PDA

View Full Version : Do you belive in god?

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 11:44 AM
why?/why not?
which god?
!!sorry for posting this on a wrong board, accident!!

stathis21
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
of course no!!!
i hate priest,etc!!!!!

Chainsaw
02-15-2005, 11:53 AM
no i don't

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I don`t believe in god(=Christian God)...
there`s no more reason to believe in god than to believe in an imaginary friend.

it doesn`t matter whether you have faith or not,cos in the nature, there is no right and wrong, the nature feels no mercy, the nature feels nothing at all.
things just happen causally excluding the free will.

"religion is the opium of the masses"
-you should know who

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 11:59 AM
catholic priests are child molesters.
not all of them, but far too many..

NIX-on-the-MAN
02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Of course... Dexter... He's my god.

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
I am God. Everybody here believe in me. That's it, you can close the poll now.

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 12:12 PM
I am God. Everybody here believe in me. That's it, you can close the poll now.
what, you!!

god damn it! why didn`t you give me a new bike when I was a kid and wanted it so badly that I prayed it day and night?!

haha

Noodles is gay
02-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Meh, i clicked 'yes', but umm...not sure.

The big bang theory makes sense and since there is an infinite amount of time for universes to be made in, i reckon the chances of eventually getting it perfect (like ours; with life and everything) are pretty good because universes can be made forever. However, i guess it's comforting to think that there's some greater power behind it all and that something is watching over everything. So yeah, i dunno, i voted 'yes' though...i guess that says it all.

Revolver-2005?
02-15-2005, 12:19 PM
i believe in god....at this point though i dunno why

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:19 PM
what, you!!

god damn it! why didn`t you give me a new bike when I was a kid and wanted it so badly that I prayed it day and night?!

haha
There are people with bigger problems, but don't care, you're on my list of wishes to grant. You're #8798698768789440959034685. You'll probably receive your bike in 2356.

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
There are people with bigger problems, but don't care, you're on my list of wishes to grant. You're #8798698768789440959034685. You'll probably receive your bike in 2356.
hahaha...
I wasn`t awere of the fact that god has actually some sence of humour..
they say that god is everywhere, so in theory, you`re right here at this very moment, *shakes hands with god and offers him a heineker*

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
hahaha...
I wasn`t awere of the fact that god has actually some sence of humour..
they say that god is everywhere, so in theory, you`re right here at this very moment, *shakes hands with god and offers him a heineker*
Yeah, I'm everywhere and I see everything, I also hear everything.I know all the little secrets that you don't want to tell to your mommy. Anyway, thanks.

Noodles is gay
02-15-2005, 12:32 PM
I wasn`t awere of the fact that god has actually some sence of humour.

Of course he does - he created the Tripboy didn't he?

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I was drunk when I created him...

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Of course he does - he created the Tripboy didn't he?
haha, now that`s true...
maybe god could get rid of trip boy, too, if only he wanted to..

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:39 PM
God don't kill people. Usually.

Noodles is gay
02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
God don't kill people. Usually.

Use an earthquake to make his house fall down - then it'll look like a horrific accident! :p

Tired_Of_You
02-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah I could...but last time I did that, you saw what happened... I don't want something like that to happen again.

Frozen flames
02-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah I could...but last time I did that, you saw what happened... I don't want something like that to happen again.
well..next time you`re playing golf with satan, you could mention trip boy...
he might be willing to it..

Rain Girl
02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't believe in God, nor in Satan and I whipe my ass with the freaking Bible...

Layna
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I believe in god, but not in church.

Jack the Tripper
02-15-2005, 05:55 PM
This is very sacreligous. I don't apreciate that bullshit.

LLadnard
02-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I don't believe in any specific God or anything, because science has opened a lot of pathways to me. For some reason, I have this hinting feeling of some majestic force that controls all that science and basic principles cannot comprehend. But that's just me.

Dexter_Holland
02-16-2005, 03:19 AM
i voted no. there is no such thing like this uber dude who controlls things and stuff.

americanidiot
02-16-2005, 07:52 AM
I believe in more then just god. i believe in mad sex with a prostutute.

Frozen flames
02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't believe in any specific God or anything, because science has opened a lot of pathways to me. For some reason, I have this hinting feeling of some majestic force that controls all that science and basic principles cannot comprehend. But that's just me.
that`s just me too :)
I mean, there must be something very awesome that we don`t know yet.. something powerful...

I wonder if time exists... think about it.. is it just something we humans have created to handle things..? I think it is, like kant thinks too. (thought)
we self put it in this world.. so there would be no beginning of the time, or end of the time.
there is just change.

nickspring-82
02-16-2005, 03:28 PM
I wonder if time exists... think about it.. is it just something we humans have created to handle things..? I think it is, like kant thinks too. (thought)
we self put it in this world.. so there would be no beginning of the time, or end of the time.
there is just change.

umm dude....how in the hell does time get created by us when it is so perfectly aligned to nature, aka the sun rise and set being exactly 24 hours give or take seasonal response.......... i think in your attempt at philosophy you went a touch hard lol, no one in their right mind can say for sure either way i guess, but yeah, what you said :rolleyes: isnt brilliant, time dosesnt help us at all...fear is created from it, we rely on it too much, its not a saviour at all

Moose
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
of course no!!!
i hate priest,etc!!!!!

priests have nothing to do with the existence of God, my poor poor fool.

Frozen flames
02-17-2005, 05:23 AM
umm dude....how in the hell does time get created by us when it is so perfectly aligned to nature, aka the sun rise and set being exactly 24 hours give or take seasonal response.......... i think in your attempt at philosophy you went a touch hard lol, no one in their right mind can say for sure either way i guess, but yeah, what you said :rolleyes: isnt brilliant, time dosesnt help us at all...fear is created from it, we rely on it too much, its not a saviour at all

you`re wrong dude. you haven`t thought about the thing enough or you just don`t get it.
it seems you don`t know a shit about kant so it`s no wonder you don`t get the point.
of course time exists, the point is that time is merely one form of perception.

FuckingHardcoreBitch
02-17-2005, 06:31 AM
I don't believe in god… like Greg Graffin said "'ill believe in god when one and one are five"…
anyway i respect people who need to beleive in god. Whatever people are interested on. It's too bad religion (especially christian) fucked up our society way before americana was discovered.
There might "something" outthere "superior" to us. A "greater intelligence".…whatever…

basically (i'm may b wrong though) i think religion (hence god) was made by humans who needed to control their kind back in the days( "Be kind or you'll burn in hell"). THat you can figure out a way to live. I've heard some ppl say " you don't beleive in god ? how can you live ? "… I've accpeted the fact that we're just animals wandering on earth. And you give your life the meaning you want it to be.

about that comment on using bible to wipe some ass. A friend of mine, louis, uses bible sleeves to roll big fat joints and/or snort cocaine. I love it

intothevalleyofdeath
02-17-2005, 06:59 AM
i truly believe in God and Jesus, and He is a big part of my life

Moose
02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't believe in god… like Greg Graffin said "'ill believe in god when one and one are five"…
anyway i respect people who need to beleive in god. Whatever people are interested on. It's too bad religion (especially christian) fucked up our society way before americana was discovered.
There might "something" outthere "superior" to us. A "greater intelligence".…whatever…

basically (i'm may b wrong though) i think religion (hence god) was made by humans who needed to control their kind back in the days( "Be kind or you'll burn in hell"). THat you can figure out a way to live. I've heard some ppl say " you don't beleive in god ? how can you live ? "… I've accpeted the fact that we're just animals wandering on earth. And you give your life the meaning you want it to be.

about that comment on using bible to wipe some ass. A friend of mine, louis, uses bible sleeves to roll big fat joints and/or snort cocaine. I love it

it seems to me that people are confusing religion with God...granted im a catholic, but even if i didnt believe in the other things, it doesnt mean i wouldnt believe in God...God is seen as the creator, the higher being that we can never be, he could have nothing to do with religion, or if you believe that, then he can, but it can be two totally seperate issues...philosophers in the past have not even thought of the two as being together.

Dead Cheerleader
02-17-2005, 10:19 PM
God is make believe to help people fear dying less. People have been making up gods since the beginning of time. The Aztecs had gods, saying that the Christian god is real is just like saying that the Aztec gods are real. It is all equally ridiculous. There's no god, but god is functional sometimes I guess.

nickspring-82
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Frozen Flames...( even your name spouts lameness )

your bitter arguing of your point leads me to my overall view.... philosophy is made up so we seem more intelligent than we are, most of what we do or say is trying to make ourselves seem better or more important, so most of what ppl say in the end will always make me think they are just bullshitting, as are most of my words but you wont admitt anything like that will you, would be a little too damaging upon that brains ego

Moose
02-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Frozen Flames...( even your name spouts lameness )

your bitter arguing of your point leads me to my overall view.... philosophy is made up so we seem more intelligent than we are, most of what we do or say is trying to make ourselves seem better or more important, so most of what ppl say in the end will always make me think they are just bullshitting, as are most of my words but you wont admitt anything like that will you, would be a little too damaging upon that brains ego

cilmb out of the cave and open up your small mind.

Frozen flames
02-18-2005, 12:03 PM
cilmb out of the cave and open up your small mind.
hmm..
I`ll just let him think "he won", as he wants to think of it.
he`s stupid and he can`t stand it if someone actually has brains and education and happens to know philosophy. I bet he even finds himself so tough.. he`s nothing but a ridiculous clown.