PDA

View Full Version : Slovak Offspring Revival Band(made of BBS members) debut live show this saturday!

dff_punk
09-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Surprise!

I hope the mods forgive me for putting this here, but I want this to get noticed and about "Your Band"... people check out that section not that often these days. If anything is wrong, just say it!

We have been keeping this a kind of a secret until now, but oh well, here goes. Four slovak members of the BBS have formed an occasional Offspring Revival Band(occasional because the members live 500 kilometers apart)! We have prepared a 20-song playlist which we will play for the first time together this saturday on a minifestival called "Slepačí Úlet (http://www.facebook.com/events/451974878167746/)"("Chicken Run"). The band consists of:

JANNY - drums
Dexterone - bass, backing vocals
JAAKUB15 - guitar, backing vocals
me(dff_punk) - guitar, *ugh* main vocals

The setlist is a surprise for now and I hope the BBS will support us and wish us luck! We are really stoked to play these songs because we are all long-time fans and The Offspring is in the veins of every member, so it'll be like a dream come true! Thanks for your support and there is a high chance the whole concert will be recorded! Stay tuned :)

Tijs
09-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Cool! Try to get some video and photos of it for the rest of us to enjoy.

holland25
09-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Surprise!

I hope the mods forgive me for putting this here, but I want this to get noticed and about "Your Band"... people check out that section not that often these days. If anything is wrong, just say it!

We have been keeping this a kind of a secret until now, but oh well, here goes. Four slovak members of the BBS have formed an occasional Offspring Revival Band(occasional because the members live 500 kilometers apart)! We have prepared a 20-song playlist which we will play for the first time together this saturday on a minifestival called "Slepačí Úlet (http://www.facebook.com/events/451974878167746/)"("Chicken Run"). The band consists of:

JANNY - drums
Dexterone - bass, backing vocals
JAAKUB15 - guitar, backing vocals
me(dff_punk) - guitar, *ugh* main vocals

The setlist is a surprise for now and I hope the BBS will support us and wish us luck! We are really stoked to play these songs because we are all long-time fans and The Offspring is in the veins of every member, so it'll be like a dream come true! Thanks for your support and there is a high chance the whole concert will be recorded! Stay tuned :)

Why didn't I know about this? I would have (at least partially) joined you :mad: fuk u :mad::mad:

OC HAU
09-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Davo will be your manager and I will be your record producer. :d

OC HAU
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
...and holland25 will be DJ.

cool 2 hate 681
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
cool good luck man :) hope to see some video

Blitz!
09-05-2012, 12:04 PM
This is fantastic news ... you guys are great musicians. Video & pics required

KTILLA23
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah how did this go? I would like to see some videos.

the_real_potomek
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Wooow, that's cool! Send us some pictures or records if possible, I'm very curious of your performance!

dff_punk
09-10-2012, 04:24 PM
It wasn't so bad. We only had like 4 rehearsals before the concert and it was pretty good I guess. One thing that bothered me was that we were really nervous during the first half(and we didn't play/sing anything before on that day) so especially my singing wasn't so entertaining but when we "embraced the stage" it was pretty cool and we played the second half really above average and I am really proud of us. And we did something really challenging that even The Offspring themselves don't do: We played all the songs in the original tuning! Don't know if it could be possible for other shows though. I truly hope that some videos will be posted, I just need to contact my friend who organized the festival. Oh and here is a photo teaser:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn154/dff_punk/offspringrevival.jpg

Tijs
09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Good thing you had those barriers.

KTILLA23
09-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds like it went good. Can't wait for you to post some videos! :)

randman21
09-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Looks like dexterone is doing the Greg K shuffle! Well done, guys. Hope to see/hear footage real soon.

KTILLA23
09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Looks like dexterone is doing the Greg K shuffle! Well done, guys. Hope to see/hear footage real soon.

Was thinking the same thing. LOL

dff_punk
09-11-2012, 06:20 AM
I still don't have any videos, but here is at least one treat, I'll give you the setlist. It's quite an impressive number of songs and my goal was to cover every Offspring album.

1. Have You Ever
2. Come Out And Play
3. Elders
4. Bad Habit
5. Get It Right
6. Gotta Get Away
7. Stuff Is Messed Up
8. What Happened To You?
9. Forever And A Day
10. Gone Away (feat. Dexterka)
11. Dirty Magic (feat. Dexterka)
12. Dividing By Zero
13. Slim Pickens
14. Kick Him When He's Down
15. Dammit, I Changed Again
16. Race Against Myself
17. Pretty Fly (feat. Dexterka)
18. L.A.P.D.
19. The Kids Aren't Alright
20. Want You Bad
21. Self Esteem (with "crowd" participation)

Some songs went good, some not so good, but we had a good time!

holland25
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
No Crossroads? No Tehran? No Nothing from Something? No Forever and a Day? No Something to Believe in? I guess I don't have to regret not going there that much after all ;)

KTILLA23
09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
All right setlist but needs more S/T songs.

Greekoldfan
09-11-2012, 10:29 AM
You have to mix-up the setlist more and play old staff... :P Just jocking!! The classical complaint about the band hehehe

cool 2 hate 681
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
great setlist :) i wish the offspring setlist was half this good

personal_loans_1
09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
No Cruising California??! Come oooooooooooooon. I'd like to see SIFU, oh sorry SIMU. You know what part. This scene is in a swimming pool? It looks like. There should be water in it then. That would be so Offspringish. Oh, and Lost could paint the girls gold.

dff_punk
09-11-2012, 01:51 PM
No Crossroads? No Tehran? No Nothing from Something? No Forever and a Day? No Something to Believe in? I guess I don't have to regret not going there that much after all ;)

Really? We might change up the setlist a little if you organize something in Trnava :P

Anyway, you don't know what long debate preceded the final setlist. We wanted to play a lot more songs, but we're not machines. And if you want to cover every album and not leave out at least the most important hits(we were not playing it just for us you see) it's really a hard job. It would be so much easier if The Offspring just had less good songs. I admit, we were arguing a lot about the setlist, some of us wanted this song, the other wanted that song, etc. and we are really happy to come out with this compromising setlist :) Now I see how hard it is for The Offspring themselves!

P.S.: Our special version of Cruising California was originally in the setlist, but we left it out. If we ever perform again(I hope we will), we might play it someday!

P.P.S.: I will have the videos within a week, sorry for the delay.

ad8
09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
That's a decent setlist! Hope you guys had fun (and recorded some videos :P )!

holland25
09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Really? We might change up the setlist a little if you organize something in Trnava :P

That might not be a problem. There's a pub with 3 stages that organizes concerts for new/underground bands every week. They (I think) do it all for free.

Smash punker
09-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Great job gyus. My SK friends, I´ve seen like 3 songs so far and I really love the idea of a reviving those songs :) Keep it up and I hope to join you and support you at one of your gigz :)

dff_punk
12-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Bump. I know I promised videos, we have been trying to get them sound better, but it's taking a bit long. So here's a sound snippet.

http://www.divshare.com/download/20644685-a33

Do you know how hard it is to sing The Offspring with original tuning? I apologize for some mistakes, instrumental or lyrical, but it was our first gig and I hope you like it. The snippet contains the end of Gotta Get Away, full What Happened To You, Forever And A Day, Gone Away(feat. Dexterka) and beginning of Dirty Magic (feat. Dexterka). Haha.

Zee
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Bump. I know I promised videos, we have been trying to get them sound better, but it's taking a bit long. So here's a sound snippet.

Do you know how hard it is to sing The Offspring with original tuning? I apologize for some mistakes, instrumental or lyrical, but it was our first gig and I hope you like it. The snippet contains the end of Gotta Get Away, full What Happened To You, Forever And A Day, Gone Away(feat. Dexterka) and beginning of Dirty Magic (feat. Dexterka). Haha.

Yeah, it's hard. When I try to do that, I sound so pathetic. Like a baby. :D Pretty good job, I really liked What Happened To You! The sound world instrumentally (drums mostly) is like from a bootlegs from Offspring's early Smash gigs, which I like. :p

cool 2 hate 681
12-24-2012, 05:47 PM
good job :)

nico33
12-24-2012, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=dff_punk;1490484]Bump. I know I promised videos, we have been trying to get them sound better, but it's taking a bit long. So here's a sound snippet.

great live guys :cool:

Greekoldfan
12-25-2012, 10:25 AM
cool!keep punk-rocking :)

dff_punk
05-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Bumping this, guys and girls, because we're having a second gig this saturday! Hopefully there will be more material from the first one and some deep cuts(as I saw the thread) will be played too! 24 songs! Woohoo! Here's the flyer:

http://www.novekorzo.sk/files/01-4.5.2013-Offspring_rev.jpg

dff_punk
05-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Although it's totally great that for example it's been a year since we first heard Days Go By, I'd like to inform you there are people who play songs from The Offspring and working hard to justify their legacy. Haha. The second gig went great, we even had two encores which were unrehearsed, people were having so much fun, and so did we, and we have VIDEOS! Coming really(and this time I mean it), really soon. Here's the setlist with a lot of deep cuts to keep you interested:

1. Get it Right
2. Come out and play
3. One Fine day
4. Kick Him When He's down
5. All I want
6. Nothing from something
7. I choose
8. Hypodermic
9. Gotta Get Away
10. Dividing by zero
11. Slim Pickens
12. D.U.I.
13. Staring at the Sun
14. L.A.P.D.
15. Come Out Swinging
16. Gone Away
17. Amazed
18. Pretty Fly
19. Beheaded
20. Bad Habit
21. The Kids aren't Alright
ENCORE 1:
22. Cruising California
23. Forever and a day
24. Self Esteem
ENCORE 2(unexpected):
25. Blitzkrieg Bop
26. Want You Bad

There will be videos! :)

Lord_Gabo
05-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Although it's totally great that for example it's been a year since we first heard Days Go By, I'd like to inform you there are people who play songs from The Offspring and working hard to justify their legacy. Haha. The second gig went great, we even had two encores which were unrehearsed, people were having so much fun, and so did we, and we have VIDEOS! Coming really(and this time I mean it), really soon. Here's the setlist with a lot of deep cuts to keep you interested:

1. Get it Right
2. Come out and play
3. One Fine day
4. Kick Him When He's down
5. All I want
6. Nothing from something
7. I choose
8. Hypodermic
9. Gotta Get Away
10. Dividing by zero
11. Slim Pickens
12. D.U.I.
13. Staring at the Sun
14. L.A.P.D.
15. Come Out Swinging
16. Gone Away
17. Amazed
18. Pretty Fly
19. Beheaded
20. Bad Habit
21. The Kids aren't Alright
ENCORE 1:
22. Cruising California
23. Forever and a day
24. Self Esteem
ENCORE 2(unexpected):
25. Blitzkrieg Bop
26. Want You Bad

There will be videos! :)

good news!

Chainsaw
05-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Although it's totally great that for example it's been a year since we first heard Days Go By, I'd like to inform you there are people who play songs from The Offspring and working hard to justify their legacy.

I play their songs and justify their legacy, just at home.. alone..

Can't wait to see the vids :p.

cool 2 hate 681
05-06-2013, 11:04 AM
very cool :) look forward to seeing the videos

Greekoldfan
05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I hope one day THEY will play the setlist that you played!

ity mimozemšťan
05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
It's better to listen a gnashing of teeth than Dexterka.

dff_punk
05-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Boom. Whole concert!

from Get It Right(first song) to Beheaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WiDs87BRc0

from Beheaded to Self Esteem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7ELgMpcYU

Let us know what you think! I'm not gonna talk about video quality, details about songs, mistakes we made, good times we had, just see for yourselves!

Chainsaw
05-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Hey, I see you got Ron to do drums.

cool 2 hate 681
05-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Boom. Whole concert!

from Get It Right(first song) to Beheaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WiDs87BRc0

from Beheaded to Self Esteem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7ELgMpcYU

Let us know what you think! I'm not gonna talk about video quality, details about songs, mistakes we made, good times we had, just see for yourselves!

thanks for posting the videos :)

Lord_Gabo
05-18-2013, 02:30 PM
thumbs up guys! ;)

Greekoldfan
05-19-2013, 01:57 AM
wow.you're great dudes! gonna re-post the links to theoffspring.eu fb & twitter :)

personal_loans_1
05-20-2013, 10:51 AM
It was great to listen and great to watch. Congrats to everybody involved in that!

ity mimozemšťan
05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
It was great to listen and great to watch. Congrats to everybody involved in that!

Thank you.

slagod
05-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Really nice :) I hope Offspring some day do this set of song :)

JANNY
05-28-2013, 01:43 AM
wow.you're great dudes! gonna re-post the links to theoffspring.eu fb & twitter :)

Really nice :) I hope Offspring some day do this set of song :)

Thank you Guys! ;)