PDA

View Full Version : set lists

TheOldMark
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm not seeing a lot of set lists for this tour leg. Here or in the fan journals. Could you guys indulge me, please?

Little_Miss_1565
08-29-2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.setlist.fm

Gustavo
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/en/?page=live

The set-lists in this page are also very accurate.

nightvision
08-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Am I missing something here or have they only played four songs from the new album?

cool 2 hate 681
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Am I missing something here or have they only played four songs from the new album?

yes only 4 songs days go by the future is now dividing by zero and slim pickens

and they played dirty magic 6 times at the ignition shows if you count that

KTILLA23
08-29-2012, 02:12 PM

Yeah they have played four songs, i hope they play more over the next few shows.

Oxygene
08-29-2012, 03:07 PM

They didnt play the days go by version

And thank goodnes for /0 and SP.. I need to hear those live before I die...

RobinoZombie
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
/0 & SP might be the best live songs in the last 13 years

samseby
08-31-2012, 05:04 AM
Well, let's hope they keep those in exchange for some other stuff :p

Americana98
09-02-2012, 10:17 PM
4 songs from a new album's pretty good, I don't think they usually play more than like 2.

Dexter_italy
09-03-2012, 12:49 AM
they do when the album is released, but then they play less if the album isn't well received. With the new album I think they shoul play 6 or 7 new songs and then the classics...

cool 2 hate 681
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
for rafrag the maximum usually was 4 songs a show for splinter it was about 6 like days go by but it didn't seem that much because the noose when your in prison and da hui are very short when your in prison would be outro music after self esteem

mrXniick
09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
for rafrag the maximum usually was 4 songs a show for splinter it was about 6 like days go by but it didn't seem that much because the noose when your in prison and da hui are very short when your in prison would be outro music after self esteem

I remember during the shit is fucked up tour, they played more from RAFRAG. The played Stuff is Messed Up, Half Truism, Hammerhead, YGGFK and Kristy. I miss them playing stuff is messed up and hammerhead

cool 2 hate 681
09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I remember during the shit is fucked up tour, they played more from RAFRAG. The played Stuff is Messed Up, Half Truism, Hammerhead, YGGFK and Kristy. I miss them playing stuff is messed up and hammerhead

oh yeah me too i never got to see half truism live either rafrag is the only song where they cut the first single from the setlist i guess because it's too long?

ZeQuebecois
09-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while! Just came back from the show of my life in the Metropolis (Montreal), i will narrate all that in the fan journals later, now it's getting a bit late.

Anyway, those of you requesting more new songs are going to be happy, they played 6 from Days Go By!

Opening with Hurting as One, they played later on (not in the exact order) Days Go By, /0, SP, Turning Into You and OC Guns. As always, all interpreted at the perfection! Everybody was going crazy for the first 4 songs, reception was a little smoother for Turning Into You and OC Guns, maybe because they're slower songs.
It was really great to hear some of their new stuff, it mixes perfectly with the rest of their repertoire
Haven't seen any videos yet, maybe will they come soon!

cool 2 hate 681
09-03-2012, 11:10 PM
reception was a little smoother for Turning Into You and OC Guns, maybe because they're slower songs

i wonder if dirty magic would get a better reception?

Dirty Magic
09-04-2012, 05:44 AM
I remember during the Splinter tour, I heard Neocon, The Noose, Long Way Home, Hit That, CGMHAY, The Worst Hangover Ever, Spare Me The Details, and Da Hui. In an ideal world, I'm hoping they'll play the entire new album with the exception of CC, All I have Left is You, OC Guns, and IWASFWY.

Pedrosky
09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Well they used to play like 6 or 7 songs during splinter tour ! and I don't know why they didn't play so much songs for RAFRAG tour ,they were like 4 or 5 songs and always the same (YGGFK,Kristy,Hammerhead,SIMU and sometimes Half Truism) I really hope that in DAYS GO BY Tour they keep songs like Hurting as one,Turning into you,Dividing by zero,Slim pickens and The future is now,and add Dirty magic and Secrets from the underground besides the classic days go by!

cool 2 hate 681
09-04-2012, 11:23 AM
I remember during the Splinter tour, I heard Neocon, The Noose, Long Way Home, Hit That, CGMHAY, The Worst Hangover Ever, Spare Me The Details, and Da Hui. In an ideal world, I'm hoping they'll play the entire new album with the exception of CC, All I have Left is You, OC Guns, and IWASFWY.

yeah i agree those were the 4 songs i hated when i first heard the album

ZeQuebecois
09-04-2012, 10:25 PM

I think so! At the end of the show a guy next to me was actually craving to hear Dirty Magic. But I gotta say that Hurting As One is a GREAT way to kick off a show.
By the way, I just checked Toronto's setlist on setlist.fm, and yesterday was very similar.

They are playing an acoustic set tomorrow at 5:30 PM at Musiqueplus (2 songs) and are supposed to play tomorrow night at the Metropolis. Maybe some more songs there?

However, I wonder if that last show might be cancelled, due to what JUST happened there. Assassination attempt toward our next premier, 1 death and 1 injured, with a fire lit in the back. If there's an investigation, it might disturb the set.

That's what Noodle's last tweet (I hope he wasn't aware of the casualty when he tweeted that... :/ ) was about.

samseby
09-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Guess so. I thought it was part of the plan for re-recording it to
a) put it on the album
b) perform it live ...

cool 2 hate 681
09-05-2012, 12:14 PM
I think so! At the end of the show a guy next to me was actually craving to hear Dirty Magic. But I gotta say that Hurting As One is a GREAT way to kick off a show.
By the way, I just checked Toronto's setlist on setlist.fm, and yesterday was very similar.

They are playing an acoustic set tomorrow at 5:30 PM at Musiqueplus (2 songs) and are supposed to play tomorrow night at the Metropolis. Maybe some more songs there?

However, I wonder if that last show might be cancelled, due to what JUST happened there. Assassination attempt toward our next premier, 1 death and 1 injured, with a fire lit in the back. If there's an investigation, it might disturb the set.

That's what Noodle's last tweet (I hope he wasn't aware of the casualty when he tweeted that... :/ ) was about.

yeah the show was moved to the Olympia Theater

_Lost_
09-05-2012, 12:15 PM
yeah the show was cancelled :(

https://twitter.com/offspring/status/243424628687646720

cool 2 hate 681
09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/offspring/status/243424628687646720

yeah i edited it :) pete and todd posted on facebook it was canceled this morning but they deleted it like 15 minutes ago

ZeQuebecois
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Olympia is a little bit smaller from what i remember, but still a great venue!

cool 2 hate 681
09-06-2012, 11:05 PM
setlist from boston they played gone away with the singer of dead sara

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/house-of-blues-boston-ma-bdc41c2.html

_Lost_
09-06-2012, 11:54 PM
odd...

I saw dead sara open for the used earlier this year. The band itself is horrible and can't decide what their sound is. Some songs are like thrash metal, but others are soft bluesy rock. Not to mention, the band mates lack showmanship. BUT the singer is phenomenal!

I would definitely like to see a video of this.

cool 2 hate 681
09-07-2012, 12:15 AM
odd...

I saw dead sara open for the used earlier this year. The band itself is horrible and can't decide what their sound is. Some songs are like thrash metal, but others are soft bluesy rock. Not to mention, the band mates lack showmanship. BUT the singer is phenomenal!

I would definitely like to see a video of this.

i found a pic https://twitter.com/klafounta/status/243941662093619200/photo/1

she probably had to learn the lyrics right before

Little_Miss_1565
09-08-2012, 07:07 AM

If there's one thing I know about this band, it's that they don't just "do" stuff -- Don't forget how long they spent working on their last two albums. I'm sure they've been rehearsing it.

OC HAU
09-08-2012, 09:13 AM
I wanna see!

Anyway, Dead Sara, Weatherman sounds like Pearl Jam, Rage Against The Machine and Bruce Springsteen. Not my taste, but I like Jeremy. Wild, gay and mindless American rock. :d

samseby
09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRpIA9aSBp0
Well, up to you to decide ... I won't say a thing.

Dexter_italy
09-08-2012, 11:14 PM
If there's one thing I know about this band, it's that they don't just "do" stuff -- Don't forget how long they spent working on their last two albums. I'm sure they've been rehearsing it.

True! Watching the video this was something that got prepared long in advance :) I could've believed an improvisation if it had been during a standard version, but this? no way, it was well rehearsed.

_Lost_
09-09-2012, 05:07 AM
I would like to see this live. I hope it isn't a one time thing.

Dexter_italy
09-09-2012, 05:09 AM
I would like to see this live. I hope it isn't a one time thing.

I think it is because supporting bands change almost from show to show

_Lost_
09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Dead Sara is playing in nearly all of their U.S. dates. They aren't playing at the Weenie Roast in Charlotte, but are playing the night before at what has been dubbed the "Teeny Weenie", so they'll be here in town.

Dexter_italy
09-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Dead Sara is playing in nearly all of their U.S. dates. They aren't playing at the Weenie Roast in Charlotte, but are playing the night before at what has been dubbed the "Teeny Weenie", so they'll be here in town.

Oh well then it could happen other nights too yeah :) it'd be cool to have some high quality videos!

brothadave79
09-09-2012, 11:18 AM

I don't think they had rehearsed it very much if they did. The lead singer of Dead Sara didn't know the lyrics at all. They were taped to the floor in front of her and she was staring down reading them the whole time during the verses. And the lyrics are not difficult to memorize.

Edit: I didn't mean to sound critical of her. I just meant to say that I don't think it was prepared very carefully. The crowd seemed to like it though.

Little_Miss_1565
09-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't think they had rehearsed it very much if they did. The lead singer of Dead Sara didn't know the lyrics at all. They were taped to the floor in front of her and she was staring down reading them the whole time during the verses. And the lyrics are not difficult to memorize.

Edit: I didn't mean to sound critical of her. I just meant to say that I don't think it was prepared very carefully. The crowd seemed to like it though.

Well, nerves are one thing. You might be surprised at the number of musicians you really like who regularly have lyrics taped next to the setlist.

brothadave79
09-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, nerves are one thing. You might be surprised at the number of musicians you really like who regularly have lyrics taped next to the setlist.

That's a good point. It was just a little distracting during those parts.

Mark Rooster
09-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Saw them tonight and really enjoyed "Gone Away". I thought she did a good job.

Lupin
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm absolutely loving the piano version of Gone Away. The duet with the female singer added to the song, it's great that the 'spring can put a song like that into their set.

TheOldMark
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
4 songs from a new album's pretty good, I don't think they usually play more than like 2.

this is true. 4 is actually kinda high. the only thing im surprised with, theyre not playing Crusin California and its a single.
They know most people arent seeing them for their new stuff, but for promotion purposes they have to impress people with new ones.

Why they're not playing Dirty Magic regularly is beyond me. Satisfies old and new fans.

cool 2 hate 681
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
they are playing 6 new songs this tour actually

also i don't know why they don't play dirty magic either or the future is now which is really awesome live

offspringiztheshit
09-12-2012, 08:19 AM
How long (time wise) is the average offspring set? because im seeing them this saturday where they are headlining a festival and they have been alloted 1 hour and 15 minutes. i was just wondering if that is a full set

Dexter_italy
09-12-2012, 08:40 AM
How long (time wise) is the average offspring set? because im seeing them this saturday where they are headlining a festival and they have been alloted 1 hour and 15 minutes. i was just wondering if that is a full set

Yes it is, sometimes something less sometimes it can last 1h20\30 if they do somethin particular or 2 songs more than usual

Rob f
09-14-2012, 06:21 AM
they played o.c. guns, slim pickins, dividng by zero, days go by, turning into you, and opened with hurtin as one. fantastic show, super high energy crowd !! played for 1 1/2 hours

samseby
09-17-2012, 04:52 AM
[...] the only thing im surprised with, theyre not playing Crusin California and its a single.
[...]

All I can say is thank God they aren't! :p
Whereas Dirty Magic would be great :)

cool 2 hate 681
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
im sure if they could play it they would at every single show

F@ BANKZ
09-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Interesting choice for opening with Hurting as One a fair bit lately. The song was possibly the most forgettable from the album for me. Not the worst by any means though just sort of a typical offspring song in many ways. Nice to see they're still going with some audacious choices to open with still now and again though.

cool 2 hate 681
09-27-2012, 11:29 PM
anyone have the setlist from the show in denver?

KTILLA23
09-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Here you go: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/fillmore-auditorium-denver-co-43dddf03.html

Spare me the Details!!!!

cool 2 hate 681
09-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Here you go: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/fillmore-auditorium-denver-co-43dddf03.html

Spare me the Details!!!!

thank you :)

i know they always play spare me the details in denver but i really wish they wouldn't

Puschka
09-28-2012, 05:04 AM

Spare me the Details!!!!

Spare Me The Details! awesome!!!!

samseby
09-28-2012, 05:26 AM
Spare me the details!!!! - :D Ha!

Still no CC?! :p

KTILLA23
09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Here's some videos with good quality.

Come Out And Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XRR2tC3uJ4
Bad Habit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZTKL2EGJU&feature=channel&list=UL

And a video of some weirdo girl dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2EKv0Hawo

cool 2 hate 681
09-30-2012, 02:17 PM
anyone have the setlist from the pain in the grass radio show last night ???

KTILLA23
10-01-2012, 12:31 AM
anyone have the setlist from the pain in the grass radio show last night ???

Not yet but found some videos:

All i Want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9l3487AFE
Gotta Get Away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2THG0w580Nc&feature=channel&list=UL

And this guy has some video on his channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wollywaveweird?feature=watch

cool 2 hate 681
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM

anyone have a setlist from the show in arizona?

NEOCON99
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM

anyone have a setlist from the show in arizona?

Last night in tucson az they started with All I want, come out and play, days go by, then (I don't remember the exact order) have you ever, staring at the sun, christy are you doing ok, why don't you get a job, gone away, turning into you, slim pickens..., prett fly, , gotta get away, the kids aren't allright, (encore) can't get my head arround you, self steem

Pedrosky
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
So it should be something like this:

01.All I Want
02.Come out and play
03.Days Go By
04.Have you Ever
05.Staring At the sun
06.Gone Away
07.Turning into you
08.Gotta Get Away
09.Kristy,are you doing okay?
10.Why don't you get a job?
11.Slim Pickens
12.You're gonna go far kid
13.Pretty Fly
14.The Kids aren't alright
Encore
15.Head around you
16.Self esteem

if it was like this it was a short set :S

cool 2 hate 681
10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
So it should be something like this:

01.All I Want
02.Come out and play
03.Days Go By
04.Have you Ever
05.Staring At the sun
06.Gone Away
07.Turning into you
08.Gotta Get Away
09.Kristy,are you doing okay?
10.Why don't you get a job?
11.Slim Pickens
12.You're gonna go far kid
13.Pretty Fly
14.The Kids aren't alright
Encore
15.Head around you
16.Self esteem

if it was like this it was a short set :S

well it was a festival

thank you NEOCON99 :)

Thomas
10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it was a relatively short set (I think they could have squeezed another song in there before the 10:00 curfew) but they had a pretty good variety of songs! They definitely nailed the set!

cool 2 hate 681
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah, it was a relatively short set (I think they could have squeezed another song in there before the 10:00 curfew) but they had a pretty good variety of songs! They definitely nailed the set!

did they do the fake encore? i hate how they do that they could fit in one or two more songs if they keep playing

Thomas
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah, they definitely did. Although to be fair, I don't think I've ever been to a big rock concert where the band didn't do that, except for maybe Rush.

Pedrosky
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
did they do the fake encore? i hate how they do that they could fit in one or two more songs if they keep playing

What is a fake encore??? and sorry for my ignorance

Gustavo
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
What is a fake encore??? and sorry for my ignorance

When a band supposedly ends a concert, goes out of the stage and then comes back for "a couple more songs", but these songs were already planned on being played, they were written in the set-list and bla bla bla.

cool 2 hate 681
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah, they definitely did. Although to be fair, I don't think I've ever been to a big rock concert where the band didn't do that, except for maybe Rush.

i don't like how a lot of bands do that offspring didn't start doing it until the splinter tour in 2004

Pedrosky
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
When a band supposedly ends a concert, goes out of the stage and then comes back for "a couple more songs", but these songs were already planned on being played, they were written in the set-list and bla bla bla.

Thank you so much for letting me know :)

Jesus
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
i don't like how a lot of bands do that offspring didn't start doing it until the splinter tour in 2004

I think they have been doing that since 1994 on festivals and since 1999 on concerts. They did do an encore when I saw them on the Americana tour: pay the man, why don't you get a job, feelings.

cool 2 hate 681
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
they didn't do it when i saw them on the conspiracy of one tour but i think your right i remember seeing them doing it on some 1994 shows like the live voltage bootleg

Pedrosky
10-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Set list from San Jose civic auditorium according to setlist.fm
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-offspring/2012/san-jose-civic-auditorium-san-jose-ca-3ddc5fb.html

cool 2 hate 681
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
thank you :)

too bad they cut gotta get away :(

Selena74
10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Man, that sucks they cut "Gotta Get Away" from that show. I love that song!

cool 2 hate 681
10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
i wonder what the setlist will be in las vegas tonight since dead sara canceled to play a festival in texas maybe they will just play the regular version of the song?

Melyssa Kennedy
10-07-2012, 02:21 AM

They also play OC Guns.

cool 2 hate 681
10-07-2012, 11:56 AM
They also play OC Guns.

i wrote that before they played it