PDA

View Full Version : US Ambassador and 3 others killed.

WebDudette
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
The attacks occurred Tuesday night in the eastern city of Benghazi by protesters angry over a film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad, according to Libya officials. Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed when he and a group of embassy employees went to the consulate to try to evacuate staff as the building came under attack by a mob guns and rocket propelled grenades. Three other Americans were also killed. (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012/09/12/libyan-officials-us-ambassador-killed-in-attack/57752828/1)

The violence was part of a protest against an American amateur film “Innocence of Muslims” deemed offensive to the Prophet Muhammad. A similar incident took place in Cairo, Egypt’s capital.
The film was produced by a US-based group that includes Terry Jones, a Christian pastor involved in a Koran-burning scandal that triggered mass protests in Afghanistan. On the anniversary of the attacks of September 11, 2001, he released a video promoting the film that portrays the Prophet in a "satirical" manner, according to Jones. (http://rt.com/news/us-ambassador-libya-killed-946/)

This is so fucking absurd. If you want people to stop criticizing and disrespecting your religion, maybe stop murdering innocent people.

Anyway, I expect this will have a pretty significant effect on the election and will be talked about at great length. Where do you think this will lead? As of yet there is no real organization or entity responsible, will the United States retaliate in any way? Considering both of these attacks happened in countries that were part of the Arab Spring, countries that the United States helped during their revolutions, do you think it's a good idea for America to interfere in Syria?

jacknife737
09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure if there will be much of a retaliation in a conventional sense concerning the attack in Libya: the US will probably pull out most of its state department officials and there may be an airstrike or two/and or a special forces strike against the suspected militants.

And as horribly messy and complicated as the Syrian situation may be, I'm still generally supportive of a more proactive US/NATO response(especially involving Turkey); but things are a bit tricky given the Assad's regime's chemical weapon's stores.

I have no idea what the legacy of the Arab Spring will be in the region, but i don't think it's necessarily going to be the happy ending that a lot of the media seemed to proclaim it to be as it was occuring: we really won't know for another 5-10 years at least.

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 07:31 AM
I hope we send our military over there and butcher these people. They attack the US embassy, kill innoent people because of a friggin movie. These people are just plain crazy. Eliminate them. Their hate isn't even based on their crazy ass religeous belief system any longer, it is simply to create chaos without any thought as to what the outcome may be. They use their religeon as an excuse to be complete animals. And then people wonder what would happen if they happened to get nuclear weapons? Shit, they would shoot them off indiscrminantly of course. What is the responsibility of the Egyptian law to protect our embassy? Just to stand by and watch people get murdered? Time to start eliminating the threat...by any means necessary.

Little_Miss_1565
09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
The whole thing is very sad and ridiculous. What I don't understand is who produced this film and why are the protesters holding the US responsible for it?

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
The whole thing is very sad and ridiculous. What I don't understand is who produced this film and why are the protesters holding the US responsible for it?

Well, the movie was made by an American-Israelian called Sam Bacile.

So that 's the start of the explanation.

Little_Miss_1565
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks, Harley.

Because clearly all Americans are responsible for the actions of one. Ugh, this is ridiculous.

EDIT: Apparently he's an Israeli living and working in the US as a real estate developer in California. I'd love to know what real estate here he's responsible for developing, so I can avoid it.

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Yes but on the other hand, if you read the first message of this thread, clearly, some also think that the actions of a few stupid islamists represent the whole religion...

Not that you are wrong though...But some posters in this thread definitely are...

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
This is the main reason diplomacy over there is a waste of breath. There is little or no control or even a semblence of sanity with Islamists. The new Egyptian President, we'll call him the head donkey fucker, has not even condemned this action as far as I have read. It will eventually come down to simply getting rid of these people. If a movie pisses off these freaks and pushes them to butcher innocent people with machine guns and grenades, what do you think they would do if they had real weapons? They aren't the brightest race of people in case anyone hadn't noticed.

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2012, 09:29 AM
This is the main reason diplomacy over there is a waste of breath. There is little or no control or even a semblence of sanity with Islamists. The new Egyptian President, we'll call him the head donkey fucker, has not even condemned this action as far as I have read. It will eventually come down to simply getting rid of these people. If a movie pisses off these freaks and pushes them to butcher innocent people with machine guns and grenades, what do you think they would do if they had real weapons? They aren't the brightest race of people in case anyone hadn't noticed.

What do you call machine guns and grenades if not "real weapons" ? :D

Also, are you a troll or just racist ? I haven't been here in a long time and I don't remember you...

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
What do you call machine guns and grenades if not "real weapons" ? :D

Also, are you a troll or just racist ? I haven't been here in a long time and I don't remember you...

Real weapons would be long range weapons that destroy large populations. Killing innocent americans is a personal thing to me. If you think that is racist, you're an idiot.

Since you haven't been here in a while, that makes you the troll.

Tiny Vessels
09-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Real weapons would be long range weapons that destroy large populations.

Like a rocket launcher?

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Like a rocket launcher?

A hand held rocket launcher has very limited range. ie...weapons that are accurate, long range, mass destruction.. nukes, gas, atom, long range weapons of mass destruction. Jeezeuz, do you people live a vacuum?

Tiny Vessels
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
A hand held rocket launcher has very limited range. ie...weapons that are accurate, long range, mass destruction.. nukes, gas, atom, long range weapons of mass destruction. Jeezeuz, do you people live a vacuum?

Silly Moto no one lives in a vacuum.:)

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh well... I was just saying this because you said "they aren't the brightest race of people". And that sounded pretty racist to me. But hey, if you say you are not, then, it must be true.

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh well... I was just saying this because you said "they aren't the brightest race of people". And that sounded pretty racist to me. But hey, if you say you are not, then, it must be true.

I am fairly blunt. I do not mean to offend people, but apparently I do. What would you call people who launch grenades and machine gun innocent people over a movie that is 15 minutes long? Reasonable? Good natured? Socially mal-adjusted? I call them batshit crazy. Hand these asshats a Rubiks cube or a magic 8 ball and they would be baffled for a millenia.

Do you ride a Harley or just enjoy the romance novels?

Tiny Vessels
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
How would you know about romantic novels, Moto?

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I know stuff.

Little_Miss_1565
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Not that you are wrong though...But some posters in this thread definitely are...

Some posters in this thread and elsewhere on the forum are racist for sure (though they try to claim otherwise because it's not cool to be racist), and some of those people make me seriously wonder if they've had some manner of traumatic brain injury.

I am fairly blunt. I do not mean to offend people, but apparently I do. What would you call people who launch grenades and machine gun innocent people over a movie that is 15 minutes long? Reasonable? Good natured? Socially mal-adjusted? I call them batshit crazy.

I think we would all agree that they're batshit crazy. You, however, seem to be using this as an excuse to write racist bullshit, which is not okay. Don't be racist and you won't offend people. This seems overly difficult for you.

MOTO13
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Some posters in this thread and elsewhere on the forum are racist for sure (though they try to claim otherwise because it's not cool to be racist), and some of those people make me seriously wonder if they've had some manner of traumatic brain injury.

I think we would all agree that they're batshit crazy. You, however, seem to be using this as an excuse to write racist bullshit, which is not okay. Don't be racist and you won't offend people. This seems overly difficult for you.

Well, maybe if these Islamic animal pieces of shit fucks wouldn't have PARADED the body of Stevens around the streets before they actually killed him and then passed him around later dead and also murdered other innocent people, maybe I'd be more touchy feely towards these fucking dirtbag Islamic sacks of shit.

OC HAU
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Sam Bacile, whatta name, a real germ.

It was funny to post drawn Muhammad in 2006, but since it causes so much death, it should be outlawed to provoke fundamentalists. Don't try to understand them, don't provoke them. Let's add it into community rules.

Little_Miss_1565
09-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Well, maybe if these Islamic animal pieces of shit fucks wouldn't have PARADED the body of Stevens around the streets before they actually killed him and then passed him around later dead and also murdered other innocent people, maybe I'd be more touchy feely towards these fucking dirtbag Islamic sacks of shit.

Wow, so I guess one man's "carrying Stevens to the hospital to see if he could be saved" is another crazy person's "parading his body around." Jesus fucking christ on a rubber fucking crutch.

WebDudette
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes but on the other hand, if you read the first message of this thread, clearly, some also think that the actions of a few stupid islamists represent the whole religion...

Yeah, I definitely didn't say that at all. If you read my post I specifically said that the people who attacked the embassy have yet to be identified. The first part of my post was directed at those individuals who raided the embassy, not Egypt, Libya, or Islam. It was specifically directed at those people who felt they were being misrepresented or disrespected and then decided that attacking and killing innocent people was the appropriate response. Thanks for unfairly stereotyping me though ;).

Harleyquiiinn
09-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I definitely didn't say that at all. If you read my post I specifically said that the people who attacked the embassy have yet to be identified. The first part of my post was directed at those individuals who raided the embassy, not Egypt, Libya, or Islam. It was specifically directed at those people who felt they were being misrepresented or disrespected and then decided that attacking and killing innocent people was the appropriate response. Thanks for unfairly stereotyping me though ;).

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding then :)

WebDudette
09-13-2012, 03:08 AM
“I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”
Romney’s attack was not only ill-judged and ill-timed, it was actually based on what appears to be a demonstrable falsehood. Romney, or folks writing in his name at his campaign, claimed that the administration’s first response to the attacks was to issue a press release condemning the anti-Islam film which had helped trigger the attack. This they picked wholesale from the right-wing blogosphere.

In fact, according to all available press reports and the account of the State Department, the press release in question came from the US Embassy in Egypt and preceded the attacks. So to claim it was a response to the attacks was simply false. So while American diplomats were dying in the field, Romney pops up with an egregious attempt to politicize the deaths with a flat out lie. (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/09/when_you_learn_theyre_not_ready.php)

Stay classy, Romney. Seriously, this is the type of thing I'd except from ultra conservative bloggers and TV personalities like Beck and Limbaugh, this isn't something you should hear from a fucking PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

"Gov. Romney seems to have a tendency to shoot first and aim later, and as president, one of the things I've learned is you can't do that," Obama said during an interview with CBS. "It's important for you to make sure that the statements that you make are backed up by the facts and that you've thought through the ramifications before you make them." (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/with-attacks-in-middle-east-campaign-turns-to-foreign-policy/)

Llamas
09-13-2012, 04:24 AM

Middle eastern countries have terrible education systems, and there's a strong correlation between lack of education and strong nationalism. Dumb people (from any country) are the most likely to see one person or a small group of people do something bad, and extrapolate. Moto is doing the same thing.

EDIT: Apparently he's an Israeli living and working in the US as a real estate developer in California. I'd love to know what real estate here he's responsible for developing, so I can avoid it.

I'd like to know more about this film... I see nothing wrong with criticizing a religion if it's balanced and objective. However, if the creator of the film is a Christian who's just putting down another religion, then Douche Bag is his name.

Ah yes, at a time when our country is broke as fuck and we have no money for ANYTHING, we should definitely borrow more money to spend on sending troops to Libya. Great idea!!!

How about all these white American animal pieces of shit fucks who've been walking into movie theatres and schools lately and shooting the place up? Fucking dirtbag white American sacks of shit.

Stay classy, Romney. Seriously, this is the type of thing I'd except from ultra conservative bloggers and TV personalities like Beck and Limbaugh, this isn't something you should hear from a fucking PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

I can't really get upset about him politicizing it; if he hadn't, I'm sure Obama would've. Everything gets politicized around this time. However, it's funny how wrong he was. What a moron.

WebDudette
09-13-2012, 04:39 AM
It's less about him politicizing, more about him blatantly lying in an attempt to politicize it.

Everything I've read about the movie seems to point to it being created specifically for instigating people. If you tried hard enough, I'm sure you could find it, it's only 20 minutes long as far as I know.

Harleyquiiinn
09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
It's less about him politicizing, more about him blatantly lying in an attempt to politicize it.

Everything I've read about the movie seems to point to it being created specifically for instigating people. If you tried hard enough, I'm sure you could find it, it's only 20 minutes long as far as I know.

Actually, the version that circulates is only 20 minutes long but it is the short version. The "movie" is actually 2 hours long and costed 5.000.000 dollars to make. The money was given by about a hundred anonymous jewish donators.

(I would give the source to this but it's in french and you have to be registered to read it... It's very serious newspaper though)

That's a lot of money just to piss off people... I don't even understand the purpose of this. Is Islam that represented in the US ?

WebDudette
09-13-2012, 06:03 AM
I'd heard about that, but I also read an interview with an actor/producer from the movie who said he estimates the budget at about 100,000. I am sure we'll find out a lot more as time goes on, it's too early to know anything for sure at this point.

Little_Miss_1565
09-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I'd like to know more about this film... I see nothing wrong with criticizing a religion if it's balanced and objective. However, if the creator of the film is a Christian who's just putting down another religion, then Douche Bag is his name.

His name is more than Douche Bag. The film is essentially Birth of a Nation.

MOTO13
09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
...How about all these white American animal pieces of shit fucks who've been walking into movie theatres and schools lately and shooting the place up? Fucking dirtbag white American sacks of shit.

I have no problem with that. Take these people out back and use them as a backdrop for archery practice. Someday people may learn that there needs to be a quick and ultimate price for being crazy...stupid...impulsive. The punishment should be swift and public. Right now, every dirtbag that commits a crime is somehow seen as a victim of some type. Crminally insane, not able to be accountable for their actions...blah blah fuckin blah. Don't care what your mental condition is/was...you murder, you get gone...quickly.

The ONLY way I could see around this is cases of abuse.

Little_Miss_1565
09-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Moto, where the hell are you getting any of this? Seriously. I've seen 0% of anyone say the violent protesters are victims of some kind, and I'm pretty seriously far to the left of Obama.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
09-13-2012, 09:18 PM
How about all these white American animal pieces of shit fucks who've been walking into movie theatres and schools lately and shooting the place up? Fucking dirtbag white American sacks of shit.

Let's nuke 'em all!

Tiny Vessels
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Let's nuke 'em all!

I agree with you.

Llamas
09-14-2012, 02:28 AM
It's good to look at both sides of this mess.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377756_601802556674_1751444230_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303558_601802476834_544496142_n.jpg