PDA

View Full Version : trivial guitar riffs

Gabriel
02-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I allways wonder why the hell Offspring have such easy guitar riffs, I mean Noodles- he's really good guitarist, but only thing he makes in the Offspring is playing four acords. I really don't understand him, isn't that borning for him??
look at Jade (AFI), guitars in AFI are more interesting... but I don't think that Jade could be better guitarist than Noodles. Anyway, I really love some offspring guitar riffs, especialy from Ignition(cool effects).

GBH2
02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
it's so they don't screw up playing live.

Gabriel
02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
it's so they don't screw up playing live.
buahaha, Noodles sometimes plays fast solos at break between songs, and I'v never heard that he screwed up

nickspring-82
02-16-2005, 02:49 PM
noodles is a 80's guitarist, AFI guy isnt, and most likely is better than noodles..., its just the style of riffs noodles makes up wouldnt support the studio songs, and i dont think he finds it boring dude....he loves playing offspring songs, you can see it when you watch him, he vibes to the music like a person who is so into it, bad habit is a kewl example

Velvit_Revolver
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
If your gonna talk about 80's guitarist, u should drop "noodles" and start wiht Mick Mars ( motley Crue ) , Eddie V Halen ( well du! ) , Slash ( G N' R ) , Dave Melgin ( Stone Temple Pilots .

nickspring-82
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
umm....i didnt say he was a good 80's guitarist...but he is ok, he started playing in 1981, making him clearly an 80's influence...what kind of statement were you trying to make anyhow :confused:

mrconeman
02-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Noodles is a great guitarist, and they dont make more complex riffs because they make punk music you idiot, if they made more complex riffs they would not sound the same

and noodles is hardley from 80's influence if he only started in 81, too be influenced by the 80's he would have had to start playing towards the middle or end of the 80's not the very begining, hes influenced by the 70's, and when he started he liked jimmi hendrix who was most definatly not from the 80's so kindly shut up

nickspring-82
02-17-2005, 05:57 AM
if you would kindly listen to ignition you would realise that is very 80's riffs, they made thier first album in 89, meaning he became a good guitarist playing mostly bands from the 80's who were punk and his peers, how many ppl sound like hendrix...you made no sense, thats one artist, there is multiple he has listed in interviews from the 80's

IdleOffspring
02-17-2005, 06:05 AM
it's not about the difficulty but about how its done!
Punk rock is about easy riffs.
why make it difficult if its easy and sounds great.
Noodles is the best!

intothevalleyofdeath
02-17-2005, 06:21 AM
If your gonna talk about 80's guitarist, u should drop "noodles" and start wiht Mick Mars ( motley Crue ) , Eddie V Halen ( well du! ) , Slash ( G N' R ) , Dave Melgin ( Stone Temple Pilots .

VELVET VELVET not VELVIT....ur such a tool

Gabriel
02-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Noodles is a great guitarist, and they dont make more complex riffs because they make punk music you idiot,

wow! I thought punk is against all rules you idiot!

london_calling
02-17-2005, 12:15 PM
steve vai plays guitar best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

90's_boy
02-17-2005, 12:24 PM
i taught him everything he knows.

4eh
02-17-2005, 12:55 PM
so now you know that offspring stuff id so easy, and what? you don't like them now? it doesn't matter how much riffs are there in the song, if it's cool, it rocks! but you can have a song with 20 accords and it would suck.

noodlesdec25
02-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh this is a very commun thing....the guys who says that complex guitar sounds are better......thats not true, better guitar sound its not how fast or complex it is, but how good sounding is, for example the kids arent allright: this song is easy to play but the guitar is incredible!, the first guitar solo of the song at the begining is awsom!, but its easy!, GNR song sucks very BAD and the guitar is horrible!...a little bit complex but its horrible....GNR SUCKS

The best guitar Player: Michael Angelo Batio(nowone plays better than him)

coke_a_holic
02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Are you on crack?! Slash is freakin awesome!

london_calling
02-18-2005, 04:20 AM
i hate gnr , but slash rocks , velvet revolver rock . noodles rocks !!!!!!
DUFF ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!