for infringement of the first amendment, and students were then allowed to wear said armbands... i think they were red

but yeah... i thought that was a cool concept and i think it should be started again in protest of the war in iraq... except different... u kno, like at least a different color armband or something...

yay or nay...

Anti-Flag already tried this a long time ago. The president's a cunt and won't listen to anyone.

Serafin Negro
02-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Fuck you!
Nirvana was a an of the Hippi music, Kurt start to play the Beatles music and Krist had the complete collection of the Betles songs!
With his first girlfriend Kurt took LSD...like the Hippi!

akira
02-22-2005, 06:08 AM
> NOFX - Always hate hippies :D
Anyway !

Anti-Flag already tried this a long time ago. The president's a cunt and won't listen to anyone.
That's right ... but if I was living in a country that had troops in Iraq, I would wear a sign of opposition I think ...

Iddy
02-22-2005, 12:02 PM
before the war we protested... they still went

during the war we protest... they still stay

i'm not saying that protest doesn't work, its just this was something that was going to happen whether or not we wanted it. what we should be doing is figuring out ways to live in this world and pass down our knowledge to our children so that they don't do the same.

wheelchairman
02-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Peaceful protests are far too meaningless. No Government would pay attention to that. But when the People become violently-anti-government, then Governments have to listen (for if they don't, there is no pretense behind their 'democracy.'). This war was not done in the interests of *any* people, so they (the governments) had to expect there would be protests.

And telling our children not to do this, won't work. We were told not to do this by the generation that lived through Vietnam, that didn't work, they had been told by the generation that bombed Hiroshima, that didn't work. You know?

Iddy
02-23-2005, 05:46 AM
And telling our children not to do this, won't work. We were told not to do this by the generation that lived through Vietnam, that didn't work, they had been told by the generation that bombed Hiroshima, that didn't work. You know?

what i mean is encouraging tolerance.. edging away from seeking revenge.

akira
02-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Peaceful protests are far too meaningless. No Government would pay attention to that. But when the People become violently-anti-government, then Governments have to listen (for if they don't, there is no pretense behind their 'democracy.'). This war was not done in the interests of *any* people, so they (the governments) had to expect there would be protests.

You're lucky not living in the US ... with that fucked up Patriot Act you'd be surrounded by SWAT forces or whatever ...

ninth
02-24-2005, 05:41 AM
You're lucky not living in the US ... with that fucked up Patriot Act you'd be surrounded by SWAT forces or whatever ...
Yes, because anyone that critizes the government or has a different political view than GWB is tied down and censored by the Patriot Act. God Bless America, right? People protest on the corner of 1st Avenue and 1st Street every Friday, surrounded by SWAT teams with big black pieces of cardboard to cover their anti-war signs. Oh wait, I'm lying.

lost_nvrfound
02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Just decided 2 respond 2 this, thought of the best way to do it:

Nazis had armbands too. I bet you think that's so cool.

SHUT THE FUCK UP U STINKIN BASTARD!!!

lost_nvrfound
02-25-2005, 03:42 PM
i was talkin to my friend about this the other day and she said that'd b pretty awesome... she also said the armbands (or w/e) should be white...

wheelchairman
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah you're going on ignore.

lost_nvrfound
02-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah you're going on ignore.
...(question mark)...

GreenTerror
02-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Make love, not war!
This armband thing sounds like a good idea, but I doubt anyone would give a shit, and it'd be completely pointless.
P.S, to: akira, just looking at your avatar gives me a headache, damn circles!

KappaWing
02-26-2005, 09:22 PM
People at my school have so many armbands on it's rediculous. No one reads them, or cares about them. The armband at our school ceases to become a sign of whatever your opinon is and becomes something far more demented, a social mark to identify oneself with a particular popular group.

In short, wearing armbands is not an effective way to curb government stupidity. Armed revolt would be far more effective, although that would contradict the original purpose of trying to stop a war. Quite a dilemma indeed.

lost_nvrfound
02-27-2005, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=KappaWing]People at my school have so many armbands on it's rediculous.QUOTE]

u mean those cheap rubber bracelets that evry1 wears? i'm not talking bout something like that...i'm talkin bout wearin a sweatband or a piece of cloth tied above the elbow over clothes ans such...so that it is always visible... u get wut i'm sayin?

KappaWing
03-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah but still...

It would probably dissolve into just another silly fad with people forgetting what the cloth REALLY stands for.

lost_nvrfound
03-20-2005, 08:16 PM
that is a possibility... but its not a really big possibility... there are too many pro-bush ppl for the meaning to be lost... besides... most of the ppl i kno who like to ruin good things like that are way too fashionable to wear an armband over their clothes like that...

well... that didn't come out exactly how i wanted to say it but u get my point i hope :)

Skate Rat 19
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
in hackett middle school(where i go) we aren't allowed to wear Live Strong (anti cancer) bands because the promote "Gang Violence"

lost_nvrfound
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
in hackett middle school(where i go) we aren't allowed to wear Live Strong (anti cancer) bands because the promote "Gang Violence"
omg...thats crazy as crazy gets man!... bandanas are one thing but that makes no sense...ppl should wear them anyways, and then when the school tries to suspend them they could file a lawsuit for violation of free speech...its happened b4... and the kids won...