PDA

View Full Version : Why the new guy?

Jason_Voorhees
08-29-2012, 12:07 AM
They had him when I saw them in 2010 and hes distracting, I just want the boys!
They don't even need him, so why is he there?

Slim.Pickens
08-29-2012, 01:14 AM
He is there isntead of Chriss Higgins, right?
They need one more guitarist for some songs, I think... But I really miss Chriss Higgins. He was a part of the band for me.

Where is he now, what does he?

Dexter_italy
08-29-2012, 01:24 AM
I really can't stand this annoying whining posts.... they had an extra member since Ixnay, for percussions, guitars, samples etc. Todd is awesome, he adds tone to the songs in live where Dexter doesn't play guitar and he does amazing backing vocals. And for example Days go by has 3 guitars in it and it is perfect live with him.

Krojd
08-29-2012, 01:55 AM

I absolutely don't get this.

Puschka
08-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Todd rocks!

_Lost_
08-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Like everyone said, they've had an extra person on stage for years. And let's face it, Todd is far less distracting than Higgins. Now THAT guy, is a total ham. Love him though.

Lord_Gabo
08-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Todd is for me DEFINITELY an offspring member like Chris Higgins was

TheOldMark
08-29-2012, 08:13 AM
hes sort of a band assistant in a way that Higgins was. Dexter likes to jump around and provide stage presence, which is easier to do if someone else plays his guitar parts. Being that the dude (i dont know his name) isn't an official band member, he stands in the back.

nightvision
08-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Todd is awesome

Todd rocks!

Todd is far less distracting than Higgins.

Todd is for me DEFINITELY an offspring member like Chris Higgins was

Being that the dude (i dont know his name) isn't an official band member, he stands in the back.

Hey Mark, his name is Todd.

Puschka
08-29-2012, 12:49 PM

hahahahahahaha

RonWelty
08-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Green Day have a "todd" too.

cool 2 hate 681
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM

yeah they had him since 1994 haven't they?

i think they have 2 or 3 touring members or at least they did last time i checked

anyway i do like offspring as a four piece better without the 3rd guitar player

Tijs
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
The third guitarist definitely adds to that 'wall of sound' that makes Offspring concerts so damn good. It just works so much better.

Without Todd, Dexter would have to take on guitar during Dividing By Zero/Slim Pickens, it's so much better with him walking around All I Want-style.

It just works. And Todd seems to enjoy being in the band a lot, just look at the fun he's having with Noodles on stage, especially during Self Esteem.

sneedo83
08-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Let's just hope the Offspring don't decide to start wearing makeup like Green Day.

killboybowerhead
08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
I think its awesome that he is visible because half or more of the bands out there have their guitar tech or whatever backstage doing the same shit for a lot of parts.
Plus isnt this guy from H20. Thats an awesome band... it aint some rando.

Oxygene
08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I think its awesome that he is visible because half or more of the bands out there have their guitar tech or whatever backstage doing the same shit for a lot of parts.
Plus isnt this guy from H20. Thats an awesome band... it aint some rando.

Yeah Todd is awesome... I used to have a badass H2O shirt.. No idea where it is tho :(

Tijs
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
The only H2O shirt I ever owned I gave away because I look ridiculous in a tank top.

bouncingcoles
08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
probably because they feel the overall sound live is better with three guitars. His name is Todd Morse and he plays guitar with his brother Toby in the punk/hardcore band H20 (good band)

Pedrosky
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM

They always have had one back up member or since 1997 i don't really remember ! and they do need one now! Since dexter doesn't play all the songs on guitar then they need a 3rd guitarrist! and c'mon greg k doesn't do great backing vocals and they need at least 2 backing vocalist to make the songs sound good

Pedrosky
08-29-2012, 09:29 PM
And by the way Todd is good ontage! he does great backing vocals and he's a good guitar player .! All of us miss x-13 but he's no longer with the band... And I Hope todd may stay with the band for a long time ..!

Amiralanal
08-29-2012, 09:56 PM
But the thing is that Higgins did not play guitar on every song (far from).
So the question remains, why the need for 3 guitars? Has their sound become better than before when only dexter and noodles played?

Pedrosky
08-29-2012, 11:59 PM
But the thing is that Higgins did not play guitar on every song (far from).
So the question remains, why the need for 3 guitars? Has their sound become better than before when only dexter and noodles played?

Actually higgins played guitar on the kids aren't alright and the worst hangover ever and he used to do percussion and other stuff on hit that,get a job and pretty fly ! And 3 rd guitarrist need only the band know! But I think they use todd as a 3rd or 2nd(sometimes when dexter doesn't play) to add sound and make the performance better so as he is a good backing vocalist ..

Little_Miss_1565
08-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Do they really need more of a reason than "Because they wanted to have 3 guitar players on tour and also Todd is the bomb"?

Eskimo
08-30-2012, 01:36 AM
I could kind of do without the dude too, personally, but that's just 'cause I'm old. And grouchy and bitchy.

Nothing really against him, though, just personal preference. The four core guys alone, or Higgins, I say, one or the other. But I see how it frees them up and shit, add a little more beefy sound and let Dexter concentrate a bit more on the frontman stuff.

Tomato, potato, etc.

OC HAU
08-30-2012, 05:06 AM
One thing I've learned from little miss, it's always a simple explanation or at least don't forget to think about a simple one. She listed 2 reasons though, that's a binary complexity. :d But, I noticed that sometimes is good to think about 2 reasons. Anyway, check out his band to give them more reasons. :d ...a road to paranoia...and the assholes won't tell you why...

jacknife737
08-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Todd is good people.

OC HAU
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Todd is the bomb and bombs are not good.

Tiny Vessels
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM

When you say something is the bomb that means its awesome.

ps. its not the bomb, its da bomb.

_Lost_
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I would imagine he is familiar with slang.

Lord_Gabo
08-31-2012, 02:52 AM
There was a live show next to rafrag era.. Maybe rock in Rio if I'm not wrong where they're played without the added guitarrist.. The sound was less powerful.. If U compare any song of that live with the "new 5 members formation" you'll understand what I mean..

Eskimo
08-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Up shut the fuck, HAU, you irritating little bowel-movement.

I'm about to stab you with a spoon, lamewad.

samseby
08-31-2012, 05:00 AM
Who cares anyway if there's four or five guys on stage?

nightvision
08-31-2012, 05:40 AM
Who cares anyway if there's four or five guys on stage?

Well said sir.

Eskimo
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
You're right, it doesn't matter at all. It's just the different eras of the band I guess, what you're used to. I prefer them without a "non-band-member-but-touring-guy" guitarist, as Higgins at least was almost like a band-member anyway, the people since just seem more hired guns.

But it's all good.

cool 2 hate 681
08-31-2012, 08:31 AM
There was a live show next to rafrag era.. Maybe rock in Rio if I'm not wrong where they're played without the added guitarrist.. The sound was less powerful.. If U compare any song of that live with the "new 5 members formation" you'll understand what I mean..

it definitely wasn't rock in rio they had warren fitzgerald from the vandals touring with them at that time

Little_Miss_1565
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM
One thing I've learned from little miss, it's always a simple explanation or at least don't forget to think about a simple one.

To listen to some of this forum conjecture endlessly you'd think they imagine Dexter in wood-paneled office somewhere, looking at the forum while stroking his chin (and maybe petting an evil cat), coming up with ways to fuck with you guys. This is not the case. I haven't had a conversation with Dexter about why Todd / Warren Fitzgerald / Higgins / Anyone else they've ever taken on the road with them, but I'm reasonably sure the answer would be "because we thought it would sound awesome that way, oh and he's our friend and the scheduling worked out." Kind of like the same reason they had Josh Freese play on half the songs of the album.

BigFish
09-01-2012, 08:17 AM
I have no problem with Todd, but am I the only one that actually enjoys it more when Dexter plays guitar?

Tijs
09-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I like when he sometimes plays guitar and when sometimes he doesn't.

Eskimo
09-01-2012, 11:04 PM
:p Pick a side, pussy.

TheJakes84
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Todd is a decent guitarist and back-up vocalist.

OC HAU
09-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Todd can play the piano too! He is a serious musician. And he's got 2 stick-out-tongues at the end of his name. :dd

_Lost_
09-09-2012, 05:08 AM
eww HAU! Why are you trying to lick your boogers?!?

OC HAU
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm just having fun with my buddy booger TheJakes84. :dd

He seems to be a copy of Dexter. Guitar, vocals and piano. I wonder what else they can do. Dex could do some drums maybe...that's almost like Grohl, not sure about piano.

TheJakes84
09-09-2012, 11:33 PM
OC HAU lol you totally amuse the fuck outta me and i shit you not thanx buddy ol' pal

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Bombs are great. They kill people and free up oxygen for the rest of us.

Up shut the fuck, HAU, you irritating little bowel-movement.

I'm about to stab you with a spoon, lamewad.
Do you have a book full of clever yet childish insults? I love them.