PDA

View Full Version : what originality!

Lord_Gabo
08-23-2012, 03:56 AM
I've notice somewhere that green day will play entirely dookie in this tour.. This sound familiar..

Chainsaw
08-23-2012, 04:05 AM
So what? Good news for Green Day fans.

Rooster
08-23-2012, 04:25 AM
General Offspring Discussion

Lord_Gabo
08-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Ok I'm been a little bit lazy today! :)

Dexter_italy
08-23-2012, 07:50 AM
that's what I thought too Gabo eheh... but even Metallica are playing whole albums in some shows. Dookie then is really better than their last shit....so good news ahahah

SeanAshmore
08-23-2012, 07:53 AM
The Offspring are neither the first nor the last band to do this in celebration of an album release. As somebody said above though, I'd rather listen to Dookie than the new song they have out. If it wasn't Greenday and wasn't produced in such a professional manner it never would have made it past the bands Facebook page, really woeful song from a band who can and have produced much better (and I include their recent albums in that statement also).

camilo andres
08-23-2012, 07:53 AM
So where's the problem?

Hundreds of bands have done the same, right now I remember Metallica, Megadeth, obviously Offspring and now Green Day, so I don't see the point of this thread

BagOfShenanigans
08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
I will never understand the petty rivalry between fans of this band and those of Green Day.

_Lost_
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Might actually be a green day show worth going to. I wonder if they stop somewhere close by.

Little_Miss_1565
08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Other bands that have toured playing an entire album front to back as part of an anniversary or money grab or whatever:

Jimmy Eat World
Nada Surf
Metallica
Bruce Springsteen
Aerosmith
Motley Crue
The Decemberists
Mastodon
Public Enemy
The Stooges
Sonic Youth
Blondie

Chill the heck out, y'all.

Llamas
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Other bands that have toured playing an entire album front to back as part of an anniversary or money grab or whatever:

Jimmy Eat World
Nada Surf
Metallica
Bruce Springsteen
Aerosmith
Motley Crue
The Decemberists
Mastodon
Public Enemy
The Stooges
Sonic Youth
Blondie

Chill the heck out, y'all.

Hanson. Hell, Hanson did a four-day show in England, where they played each of their four albums across those four days. I soooo wish I could've gone to that. Minus the first day, because their first album pretty much sucks.

Anyway, right. Not an original idea. The Offspring did not come up with this.

the_real_potomek
08-23-2012, 11:12 AM
That's actually the best idea Green Day has come up with since a long time ago.

KTILLA23
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't get why it's a bad thing if i was a Green Day fan this would be the best news ever (but I'm not). And like other people said a lot of other bands have played their albums in there entirety, and The Offspring are not the first band to play a whole album live.

Little_Miss_1565
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh, Nine Inch Nails, too. Almost forgot.

Thinking about Dookie for the first time in forever reminds me that I wanted to work out a ukulele cover of "Having a Blast."

killboybowerhead
08-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Im definitely going to go check that out. Dookie and Smash started it for me. Their new song is just boring though.. sounds like a decent song off nimrod but they go and cut the tempo in half. Its like ohh we want to be an indie band but we're gonna just play the same shit slower. Some of the other songs I have heard don't sound like green dayhead or whatever like Stay the night and Wild one sound sorta like warning.

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2012, 02:16 PM
the only good green day album but im still not going if i was ever going to see green day live it probably would have been in 2000 before they became a horrible band

also shouldn't this be in the official green day thread?

WeAreOne9
08-23-2012, 02:44 PM
I will never understand the petty rivalry between fans of this band and those of Green Day.

I find the rivalry for die hard green day vs. offspring fans, at least from people around my age or a bit older, results because Dookie or Smash were "gateway" albums into this type of music for a lot of people. Not saying you can't like both but they just have a special meaning for some.

Our Lady Peace played a clumsy only show, tickets sold out in like 20 minutes.

Pearl Jam should play Ten.

Tiny Vessels
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I would totally go and see Green Day play Dookie live. That would probably be the only Green Day concert I would go to.

I also think Coheed And Cambria did a concert like that.

Our Lady Peace- Clumsy is a good song, I really like it.

Little_Miss_1565
08-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Im definitely going to go check that out. Dookie and Smash started it for me. Their new song is just boring though.. sounds like a decent song off nimrod but they go and cut the tempo in half. Its like ohh we want to be an indie band but we're gonna just play the same shit slower. Some of the other songs I have heard don't sound like green dayhead or whatever like Stay the night and Wild one sound sorta like warning.

Green Day's non-Dookie output has been more like their first two albums. One of the only bands that gets shit for going back to their roots.

_Lost_
08-23-2012, 03:44 PM
If the Offspring did the same thing, they would probably take a lot of shit over it. Of course, some of the "MOAR OL SKOOL" fans would eat that shizz up, but everyone else would be like "Wtf happened to growing as musicians? Grow up Offspringz"

MAXTER
08-23-2012, 03:47 PM
isn't dookie album from 1994? and why they play this year for 18th anniversary and not in next 2 years?

I saw Jimmy Eat World last year in Frankfurt in a small club 250 people, kinda of a secret show, where they've played "Bleed American" album in it's entirety for 10th anniversary! that was a good show! really! :D

cool 2 hate 681
08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
If the Offspring did the same thing, they would probably take a lot of shit over it. Of course, some of the "MOAR OL SKOOL" fans would eat that shizz up, but everyone else would be like "Wtf happened to growing as musicians? Grow up Offspringz"

i think the majority of people would like it if they made a old school punk album rather then silly songs like cruising california which no one outside this forum likes

but that's not going to happen

Outerspaceman21
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I also think Coheed And Cambria did a concert like that.

They did, it was actually a live CD/DVD boxset, Neverender. They preformed their then entire discography (4 albums) front to back over the course of 4 nights (1 album a night, starting with their first)